p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
FT1 (resized).jpg
fishtales sword (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 13.20.11 (resized).png
3ff3af1335f3cf0ab4ddec7bc6e817774e6da3b5 (resized).jpg
20240121_211414 (resized).jpg
20240121_211552 (resized).jpg

There are 5,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 112.
#4001 2 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

They are not on the other side if you are talking about the copper coil things.

Post of pic of the other side and we can confirm about Q1 and R1.

#4002 2 years ago

It also does not have the transistor. They had two of them on the Marco website so I Purchased the one that look like the one I have and they sent me the other one

13DD5ED9-31B2-446E-B223-E3E5D3F86AE3 (resized).jpeg13DD5ED9-31B2-446E-B223-E3E5D3F86AE3 (resized).jpeg
#4003 2 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

they sent me the other one

It looks different but would likely work if parts weren't missing. Speak to Marcos, they can clarify the difference between the boards and confirm the one you received is missing necessary parts.

#4004 2 years ago

I had tried calling them a half hour ago but have not heard back yet. I think they had the 2 boards and the wrong picture with each and wrong description on one of them.

#4005 2 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I had tried calling them a half hour ago but have not heard back yet. I think they had the 2 boards and the wrong picture with each and wrong description on one of them.

Yeah that board definitely won't work. It's missing multiple components, plus, the plug on the right had side only has 2 pins installed in the connector vs. 3 on the original.

#4006 2 years ago

Got the new translite from the pinball expo installed. Looks great now I gotta do the art blades next.

PXL_20211102_232312596 (resized).jpgPXL_20211102_232312596 (resized).jpg
#4007 2 years ago
Quoted from waynestatemac:

Got the new translite from the pinball expo installed. Looks great now I gotta do the art blades next.
[quoted image]

Awesome. Can’t wait to get mine installed.

#4010 2 years ago

Trust me to break the plastic with rivets..

Top right, next to slings with the old fisherman on.
How would I replace this?

#4011 2 years ago

Had mine nearly a week now... Few questions

The kickout for the saucer is very weak, occasionally it'll make it to the middle lane of LIE but mostly the right one (É)... Is that by design?
Very rare but sometimes the ball bounces out of the saucer and to the right orbit.

I also had issues with the trough kickout into the shooter lane, sometimes the ball would bounce back into the trough over and over but the autoplunger would keep firing... Odd considering I thought the ball had to sit on the switch before it fired?

Sometimes the ball would drain and autocast would come up "don't move" but no ball would launch and the end of ball bonus would come up.
(I seem to have eliminated that issue by reassembling the trough to shooter kicker arm but seems odd that would be related and the game just gives up giving you a new ball).

Should it be possible to backhand casters club?

I have my lightning flippers set so they are perfectly in like with the ball guides. I used a piece of straight wood to align them so the gap is even between the wood and flipper rubber. If that makes sense!

#4012 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

You can use a miniature nut and bolt if you don't want to rivet the bracket to that plastic.

#4013 2 years ago

The kickout for the saucer is very weak, occasionally it'll make it to the middle lane of LIE but mostly the right one (É)... Is that by design?
Very rare but sometimes the ball bounces out of the saucer and to the right orbit.

I think weak is normal. Mine goes down the "I" lane.

I have my lightning flippers set so they are perfectly in like with the ball guides. I used a piece of straight wood to align them so the gap is even between the wood and flipper rubber. If that makes sense!

Flippers aligned with the lanes is fine. They should normally be slightly lower than that, where the bottom of the bat is aligned with the roll pin pressed in to the playfield.

Normally you can backhand the Extra Ball target but not the casters club unless you ricochet the ball off the post for the right ramp.

#4014 2 years ago

I also had issues with the trough kickout into the shooter lane, sometimes the ball would bounce back into the trough over and over

Try bending this guide down a bit to keep the ball from bouncing back to the trough.

fttt (resized).jpgfttt (resized).jpg

#4015 2 years ago

Thanks so much for all your replies!

Pretty close to the hole,, or should they go a little lower?

20211109_155124 (resized).jpg20211109_155124 (resized).jpg
20211109_155117 (resized).jpg20211109_155117 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Neal_W:

You can use a miniature nut and bolt if you don't want to rivet the bracket to that plastic.

Where would I find a new bracket? I'm assuming I can't use the one with rivets on?

#4016 2 years ago

Pretty close to the hole,, or should they go a little lower?

