IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 113.
#351 8 years ago

Great news, I signed up what seems like 2-3 years ago. Whenever they came up for pre-order. The boat is already sitting in the desk drawer next to me.

#352 8 years ago

ROM G-5
Does anyone have a current link to G-5 software? The only links I can find on pinside are dead.
Thanks!

#353 8 years ago

We just brought home our Fish Tales on Tuesday!

I'd like to thank DB62 for graciously selling us his!

My daughter loves it!

027.jpg027.jpg

#354 8 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

We just brought home our Fish Tales on Tuesday!
I'd like to thank DB62 for graciously selling us his!
My daughter loves it!

027.jpg

Another future pinhead,get 'em in young!

#355 8 years ago

At the age of 4 she has already drank the kool-aid.. lol

#356 8 years ago

Anyone know where to get a replacement eye for the fish in the topper?

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Anyone know where to get a replacement eye for the fish in the topper?

I believe the whole fish is available at marco.

1 week later
#358 8 years ago

Happy owner of a Fish Tales prototype purchase from the Pin-Vid guys in Atlanta. I need advise on a couple of topics:

1.) My shooter rod is worn, and looks like a cross between black and chrome. I'm thinking of taking it off and powder coating it black. Have others tried this? What is original to the game?

2.) I'd like to replace the game ROM with one that corrects the famous spelling error, "Extra Balle". Are those available from anyone on Pinside? Where should I look?

3.) Lastly, we have a minor problem with sinking inserts. Has anyone tried the insert overlays?

Thanks, and happy to be a member of the Caster's Club!

#359 8 years ago

You can get rom on ebay.

The overlays will not fix a sunken insert. You have to fix the insert then if there is some wear still present then use overlay if you want or touch up.

#360 8 years ago

The latest rom available doesn't fix the extra balle issue

#361 8 years ago

Id like the latest ROM with the extra ball fix with the ghosting patch as well. If anyone can burn one please PM me.

Mike

#362 8 years ago

Me also, just bought L-5 and was disappointed that most obvious fix wasn't

#363 8 years ago

been looking for g-5 for a month now.

#364 8 years ago

Ive never seen this "Balle" on mine. When does it display this?

#365 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Ive never seen this "Balle" on mine. When does it display this?

Same here.

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

I got the G-5 rom for my FT from a pinsider that goes by the name "romman". I dont think, however, that he has been on the site in quite a while. His name is Stephan and his website is: hobbyroms.com. I would try to reach him through the website. He's a very nice guy. Good luck!

#367 8 years ago

It shows when you change the replay reward from free credit to extra balle

#368 8 years ago

So only in the operator menu? If so, pfft...

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

It shows up in attract mode.

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

It shows anytime the replay value would show, it's not that big of a deal. Just a little annoying

#371 8 years ago

Had the game since 96 and I have never noticed it. Thanks guys! lol.

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It shows when you change the replay reward from free credit to extra balle

Thanks,the only things I change from factory settings on my games are-free play and highest score reset-off.

#373 8 years ago

A friend needs some FT Parts. Anyone have plastics or a populated pf they have parts from ?

#374 8 years ago

Two obvious things to change

A.1 #14 Replay Award = Extra Ball (When I get to 1XX million, give me a free ball not a free game, since I am already in free play mode.)

A.1 #19 Match Feature = OFF (Don't need to sit through the match animation for the same reason.)

#375 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Two obvious things to change
A.1 #14 Replay Award = Extra Ball (When I get to 1XX million, give me a free ball not a free game, since I am already in free play mode.)
A.1 #19 Match Feature = OFF (Don't need to sit through the match animation for the same reason.)

Disagree,but depends on what you are trying to achieve.If you are just playing for the fun of it then fine,but for myself I like my games to look and play as they were meant to.Also I like the challenge of getting the highest scores and like to compare my scores to the rest of the world to get some idea of my skill level,if we all play on a level playing field this works but when people start swapping credits for extra balls and extending timers etc this doesn't work.I personally see it as cheating but that is just my opinion.

#376 8 years ago

I'm in this club again for the 3rd time .....love this game

#377 8 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

when people start swapping credits for extra balls and extending timers etc this doesn't work.I personally see it as cheating

Yup, if posting high scores, there should be a note. I just think the extra ball award adds something for a home game.

#378 8 years ago

Just joined the club!

As purchased...

20150814_195421.jpg20150814_195421.jpg

After an hour of scrubbing...

20150814_203834.jpg20150814_203834.jpg

I'm looking forward the the challenge!

Ed

#379 8 years ago

20150814_190252.jpg20150814_190252.jpg

Corrected photo...as purchased.

#380 8 years ago

WOW... FILTH TALES!! The playfield looks low in the right rear. Maybe the hinge bolt is rolling around in the bottom of the cabinet?

Get some new bands and LEDs and you will be setting high scores soon. It's not too hard to strip everything off the playfield top side for cleaning. I just left the pop bumpers and the hammered in wire ball guides when shopping mine.

#381 8 years ago

Hi everyone , I'm restoring FT and as usual have this fish problem !!
I see that I can buy either just the fish decal or the tackle box decal
the cracks are just around the fish so ?!
does one fits better than the other on with either one of these decals ?

I did restore a TAF some time ago and the mansion decal didnt fit at all !!

