Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
20240406_211505 (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 112.
#3801 2 years ago

My left side was fine but the right would not move zero clearance destroyed a 89 dollar set lol

#3802 2 years ago

Sorry, n00b who doesn’t know whether to post here or in the generic tech forum.

We received a Fish Tales last week. My Fish Tales is now reporting a ‘Ball 1 Locked’ near constantly, despite their being no ball anywhere near the Caster’s Club. We must have played the game about 100 times since it arrived last Tuesday and this problem has only just developed. Any idea where we start to debug.

[NB: I’ve replaced the slingshot rubbers on my Fish Tales, which has solved *that* problem. The rubbers on the slingshots were 3” rather than 2 1/2 “].

#3803 2 years ago
Quoted from Veemonroe:

Sorry, n00b who doesn’t know whether to post here or in the generic tech forum.
We received a Fish Tales last week. My Fish Tales is now reporting a ‘Ball 1 Locked’ near constantly, despite their being no ball anywhere near the Caster’s Club. We must have played the game about 100 times since it arrived last Tuesday and this problem has only just developed. Any idea where we start to debug.
[NB: I’ve replaced the slingshot rubbers on my Fish Tales, which has solved *that* problem. The rubbers on the slingshots were 3” rather than 2 1/2 “].

You’ve probably got a dirty opto/switch in the VUK that leads to the reel. If the reel is spinning it’s waiting on a ball. Not sure if it’s a opto or switch in that location. If it’s an opto clean it off, if it’s a switch, make sure it’s not sticking.

#3804 2 years ago

Having investigated further, it's Switch 47 that's getting stuck. We've had a look underneath and there's a spring attached between the solenoid and the ball popper platform that is completely knackered (it's not springy).

We've ordered a pop bumper spring (https://pinparts.co.uk/products/10-135-pop-bumper-spring), which we *think* is the right part from looking at the schematic in the instruction manual.

#3805 2 years ago
Quoted from Veemonroe:

Having investigated further, it's Switch 47 that's getting stuck. We've had a look underneath and there's a spring attached between the solenoid and the ball popper platform that is completely knackered (it's not springy).
We've ordered a pop bumper spring (https://pinparts.co.uk/products/10-135-pop-bumper-spring), which we *think* is the right part from looking at the schematic in the instruction manual.

Next time you order parts, I suggest you go ahead a also by a reel drive belt. Older belts tend to cause issues. Does the ball popper constantly fire at the same time as the reel is spinning? I'd be under the impression that if 47 is stuck closed, the machine will constantly try and activate the ball popper to send it to the reel as it thinks a ball is in there. Pretty sure after it fires the ball popper, it expects switch 35 (reel entry) to close as well. Did you test the switch integrity with a continuity tester? It's possible the lever arm has bent and adjusting the switch arm might fix it for now (your better off with a new switch anyways).

Have you made yourself familiar with the different tests available in the settings menu? Have you gone in switch test mode and physically pressed each switch in the machine to see if they register in test menu? You might discover other things that require your attention and may as well order all at once. Are you familiar with the game rules? I would start a game with the glass off and try and activate all game events. For example, does switch 62 (top right loop) activate the gate properly? If the loop is active switch 62 will open the gate, if it isn't then it will activate the loop and next time the gate will open. Does the drop target in front of caster's club open and close properly? (it will close once you've collected at least 1 jackpot and the game returns to single ball play). On normal difficulty, does that drop target go back down after being hit once? (twice on hard).

Edit : spring 10-135 is the correct spring for the ball popper.

#3806 2 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

Next time you order parts, I suggest you go ahead a also by a reel drive belt. Older belts tend to cause issues. Does the ball popper constantly fire at the same time as the reel is spinning? I'd be under the impression that if 47 is stuck closed, the machine will constantly try and activate the ball popper to send it to the reel as it thinks a ball is in there. Pretty sure after it fires the ball popper, it expects switch 35 (reel entry) to close as well. Did you test the switch integrity with a continuity tester? It's possible the lever arm has bent and adjusting the switch arm might fix it for now (your better off with a new switch anyways).
Have you made yourself familiar with the different tests available in the settings menu? Have you gone in switch test mode and physically pressed each switch in the machine to see if they register in test menu? You might discover other things that require your attention and may as well order all at once. Are you familiar with the game rules? I would start a game with the glass off and try and activate all game events. For example, does switch 62 (top right loop) activate the gate properly? If the loop is active switch 62 will open the gate, if it isn't then it will activate the loop and next time the gate will open. Does the drop target in front of caster's club open and close properly? (it will close once you've collected at least 1 jackpot and the game returns to single ball play). On normal difficulty, does that drop target go back down after being hit once? (twice on hard).