Those look pretty good to me. If you get a nice, smooth roll onto the flipper without “hop,” and can trap the ball, you should be good. I had flipper hop on mine and needed wider metal guide rails from Cliffy.

#4017 2 years ago

Where would I find a new bracket? I'm assuming I can't use the one with rivets on?

You can drill out the rivets and reuse the bracket.

#4018 2 years ago

I’m having issues with my plunge. About half the time, the ball hits the left rail just to the left of the LIE lanes. I watched several plunges, and it’s not hitting the metal gate that raises. It’s a problem with either the angle of the rail on the right just under the fish finder scoop, or it’s a speed issue. I’m wondering if a new or more powerful coil for the plunger would solve it? I don’t see any way to bend the rail on the right upward so the ball travels a bit higher arc, as the end of the rail is secured to the playfield. Suggestions?

12C6435B-3ED6-4613-8BF6-8C9E358E8413 (resized).jpeg12C6435B-3ED6-4613-8BF6-8C9E358E8413 (resized).jpegAEC0ADB8-B8B9-4B57-AC45-21EE642AC7F3 (resized).jpegAEC0ADB8-B8B9-4B57-AC45-21EE642AC7F3 (resized).jpeg
#4019 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I don’t see any way to bend the rail on the right upward so the ball travels a bit higher arc, as the end of the rail is secured to the playfield.

In my case, I grabbed the right rail by the end you circled with a pair of pliers and curved/straightened it as needed like shown, to aim the ball to the gate, not too high or low. Covering the plier jaws with cloth will help reduce scratches/gouges on the rail. You should be able to plunge around and also shoot the right orbit and make it around when long cast is lit.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#4020 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

In my case, I grabbed the right rail by the end you circled with a pair of pliers and curved/straightened it as needed like shown, to aim the ball to the gate, not too high or low. Covering the plier jaws with cloth will help reduce scratches/gouges on the rail. You should be able to plunge around and also shoot the right orbit and make it around when long cast is lit.
[quoted image]

Good idea. I bet it doesn’t take much bending to improve the trajectory. I’ll tweak that rail soon! Thanks very much.

#4021 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Good idea. I bet it doesn’t take much bending to improve the trajectory. I’ll tweak that rail soon! Thanks very much.

You can always film the ball going up the shooter lane with a mobile phone and the slow motion mode to see exactly what happens to the ball as it gets shot up.

#4022 2 years ago

The sideblades look cool .

#4023 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The sideblades look cool .

I think that new translite looks great, however it and art blades, imho, fail to capture the spirit of this game. FT is a really light hearted game and this is an overly monstrous look. I think Brian is a super talented artist but has missed the mark on this one. Also, the title text is the same as the factory and this is one of the worst parts about the original translite. That letter style is so geometric and wonky and has no connection to an outdoors feel. It also appears no where else on the game. The dmd even displays a different letter style which feel much more appropriate to the theme. Still Im sure this will make many owners happy so congrats to them and Brian!

#4024 2 years ago

Have you found a replacement for this? I might have a spare I could send you. Don't want to spend an hour digging through parts boxes to see what I can find if you've got it covered though.

#4025 2 years ago

When I change out plastics that are riveted, I always drill out the old rivets. Then when it comes time to reassemble, I use 6-32 bolts and nylock nuts. Looks great, works great.

#4026 2 years ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

Have you found a replacement for this? I might have a spare I could send you. Don't want to spend an hour digging through parts boxes to see what I can find if you've got it covered though.

Not yet no, I've stopped looking as I thought it's not too noticable for now.. But if you have a replacement I'll be interested.. Providing you can ship to UK? Unless you're already in the UK!

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

When I change out plastics that are riveted, I always drill out the old rivets. Then when it comes time to reassemble, I use 6-32 bolts and nylock nuts. Looks great, works great.

Didn't think of that! If I can't source a riveted replacement I'll try that.

#4027 2 years ago

Hi everyone, I wanted to share a new Alternate Translite I drew of Fish Tales - reimagining the classic in my style. These are officially licensed from Williams!

These are available as a Translite, Backglass, Art Print, and banner (also have Side Blades to match) here:
https://www.flyland-arcade.com

LIMITED EDITION ACRYLIC BACKGLASS:
• Reverse-printed on a 1/8″ thick translucent acrylic backglass (not a thin Translite).
• Double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop.
• Measures 27"x 18 7/8" to fit in a Fish Tails Classic and Remake machine, or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!
• It comes with a certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by the artist. LIMITED TO ONLY 200 ever.
• Replaces the glass entirely in your backbox.

