p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
FT1 (resized).jpg
fishtales sword (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 13.20.11 (resized).png
3ff3af1335f3cf0ab4ddec7bc6e817774e6da3b5 (resized).jpg
20240121_211414 (resized).jpg
20240121_211552 (resized).jpg

There are 5,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 112.
#3351 3 years ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

What is this hole for ?
[quoted image]

I asked my wife the same thing last night

But seriously, mine has the same thing.

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I asked my wife the same thing last night
But seriously, mine has the same thing.

Hahah that's gold.

#3353 3 years ago

Does anybody happen to have a part number for the machine screws that hold the catapult to the bottom of the playfield ? I have 2 wood screws (top and bottom holes) and then 2 empty holes in the center of the bracket with threaded inserts behind them. Thanks.

#3354 3 years ago

Also could I get a picture of how your catapult switch is wired up to compare ? My current one has no diode.

#3355 3 years ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

Does anybody happen to have a part number for the machine screws that hold the catapult to the bottom of the playfield ? I have 2 wood screws (top and bottom holes) and then 2 empty holes in the center of the bracket with threaded inserts behind them. Thanks.

Those screws are 8/32 SEMS screws. (The same ones holding the metal bar to the apron)

I don't think my switch is original, but the wires colors are good for sure.

20201027_061648 (resized).jpg20201027_061648 (resized).jpg20201027_062557 (resized).jpg20201027_062557 (resized).jpg
#3356 3 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

Those screws are 8/32 SEMS screws. (The same ones holding the metal bar to the apron)
I don't think my switch is original, but the wires colors are good for sure.[quoted image][quoted image]

Perfect thank you !

#3357 3 years ago

Does anyone have a playfield scan and/or outline file, or high res scans of the Fish Tales plastics they would be willing to share?

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Does anyone have a playfield scan and/or outline file, or high res scans of the Fish Tales plastics they would be willing to share?

I don't have a full set but i have some that I can send you.

#3359 3 years ago
Quoted from bbriese:

I don't have a full set but i have some that I can send you.

Anything would be helpful. As a FYI, I'm not really in search for the artwork, just a good scan were I can make out the edges so that I can create custom versions.

#3360 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Anything would be helpful. As a FYI, I'm not really in search for the artwork, just a good scan were I can make out the edges so that I can create custom versions.

Aren't the graphics for the virtual pinball version of the game high enough resolution?

#3361 3 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

Aren't the graphics for the virtual pinball version of the game high enough resolution?

I didn't think about searching to see what I can find VP wise for the playfield. Thanks for the tip.

For the plastics, I'm needing exact traces (don't really need/want the artwork), so VP assets wouldn't work.

#3362 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

nope it does not
I just tried and the fuc*** tilt switch never appears.
I am completely puzzled with this one, and as I am getting tired of it I just ordered a new MPU. Will report afterwards.

new MPU did not solve anything.
At least I have a spare one now just in case.

I am 100% lost here.

Nothing is acting weird in test, or in game except for this very specific issue....

#3363 3 years ago

Has anyone purchased the 3-D translite from pinball.com?, what do you think? Any chance someone has one laying around they want to resell?

#3364 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

Has anyone purchased the 3-D translite from pinball.com?, what do you think? Any chance someone has one laying around they want to resell?

I have the 3D translites on FT, WH2O and MM. FT is the only one I would buy again though as it is great. The other two are just okay.

#3365 3 years ago

Is my game missing a plastic here at the top of the boat? Anyone have an extra to sell?

9953AC33-5DA2-4246-A1CE-2AB6728D60CB (resized).jpeg9953AC33-5DA2-4246-A1CE-2AB6728D60CB (resized).jpeg
#3366 3 years ago

It sure is, but alas I don't have an extra. You should be able to locate one without too much trouble.

#3367 3 years ago

Hey all. Just joined the club and set up my Fish Tales. It appears that CPR does not have any plastic sets for sale. Does anyone have a spare plastic set?

20201111_220906 (resized).jpg20201111_220906 (resized).jpg
#3368 3 years ago

For those that have a Color DMD on their machine, there has been a firmware update listed on their website and is now version 4.2
https://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_colordmd.html

Update Description is >> Added color to fish finder, some attract mode frames including "Extra Ball At", and the volume indicator.
Happy Fishing

#3369 3 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Hey all. Just joined the club and set up my Fish Tales. It appears that CPR does not have any plastic sets for sale. Does anyone have a spare plastic set?
[quoted image]

I dont have a complete set but quite a few new pieces. Any pieces in particular you looking for ?

#3370 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

I have been tossing up between the 3D translite and the mirrored back glass .
Has anyone seen them in person and have any thoughts .

#3371 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I have been tossing up between the 3D translite and the mirrored back glass .
Has anyone seen them in person and have any thoughts

I have the 3D translite, actually won a signed one in a comp that Mario ran on Pinside and quite like it. I do have a mirrored BOP glass on that machine and it's also cool although there is some slight but noticeable variations in colour to the original BOP translite. Haven't seen the FT mirrored in person but i've heard there's the same slight colour variations i've just mentioned.

#3372 3 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Is my game missing a plastic here at the top of the boat? Anyone have an extra to sell?

You're missing the boat ramp plastic.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PR120

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3373 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I dont have a complete set but quite a few new pieces. Any pieces in particular you looking for ?

Looking for these... The most common broken ones I'm guessing

20201112_105021 (resized).jpg20201112_105021 (resized).jpg
#3374 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Looking for a Casters Club if you have one.

#3375 3 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Looking for these... The most common broken ones I'm guessing [quoted image]

Quoted from mIkea:

Looking for a Casters Club if you have one.

I will check and get back to you guys.

