IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewNinja.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1108 7 years ago

Joined the club last week! Been looking for one in decent condition for a while. Playfield on mine is in really good shape. Only issue is that the paint has separated between the insert and playfield. No actual wear though. Hopefully I will be able to fix it up pretty easily once my queue of fixing machines is lower

Id also be interested in the EL wire mod for the fish line. More importantly, how you got a slip ring to work in that small amount of space to power the wire.

1 week later
#1110 7 years ago

What are people using for LED's in the the backboard LIE lights? I have tried a few, but not really liking how you can see the bulbs. I dont have a ton of different wedge based bulbs to try things with though.

Still waiting on the El Wire details minnesota13

3 weeks later
#1129 6 years ago

My advice is to just buy all the bulbs you need separate from Comet or another vendor. Not only is it cheaper, you will end up with what you like, not what someone else thinks looks good. In the GI, I used the 4 smd bulbs with great results. There are no places where the bulbs hit your eyes, so that works. I think in like 4 spots I used 2smd frosted bulbs, the 2 in the boat, 1 behind the free ball, and the 1 in the casters club. Inserts I just matched colors.

1 week later
#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi all,
A couple of questions about gameplay.
1. When in Rock the Boat, hits to the captive ball register 2 boat hits. Is this normal?
2. On a couple of occasions, while in Feeding Frenzy, shots to the eject hole have started Rock the Boat (it was lit, but not activate). Anyone else experience this?
Both of these issues suggest potential issues with the boat target, but it works perfectly in test and during all other gameplay.
Thanks.

1 is not normal. Sounds like a gap issue (and testing it with your finger isnt the same as testing it with a ball).

At first, I thought 2 was not normal. But when I got 4 tales told, it activated rock the boat as soon as I hit the video eject hole. So maybe you had 4 tales told, and just didnt hit the hole until you were in feeding frenzy?

11 months later
#1619 6 years ago

I bought mine from bay area amusements a few months ago, its the correct one in case someone wants a correct one.

#1632 6 years ago

I always color match inserts. It makes them more vivid and can help erase some of the fade that comes with age. For the GI, I have pretty much moved away from the twin smd frosteds to 4 led no dome versions unless its in eye line, in which case I use the twin smd frosted. I used the natural white on my FT. Comet has the best led's in my opinion.

#1635 6 years ago

Wow, thats a crazy good deal these days! Congrats!

#1646 6 years ago

On the white wire. He has it drawn in the pic along with the direction

#1653 6 years ago

Extra year to cure means nothing if there are insert problems...lol. The one I bought the inserts are proud of the surface (thankfully it wasn't one of the ones with problems of it being below the surface). As soon as it gets warm enough, I need to level and shoot it with 2pac to fix it.

2 months later
#1787 5 years ago

Im not a fan of the LED versions. Dont get me wrong, they are great, but the LCD version is just better. You can do more with it. My buddy bought an LED version then ended up selling it for the LCD version.

1 month later
#1853 5 years ago

CPR should be remaking them again once they get that far in their new process. Also, I thought Mirco was going to be making FT playfields also at some point.

7 months later
2 weeks later
#2351 5 years ago

These guys have it in stock. Ordered from them a bunch, they are good. http://actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=A-12687

#2353 5 years ago

The one I linked should be the whole assembly, but the same switch according to the manual. You are right though, its missing the offset. So in that case, buy yourself a new cherry switch and swap the actuator over since that doesnt seem to be in stock anywhere. Bryan sells those switches

2 months later
#2420 4 years ago

Saw that CPR is making mirrored backglasses and they are coming soon: https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/fishtales-2/

Sounds awesome, but Id like to see one in person first.

1 year later
#3681 3 years ago

I also have that issue. I have adjusted the actuator as low as it will go, but it still gets stuck once in a while. If someone finds a good solution, it would be good to hear it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewNinja.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=BrewNinja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.