IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider archieball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1816 5 years ago

Hi! I am very happy to have joined the Casters Club! I picked up a pretty beat up Fish Tales last week, and I started to work on it yesterday.

I have a stupid, yet big problem, and that is that the mechanism for raising the playfield is messed up somehow. I have no reference as to how it is supposed to work. First I couldn't raise the playfield at all, but after unscrewing the brackets and screwing them back on in the position that I thought they were supposed to be in, I can't get the playfield to go down! And now the ground braid is chewed off as well... damn.

A photo for comparison would really be appreciated!

IMG-5900 (1) (resized).JPGIMG-5900 (1) (resized).JPG
#1819 5 years ago

Thanks a lot, Soulrider911! Exactly the kind of info I was hoping for. This gives me hope and a good point of departure. It also appears that my slide rails are bent inwards. The ones in your picture are much more straight.

2 weeks later
#1861 5 years ago

Hi guys! Very happy to have joined the club! I am currently restoring a pretty dirty FT. The playfield is fine, except for in one spot where somebody has taken some sandpaper to it for some reason. Some of the art is gone, and I plan to repaint this area.

Can somebody here please take a good photo of said area, so that I can touch up the playfield as close to the original as possible? Thank you very much in advance!

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#1875 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Here:[quoted image]

Massive thanks, Plumonium ! Just what I needed!

2 months later
#2011 5 years ago

Hi guys! I am at the finishing stages of restoring a Fish Tales that has been sitting in storage for I don't know how many years. It has gone from being a rats nest of a sunfaded wreck to becoming a thing of beauty. Normally I would test it first, but it was in such a sorry state that I decided on addressing cabinet and playfield first before attempting to turn it on.

I was expecting problems, but this one I did not expect. No sound. I have confirmed that the sound pcb is working fine by swapping it into my BSD. I have vague speaker hum - but no bong and no sound. Volume adjustment does nothing. The game boots fine with no error messages. I have a new ribbon cable which runs from the PSU via the Fliptronics II. Any thoughts?

#2020 5 years ago

Hi again and thanks for the input. Turned out that the wire inside the speaker in the bottom of the cab had been torn off. Problem solved!

Quoted from Archieball:

Hi guys! I am at the finishing stages of restoring a Fish Tales that has been sitting in storage for I don't know how many years. It has gone from being a rats nest of a sunfaded wreck to becoming a thing of beauty. Normally I would test it first, but it was in such a sorry state that I decided on addressing cabinet and playfield first before attempting to turn it on.
I was expecting problems, but this one I did not expect. No sound. I have confirmed that the sound pcb is working fine by swapping it into my BSD. I have vague speaker hum - but no bong and no sound. Volume adjustment does nothing. The game boots fine with no error messages. I have a new ribbon cable which runs from the PSU via the Fliptronics II. Any thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider archieball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=archieball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.