IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 112.
#4501 2 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

Does the caster club have that metal "W" shaped wire preventing the ball from kicking out of the casters club? If it's missing then it's needed . If it's there, it needs adjusting so that after the ball bounces off the back of the casters club, the wire forces the ball to fall back in the vuk.
The drop target will only block the entrance when you've locked 2 balls for a double jackpot, making sure you won't lock the 3rd one. And then once you've collected the jackpot, it will close then and force you to hit it once (if difficulty is set to normal) or twice (if set to hard) before it drops down and allows you to lock more balls..

Not necessarily. Mine is set to difficult and it starts out in the up position at the start of a game, staying down to allow a ball to be locked.

#4502 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Not necessarily. Mine is set to difficult and it starts out in the up position at the start of a game, staying down to allow a ball to be locked.

OK, I wasnt aware difficult would start the game with it closed. Must it be hit twice then as well? Or only after a jackpot?

Here's the w wire I'm talking about.

Screenshot_20220319-103017_X-plore.jpgScreenshot_20220319-103017_X-plore.jpg
#4503 2 years ago

For your sound cutting out.. It could be a number of things, but if your boards have been recapped already, it's possible the defective part is the digital potentiometer that the game uses to change sound volume. If I remember correctly it's an 8 pin chip. It's possible to test that chip to verify its output driving the amp. I'm pretty sure I've talked about it in this very thread a while back. I changed that said chip on my sound board because I had a similar issue. I seem to recall it was acting the opposite way though, the sound blasting super loud sometimes. I'll dig the thread and see if I find something.

#4505 2 years ago

I got 44 million by avoiding the jet skis in video mode but I think I hit 1 , and you get 42 million if you hit every jet ski and water skier as they come .
I think I've got 45 million before but I'm not 100% certain , I should know because I've had this game for over 20 years , but can anyone confirm .

#4506 2 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

OK, I wasnt aware difficult would start the game with it closed. Must it be hit twice then as well? Or only after a jackpot?
[quoted image]

I think mine is missing

Do you have the part number? Is there any additional parts i need to purchase to hold it ?

#4507 2 years ago

Nevermind, gate is there and drop target works too

Now to the sound issue

#4508 2 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

Does the caster club have that metal "W" shaped wire preventing the ball from kicking out of the casters club?

Yes there is a one way gate inside the casters club. The ball normally never bounces out. Sometimes the gate get stuck in the up position so take a look.

#4509 2 years ago

Long shot request here... Does anyone have the cabinet decal for just the coin door panel for sale or know where I can find one? I don't need the cab sides or back box decals.

#4510 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Long shot request here... Does anyone have the cabinet decal for just the coin door panel for sale or know where I can find one? I don't need the cab sides or back box decals.

Ministry has it, I ordered one about a month ago.

#4511 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Ministry has it, I ordered one about a month ago.

Thank you for the info.

#4512 2 years ago

A couple of solutions for a slow roller getting stuck on the upper right loop wire actuator.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-ball-stuck-at-top-of-right-loop

#4513 2 years ago

Must-have mods for someone entering the club? Picking up a Fish Tales with Color DMD next week!

Planning on changing pop bumper caps to blue and rollovers to green, but curious what else are top on people's lists.

#4514 2 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

A couple of solutions for a slow roller getting stuck on the upper right loop wire actuator.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-ball-stuck-at-top-of-right-loop

Post #9 is the only solution you need, fuq'n brilliant!!

#4515 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Must-have mods for someone entering the club? Picking up a Fish Tales with Color DMD next week!
Planning on changing pop bumper caps to blue and rollovers to green, but curious what else are top on people's lists.

I really like a color DMD; Tilt Graphics art blades; monster fish with LED eyes (if they are still avail); and I added a Van de Kamp’s fish truck (gotta have a distributor on hand for all the fish you will catch) and beer cooler, for obvious reasons. That’s just what I like tho! Have fun!