Quoted from Roamin:

Edit: spring 10-135 should be the correct once for the ball popper.

#3807 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I was going to buy the boat can't find any I have seen the decals

I recently purchased a repro boat PF from Micro for $160 shipped. Message them on here and see if they have anymore if that's what you're looking for...

#3808 2 years ago

Okay I will cause on the website it's out of stock it'd the bottom 2 inserts port and stern the clear is uo I don't know how it would look sanding off the clear and putting to decals down

#3809 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

U talking about the decals

No there are two boat playfields there right now.

#3810 2 years ago

Well damn my ebay must be messed up I have looked over and over again

#3811 2 years ago

I found a another boat wondering if I can save mine or just best to swap it out

20210727_182226 (resized).jpg20210727_182226 (resized).jpg20210727_182235 (resized).jpg20210727_182235 (resized).jpg20210727_182243 (resized).jpg20210727_182243 (resized).jpg20210727_182248 (resized).jpg20210727_182248 (resized).jpg20210727_182253 (resized).jpg20210727_182253 (resized).jpg
#3812 2 years ago

I'd play the shit out of it, as is. Keep the Boat for when you want to sell it or restore it.

#3813 2 years ago

The playfield itself is great though just the bottom 2 inserts the clear is worn off on the bottom

#3814 2 years ago

The regular playfield I meant

#3815 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

The playfield itself is great though just the bottom 2 inserts the clear is worn off on the bottom

It's not really that bad and a lot of them have wear in that area. Mine is showing some clear issues on the green arrow inserts.
I bought a replacement and am rocking it as is for now. Mostly because I know I am gonna wear out the new one if I put it in there.

#3816 2 years ago

I wonder if sanding down some of that clear that's coming up and reclearing that bottom part would look decent

#3817 2 years ago

Hey there, just joined the Caster's Club with Fish Tales as my first ever pin.

Bought from Freddy's Pinball Paradise (great guys, btw, can't wait to visit them once they reopen).

I used to play FT at a local pizza place as a kid until they closed down, so I find the machine very nostalgic, and I think it's a great first pin. Totally brutal though... I have it set to 5.8 degrees, medium difficulty, standard flippers and it keeps kicking my ass over and over again, my average is around 10-50M per game, with 128M being my top score so far.

Had it delivered to my office with very narrow doors, so I had to take off the backbox. Spent 2 hours labeling each wire and making a checklist of connectors, while constantly worrying not to get any rain, as we couldn't bring the machine inside.

Disconnected and labeled. Spent almost a full roll of electrical tapeDisconnected and labeled. Spent almost a full roll of electrical tape

I gotta say I underestimated how heavy the pin could be. Even without the backbox and glass we had to carry it together with 3 friends. All the way up to the 4th floor with extremely narrow staircase. But we finally made it. Then it took me another 2 hours to reconnect everything and it started up on the first try without any errors. Not bad for a first timer!

FT happily standing in the office, waiting for me to play a couple of rounds every hour or soFT happily standing in the office, waiting for me to play a couple of rounds every hour or so

Pinball is pretty much non-existent where I live. Half of the people don't even know what pinball is (regardless of age), and when I try to explain it, they think about foosball. The guy selling his collection on classifieds said he was able to source 5 pins in 8 years locally. So having a personal pin that I can play at any time I want feels very special. Now looking for my second pin!

#3818 2 years ago
Quoted from RichieThorne:

Good job getting the head back on. Welcome to Pinside and the FT club! As you make more connections in the pinball community, you will hopefully find more opportunities to grow your collection.

