IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
20240406_211505 (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3941 2 years ago

I picked up at Fish tales last week and I am having problems with the reel. When it spins the plate that holds the reel on touches the metal at times. It seems like it does not line up perfectly with the hole. This causes The reel to not always launch balls when it should when it goes into multi ball and the third ball does not launch and has to go to ball search. Any suggestions?

B8D97272-6815-4F2C-8B7E-8F73CF798700 (resized).jpegB8D97272-6815-4F2C-8B7E-8F73CF798700 (resized).jpeg

#3946 2 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Don has my old fish tales. When I first got it, the wheel went backwards. As advised by members here, I reversed the motor wires and it worked correctly ever since. Odd thing was that the motor wires did not look like they were ever disturbed before me.
I'm kinda wondering if for some reason now it's going the other way again, which would be the right way, had the wires not been reversed.

Joe sold me a decent fish tales for a fair price and he's a nice guy and reached out and tried to help. I was able to get the reel working properly. A combination of unsetting the screws a little, bending the plate and lubing the gears and it works great now. I had not realized he had modified it but what he did works and probably stronger than the original. I still have a problem though. Some times when the ball ends the game goes dark like it should before it gives bonus but a ball then launches in the shooter lane and continues the ball. This is long past ball save and happens about 1 out of 5 times. There does not appear to be a problem with any of the trough switches so any other suggestions on what to look for?

#3950 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Sure sounds like some kind of trough error. Sometimes when the micro switches get old they get stiff and the ball does not fully press them down or a loose solder joint will make an intermittent connection at a switch. I would sit in switch test mode with two balls in the drain and drain the third and keep watching for any switch not reacting the same every time.
Also bang your hand on the playfiled and see if any trough switch flickers in switch test mode.

All the switches were fine so I took off the apron to get a good look at them and after sending several balls from the outhole to the trough it finally kicked a ball straight through from the outhole to the ball shooter like it was firing too hard. It turns out it had a AE-23-800 coil instead of a AE-27-1200. Should I assume the AE-23-800 is stronger and is too strong?

1 week later
#3966 2 years ago

I still can't seem to get my reel working correctly. It will work fine in test mode for a while and then it sounds like its struggling and the motor will move slower. Nothing is impeding the wheel from spinning. If I remove the motor from the gear box the gear on the motor spins freely and the gears spin in the gear box. When playing a game it works properly at times but will then just spit out balls from the reel in the middle of a game. Any suggestions? Do you guys think I just need a new motor?

#3970 2 years ago

I hadn’t really considered that board, thinking it was some thing with the motor but upon further inspection I see the board had been worked on before so I’m thinking that probably is the cause.

#3998 2 years ago

I Purchased the fishing reel board and installed it today and I am still having the same issues. I got it from Marco and it does not look like the same board. They sold two different ones so I Purchased the one that looks like the one I had but it appears as though they sent me the other one that says EMI board without brake. Would this make a difference?

4E1DF247-B6B4-4903-927F-21AE93AD3ED3 (resized).jpeg4E1DF247-B6B4-4903-927F-21AE93AD3ED3 (resized).jpegA3B805EB-0C3B-43B2-AF92-69ECAE18F33A (resized).jpegA3B805EB-0C3B-43B2-AF92-69ECAE18F33A (resized).jpeg
#4000 2 years ago

They are not on the other side if you are talking about the copper coil things.

#4002 2 years ago

It also does not have the transistor. They had two of them on the Marco website so I Purchased the one that look like the one I have and they sent me the other one

13DD5ED9-31B2-446E-B223-E3E5D3F86AE3 (resized).jpeg13DD5ED9-31B2-446E-B223-E3E5D3F86AE3 (resized).jpeg
#4004 2 years ago

I had tried calling them a half hour ago but have not heard back yet. I think they had the 2 boards and the wrong picture with each and wrong description on one of them.

3 months later
#4340 2 years ago

When I power up my fish tales, at times it starts to boot and then shuts down and then boots up regular. Sometimes it starts to boot and shuts down up to 3 times before booting up like it should. Other than that it works fine except for an occasional reboot during a game. I have reseated all the connectors and ribbon cables and replaced the voltage regulator. Any other suggestions?

3 weeks later
#4421 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Having a problem with the ball lock. The ball makes it to the reel, the reel spins and drops the ball, but then the ball is ejected back into play with no lock being registered. I assume that this is a problem that others have encountered. Before I start disassembling, any tips on where to start? I'm not sure whether it's an opto or other type of switch that registers the lock and how hard it is to get to.

I bet its the opto, loose wire or maybe the opto is dirty or bad. It's easy to get to.

#4463 2 years ago

I had all kinds of problems with my reel and although there was multiple contributors the main culprit was the board underneath the playfield that powers the reel. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15340-1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.00
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=Don44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.