IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CFoote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#203 9 years ago

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had heard from CPR on the mini playfield? Looks like its almost done and ready for shipment, but I haven't heard anything. Just making sure I didn't miss the boat

Thanks

Chris

5 months later
#391 8 years ago

Anxious to get further info from CPR on the playfields. Like many I've been on the waiting list for 2+ years.

If anyone receives any emails from CPR please post here, I always worry I will miss their messages or have their email wind up in SPAM.

Anyone found a source for plastic sets? Would be nice if they did a run on those too.

Chris

2 months later
#453 8 years ago

Looks like the run of playfields from CPR is getting closer. Has anyone on the waiting list received any communication yet?

Don't want to miss that email after this long wait

Chris

#456 8 years ago

Thanks for confirming no email yet from CPR...we'll sit tight.

Chris

3 months later
#607 8 years ago

For those of you on the CPR wait list for Fish Tales playfields....its in clearcoat now, I would expect we will be receiving emails soon. Good stuff!

Now if we could get them to repro the plastics set....

Chris

#615 8 years ago

Great timing on the plastics set! Thanks everyone for posting links. I hope everyone is ready for a playfield swap. I probably won't tackle mine until vacation in the summer.

Chris

4 weeks later
#650 8 years ago

Me too catboxer, I purchased the boat awhile back. Honestly, I'm just thankful to get this playfield, the guys replied to my initial email dated January 2013!

Now I just need some time to work on this project - that is always a challenge these days.

Chris

#670 8 years ago

Playfield arrived today. Looks gorgeous. Will probably sit a few months until vacation. Depth and gloss of clearcoat is very nice.

I am sure others will examine more closely, I only gave it a two minute look and put it back in the box. Curious what others think, I know CPR doesn't put out junk so I didn't bother going too crazy checking it out.

Chris

#673 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Still waiting to "get the call" on my payment to CPR.
Since I didn't order until 11/24/14, I'm guessing it will be a while before I hear from CPR

I am sure it will be soon, and I am sure they made extras, Fish Tales had a good production run.

I can't believe how long ago I put my name in on the waiting list. I have to say, CPR came through.

Chris

#676 8 years ago

Thanks, that's a good idea fiberdude, I'll let it cure for a monrh or two. Catboxer, sorry to hear about the scratch, for the money they should be nearly flawless, email them and get it swapped.

2 months later
#739 7 years ago

Anyone start installing their new CPR playfield yet? Should be a fun project, go slow and label everything.

Chris

1 year later
#1365 6 years ago

Hi All,

I am just starting the journey of installing my CPR playfield (yes I'm way late to the game, bought it eons ago) into my Fish Tales. Playfield looks good, and I'm thankful they created a repro for FT as its a great game.

It's been ~15 years since I did my last playfield swap, but I'm slowly but surely making my way through it.

I wanted to know if anyone had any tips/gotchas on the swap for Fish Tales with the CPR playfields. So far everything I have seen looks good/lines up, but I know nothing is perfect.

Any advice/tips for the FT swap would be appreciated! I am nervous messing with 25 year old wiring but I'll get through it.

Chris

#1367 6 years ago

Thank you, that's a bummer to hear about the clearcoat. I know some complained about the inserts, mine seem OK fortunately.

I guess I will start with a very small drill bit and work my way up in size for the top side of the playfield pieces.

Did you find the dimples on the back OK/decent with regards to placement?

#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

northerndude it’s not that bad. Use a heat gun and a chisel to clean off the old decals. If you don’t plan on filling any holes with wood filler, you will need to be more careful with the chisel.
Then use good off or a adhesive remover and a scraper. Then I would sand at least once, and paint the edges, no need to paint the whole sides
As th edges are all that matter.
Installing just be very careful with the razor, I change the blade after almost every side cut, and I cut in about 1/8 ... some do 1/16 some do more / less. This is so thfun edges won’t peel

Looks awesome! I wish I had the time to dedicate to a project like that. I barely have time to swap the playfield.

Chris

#1389 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

skypilot totally agree with you. I am in the process of doing a swap myself, and the clear coat honestly is kinda a joke... super thin, uneven in many places, and yes... predrilling all day long. I have been using a combination of a drill, and a dremmell with small grinding bits, as they will not "fray" or splinter the clear... as its damn fragile from what i can tell.

Great idea on the dremel and bits - I am not looking forward to tackling the top with the clearcoat being so fragile!

1 month later
#1500 6 years ago

P-4 was most likely a prototype ROM hence the potential for the reboots...or bad chip....whatever it was, I am glad its fixed for you!

1 week later
#1515 6 years ago

Does anyone have a new or used Reel part - 03-8612 that they would be willing to sell. If you have ever taken the reel assembly apart, there are 3 studs that go into the pulley which in turn the belt drives. My reel is missing one of the studs. I think it will work OK, but I fear another will break off.

Chris

20180218_171006 (Small) (resized).jpg20180218_171006 (Small) (resized).jpg

#1517 6 years ago

Thanks, I am glad I wasn't the only one!

3 weeks later
#1538 6 years ago

Does anyone know of a source to get good quality set of slingshots with proper colors? The ones I purchased from CPR (plastics set) - the blue is way lighter than it should be.

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
12,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CFoote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=CFoote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.