IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 9 years ago

Has anyone made the topper quieter or shake instead of being so loud?

I saw an old thread with a tip using star washers on the armature. I tried to do this, but its just as loud as ever. If there is a way to make it quieter without disconnecting the coil, please let me know. Here's a pic of what I tried. Maybe I put the rubbers in the wrong place or something?

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

#91 9 years ago

Thanks ranch. Ill get a shooter tip on order. For the moment I changed the black rubbers to white and 2 seem toake a nice thud.

1 week later
#93 9 years ago

If you didn't hear yet, Fish Tales is getting a color DMD May 23rd. The MONSTER fish looks great! http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-fish-tales-pinball-machine/

1 week later
#95 9 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

Looks like you have 3 on there (one way down hidden behind the metal). Try using only 1 and putting a shooter tip on the other end that strikes the fish. Mine just shakes and is quiet. You want the piston to still move far enough to shake and the tip helps reduce the knock.

Thanks so much! Its perfect now. I put a plunger tip on and went down to 1 post rubber. I get a nice pull feeling when the fish flops and its not too loud and not too quiet (game volume is at 9.)

1 week later
#111 9 years ago

Is it just me or is the JACKPOT sound on Fish Tales too quiet and generally underwhelming?

2 months later
#145 9 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask this:
I'm looking at 2 different FT for my first pin. The first is $1800: http://s784.photobucket.com/user/pinwizard1/library/Fish%20Tales?sort=3&page=1
with a bad DMD and playfield wear.
The second is in better shape (im working on getting more pictures) for $2400
toledo.craigslist.org link
As a total novice, both of these seem like fair prices. Am I wrong?

If the 2nd one doesn't have a decal in the stringer area, I'd say thats a pretty good deal. The first one isn't a bad either, especially if you are planning on putting in a color dmd and the cabinet fade doesn't bother you.

Get some pics inside the cabinet and of the boards. This game has a lot of backbox lights and the connector is burned up a lot

#147 9 years ago

I got mine by accident. A guy I work with recently bought a house and the owner had a FT in his game room he wanted to sell. I had never played FT before and it wasn't even on my radar when I heard about it. The game had a ton of issues, but it had clean boards and no cabinet fade. The price was too good to pass on even if I didn't like it. So I picked it up and I'm really glad I did. I probably would've never known how much fun this pin is. I love pins that are simple and extremely difficult at the same time. It's definitely one of my favorites

1 week later
#166 9 years ago

I just realized the casters club drop target has a solenoid that pulls it back down. This whole time I have been hitting that target down before every lock in multiball.. I thought since its a drop target you would have to hit it for it to drop. My quest for SUPER JACKPOTS just got a ton easier.

Anyway, I thought I would share in case there are more FT owners out there with the same problem. It turns out the spring that returns the metal plate is too strong and jams the release mech into another plate. I replaced it with an old flipper return spring that I cut down for proper tension. My drop target works perfectly now. Up to the top!

#168 9 years ago

With lock difficulty on medium is the drop target supposed to only come up after multiball?

6 months later
#205 9 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had heard from CPR on the mini playfield? Looks like its almost done and ready for shipment, but I haven't heard anything. Just making sure I didn't miss the boat
Thanks
Chris

I haven't heard anything yet. I think they wait until they are rest to ship before they email people

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Hi,
Just joined the club and loving FT!!
Couple of questions for you guys who have owned this great game.
1) Long Cast shot, far right lane. Do you have to hit the ball up the lane so it shots back down the same lane and then over to the left spinner to advance the captive ball?
2) I have some lifting and cracking on my mylar, thinking of replacing it. Has anyone ever done this?
Thanks
Matt

1) the Long cast shot is the right orbit. It has to be lit to allow the ball to go around the orbit and advance the captive ball. You can do this by shooting it up the right and back down or by rolling the ball over the inlane on the left. The easiest way is to hit the right boat ramp so it comes down on the inlane and then shoot the right orbit.

2) I took some mylar off my getaway and it was much easier than people made it out to be. As long as the paint underneath isnt attached to the mylar at all it should come up fine. I used air in a can upside down to freeze the mylar and gently pull it off. Then a lot of goo gone to get rid of the excess glue.

3 months later
#357 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Anyone know where to get a replacement eye for the fish in the topper?

I believe the whole fish is available at marco.

9 months later
#695 7 years ago

When I take a back box completely off I use colored electrical tape to write where they go on the connectors.

Never use black. It has different adhesive that will leave a mess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
12,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=chubtoad13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.