IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arolden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#485 8 years ago

Hi all,

Can anyone let me know the part number for the wire gate in the Caster's Club? It's behind the drop target and just in front of the ball popper. I can't find an image of the assembly in the manual.

Thanks!

5 months later
#738 7 years ago
Quoted from gdogfunk:

Picture request! I need to double check the wiring of the drop target down coil, would someone be so kind as to snap a quick pic for me?
I hear it trying to do something in test mode, but it's not actuating the arm to knock the target down and when I watch it with the pf lifted, nothing is happening visually. No movement at all.
I checked the arm, and it felt like it was a tad hung up against the metal bracket assembly, but after bending it ever so slightly to clear the friction zone, it's still not actuating.
I'm wondering if the coil isn't wired backwards? Or maybe it's toast? Paper wrapper looks ok, but right above the coil terminals on the underside of the pf, there's what looks to be solder flux? or some other residue, which makes me think there may have been a repair mistake.
Thank you!

On both of the FTs I've owned, the arm was angled upwards and would get jammed on the metal bracket. I'd suspect this first.

IMG_3074_(resized).JPGIMG_3074_(resized).JPG

11 months later
#1140 6 years ago

Hi all,

A couple of questions about gameplay.

1. When in Rock the Boat, hits to the captive ball register 2 boat hits. Is this normal?

2. On a couple of occasions, while in Feeding Frenzy, shots to the eject hole have started Rock the Boat (it was lit, but not activate). Anyone else experience this?

Both of these issues suggest potential issues with the boat target, but it works perfectly in test and during all other gameplay.

Thanks.

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

1 is not normal. Sounds like a gap issue (and testing it with your finger isnt the same as testing it with a ball).
At first, I thought 2 was not normal. But when I got 4 tales told, it activated rock the boat as soon as I hit the video eject hole. So maybe you had 4 tales told, and just didnt hit the hole until you were in feeding frenzy?

Ok, I've done some more testing on this. The centre target does only activate once, but it plays two "hit" sounds from the speakers, which made me think it was registering twice. So is playing two sounds normal?

As for the other issue, yeah, looks like it was because I had a few tales told. Is this described in a rule list somewhere? First time I've seen you can activate Rock the Boat from anywhere other than the captive ball.

1 month later
#1192 6 years ago
Quoted from Vinosky:

Turned out to be flakey catapault switch. Swapped it out with trough switch and fixed the problem. Had to take microswitch apart and clean contacts. Thanks for the help guys! Game is playing 100%

Was just about to suggest replacing the switch.

The game is programmed to catapult the ball out after a few seconds if it gets no response from the switch. The switch just activates the catapult as soon as a ball hits it.

Games with a delay in the catapult are far easier to play. High scores on those games don't count!

9 months later
#1610 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Ok, guys here ya go, here is the URL for some sweet new Cards I just finished.
Cheers
Brady
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/87fcmai7vmbyzp9/AADuUOL77mRzZvfFdgq8Rc_ia?dl=00

Fantastic work! Thanks for these.

#1626 6 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Started my first ever teardown this afternoon. Mpu board was burned up under the u20 I. C. and into a couple of other chips, so i think I'll order a new mpu board, lookin forward to shopping this out...

U20 is socketed so I'm surprised it burned up. Normally the chip will fry but the socket stays intact. The damage look quite repairable - give it a go if you're handy with a soldering iron.

1 year later
#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

The rom file with the EXTRA BALL text adjusted is now on the ipdb.
It is PinMame Romset D6.
This file also has the led ghosting fix in place.

Excellent - thanks for this ROM. Is this a home only ROM or does it allow for coin play too?

1 month later
#2938 4 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

The line up[quoted image]

This is glorious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 169.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arolden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=arolden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.