IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 2puppinz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

After a little work and a new CPU board, my Fish Tales is up and running. I tried to swap out the colorDMD from my Roadshow to Fish Tales but when it is all set up, the colorDMD only shows one color (yellow). I looked into the firmware in settings, and it is still showing the Roadshow firmware and I believe this is why it is only showing yellow.
I went through the process to load the Fish Tales firmware but can not get it to take place of the current Roadshow firmware. What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do in order to remove the Roadshow firmware and get the Fish Tales firmware loaded correctly?

Make sure that the name on the file you save to the usb stick is just “chroma” no numbers. It might not be reading the new file if it has a number.

#2371 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

So I decided to start from the beginning with the ColorDMD display. I hooked everything up, followed directions, used a brand new 2GB USB stick, and when i turn the machine on, the display stays blanks. The DONE light remains on and all other lights (PROG and INIT) remain off. Not sure what I am doing wrong and read the "Trouble Shooting" on ColorDMD.com.
If i go into the menu and the ColorDMD info screen, the Roadshow Rom still shows (RS.3.2). Any other suggestions on how to fix this and get it working properly?

Is it an LCD or LED? Not sure if it makes a difference, but maybe you downloaded the wrong version by mistake.

1 month later
#2409 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can someone be so kind as to take a photo of j116 on their driver board including the color of the wires from left to right and placement of polarizing pins.

5DE81AEF-17E4-4415-B1AE-473BEBE8752E (resized).png5DE81AEF-17E4-4415-B1AE-473BEBE8752E (resized).png
1 month later
#2478 4 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

When I installed new flipper return frames I noticed that some of the spacers where getting old and brittle. I’m planning to replace them so I measured them to 13-14 mm. The Internet helps me when everything in a pinball machine is measured in inches (why oh why don’t usa convert to the metric system). The spacer I need is 0.541 inches or something like that. But now I have to choose between #6 or #8. What on earth does that mean?
Does anyone know wich spacer it is in the return frame. There is 9 on each side. Please help a poor swede.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8022-1

These #6 are 0.541 inches...and because the US is stubborn and think they can do fractions, which 5 out of 4 people can’t

#2480 4 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

That is the one I’m almost sure I should get. And I can get it at home. They are about a dollar each and maybe 6 dollars in shipping. I don’t go bankrupt if it goes wrong but it is a bummer. Are you sure?

For sure don’t go broke getting those. I’m sure you could find a suitable replacement, maybe even some tubing from a plumbing supply store and cut to length. The screws that go through all the pieces hold it together.

#2482 4 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

And by the way. I love fractions. It’s genious. But with the metric system it all connects. 1 meter is 10 decimeter and 100 centimeters. 1 dm x 1 dm x 1 dm (a cube) is 1 liter. 1 liter of water is 1 kilo gram wich is 1000 grams... and so on. It’s understandable.

I’m with you 100%! I teach science and it’s all we use. I ask my students all the time who knows how many inches in a mile...crickets. Then I show them in about 2 seconds I can convert km to mm. Fractions have there place and I love them too, but we like to make things challenging. Forget about me giving people lessons at the local store on ounces, cups, pints, quarts and gallons lol.

#2485 4 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

Please. No jokes in a language I can hardly speak.
Are they the right ones or not?

Ok! Yes these are the ones you described and I just checked my game, #6 is correct

3 weeks later
#2532 4 years ago
1 month later
#2561 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Haven't been playing much pinball in a while. Went downstairs to get a game or two in. I can tell how rusty I am, had two trash balls to start a game of FT. I'm on ball 3, going for some boat shots to try to start something, I get a Feeding Frenzy, so I nail a couple, on my right side boat shot I start a Monster Fish, I nail the spinner to get that, so I get that, and I get video mode - then I nail my 3rd ball into Casters Club, start up Multi-ball, all at the same freakin' time. It was mayhem, super fun.

You found a honey hole! . When it rains it pours with FT

1 week later
#2572 4 years ago

I like the blue! Looks great!

1 week later
#2593 4 years ago

27 yrs old and still living in the basement, sounds about right . Awesome cake too!

3 weeks later
#2699 4 years ago

That’s great! May look into a shaker for another game, but my “floppy fish” shakes my FT plenty. Good luck to pinshakers!

2 months later
#2838 4 years ago

The game will tell you what the error is when you open the door and enter the service menu. Could be anything from set the clock, to a switch error, to a ball missing..you won’t know until you enter.

#2843 4 years ago

Yup

1 week later
#2901 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I would actually like the light on all the time . If you or anyone else can show us how to wire it , it would be really appreciated . I think this is one of the best mods you can do for fish tails and I think a lot of other people like me who don't know anything about wiring or electronics would like to know how to do it as well .
Great to hear you got your game up and running , mirror blades look really good on this machine .

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1233-arcade-upkeep/03119-power-supply-kit-for-mods

I’m interested in this as well. Was wondering if the kit linked above might make it a bit easier and less taxing on the powerboard. Once the lugs on the switch are identified you could wire up a connector to this kit possibly.

#2904 4 years ago

True. I have a few mods and this might make it easier to find/tap into 12V source though.

#2906 4 years ago

Good to know, thanks! Was concerned, since I wasn't sure what the 12V ran and have resets on other games with too many mods.

1 week later
#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

I added the dirty harry door decal to the casters club drop target. Looks like it was made to be there.[quoted image]

You feel lucky punk? Master Tropical fishing!

#2937 4 years ago

Yes...yes I do feel lucky. There it goes!

1 year later
#3726 2 years ago

Could the coindoor switch be flakey?

9 months later
#4433 2 years ago

This is exactly why it’s worth reading Pinside! I had no idea that the ROM installed mattered. Thanks for the info!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 2puppinz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=2puppinz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.