Also the shooter needs some work but I dont want to paint it with regular paint !

I see this "Black Dykem" want do you think about that ,, good or not ?

Regards Robert

#382 8 years ago

Definitely Filth Tales. And I think I am missing something to hinge the playfield correctly.

Quoted from Neal_W:

WOW... FILTH TALES!! The playfield looks low in the right rear. Maybe the hinge bolt is rolling around in the bottom of the cabinet?
Get some new bands and LEDs and you will be setting high scores soon. It's not too hard to strip everything off the playfield top side for cleaning. I just left the pop bumpers and the hammered in wire ball guides when shopping mine.

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from Robert__:

Hi everyone , I'm restoring FT and as usual have this fish problem !!
I see that I can buy either just the fish decal or the tackle box decal
the cracks are just around the fish so ?!

Post some photos for better advice.

Regarding the decals vs large tacklebox sticker, I would say go with the fish decals. When FT comes up for sale, it is always a big negative to have the large sticker on the playfield, so I would avoid.

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Post some photos for better advice.
Regarding the decals vs large tacklebox sticker, I would say go with the fish decals. When FT comes up for sale, it is always a big negative to have the large sticker on the playfield, so I would avoid.

Agreed I would by the fish decals and copy and print onto waterslide paper if you plan on CC

#385 8 years ago

Ok here is the damage on the fish...

20150809_155854.jpg20150809_155854.jpg

And I did a Black ED since its not original due to decal change

20150809_155922.jpg20150809_155922.jpg

But I really didnt have a choice =)

PhotoGrid_1436813397910.jpegPhotoGrid_1436813397910.jpeg

#386 8 years ago

I would just keep it that way or get a new PF/Resto. I have had thr fish decals on mine for 4 years. They dont line up perfectly and if you dont Clearcoat, they do affect the ball.

#387 8 years ago

Does there seem to be a reason the fish inserts in particular are very prone to raising? And is there anything that can be done to try to prevent it?

#388 8 years ago

ok so they dont line up correctly ,, funny since they declare that they are.

• Pms Color Matched
• UV Printed
• Die Cut
• Self Sticking

best quality official Bally/Williams licensed insert decals available on the market.

and if attached edge to edge I have never had a problem with that ?!

and I also put a large mylar sheet over the area I done plus some extra inches.

Can be many reason , age , heat , damp and also extra prone area

change to leds or/and re glue it with super glue before it's too late !!

#389 8 years ago

I'm just buying a CPR playfield and never looking back.

#390 8 years ago

Yes I missed FT but I got a couple of TAF........... =)

#391 8 years ago

Anxious to get further info from CPR on the playfields. Like many I've been on the waiting list for 2+ years.

If anyone receives any emails from CPR please post here, I always worry I will miss their messages or have their email wind up in SPAM.

Anyone found a source for plastic sets? Would be nice if they did a run on those too.

Chris

#392 8 years ago

Anyone found a source for plastic sets? Would be nice if they did a run on those too.
Chris

Got one from Action Pinball for $219,but that was in 2013.Good luck.

#393 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

I've got the D-6 rom. It had the led fix and the extra ball fix. Send me a pm...

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

Anxious to get further info from CPR on the playfields. Like many I've been on the waiting list for 2+ years.
If anyone receives any emails from CPR please post here, I always worry I will miss their messages or have their email wind up in SPAM.
Chris

I believe I saw a post from Stu a few weeks back that they'll be ready around Dec. They are in CNC cutting now

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I've got the D-6 rom. It had the led fix and the extra ball fix. Send me a pm...

Excuse my ignorance but what is the led fix? I haven't noticed a problem on my machine and its filled with leds. Thanks in advance.

#396 8 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Excuse my ignorance but what is the led fix? I haven't noticed a problem on my machine and its filled with leds. Thanks in advance.

It prevents ghosting from one led to another.
It's another way to address the lamp matrix which allows you to use (cheaper) leds.

1 week later
#397 8 years ago

If any of you guys are looking to part ways with your FT please let me know.

#398 8 years ago

It confuses me why there is such a love/hate relationship with this game?

I love it, but I have read some much hate on it..

#399 8 years ago

This is a great game and the price on these is reasonable compared to others.

#400 8 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

It confuses me why there is such a love/hate relationship with this game?
I love it, but I have read some much hate on it..

Keep in mind, I love the game (just bought one), so this is a devil's advocate answer... The game is pretty simplistic. There are only a few main shots you need to keep in mind at any given time to strategically build up a score. The main game play loop is pretty simple. Boat ramps all day until monster fish or go for the caster's club. Occasionally you can try for something different (video mode or feeding frenzy), but the rules are very easy to understand and could get boring to some more experienced players.

I consider myself to be pretty competent in my pinball skills, but I still enjoy the game. The flow of the ramp shots to the monster fish is very satisfying as is the Fast Cast. Plus (on my machine, at least) the jackpots are no joke. The first shot to the caster's club during multiball is blocked by the drop target, which can be a pretty deadly shot.

Personally, I think that there are good elements for beginners (relatively easy ruleset) also with some pretty difficult shots that can drain pretty quickly if you're not on point. It's a pretty good flow machine if you're doing the boat loops or if you do the long cast right into the caster's club for a fast cast. Also, the water skier video mode is pretty entertaining and can be pretty lucrative.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.