IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2671 4 years ago

Haven't analyzed the situation too deeply yet, but my shooter assembly inside the game fell off. I lifted the PF and the coil and assembly was just dangling by the wires. On the inside of the apron I see there is a L shaped bracket where the plunger attaches too, but it looks like it was welded metal, and not held in by screws. Is that true? Quick thoughts on I how can fix this?

#2674 4 years ago

Ok that looks like the part I need. I was confused because mine fell apart at the tack weld.

46218091-3E29-40F9-B60E-449BB2836567 (resized).jpeg46218091-3E29-40F9-B60E-449BB2836567 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2698 4 years ago

There is a new universal shaker in town. Announcement below.

Pinshakers would like to welcome Pinball Life as our exclusive online retailer for our universal shaker motor kits. We are extremely excited to work with Pinball Life and are looking forward to serving the pinball community along side them.
Visit http://www.pinballlife.com and order your kit today! They have the Standard and Premium versions in stock, ready to arrive by Christmas!

Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#2702 4 years ago

It definitely wouldn’t work in video mode. I just dropped one in my AFM original, and just having the ability to have a shaker is awesome. I have it currently set to trigger when the plunger fires, slingshots fire, gate is dropped, flasher going off I’m the saucer, and the 4 Martians. Tons of options and can also control the intensity. I think I’m going to get one for White Water and Grand Lizard next.

2 months later
#2839 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Question - when the game first powers up, I get this on the screen. According to the manual, this machine has an issue if this massage pops up.
Is this correct? What issue? Or is this just a standard startup message?
I'll run it through the diagnostics to check each coil, switch, lamp - later tonight, but thought I'd ask some experienced "fishermen" (or fisherwomen??)
Thanks for the help![quoted image]

Generally, if you press the setup button at that stage it should instantly show you in the display what the errors are. Another to check is date and time.

When the game is fully booted up, do you have a “credit dot” after the credits or free play wording?

#2857 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Cool, Thanks
I find the doubles intriguing
Also there is a discrepancy on rubber G
Will edit post pics

This game was probably routed before. Operators used to double up on rubbers on slings and other high traffic areas in the event one broke the game was still playable, especially if they didn’t have any rubbers on the truck.

6 months later
#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

Hoping someone can help me...
My fishtales keeps re setting...
Every 2 minutes or even I'm playing a few minutes into the game the machine will just reset out of the blue
Iim not tech savvy but my technician tried adding more power as he thought there isnt enough voltage ?...
If that's not the problem does someone know what else I can try... I will relay the info to my guy who helps me fix them... trying to bypass the hours of figuring this out...
I sincerely appreciate any feedback someone can give me....
Thanks in advance

http://www.kahr.us/daughterboard.html

This is your quick and easy fix. Read the details on the page as this adapter is basically relieving the issue. However, I have the adapter on 3 of my games for well over 2 years with LOTS of play and no issues. Bottom line, this fix works for me because I don’t have time to try and track down the gremlins causing the issue.

1 month later
#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I just ordered one from Classic Arcades on Ebay.

Good call! I might need one as well. How do you plan on applying it? Do you also plan to cover it with Mylar?

4 months later
#3601 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

No idea why but can't find that on the IPDB, alternative name for another machine?

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3160

1 month later
#3650 3 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

I'm really hoping someone has a solution , because obviously I can't come up with one myself. I can't get the ball to stop getting stucked in the longcast switch! As we can see on the picture , the ball gets stuck in the slot for the long cast switch. My first idea was to simply bend the actuator a bit more so that it pushed the ball out.. Every adjustment I made to the actuator never gave any good result.. and I ended up brake the actuator. I temporarily fixed it by using a safety pin that I reshaped, because safety pins are usually pretty sturdy. Yet, I had the same issue again and again, so I tried adjusting it over and over , and then broke the lever on which the actuator is mounted.. I hacked repaired that , and ordered 2 new actuators from Marco. I went ahead and shaped the actuator with trial and error (the location is a total pain to work in). But then I noticed the new actuator was also moving side to side because the lever came loose a bit inside it's plastic case. Since I had the shape , I decided to use my 2nd actuator and be very careful on how I handle it , not to loosen it up too. Well, these actuators are total crap! Even being extra careful the 2nd one ended up loosening itself just as bad.. I opened one of them and added some tension on the lever so that it stops moving as much. Now the actuator really doesn't shift as much, but it probably requires more than the 30g I think was advertised to close the switch.
But no matter how I shape that goddamn actuator, it can never push the ball out of the slot. If i try to lower the actuator so that the ball starts rolling back down the lane, I never managed to make it so that the ball would roll back down, but activate the switch too. My last idea would be to add Kwik wood inside the slot itself, to try and make it narrower so the ball can't hold in the slot, or completely block the first portion of the slot , like 1/8".
Ideas ? It's ruining all my fun.. Every time I play and it gets stuck there I want to do something about it! Trying to shake the ball out often causes tilts ..
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Happens on the 2 of mine as well.

#3684 3 years ago

Just get a grab and release magnet and you don’t even need to take the glass off!

1C7ED343-FAFF-43FC-AED3-88FCF6DD73FB (resized).jpeg1C7ED343-FAFF-43FC-AED3-88FCF6DD73FB (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
12,500 (OBO)
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.