SIGNED FLEXIBLE TRANSLITE
• 26.5″X18.375″ Tall. Measures to fit in any Fish Tales machine, or a lightbox (90’s WMS/Bally sizing). Looks beautiful when backlit!
• White silk-screened backing produces very high illumination
• Extra-thick, rigid Translite (thicker than most factory Translites, including Stern)
• Signed by the artist, Brian Allen
• Reverse-printed on firm, thick, flexible Translite material, with a silk-screened white backing.

Thanks for all the support on these (and thanks to everyone who has been sending me photos of the translite in their machines!)

Fish Tales backglass on machine square (resized).jpgFish Tales backglass on machine square (resized).jpgFish-Tales-Acrylic-Backglass-4-low-res (resized).jpgFish-Tales-Acrylic-Backglass-4-low-res (resized).jpgFish-Tales-Art-Print21-social-media (resized).jpgFish-Tales-Art-Print21-social-media (resized).jpgFish-Tales-Translite-20-low-res (resized).jpgFish-Tales-Translite-20-low-res (resized).jpgFish-Tales-Translite-21-low-res (resized).jpgFish-Tales-Translite-21-low-res (resized).jpgFish-Tales-Translite-22-low-res (resized).jpgFish-Tales-Translite-22-low-res (resized).jpgFish-Tales-Translite-5-social-media (resized).jpgFish-Tales-Translite-5-social-media (resized).jpgFish_Tales_Detail-low-res_01 (resized).jpgFish_Tales_Detail-low-res_01 (resized).jpgFish_Tales_Detail-low-res_04 (resized).jpgFish_Tales_Detail-low-res_04 (resized).jpgFish_Tales_Translite_235.x18.375-social-media (resized).jpgFish_Tales_Translite_235.x18.375-social-media (resized).jpgIMG_4367 (resized).JPGIMG_4367 (resized).JPG
#4028 2 years ago

Already ordered up the whole package. And a few other items for Xmas gifts.

Looking forward to that LE Acrylic BG arriving.

Love your stuff.

#4029 2 years ago

Not yet no, I've stopped looking as I thought it's not too noticable for now.. But if you have a replacement I'll be interested.. Providing you can ship to UK? Unless you're already in the UK!

I believe this is what you need. Send me a PM and we can handle details.

IMG_8960 (resized).JPGIMG_8960 (resized).JPGIMG_8961 (resized).JPGIMG_8961 (resized).JPG
#4030 2 years ago

I’m a new FT owner and I’m loving the game. As I get ready to shop it out, I think I have a missing plastic. Just to the right of the mini-playfield (the boat), is there supposed to be a thin plastic there?

I’ve been looking at photos online and I think there’s one, but I can’t quite see the graphics on it.

Thanks,

Alberto

#4031 2 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

I’m a new FT owner and I’m loving the game. As I get ready to shop it out, I think I have a missing plastic. Just to the right of the mini-playfield (the boat), is there supposed to be a thin plastic there?
I’ve been looking at photos online and I think there’s one, but I can’t quite see the graphics on it.
Thanks,
Alberto

Yes, it's blue with white water splashes on it.

#4032 2 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

is there supposed to be a thin plastic there?

Yep, as yzfguy said, it’s a thin plastic with blue/white water art on it. You can order one from EBay, or someone might have an extra.

9DDB2327-382C-4F79-9FC9-A5CCA952088E (resized).jpeg9DDB2327-382C-4F79-9FC9-A5CCA952088E (resized).jpeg
#4033 2 years ago

Thanks! To eBay we go

#4034 2 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone, I wanted to share a new Alternate Translite I drew of Fish Tales - reimagining the classic in my style. These are officially licensed from Williams!
These are available as a Translite, Backglass, Art Print, and banner (also have Side Blades to match) here:
• Reverse-printed on a 1/8″ thick translucent acrylic backglass (not a thin Translite).
• Double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop.
• Measures 27"x 18 7/8" to fit in a Fish Tails Classic and Remake machine, or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!
• It comes with a certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by the artist. LIMITED TO ONLY 200 ever.
• 26.5″X18.375″ Tall. Measures to fit in any Fish Tales machine, or a lightbox (90’s WMS/Bally sizing). Looks beautiful when backlit!
• Extra-thick, rigid Translite (thicker than most factory Translites, including Stern)
• Reverse-printed on firm, thick, flexible Translite material, with a silk-screened white backing.
Thanks for all the support on these (and thanks to everyone who has been sending me photos of the translite in their machines!)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi and great work!

