p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
FT1 (resized).jpg
fishtales sword (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 13.20.11 (resized).png
3ff3af1335f3cf0ab4ddec7bc6e817774e6da3b5 (resized).jpg
20240121_211414 (resized).jpg
20240121_211552 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeschall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4376 2 years ago

Getting ready to join the club with a pinside purchase, but have a question about the brown connector in the bottom right of the below photo. It seems this can't be the original connector. Does this look like damage to anyone or just a replacement connector of a different color? Input and insight deeply appreciated.

FT connector (resized).jpgFT connector (resized).jpg
#4378 2 years ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

Looks like a replacement connector. The OEM connectors were white/natural with paint on the side of the connector (painted on raised ribs) which was a color code for the wire gauge. Replacement versions are color coded plastic bodies. I've bought replacements from Marco that looked like that.

Whew. That's a relief. Thanks so much. Looking forward to joining the club, with a purchase lined up within the next few days. What a great title this is. Thanks for such a fast reply!

#4382 2 years ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

I wouldn't worry about the connector. Even if the replacement was bad/burnt it's a pretty simple/basic repair. Nothing to worry about.

Again--thanks!

#4384 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I would inquire to see if the Header Pins were also replaced when the connector was replaced/rebuilt.

If they were not, I would replace them when I had the chance. Always best to do both at the same time.

Great advice. Thanks! You guys are the best.

#4394 2 years ago

Just picked up an FT today and it also has that ACCEPTED sticker in the bottom of the cabinet, as pictured above. Can anyone give insight as to what that means? Imported and converted to 120V?

#4396 2 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

The sticker with model and serial number that's located inside cabinet and also on back of cabinet will show voltage as 230 if its export also coin door on export is different . I think the accepted sticker is from cabinet manufacturer

Cool. Thanks!

1 week later
#4420 2 years ago

Having a problem with the ball lock. The ball makes it to the reel, the reel spins and drops the ball, but then the ball is ejected back into play with no lock being registered. I assume that this is a problem that others have encountered. Before I start disassembling, any tips on where to start? I'm not sure whether it's an opto or other type of switch that registers the lock and how hard it is to get to.

#4423 2 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I bet its the opto, loose wire or maybe the opto is dirty or bad. It's easy to get to.

Thanks. I'll get at it!

Quoted from yzfguy:

I'd also go into switch test and make sure the switch on the crossover ramp (under the metal cover with a fly on it) is working properly. Mine was doing the same, and I just had to adjust this switch slightly.

Superb. Thanks!

#4424 2 years ago

A friend also told me to check the belt and go into the reel test, so I'll take a good look at all these options and report back.

#4427 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If the reel is taking the ball from the ramp, spinning, and ejecting okay then there is no issue with the reel itself. That said, there are tabs on the reel that trigger optos as it spins. That's how the game keeps track of the reel movement and keeps things in sync. You should get awarded the lock before the ball even gets inside the reel. I would check the ramp switches first.

Got it. Thanks. The game is routed, so I plan to check it on location later today. Great tips!

#4428 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'd also go into switch test and make sure the switch on the crossover ramp (under the metal cover with a fly on it) is working properly. Mine was doing the same, and I just had to adjust this switch slightly.

That indeed did the trick. The simplest of solutions! Thanks so much.

#4430 2 years ago

Another FT question. Considering upgrading to a color DMD. However, the support page says that ROM L-5 is needed. My FT is running ROM L-4. What is the simplest way to update to L-5? I've done chip swaps before.

#4432 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get the L-5 game ROM, pull out the L-4 game Rom, stick the L-5 game ROM in. Line up the notch on the end of the chip with the mark on the board. Don't trust labels.

Thanks, Lloyd. Funny you mention labels--I suspect my current ROM is definitely mislabeled, so I'm trusting the DMD ROM readout. Thanks!

#4445 2 years ago

"What a beauty!"

1 week later
#4492 2 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Just as a follow up with my reel not locking the balls properly... it was 100% my original rubber/belt that was on the reel. I didn't bother replacing it at first because it felt nice and tight. However, as others suggested, I purchased a new belt from Marco Specialties and everything is working perfect.

So I just wanted to thank everyone and this community for chiming in and helping me fix my "ball locking" issu

Thanks for the follow-up. Amazing how such a cheap and simple solution makes all the difference in a critical feature of a game. Enjoy reelin' 'em in!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Herndon, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeschall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=joeschall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.