IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 113.
#4901 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Those lamps are all in the same column in the lamp matrix so they have the "yellow with black dots" wire in common which goes to a few other lamps as well. Somewhere that wire is loose before it gets to those 3 lamps. Also, if they share a lamp board, make sure the connector for the board has no cold solder joints where it attaches to the board.

Thanks Neal_W! I'll check into those ideas.

#4902 1 year ago

I really like the result
Installation was super easy using the wet method while the machine was on attract mode.
I totally recommend these decals from the pinball center in Germany!

20221001_202111-COLLAGE (resized).jpg20221001_202111-COLLAGE (resized).jpgIMG_20221001_172907 (resized).jpgIMG_20221001_172907 (resized).jpg
#4903 1 year ago
Quoted from mcalon:

I totally recommend these decals from the pinball center in Germany!

If only they would ship their shit to the US!

#4904 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

If only they would ship their shit to the US!

‘Shit’ could be right as their stuff is hit and miss and I know from experience along with others, I would only use them as a last resort.

Those decals look ok.

#4905 1 year ago

How did you prepare the playfield prior to application of the decal? Did you clean the inserts or did you just glue over the paint?

#4906 1 year ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

How did you prepare the playfield prior to application of the decal? Did you clean the inserts or did you just glue over the paint?

Im a noob at restoration (don't mind any repairs). So I got 2 sets. For this one, the first, I only sprayed windex and placed it until found the best position. Hopefully i can find the time to take more care for the playfield.

3 weeks later
#4907 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

‘Shit’ could be right as their stuff is hit and miss and I know from experience along with others, I would only use them as a last resort.
Those decals look ok.

Agree . Last resort for plastics etc . Had some terrible stuff from them in the past . The worst being a T2 skull with detailing done by a 6 year old with a sharpie

#4908 1 year ago

I reeled in a big one today!
I think I did just about every mode at least a couple of times - super jackpots were up to 300 million by the end

PXL_20221030_154722011 (resized).jpgPXL_20221030_154722011 (resized).jpg
#4909 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I think I did just about every mode at least a couple of times - super jackpots were up to 300 million by the end [quoted image]

Wow, that’s a whale of a score! Nice job.
I had a moment of sheer terror today. We had an upstairs bath leak water down into the basement ceiling. I have 13 pins downstairs. My restored FT was the game positioned under the leak. Not a huge leak, just a trickle, but enough to start dripping all over the invisiglass. I discovered it only hours later, when I noticed water drops on the glass, and one leg had water around it. See pic below. The water was minimal, pooling in a slider. Luckily, Fish Tales has noise-reducing felt tape on the edges of the glass. The water rolled down the glass and had just enough left/right tilt to dribble down the leg. No water in the cab. No water on the playfield. Only one damp powder coated leg, and some water stains on the glass. I can’t believe how lucky I was!

9120D1B7-B130-4CB7-B89C-EFAA11952B6D (resized).jpeg9120D1B7-B130-4CB7-B89C-EFAA11952B6D (resized).jpeg378E5C3A-2FB3-42A5-9388-3104E723CC09 (resized).jpeg378E5C3A-2FB3-42A5-9388-3104E723CC09 (resized).jpegBD537F7F-B978-4138-B9D6-8B986F437A74 (resized).jpegBD537F7F-B978-4138-B9D6-8B986F437A74 (resized).jpeg

#4910 1 year ago

That is a beautiful Fish Tales! Glad it wasn’t damaged.

#4911 1 year ago
Quoted from MMGB:

That is a beautiful Fish Tales! Glad it wasn’t damaged.

Thanks! Yes, I was really fortunate there.

#4912 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I had a moment of sheer terror today. We had an upstairs bath leak water down into the basement ceiling. I have 13 pins downstairs. My restored FT was the game positioned under the leak. Not a huge leak, just a trickle, but enough to start dripping all over the invisiglass. I discovered it only hours later, when I noticed water drops on the glass, and one leg had water around it. See pic below. The water was minimal, pooling in a slider. Luckily, Fish Tales has noise-reducing felt tape on the edges of the glass. The water rolled down the glass and had just enough left/right tilt to dribble down the leg. No water in the cab. No water on the playfield. Only one damp powder coated leg, and some water stains on the glass. I can’t believe how lucky I was!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a very realistic fish tales, it even uses real water

#4913 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I think I did just about every mode at least a couple of times - super jackpots were up to 300 million by the end [quoted image]

Awesome job ! I'm still trying to get to 2 billion .
My wife had a friend over and they were playing GNR , after awhile she asked if she could play Fish Tales , brought a tear to my eye

IMG20221029042450 (resized).jpgIMG20221029042450 (resized).jpg
#4914 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My restored FT was the game positioned under the leak.

I should move around my pins so my faves are not under the kitchen plumbing.

#4915 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Or below the toilet.