#3819 2 years ago

Bought from Freddy's Pinball Paradise (great guys, btw, can't wait to visit them once they reopen).
I used to play FT at a local pizza place as a kid until they closed down, so I find the machine very nostalgic, and I think it's a great first pin. Totally brutal though... I have it set to 5.8 degrees, medium difficulty, standard flippers and it keeps kicking my ass over and over again, my average is around 10-50M per game, with 128M being my top score so far.
Had it delivered to my office with very narrow doors, so I had to take off the backbox. Spent 2 hours labeling each wire and making a checklist of connectors, while constantly worrying not to get any rain, as we couldn't bring the machine inside.
[quoted image]
I gotta say I underestimated how heavy the pin could be. Even without the backbox and glass we had to carry it together with 3 friends. All the way up to the 4th floor with extremely narrow staircase. But we finally made it. Then it took me another 2 hours to reconnect everything and it started up on the first try without any errors. Not bad for a first timer!
[quoted image]
Pinball is pretty much non-existent where I live. Half of the people don't even know what pinball is (regardless of age), and when I try to explain it, they think about foosball. The guy selling his collection on classifieds said he was able to source 5 pins in 8 years locally. So having a personal pin that I can play at any time I want feels very special. Now looking for my second pin!

Welcome to Pinside and the FT Club!

Warning- once you buy 1 pin- they tend to multiply quickly!

Cheers!

#3820 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Welcome, glad you found pinside.

#3821 2 years ago

Please try this: when Fish finder is active press both flipper buttons. When I do this, first instance, I will almost always get the light for extra ball. Did not find this in any game rule tutorial though or what so ever ....

#3822 2 years ago

Can u set this for 5 ball cause I did in the menu and it wont hold 5 it keeps kicking the last ball back in the trough over and over again I took 5 out just 4 and then it kick 2 out into the shooting area auto plunges them not a big deal works fine with 3

#3823 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Can u set this for 5 ball cause I did in the menu and it wont hold 5 it keeps kicking the last ball back in the trough over and over again I took 5 out just 4 and then it kick 2 out into the shooting area auto plunges them not a big deal works fine with 3

5 ball is for the amount of balls per game. There should only be 3 in the trough and the captive ball.

#3824 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Quoted from Roamin:

5 ball is for the amount of balls per game. There should only be 3 in the trough and the captive ball.

3 ball game(in the game). Should say so under lockdown bar and manual.

#3825 2 years ago

It also says in Manuel in u 9 u can add 5 balls to the game its just not working

#3826 2 years ago
16276067276073483851815988577939 (resized).jpg16276067276073483851815988577939 (resized).jpg
#3827 2 years ago
16276067858713869937024013218117 (resized).jpg16276067858713869937024013218117 (resized).jpg
#3828 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

It also says in Manuel in u 9 u can add 5 balls to the game its just not working

No. You can change it to a 5 ball per game play. You can't put 5 balls in the game.

Just use 3 balls. Each player will get to play a 5 ball game.

LTG : )

#3829 2 years ago
16276069241217777704386948895528 (resized).jpg16276069241217777704386948895528 (resized).jpg
#3830 2 years ago

Okay I was just curious if I was reading it wrong lol

#3831 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Okay I was just curious if I was reading it wrong lol

Yes, you're reading it incorrectly. The machine isn't instructing you to put 5 balls in the machine. It's asking if you want to "install" (in other words "set") the machine to 5 balls per player per game.

#3832 2 years ago

Hey guys, just picked up a fish tales. It's missing the reel I guess you call it. I have what looks like a big metal bracket to hold the wheel in place. That's it. Apparently it was broken, previous owner gave it to someone to fix and I have a deal in place to get it back, But i prefer to source my own since there is no timetable. Not sure exactly what is missing and where to get it. If you know where one is, please let me know.
I don't like to start a tear down until a machine works 100%, this way I know if I induced a problem.

Thanks,
Joe

PXL_20210731_003754718 (resized).jpgPXL_20210731_003754718 (resized).jpg
#3833 2 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

It's missing the reel I guess you call it.

You can get a view of the parts breakdown on page 74/75 of the manual. Appears your missing the reel, decals, pully, E-clip, washer and the plate the goes on the left of the wheel (not shown on that page). Any parts in the coin box?

Is the motor and gearbox under the playfield? Hopefully you can find someone with a parts machine.

IMG_9914 (resized).jpgIMG_9914 (resized).jpg
IMG_9915 (resized).jpgIMG_9915 (resized).jpg

#3834 2 years ago

I haven't looked, but was told the motor was there. Seller is always honest with me.
I do have the mounting plate, that was in the coin box.