00B86794-B68D-48DB-BE82-2283F7CAE5DE (resized).png00B86794-B68D-48DB-BE82-2283F7CAE5DE (resized).png65958CBF-C433-42FE-BEA7-FF62F056EBA6 (resized).jpeg65958CBF-C433-42FE-BEA7-FF62F056EBA6 (resized).jpeg

265D8610-90BA-4E76-B85C-A8678970B166 (resized).png265D8610-90BA-4E76-B85C-A8678970B166 (resized).png
#4516 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Post #9 is the only solution you need, fuq'n brilliant!!

Fish tank trees??

#4517 2 years ago

My FT has started to only release 2 balls during multiball. Keeps the third ball in the reel until both balls in play are lost, then does a ball search and ejects the last ball. Ran a reel opto test but not sure exactly how it is supposed to read with the open/closed. Says no errors during the test. Does this sound like an opto problem?

#4518 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I really like a color DMD; Tilt Graphics art blades; monster fish with LED eyes (if they are still avail); and I added a Van de Kamp’s fish truck (gotta have a distributor on hand for all the fish you will catch) and beer cooler, for obvious reasons. That’s just what I like tho! Have fun!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is that a repro playfield? Looks so shiny and new! Micro?

#4519 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

My FT has started to only release 2 balls during multiball. Keeps the third ball in the reel until both balls in play are lost, then does a ball search and ejects the last ball. Ran a reel opto test but not sure exactly how it is supposed to read with the open/closed. Says no errors during the test. Does this sound like an opto problem?

in test, the optos will each go on and off as the reel turns. If they do, its not the optos, if one or the other is always on or off, thats your issue.
If you dont feel you're getting understandable results in reel test, you can go into switch test and slowly turn the reel by hand and watch the on-screen matrix for activity.

#4520 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:Fish tank trees??

Aquarium trees are the best for this they look good and you can do it for just a couple of bucks.

#4521 2 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

Is that a repro playfield? Looks so shiny and new! Micro?

Thanks! It’s a resurfaced and clear coated original pf. Whoever did it did an amazing job!

ABF1B993-E9E8-44B9-A8D2-0DF2C3BA3F8F (resized).pngABF1B993-E9E8-44B9-A8D2-0DF2C3BA3F8F (resized).png
#4522 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks! It’s a resurfaced and clear coated original pf. Whoever did it did an amazing job!
[quoted image]

I’m about to put one of those in mine too - does it play fast??

#4523 2 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

I’m about to put one of those in mine too - does it play fast??

It’s definitely smooth, and really plays fast after a wax and adding new balls. But the real factor I feel is pitch. I keep mine on the slightly steep side, because I like how short and challenging most games are. I usually have 3-4 super short games and then one really long one with multiple multi balls and monster fish. I usually choke when jackpot is lit tho. I locked 2 balls for double jackpot last week and naturally couldn’t capitalize.

#4525 2 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

[quoted image]

Wow, I didn’t know there was supposed to be a one way gate in the Casters Cub. Mine is definitely missing, which explains the bounce-outs.

Does anyone know what the part number is or where I can find one?

Thanks in advance!

#4526 2 years ago
Quoted from ParksFan:

Marco has a bunch of W gates for Williams. Maybe someone has a shop out photo with more detail. The gate has a bend at the end that only lets it swing one way.

IMG_0869 (resized).jpgIMG_0869 (resized).jpg

#4527 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Marco has a bunch of W gates for Williams. Maybe someone has a shop out photo with more detail. The gate has a bend at the end that only lets it swing one way.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the close-up picture! I looked at Marco’s site and on Plantery Pinballs site but haven’t been able to find the perfect match. Do the wire ends on the gate go from inside or outside of the support holes?

#4528 2 years ago
Quoted from ParksFan:

Wow, I didn’t know there was supposed to be a one way gate in the Casters Cub. Mine is definitely missing, which explains the bounce-outs.
Thanks in advance!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/47#post-4944377

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/47#post-4889225

The manual doesn't have a part number for this gate. I searched marco for "wire gate" and didn't see an exact match. Maybe you can get a similar one but bend the one side that doesn't match.

#4529 2 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/47#post-4944377
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/47#post-4889225
The manual doesn't have a part number for this gate. I searched marco for "wire gate" and didn't see an exact match. Maybe you can get a similar one but bend the one side that doesn't match.

Thanks Neal_W and Roamin! The pictures are very helpful. I think I will order a few gates from Marco that are close and adjust the ends to work in the caster’s club.