#4916 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Or put a drip pan under the piping with a overflow away from the pins. (Tell tale)

#4917 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yep, another collector friend of mine had a plumbing leak once. He is careful about his pin placement now. It was only a slow drip, mostly on the glass and luckily my game was tilted slightly right, enough it traveled the glass channel and never entered the cab or pf. So lucky! That felt edge on the glass really saved me too.

C40FE64F-76FE-42AA-90BE-A508B5F6A8E9 (resized).jpegC40FE64F-76FE-42AA-90BE-A508B5F6A8E9 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4918 1 year ago

Hey all.

Anyone that replaced the plastic ramp might be able to help me.

There are rivets that will need to be replaced for the switch on each sides.

What tool did you use to remove those rivets?

And what tool did you use to re rivet the new ramp to that switch?

Thanks.

#4919 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Hey all.
Thanks.

The new ramp comes with the switch brackets already installed.

#4920 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The new ramp comes with the switch brackets already installed.

I guess the one I was provided did not.

Below is the old one installed and the new one not installed.

20221120_111451 (resized).jpg20221120_111451 (resized).jpg20221120_111520 (resized).jpg20221120_111520 (resized).jpg
#4921 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

I guess the one I was provided did not.
Below is the old one installed and the new one not installed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Fish-Tales-Ramp

#4922 1 year ago

I get that, just showing what I have. Mine does not, so I have to find a way.

#4923 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Hey all.
Thanks.

Use a drill to remove the old rivets. If you don't care about the old ramp then just go ahead and drill. Otherwise be a bit careful not to crack/damage the old ramp.

To rivet the new ramp either buy a proper rivet press (a bit overkill if this is the only riveting you are going to do in the near future) or a hand rollover punch tool. The second one is enough for this job.

#4924 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Use a drill to remove the old rivets. If you don't care about the old ramp then just go ahead and drill. Otherwise be a bit careful not to crack/damage the old ramp.
To rivet the new ramp either buy a proper rivet press (a bit overkill if this is the only riveting you are going to do in the near future) or a hand rollover punch tool. The second one is enough for this job.

Thanks @lhyrgoif. I was thinking on buy those in the pictures for removal and re riveting. Should that do the trick?

Screenshot_20221120-124946_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221120-124946_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#4925 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Thanks Lhyrgoif. I was thinking on buy those in the pictures for removal and re riveting. Should that do the trick?
[quoted image]

The Dremel will work fine for grinding off the backside of the rivet but those are the wrong rivets. You want these.

https://www.pinballlife.com/semi-tubular-rivet.html

Not sure of the length.

#4926 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The Dremel will work fine for grinding off the backside of the rivet but those are the wrong rivets. You want these.
https://www.pinballlife.com/semi-tubular-rivet.html
Not sure of the length.

Thanks!

I'll see if I can get this tool instead ( http://www.pintonka.com/) with the rivet needed from Pbl.

#4927 1 year ago

I've just noticed two things with my Fish Tales and Im wondering if it's normal or if I should maybe look into it a bit further.

When I go into the Adjustments menu, or exit the Adjustments menu, the catapult in the reel area fires.

When I Tilt the game, the Plunger Coil activates.

#4928 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I've just noticed two things with my Fish Tales

When you see weird or random behavior, in WPC pins like fish tales, reseat the ribbon cables in the backbox and see if it improves.

#4929 1 year ago

Looks like I am joining the club… the baby came home last Sunday. And yes it has the old F114 F115 Fuses issue. I will be diagnosing shortly..

474B8668-C6C0-486C-B5D4-CD4D989EC690 (resized).jpeg474B8668-C6C0-486C-B5D4-CD4D989EC690 (resized).jpeg
#4931 1 year ago

Pinball life has a lot of coin door parts and complete WPC coin doors for $199.

https://www.pinballlife.com/coin-doors-and-parts.html

#4933 1 year ago

Those can be harder to find. I was trying to find one for my Bad Cats restoration. I saw one or two used ones on EBay. In the end, mine was repainted and salvaged.

#4934 1 year ago

Going to LED the playfield and backbox so anyone have a definitive list of what to buy and placement? Just trying to push off an order and get stuck in to this. so excited.

#4935 1 year ago
Quoted from cyberfez:

Going to LED the playfield and backbox so anyone have a definitive list of what to buy and placement? Just trying to push off an order and get stuck in to this. so excited.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs

Just buy these in wedge and bayonet style, sunlight with frosted lens. Use them everywhere.

Keep your flashers as incandescent so you're not blinded.

#4936 1 year ago

My ColorDMD will be delivered today and art blades next week.
Pimping my game out. I have some cool ideas I will post pics after I am done.
Here is what I did with the topper. What's a fish with no weeds. LOL

IMG_6542 (resized).JPGIMG_6542 (resized).JPGIMG_6488 (resized).JPGIMG_6488 (resized).JPGIMG_6493 (resized).jpgIMG_6493 (resized).jpgIMG_6494 (resized).jpgIMG_6494 (resized).jpgIMG_6543 (resized).jpgIMG_6543 (resized).jpg
#4937 1 year ago

Does anyone have scans of these cards? or know where to buy them?

