IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jon9508.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2752 4 years ago

#2754 4 years ago

Anyone have a monster fish mod. Laying around?

1 week later
#2766 4 years ago

Where can I find the g-5 rom. Cant seem to find it with Google. I did find a link but it was no longer active.

#2768 4 years ago

Thank you. I was thinking it was the top one. But wasn't a 100% sure.

2 weeks later
#2814 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Does anyone have a BOM and/or other photos or info that might help me make my own MonsterfishMOD? I have the figurine but have no idea how it was modified or what parts are used to make it function. I know there’s a replacement light socket required (or custom fab?) that has tabs to allow for the eye lights to get connected on the circuit for the insert but what lights are used and how is it mounted etc?

I made one over the weekend. I used 2 Flickering 3mm LEDs. Drilled holes in his eyes and glued them in. I wired the to a comet matrix blub. Just plugged it in the socket behind the stand up targets on the left. You could hard wire it to the lamp board if you wanted it flash when monster fish insert is lit. I just went the easier way with Flickering leds.

#2820 4 years ago

I like that plug. That would work well.

I just got these off of Ebay. Already made up with resistors and all of that.

Screenshot_20200206-223244_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200206-223244_eBay (resized).jpg
#2823 4 years ago

I have a set of used plastics i am about to post. I am pretty sure that on e is in there. Its yellowed though. Most distributors haven't had any sets in for a while

2 months later
#3006 3 years ago

I got a problem that I cant seem to figure out.
My start button doesn't light up.

Here's what I have done to try and figure out the problem.

1. New bulb , and socket. Bulb tests good
2. Checked wire harness from coin interface board back to the board. Tests good.
3. Check harness from coin board to switch. Tests good.
4. Check the yellow wire(column wire )with the other wires in the colum. Tests good. ( also checked the red_grey wires ) tests good.
5. Check the plugs on the coin board to the diode on the board. Both plugs have continuity to the diode both ways.
6. Replaced the diode. Tested good but replaced anyways.

No other lights are out on the row or colum that the start button is on. I really don't know what to check next. Game is on freeplay. D-6 rom. Any ideas. Maybe I am missing something obvious.

Screenshot_20200425-195036_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200425-195036_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200425-195415_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200425-195415_Drive (resized).jpg
#3018 3 years ago

I did the comet fish tales kit. Came out great. He has it in YouTube to see what the kit looks like

2 weeks later
#3065 3 years ago

What's everyone doing to protect the middle boat plastic? (Captive ball)I have replaced it twice, bought the plastic protector that goes underneath. Still the corners tend to break off.

#3071 3 years ago

Where did you get the clear washers? Marcos?

#3081 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I know Titan has them in different sizes. They are not very thick but you could double up. I didn't know there was a plastic protector so used what I had. Who sales that?
I would use metal washers if broken plastics are that much of a problem. Be nice if Cliffy or someone made nice metal protector that fit in there nice. I would buy one.

Marco's. There was a set of 5 or 6. The most common broken plastics. I want to say slings, the boat, the 2 water pieces on both sides of the boat.

#3082 3 years ago
Quoted from ghetoprobe:

Anyone happen to have a new Fish Tales plastic set they'd be willing to sell? Or a lead on an available set would be appreciated. I've checked the major suppliers and haven't been able to find a set instock. Thanks!

I bought the last one from coin taker a few months back. It was missing 1 major pieces and a couple of clear pieces. Maybe they will rerun the again soon

1 month later
#3184 3 years ago

I am having a problem with my fish tales. Seems row 7 (control lights)(fish finder, long cast, port side, I and super jackpot) are lit when i start a game. They never go out even when I make the shot. I have check all of the diode and they are fine. Not sure what to check next. Any ideas. Maybe a board issue? Side note. When in attack mode they pulse and move around

2 weeks later
#3218 3 years ago

I got a weird problem going on with my fish tales. Seems like the some of the control lights are lit up when they arnt supposed to. When I go into light tests. I can select 1 and it will light up 3 light. As I move down the line sometimes 3 will light up together other times 2 will light at the same time. I have check diodes and they all seem to be fine.

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Any sign of battery leakage on the CPU board?
If you compare lamps that light together to the lamp matrix diagram, you may notice those are on the same row or column which might help diagnose.

Boards looks good. Remote battery pack was added a while back. I will do that tonight. Maybe I can find pattern

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

12,500 (OBO)
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jon9508.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=Jon9508 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.