#4530 2 years ago

If you need a part that is not around, let me know and we have the WMS prints for most anything and can get a quote on some wireforms.

Team PPS

#4531 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

If you need a part that is not around, let me know and we have the WMS prints for most anything and can get a quote on some wireforms.
Team PPS

Wireform ramps for Fish Tales that are all unobtainium would be lovely! Especially the 2 crossover boat ramps, they take a beating and the welds break!

#4532 2 years ago

Wire Ramps are challenging as the original jigs no longer exist (usually) so they have to be re-created which takes time and iteration. Then for all that effort there needs to be probably at least 500 made ... which is why it's rare to have new wire ramps made other than for a remake, etc ... creating the jig/tool can be $1500-2000 and then per ramp, etc ... so the economics unfortunately make it very difficult to get a good stream of wire ramps going ...

#4533 2 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

we've sent the part off for quote ... we've not quoted a wireform for awhile, so if reasonable we can give it a shot ...

#4534 2 years ago

I had to really look to see if my FT had the gate intact. I didn’t know there was a gate under there.

0295B419-048D-4197-B92D-0E72C7E948E6 (resized).png0295B419-048D-4197-B92D-0E72C7E948E6 (resized).png
#4535 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Team PPS

Thanks for the great service PPS. I looked in your Williams online parts book for the part #, but couldn’t find it. Looking forward to finding out if this can be made. If not, I will see if you have the WMS print and make it myself.

#4536 2 years ago

For the first few weeks of owning FT I thought something was broken when i rejected from the C.Club I don't think mine has a decal though. Looks interesting

Quoted from Pinkitten:

I had to really look to see if my FT had the gate intact. I didn’t know there was a gate under there.
[quoted image]

#4537 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain860:

For the first few weeks of owning FT I thought something was broken when i rejected from the C.Club I don't think mine has a decal though. Looks interesting

His decal is custom, made by his wife if I remember correctly. When I got my fish tales the ball was rejected at least 50% of the time. Someone added an extra l bracket behind the vuk and my wire gate was out of shape. Now my gate is perfect and no rejects ever!

#4538 2 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

His decal is custom, made by his wife if I remember correctly. When I got my fish tales the ball was rejected at least 50% of the time. Someone added an extra l bracket behind the vuk and my wire gate was out of shape. Now my gate is perfect and no rejects ever!

Correct, good memory! My wife sometimes makes me custom target decals. I replaced the stock drop target with a translucent one, and added a blue led behind it. Turned out nice.

1D088D49-CD8A-418E-B08B-684140BBA872 (resized).jpeg1D088D49-CD8A-418E-B08B-684140BBA872 (resized).jpeg
#4539 2 years ago

One of the first pins we bought was a ratty Fish Tales. Finally committed to doing something with it.

Out - rottendog dmd and power driver boards and pretty decent playfield
In - correct Williams boards and a NOS playfield

13DEFCD7-89D6-4FE8-BDC7-56B82ECD6464 (resized).jpeg13DEFCD7-89D6-4FE8-BDC7-56B82ECD6464 (resized).jpeg215E7D66-85A8-4CC9-8B29-292DF52DD4B4 (resized).jpeg215E7D66-85A8-4CC9-8B29-292DF52DD4B4 (resized).jpeg497081B0-E751-45AD-95A4-A40881A842E2 (resized).jpeg497081B0-E751-45AD-95A4-A40881A842E2 (resized).jpeg80A9757F-8D05-4319-8DDB-5E72E37982C7 (resized).jpeg80A9757F-8D05-4319-8DDB-5E72E37982C7 (resized).jpegE9AAEA47-108A-4DF7-9841-2CB9206445B5 (resized).jpegE9AAEA47-108A-4DF7-9841-2CB9206445B5 (resized).jpeg08D8EB60-F744-4CC2-BEF7-85E37378E65E (resized).jpeg08D8EB60-F744-4CC2-BEF7-85E37378E65E (resized).jpeg211592BC-2681-4493-943C-0F256216D4A6 (resized).jpeg211592BC-2681-4493-943C-0F256216D4A6 (resized).jpeg3021C144-A0CA-4198-AAFA-FBBD213DEA46 (resized).jpeg3021C144-A0CA-4198-AAFA-FBBD213DEA46 (resized).jpegD3508D7D-A259-4A87-9875-37BF420196D8 (resized).jpegD3508D7D-A259-4A87-9875-37BF420196D8 (resized).jpeg

#4540 2 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of what this area of posts should look like? This feels kind of janky and I assume it might not be correct…

The thin plastic has to bend down to screw into the front bumper post which doesn't feel right.