#3835 2 years ago

Opened it up this morning, it would appear you are correct.
Missing the wheel itself, upper pulley, washers and E clip.
I opened it up and the lower pulley and motor are intact.
Marcos appears to have the pulley itself, so that would really leave me just needing the fishing reel itself, part number 03-8612.

#3836 2 years ago

I think I have a spare reel here, used one...if you need it or have problem sourcing one just let me know via PM.

#3837 2 years ago

Looks like I may have the reel handled because of a generous member. Thanks, Garrett.

So what are the must buys for a shop out of this pin?
Flippers feel good, regardless I have enough flipper parts on hand. (I always do the bushings)
Should have plenty of clear rubber at the house.
Hidden parts I'm going to find that need to be replaced?

Where do I get the insert decals? Looks like pinball spare parts in australia has the most compete set. My guess is I need as many as possible.

I'd love to just once not have to waste money on shipping from the same place twice on one build...

#3838 2 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Replace the belt for the reel. It is not included in the rubber kit and it will give reel errors if worn out.

#3839 2 years ago

Is there a Y Fork switch on this pin? (I've never seen it before on any pin) but there is parts to one in the coin box. I'll look and see if it's intact.

#3840 2 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Is there a Y Fork switch on this pin?

Switch 47, casters club ball popper.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1A-167

#3841 2 years ago

Which will most likely explain why it doesn't work and I couldn't figure out what I was looking at under the playfield. The fork broke off.
Thanks.

#3842 2 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Looks like I may have the reel handled because of a generous member. Thanks, Garrett.
Flippers feel good, regardless I have enough flipper parts on hand. (I always do the bushings)
Should have plenty of clear rubber at the house.
Hidden parts I'm going to find that need to be replaced?
Where do I get the insert decals? Looks like pinball spare parts in australia has the most compete set. My guess is I need as many as possible.
I'd love to just once not have to waste money on shipping from the same place twice on one build...

The brass actuator arm that knocks down the Casters Club drop target is often broken.

#3843 2 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

[quoted image]

Hi everyone,

On Joe's picture (above), the ramp next to the reel has a metal bracket with a lure decal on it. I'm missing the metal bracket and the lure decal on my fish tales.

Can anyone let me know what part number that metal bracket is? The name of that part? Or which section/heading the part number is in? I've checked the manual I printed off the internet, but there's no page 74/75. All the pages have numbers like 4-5, 7-38...

[Sorry for the rubbish picture - I can remove the back glass, but - hopefully - you should be able to see the part from here]

Missing bracket (resized).jpgMissing bracket (resized).jpg
#3844 2 years ago

Exploded pic of the reel assembly is on 2-27
The pic of that ramp is on 2-46
There is a unique parts list on 2-37 (not sure if it's on there)
Appears to be the switch cover for #35

I don't personally see a part number, but it's just a piece of stainless bent in a U shape.
When i do the tear down if nobody knows the part, i will make a flat template of it for you if necessary.

#3845 2 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

When i do the tear down if nobody knows the part, i will make a flat template of it for you if necessary.

Making a template would be helpful because I've found the part on Page 2-37 now. It's an #A-15404 (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15404), a reel enter ramp assembly.

However, I haven't managed to find one for sale...

#3846 2 years ago

screaminr well there ya go, it wasn't a figment of my imagination after all
This was the post i was thinking about
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1059-pinballtoys/03783-fish-tales-caster-switch-illuminated

#3847 2 years ago

Back in the club and couldnt help but make a decal to celebrate!

ft hat2 (resized).jpgft hat2 (resized).jpg
#3848 2 years ago

Lets agree on 'MAKE PINBALL GREAT AGAIN'. Welcome to the club!

#3849 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Lets agree on 'MAKE PINBALL GREAT AGAIN'. Welcome to the club!

Quoted from Pinstein:

Back in the club and couldnt help but make a decal to celebrate!
[quoted image]

No matter what side of the isle you identify with, I think the humor can be appreciated. Nicely done!

#3850 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

screaminr well there ya go, it wasn't a figment of my imagination after all
This was the post i was thinking about
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1059-pinballtoys/03783-fish-tales-caster-switch-illuminated

Good to see you weren't losing your mind
100 bucks + shipping , luckily I got mine for 7 bucks from Jaycar .
Now I just need someone smarter than me to wire it up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.