I have asked James@pinballbazzar uk to order me the limited edition version which he said I should get early next year, anyway to get it quicker?

I’ve seen a pic with the translite fitted and looks great, does the limited look as good fitted?

#4035 2 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any coupon codes?

#4036 2 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Thanks! To eBay we go

It breaks super easy which is why it's missing in the first place I'd bet. Go ahead and get a plastic protector set unless you want it to keep breaking. That piece and the front corners of the boat ramp cover are particularly susceptible to breakage. I bought a whole protector set and only installed those 2 plus the slings.

#4037 2 years ago

Looking for the bee looking fly cover part. I'm assuming unobtanium and I'll have to make one? Thanks!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4038 2 years ago
Quoted from charlesd:

Looking for the bee looking fly cover part. I'm assuming unobtanium and I'll have to make one? Thanks!

Make a separate post in the market/pinball parts wanted sub-forum. Likely someone has a donor pin with a spare.

#4039 2 years ago

Hi everyone. Have a quick question...

Does my boat ramp look normal? The right side points upwards, but i cant figure out if i broke it during flamepolishing, or if it is actually meant to have that bend?

FishTalesBoatRamp (resized).jpgFishTalesBoatRamp (resized).jpg
#4040 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Does my boat ramp look normal?

That's normal. The left and right switches on the ramp are shaped like that.

#4041 2 years ago

"Measures 27"x 18 7/8" to fit in a Fish Tails Classic and Remake machine, or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!"

So the next CGC remake is Fish Tales?

#4042 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That's normal. The left and right switches on the ramp are shaped like that.

It's actually not the switches i have doubts about, but the bend on the plastic ramp itself.

#4043 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

It's actually not the switches i have doubts about, but the bend on the plastic ramp itself.

There's definitely a bend, that side's track runs over the left side's one.. So it's shaped to run the track higher. Hard to see if yours is bent more than mine, but I doubt it.

#4044 2 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

There's definitely a bend, that side's track runs over the left side's one.. So it's shaped to run the track higher. Hard to see if yours is bent more than mine, but I doubt it.

Awesome! Thank you so much for your help.

I took care to not overheat it when flame polishing, so when i discovered the bend i almost couldn't believe it.

#4045 2 years ago

Anyone else run into issues with Racking themselves with the Fishing Rod shooter or hitting there leg and leaving nasty bruises.

Oh I so hate this one feature of the game so much I'm wondering if anyone has taken this shit off.

#4046 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anyone else run into issues with Racking themselves with the Fishing Rod shooter or hitting there leg and leaving nasty bruises.
Oh I so hate this one feature of the game so much I'm wondering if anyone has taken this shit off.

Yeah, much pain many times! Also on STTNG and Indy, ouch.
I saw a picture only the other day where someone put foam over there Indy gun so he doesn’t lose a bollock!

Indy (resized).jpegIndy (resized).jpeg
#4047 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Yeah, much pain many times! Also on STTNG and Indy, ouch.

Lol, I know that pain. The Shadow got my wife in the hip the other night when we replaced the head decals. I can’t count the times I’ve slammed into the fishing rod or guns on DH, STTNG and Indy. I recently shipped a beautiful STTNG and didn’t remove the gun. The shippers were kind enough to nearly rip the gun off the cabinet and take the front corner with it. Never again!

#4048 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

HA! We are refreshing our basement with new flooring, wiring and a drop ceiling. My four pins are covered with the heads down.

We had to move them around to give the workers access to different areas.

Want to guess which one is right by my office, with a narrow walkway to get by.

Yup, the FT.

Three bruises and counting.

#4049 2 years ago

Is it common for the ball to get stuck the switch slot on the top right orbit, below the saucer and above LIE?
I tried fiddling with the way the switch arm sits. To see if it doesn't let it sit there, or let's it roll back and no luck.

Also,
I installed a Afterglow nano (like ledocd) and I'm attract mode all the insert lamps get stuck on after a period of time... But then go back to working if you start a game, enter the operator menu, or restart the game.
I'm not sure if its the afterglow board or its a coincidence.
It seems odd how it works OK for a while then they eventually get stuck on and is solved easily

Any ideas appreciated

#4050 2 years ago
Quoted from charlesd:

[quoted image]

I need that too! If you happen to find a source would you mind pming me?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Hardware
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus
Playfields
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.