09001862-F54C-4DFB-9F2B-1C22EBC96D20 (resized).jpeg09001862-F54C-4DFB-9F2B-1C22EBC96D20 (resized).jpeg2E53F2C0-B4E2-407D-A26F-C1AF39E32C38 (resized).jpeg2E53F2C0-B4E2-407D-A26F-C1AF39E32C38 (resized).jpeg

#4541 2 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

Does anyone have a picture of what this area of posts should look like? This feels kind of janky and I assume it might not be correct…
The thin plastic has to bend down to screw into the front bumper post which doesn't feel right.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Its right. You're missing the thick flat washer on top of that bumper post to make the plastic lay flat.
You can pile 2 or 3 standard flat washers there to substitute. Games that dont have that washer will go thru alot more of those thin plastics!

#4542 2 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

Does anyone have a picture of what this area of posts should look like?

IMG_0872 (resized).jpgIMG_0872 (resized).jpg

#4543 2 years ago

Awesome - thanks that makes a lot of sense now why it was bending down. I'll try to check out my local HW store for something like that..

#4544 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Still no sign of these...

I have a 3d fishing rod mod in progress for the left plastic area. It has a real cork Handel , real thread used to hold the eyelets, and painted finish with slight weathering. It’s in multiple pieces so shipping is easy. Also a new caster club cabin with front porch and interior lighting.

Should have pictures posted soon.

#4545 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I have a 3d fishing rod mod in progress for the left plastic area. It has a real cork Handel , real thread used to hold the eyelets, and painted finish with slight weathering. It’s in multiple pieces so shipping is easy. Also a new caster club cabin with front porch and interior lighting.
Should have pictures posted soon.

Sounds awesome! I have wanted to do that with a real fly rod but I don't have the creative juices

#4546 2 years ago

Having an issue that I couldn’t find on the forums.

For some reason my gate solenoid is locking on. I learned it from one of my regulars after he said the game was turning off mid-play

Somehow it’s still working just fine as I played it, but it is locking on randomly and I’m not sure why. I assume the coil was causing resets due to locking in. But can’t be sure.

#4547 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

For some reason my gate solenoid is locking on.

The gate opens when launching the ball. Shooter lane switch OK?

#4548 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The gate opens when launching the ball. Shooter lane switch OK?

The solenoid was clicking on and off rapidly when lifting the played. Pretty sure it’s just bad at this point. Probably from years of abuse on route. I cut it off and it seems like it burned up and had a minor internal short that it “fixed” itself that caused the bizarre behavior

My game does have a weird issue, the shooter lane switch gets hit by the auto plunger, and it sometimes confuses the game. At times when you lose the ball while the auto cast is on, the plunger fires IMMEDIATELY, activating the shooter lane switch and the game just immediately ends the ball, without ever kicking one out.

Not sure why the auto plunger is firing two and three times the second the ball drains, which I believe causes most these issues.

#4549 2 years ago

I'm doing a full PF swap and clean/tumble - I've got the reel gearbox here separated, Is there anything you need to to service the internals? I don't see any screws to separate the parts so assume it's best to leave it as is... There was some oil between the gearbox and the mounting plate so I'm not sure where that migrated from...

#4550 2 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

I'm doing a full PF swap and clean/tumble - I've got the reel gearbox here separated, Is there anything you need to to service the internals? I don't see any screws to separate the parts so assume it's best to leave it as is... There was some oil between the gearbox and the mounting plate so I'm not sure where that migrated from...

I believe the oil is there so that the 2 parts don't rust together. I don't recall precisely how you open the gear box but you can definitely open it to clean the inside and add more grease.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 22.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/91?hl=roamin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.