IMG_6537 (resized).JPGIMG_6537 (resized).JPGIMG_6538 (resized).JPGIMG_6538 (resized).JPG
#4938 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

What's a fish with no weeds. LOL
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What’s a fisherman without weed

#4939 1 year ago

My Fish Tales:
Topper upgrade done.
Keychain upgrade done.
ColorDMD will be delivered today.
Art Blades will be delivered this weekend.
Cool toy ideas on order. Will share when done.

IMG_6542 (resized).JPGIMG_6542 (resized).JPGIMG_6493 (resized).jpgIMG_6493 (resized).jpgIMG_6488 (resized).JPGIMG_6488 (resized).JPGIMG_6543 (resized).jpgIMG_6543 (resized).jpg
#4940 1 year ago

Question- when you hit the drop target for Caster's Club is there supposed to be a callout? I checked the switch for the drop target and it's working fine but I just got the game and I'm surprised there's no callout when you hit the target. How are you supposed to know you hit it when you can't see it?

Also- when set to easy drop target difficulty, is it supposed to pop up during at the start of multiball so you need to hit it once to open the lock and light the jackpot? MB on this game is already pretty hard I was hoping there was a way to disable the extra shot required to open the lock to light the jackpot

#4941 1 year ago
Quoted from data_eastside:

Question- when you hit the drop target for Caster's Club is there supposed to be a callout? I checked the switch for the drop target and it's working fine but I just got the game and I'm surprised there's no callout when you hit the target. How are you supposed to know you hit it when you can't see it?
Also- when set to easy drop target difficulty, is it supposed to pop up during at the start of multiball so you need to hit it once to open the lock and light the jackpot? MB on this game is already pretty hard I was hoping there was a way to disable the extra shot required to open the lock to light the jackpot

I could be wrong, anyone feel free to correct me. But, on default settings, the drop target will be down at the start of a fresh game. Next, start multiball. Once multiball ends (if and only if you collected at least one jackpot), the drop target will pop up. Then, when you hit it, the game says something like " join the fishing tournament" or "the tournament is open". I forget exactly. But it stays down until you start another multiball and collect another jackpot. That's on default settings. Could be totally different on easy or hard.

#4942 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I could be wrong, anyone feel free to correct me. But, on default settings, the drop target will be down at the start of a fresh game. Next, start multiball. Once multiball ends (if and only if you collected at least one jackpot), the drop target will pop up. Then, when you hit it, the game says something like " join the fishing tournament" or "the tournament is open". I forget exactly. But it stays down until you start another multiball and collect another jackpot. That's on default settings. Could be totally different on easy or hard.

I figured it was supposed to have a callout when you hit it because when I played the virtual table it has a callout. Kind of a bizarre thing to have the switch that is controlled by the drop target working correctly but have no callout. Any body have any ideas on what could cause that?

#4943 1 year ago

Also the green "Lock 1" insert will blink after you knock down the drop target.

If there is a question about the switches, start with the switch tests in the diagnostics.

Since you just got it, check each switch to get familiar with what they are called and flip through the other diagnostic tests to become familiar with what is there.

#4944 1 year ago
Quoted from data_eastside:

when you hit the drop target for Caster's Club is there supposed to be a callout?

Yep, it says “fishing tournament today” or something like that.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I could be wrong, anyone feel free to correct me. But, on default settings, the drop target will be down at the start of a fresh game.

I think it’s adjustable in settings. It can be up at the start of each game, mine is. I think that’s moderate or hard. Easy is either always down, or only up the second round of locks.

#4945 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

What’s a fisherman without weed

I agree, I added some weeds to mine. And, don’t ever forget the beer!

32F7B064-2944-49ED-8B81-37B86CE42CC0 (resized).jpeg32F7B064-2944-49ED-8B81-37B86CE42CC0 (resized).jpeg7E93C3EB-E7B2-42AA-9500-AF15B276166D (resized).jpeg7E93C3EB-E7B2-42AA-9500-AF15B276166D (resized).jpeg
#4946 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Does anyone have scans of these cards? or know where to buy them?
[quoted image][quoted image]

You’ve prob seen these? I really like them. Another good option.

BF0F1649-727B-4CD3-96A2-5B400FEE0643 (resized).jpegBF0F1649-727B-4CD3-96A2-5B400FEE0643 (resized).jpeg
#4947 1 year ago

More upgrades added today.

IMG_6554 (resized).JPGIMG_6554 (resized).JPGIMG_6555 (resized).JPGIMG_6555 (resized).JPGIMG_6557 (resized).JPGIMG_6557 (resized).JPG
#4948 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Love it, especially the old truck and boat trailer. I found a similar one I just ordered. Thanks for the idea!

2847352D-2C20-491B-964A-8137968212EA (resized).png2847352D-2C20-491B-964A-8137968212EA (resized).png
#4949 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

or only up the second round of locks.

*up on the second round of locks if you collected at least 1 jackpot previously.

#4950 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I'm not usually one for plastic stuff added around the playfield ....but I'll let those beers pass

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 169.00
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.