Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
20240406_211505 (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1285 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Also only left side. No idea why the right side is hard to get, seems a bit weird

Is it possible the right side was more prone to tarnishing because of the way the hand hits it? I know the outside of Demolition man handles are worn more than the inside. Possibly people only needed the right side because it was the only side with wear. Just a shot in the dark.

#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yeah most likely correct, i guess that proves there's more right handed people out there than left handed

Lol. I instantly thought that same thing. Then I realized you can only shoot with your right hand on fishtales. Well I guess you could shoot lefty but it would be incredibly awkward. Lol

2 weeks later
#1295 6 years ago

Wow that is super tempting.

#1306 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

allibaster its a must! Such a wonderful game for it. Im restoring one and that item is the top of the list for me. I have played a fish tales with a LED and its awesome!, personally I like the LCD.
I have one in my indy, but i'm sure either woul dlook amazing on this game.

I know the lcd allows you to control the dot size and stuff like that but are the colors better on lcd than led? I have a friend with an Addams family led colordmd and the skin tones are pretty pinkish. I’m on the fence. Sell me on the lcd

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I had a couple extras on my recent purchase I'm not going to use. PM me if you're interested.
Full LED kit from pinball.co.uk with 180 LEDs. Normally $170. Price is $100 shipped in using PayPal friends and family. Add $4 otherwise.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/57587
Full rubber kit from Marcos Specialties in white. Price is $10 shipped in using PayPal friends and family. Add $1 otherwise.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/57588

I sent you a PM on the Rubber. I was just getting ready to order a set lol

4 weeks later
#1378 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I swapped out my pops for blue, but I added an extra light up there to properly illuminate that plastic.

What do the blue caps look like in the game. Do you have a pic handy?

#1382 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Here's green with blue skirts
Clear base

I like those a lot

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Normally a European coin door has 3 slots like my German reimport that still says 1DM, 2DM, 5DM. Not sure why yours has 2 coin slots.

Someone probably changed the coin door when it came back. Which countries use those coin door with the one large slot? I’ve had a bunch of those. I never cared enough to look and see where they came from though. Reimported games never bothered me. I know you can find some crazy hacks but some of the nicest machines I’ve ever had wer reimported

2 months later
#1549 6 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Follow-up, how important is it to insert the plugs into the N/A ports on the connector where there is no pin on the board. I believe its only 1 on the J120?

It won’t hurt your game at all to leave it out but I’d suggest keying the plug if you can at all. I’ve bought so many project pins that have been damaged by plugs that weren’t keyed being put in the wrong spot.

1 week later
#1588 6 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Ok casters club.... looks like I'm in, I got a very nice price from the seller on the project, and the o.k. from chief financial controller (my mrs). Will try to seal the deal this weeknd.

You won’t regret it. I wasn’t a huge fish tales fan until I picked one up. It will never leave. Might even rival whirlwind for my favorite game even.

#1592 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Ok. Thanks. The last 2 games I played were not too bad, but I also noticed the flipper bats are out,of alignment a little. I already have new bats on order, so after they are correct I will see how it plays.

Mine did that. Play with the level of the game until it stops. It took a bit of tinkering to get just perfect

#1599 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Yes, seems all in the leveling. No play in the rail at all which is screwed firmly into the playfield. If you think "raise the right side levelers to make the ball hug the left rail to return to the left flipper,'...that seems to make it worse, causing the ball to spin off the rail prematurely into the center of the flippers. ...that was what I found to be happening anyway.

This exactly! Mine hit the rubber on the post and went SDTM everytime almost. It was all in the level. Finally got it lined out right and it never happened again

1 month later
#1674 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Leave the incandescent in. Especially the backglass. You will be happy with a nice, even light that does not spot or cause excessive glare. Color match the inserts with LEDs is ok.

Or you could just get 2smd frosted domes since he asked about LED. Its always a personal choice obviously. I personally prefer clean white light to the dirty yellow of incandescent. But that’s just my opinion

2 months later
#1796 5 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

anyone have the fishing rod plastic in good cond

They appear randomly from time to time. I have seen two on eBay in the last year and one from Australia. But it’s a pretty rare part as mentioned above. As soon as you find it however, there will be three listed on your local Craigslist. Or does that seem to only happen to me

1 month later
#1859 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-topper-2

Fish tales topper just listed in the market place. I gave more than $200 for mine

1 month later
#1954 5 years ago

Not quite the amazing resto that has been displayed by some pinsiders recently but my fish tales was in desperate need of a facelift. Taking a quick break tomorrow to pick up a Batman Forever then it’s on to finishing!

