IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aerobert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#500 8 years ago

I don't have the topper on mine, but isn't it just the two wires going from J121 (orange and orange/white). They run to a smaller connector.

2 weeks later
#532 8 years ago

That was really expensive imo. A FT in that condition goes for around 2k over here I would say. Playfield condition is always most valued, and this wasn't even very close to the wanted price. Plastics and cabinet details are cheap and easy to replace and should not be valued equally when considering the total price.

Yeah, the topper is included. It looks good, but the klackityklack could wake up Jimmy Hoffa.

2 weeks later
#571 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Fresh water fisherman hate jet ski's and speedboats raising hell while they are trying to get the fish to bite, and enjoy a cold beverage. I imagined torpedoing them before I ever saw that video mode. I guess that is a common fantasy.
A perfect 20 out of 20 will give you between 42 and 42.5 million points. (The boats are worth a bit more than the jet skis.) You can also set the video mode to award extra balls instead of the default setting of a free game. The setting change should be noted when comparing high scores.

The boats and skis further back give you more points as well.

1 week later
#589 8 years ago

Hi, I think the drop target on my casters club is acting up. When is it supposed to stay down or up? I have factory setting, i.e medium difficulty set. I seem to notice some inconsistent behavior.

First time I start the game, casters club is flashing and I can put three balls straight in there quickly (the target is down from start). The multiball begins and the target goes up again, which I think is normal(?). After lowering it, you put in another ball in casters club to go for jackpot. Collect the jackpot and if you drain all balls before collecting the second jackpot the target goes up again (casters club stops flashing) and you need to lower it and put another ball in to restart the multiball process. This is the whole normal process, yes?

Well, sometimes when I start a new game (not at first power up) the drop target seem to be up.

It's hard to tell and to explain, but it seems to be up at times when it shouldn't. It just feels wrong. Can someone help clear things up for me?

#597 8 years ago

Thanks a lot Neal_W. That did the trick, what a tough little spring though.

#598 8 years ago

Ok, so I've played a while after and the drop target down test (and up) works perfectly fine now. However, it can STILL be in up position after a game, especially if you managed to trigger the multiball at least once, maybe twice. I'm fairly convinced now that this is a software bug.

Anybody else notice more bugs? I think I see one at score calculation after a ball drained. Sometimes the amount of fish caught is lite up on the playfield (nothing else). And sometimes it seems tomdonthe summary twice where the score sound seem to go up in pitch.

#601 8 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I have been having the same issue. The drop target won't drop itself, it will only drop if hit. This is especially a problem when playing multi-player games as the target will often remain up when the next player starts. I took a look at the solenoid and the brass actuator that is attached had snapped off. There is a thin piece of metal that activates the drop target when the solenoid engages. I found a replacement on Marco, it's #01-8647-R. I hope that helps.

Thanks for that. The arm wasn't the issue, but the spring holding it was. I loosened it and it works fine. But the as I wrote in a post before, the target stays up sometimes anyway and I'm convinced this is a software bug.

1 week later
#605 8 years ago

I've seen everything from the original tiny button to square ones, and bigger round ones. Just use anything that doesn't look too strange to your taste. Don't sweat it too much.

1 week later
#627 8 years ago

The topper has a simple connector. Two orange wires running in the backbox.

1 week later
#640 8 years ago

Red looks nice!

3 weeks later
#658 8 years ago

Check the fishing reel. Check the launch handle, is it there? Those are hard parts to come by.
The rest on the PF is just plastic, screws, bolts and switches. Check the powerdrive board, does it have burnt connectors or bad pins? Battery leakage on the cpu board? Is the transformer and its cables in good condition?

1 month later
#716 7 years ago

Shouldn't be an issue really. Do you use bulbs or leds?
Are you sure your installation isn't shorting anything?

2 years later
#1941 5 years ago

Used to be a member but now I'm back digging in the tackle box.

Couldn't say no when I found a shopped out machine with pf protector for 2000 usd.

A0C19FDC-321A-4227-A022-46863A19DEDA.jpegA0C19FDC-321A-4227-A022-46863A19DEDA.jpeg
#1943 5 years ago

Thanks! I don't mind the fade. Albino edition is the best edition. Lol

There's already a complete led kit, both GI, pf and backbox. It even has some extra spotlights installed. You can make it out in the pic. Also new mechs, rubbers and star posts.

Some slight wear on the inlane drops and the usual around the fish/tackle box but it's barely visible and a non-issue with the protector. I'm super happy!

#1952 5 years ago

It looks brand new indeed. Wow! Congratulations

1 month later
#2013 5 years ago

Replace all ribbon cables. The thin wires in them dry up and crack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 26.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aerobert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=aerobert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.