IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justanotherrat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3943 2 years ago

65 pages into this thread. This is the answer I came to find (where to get decals to repair ramp drop/inlane damage) and I can't find what I'm after on the site. Maybe they aren't available anymore?

#3944 2 years ago

Got to the 79th page and still no answer. I wanted to read the full thread before posting any questions.

Have owned a Fish Tales (one of my two grail pins) for about 3 weeks now and it is in pretty good condition, it does need the cabinet art replaced but that can wait for now. Where the ball drops from the rail onto the left inlane is wearing. I'm guessing some mylar on both side will be the prevention for further damage but what is the best way to fix the appearance? Are there decals available for this or do I need to look into water slides which I've seen mentioned?

PXL_20211008_113803271 (Small) (resized).jpgPXL_20211008_113803271 (Small) (resized).jpg
#3949 2 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

Amazing new alternate translite by Brian Allen is now available. Ordered one last night! He also has art blades and limited prints on his site.... flylandesigns.com
[quoted image]

Thanks for the information... thought I'd point out that you left a "d" out of the web address.

www.flylanddesigns.com

1 week later
#3962 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I played my Fishy before buying and noticed the weird extra balle text. Is it meant to have an e on the end of ball?

There is a fixed version of the ROM. It is mentioned a few times within this thread. If I remembered the version number I would have told you but it's basically L5 with LED ghosting fix and the Extra Ball spelling fixed.

#3982 2 years ago

I've encountered a problem and need some help thinking this one through. It happened first the other day and after turning it off for a while and back on it seemed to fix itself so I put it down as a glitch and moved on but today the problem is back.

The ball popper and kickout don't pop/kick. The game realises that the ball is there, but it doesn't seem to know how to kick. There are also a number of lamps out. The Port and Starboard lamps on the boat as well as the Feeding Frenzy lights also on the boat aren't working as well as the orange (centre) fish on the playfield and all of the tails don't light as well as the Lock Ball 3 lamp.

I read the manual trying to see in the matrix had all of these things in common but it points me to boards/connectors that don't exist so I can only assume that I am reading the matrix wrong.

#3985 2 years ago
Quoted from JustAnotherRat:

I've encountered a problem and need some help thinking this one through. It happened first the other day and after turning it off for a while and back on it seemed to fix itself so I put it down as a glitch and moved on but today the problem is back.
The ball popper and kickout down't pop/kick. The game realises that the ball is there, but it doesn't seem to know how to kick. There are also a number of lamps out. The Port and Starboard lamps on the boat as well as the Feeding Frenzy lights also on the boat aren't working as well as the orange (centre) fish on the playfield and all of the tails don't light as well as the Lock Ball 2 lamp.
I read the manual trying to see in the matrix had all of these things in common but it points me to boards/connectors that don't exist so I can only assume that I am reading the matrix wrong.

Trying to work out what's going on. Looking at this image inside the cab and everything on the 3rd row (Q88 Red-Ord J133-4) is not working. I went to the board but J133 doesn't have a connector. Where am I meant to look?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3995 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

J133 and J134 J135 right under it are identical. That lamp row connector can be connected to any of those. (Check the wire colors and you will see it is plugged in to one of those.)
[quoted image]

Thank you. I didn't realise that. I'll get back to doing some more testing.

#3996 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

You are getting intermittent switch and lamp glitches. Step 1 is reseat the ribbon cables in the backbox when weird things happen. Does that have any affect?

I missed this post originally, I came back and re-read and gave it a try. This is what fixed the problem. I was very surprised, but very happy. Thanks.

9 months later
#4874 1 year ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Question for the group. When I turn on my Fish Tales, the eject at the top right fires continuously 4 or 5 times then stops. But when you play the game and the ball drops into the eject hole, it doesnt register and fire it out until it does a ball search.
What could be the issue?

Check if the contacts are separated when no ball is in the saucer, you may need to bend a little gap in there.

1 week later
#4875 1 year ago

Where the ball drops out of the habitrail onto the playfield to go down the left inlane, the playfield image has worn off. I was thinking of getting an image of the area, printing it as a waterslide decal, installing and then covering it with a mylar sticker.

Is there a simpler solution?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
$ 169.00
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justanotherrat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=justanotherrat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.