Attaching a before and a where I’m at right now pic

40AA813B-5577-4423-A825-150574E5BA9D (resized).jpeg40AA813B-5577-4423-A825-150574E5BA9D (resized).jpeg9D6410F8-ACDD-4FAD-A98C-3C6ACDD01D46 (resized).jpeg9D6410F8-ACDD-4FAD-A98C-3C6ACDD01D46 (resized).jpeg
#1961 5 years ago

Mine is the same. I don’t believe this machine has ever been taken apart so I would imagine that’s how it can factory

AA723CF9-6E76-488D-A993-F30C69E120B6 (resized).pngAA723CF9-6E76-488D-A993-F30C69E120B6 (resized).png
#1972 5 years ago

I guess that the mermaid fits in with the back box art.

#1979 5 years ago

Did you guys put foam behind these targets when you went through your machine? They didn’t have foam when I pulled it apart so I wanted to check

EA64E22E-81A9-400F-9BD3-42F995C91497 (resized).jpegEA64E22E-81A9-400F-9BD3-42F995C91497 (resized).jpeg
#1982 5 years ago

Mine has it on that one and the extra ball target but not the others. Of course I figured that it could have just deteriorated over time on mine lol. It was filthy

1 week later
#1990 5 years ago

Finally got the playfield back together. Put about ten games on it and quickly realized this game was even more brutal without all the dirt slowing the ball down lol.

0BBDF976-129B-43E6-8BCF-56F29A03FCE4 (resized).jpeg0BBDF976-129B-43E6-8BCF-56F29A03FCE4 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2005 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

ok checked online and the flashers do not light in attract mode. can anyone please tell me if you can check the backboard flashers in the test menu. when i check i can only get one to light during the video mode flasher test. can anyone please confirm this is what their machine does as well?

If you go into test mode and test flasher there will be a corresponding flasher in the backbox to everyone that lights on the playfield. I notice backbox flashers during gameplay most when locking a ball. Seems like they go crazy at that point

3 weeks later
#2102 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Shopped out my newly acquired FT over the last couple nights! Put it all back together last night. After the plunge the ball guide used to send the ball to the left flipper, now it's hitting a bump in the ball guide and sending the ball to the right flipper. Is there an ajustment on that ball guide? I'm going to rip it back apart tonight and take a look but thought I'd ask before I do it.
[quoted image]

I know this sounds obvious but my fish tales was a pain in the butt to level properly. It did the exact same thing you are describing and the only way I could fix it was by adjusting the the level.

#2129 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Of all my games only my T2 had it... cause those had the older "hinge" style playfield lift.

Which really sucks when shopping one out lol. I’m tearing my T2 apart right now

4 weeks later
#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Specifically this area here. Can't tell what causes this. Ball just completely shifts gears right around small left fish insert and flings itself stdm or straight right coming out left orbit[quoted image]

I think it’s hitting that rubber. It would hit that rubber on the plunge when I owned it every once in a while and richocet straight down the middle. I was able to get it to go to left flipper 100% of the time by adjusting the level on the front legs. There are a ton of posts on here of that same problem and it seems most it all were in leveling the machine. I’d take the glass off and adjust the level and then plunge it over and over until it is set just right.

#2185 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well hey John! Notice I'm not bitchin to you about it. You told me about this. It's just I've seen this on multiple FT's...very strange. I guess I need to take a vid and then watch it in slow motion to pinpoint this. I don't think it's hitting the rubber, but it might be. It's not even hitting the insert. Right above the insert the ball just completely changes trajectory and goes 20° to the right. Will play a bunch tonight and see if I can narrow it down with a video.

It is very strange. I always thought they were hitting that rubber but it comes off fast. I know when I first got it set up it would bounce off of something on the plunge and go sdtm about every other time. I eventually got it to go to left flipper every time. I want to say I lowered the right front leg a little at a time to work it out. I had read on here somewhere that someone else had done the same thing so that was what I did. I think that V_piscopo was having the same problem with his and that fixed it.

2 weeks later
#2245 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

AH HA!
There it be! Thanks Tex! Wouldn't have seen that if it were a shark and bit me. Does it pop up when you lock all 3 balls? Only locked 2 thus far, but my backhand to it is gettin better.

I believe the game set to have the casters club open the first time through all three locks. Once you get the first multiball you should have to hit the drop target to lock balls the second time through. At least I think that is how it was.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=jmountjoy111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.