#3376 3 years ago

hard plays' time

2ball (resized).jpg2ball (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3377 3 years ago

Just picked up one yesterday.
Need assistance with Comet LED selection

Planning on using the following...
Backbox - 2smd warm white frosted
Inserts - 1smd clear color matched

What is the best recommendation for GI?

Thanks

#3378 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Thanks

#3380 3 years ago

I have cool white frosted in all my GI, looks bright and fresh!

#3381 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Planning on using the following...
Thanks

I would put 1smd in backbox. There are a ton of bulbs there and it gets way bright. I actually removed some bulbs in mine because it was so bright.

1smd color match is good choice for inserts imo. Use warm white for yellow and orange inserts, though. I sometimes use 2smd for large inserts and flex head bulbs for sockets mounted sideways or at angle.

I use 2smd frosted for gi. It's a personal preference but I like sunlight. Looks more natural than cool white and not as yellow as warm.

I also highly recommend ocd boards. It fixed the bad ghosting on my game and allows you to run fade effects.

#3382 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would put 1smd in backbox. There are a ton of bulbs there and it gets way bright. I actually removed some bulbs in mine because it was so bright.
1smd color match is good choice for inserts imo. Use warm white for yellow and orange inserts, though. I sometimes use 2smd for large inserts and flex head bulbs for sockets mounted sideways or at angle.
I use 2smd frosted for gi. It's a personal preference but I like sunlight. Looks more natural than cool white and not as yellow as warm.
I also highly recommend ocd boards. It fixed the bad ghosting on my game and allows you to run fade effects.

Thanks. How many SMD would you use for the flashers under the playfield?

Also, under the playfield is a hole that looks like it had a light in it at some point because I can see the screw hole above it. Can anyone check theirs to see if I’m missing something or it’s normal not to have anything there?
28C1FB02-BF1E-4D28-AC93-DB2C743A6828 (resized).jpeg28C1FB02-BF1E-4D28-AC93-DB2C743A6828 (resized).jpeg

#3383 3 years ago

Anyone know how to take out the star posts towards the right corner of the boat?

This is a pic from behind
E4E575A4-75DE-4A32-B3BF-5101CE0EF44F (resized).jpegE4E575A4-75DE-4A32-B3BF-5101CE0EF44F (resized).jpeg

#3384 3 years ago

All of the lower GI playfield lights are out,
I see a very slight chip on the J121 connector. Nothing burnt.

J120 is a different story. I don’t know what the hell happened here. What does J120 control?

08D36F82-F188-444C-B3A3-D17F4AEDFD7B (resized).jpeg08D36F82-F188-444C-B3A3-D17F4AEDFD7B (resized).jpegE3E658B5-3003-4795-A09A-875BF371B42E (resized).jpegE3E658B5-3003-4795-A09A-875BF371B42E (resized).jpeg
#3385 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a replacement for the long metal rail in the middle of boat?

The right one is missing

81B41AD3-9CEF-4618-AFC5-2AAC61BF47F2 (resized).jpeg81B41AD3-9CEF-4618-AFC5-2AAC61BF47F2 (resized).jpeg

#3386 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Anyone know how to take out the star posts towards the right corner of the boat?

You mean under the boat? The boat is not that hard to unplug and remove.

#3387 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Does anyone know if there is a replacement for the long metal rail in the middle of boat?

Marcospecialties sells wire stock to make wire ball guides. Search for any threads on making them.

#3388 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

J120 is a different story. I don’t know what the hell happened here. What does J120 control?

Playfield general Illumination (GI) connector. It is a common issue. That is called a .156 pitch type connector. Search for info on replacing J120 connector and header. Greatplainselectronics sells the parts.

#3389 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

All of the lower GI playfield lights are out,
I see a very slight chip on the J121 connector. Nothing burnt.
J120 is a different story. I don’t know what the hell happened here. What does J120 control?[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like they both had some shitty work done to them. If you aren't comfortable fixing that send it out to a professional.

#3390 3 years ago

Hoping someone can PLEASE help me...

Optos on real are working...

The first 2 balls lock in sweet..

In the 3rdball lock it doesnt line up right and that's when shit hits the fan with respect to me nudging the machine to try and get ball in , while the balls dont spit out properly...

It takes a while to spit out balls especially 3rd one sometimes never....

I really appreciate if someone can help as I had a tech guy over many times...?

Also the lm 339 opto board is working...

#3391 3 years ago

I would check that you have a good belt. I'd also check to make sure the mount for the reel itself isn't loose/wobbly, etc.

#3392 3 years ago

When 2 balls are in the lock, the reel is now heavier to spin. So most likely it causes the belt to slip, or where the reel mounts it has some play in it.

That's my semi educated guess after owning 2 Fish Tales machines.

#3393 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

In the 3rdball lock it doesnt line up right and that's when shit hits the fan with respect to me nudging the machine to try and get ball in , while the balls dont spit out properly...

Mine had a similar issue. When the reel spins, does it spin towards you, or away from you? Someone wired my reel motor backwards, and it worked ok, but had alignment issues. I tried every fix in the book and nothing helped. Then I played a friends machine and noticed his reel spun the opposite direction of mine. I reversed the motor wires, and bingo, perfect alignment. I had tried new belt, new optics, new pulleys, removed and reinstalled the wheel, etc... nothing helped. All along it was just spinning the wrong way.

#3394 3 years ago

That's hilarious..lol
Mine spins away from me..?
So I will tell my tech guy to reverse it..

I sincerely thank all of u for taking the time to give me your advice...

Thnx

#3395 3 years ago

Scribbles with the winner?
That's funny.
Never even considered polarity on the motor.

#3396 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

That's hilarious..lol
Mine spins away from me..?
So I will tell my tech guy to reverse it..
I sincerely thank all of u for taking the time to give me your advice...
Thnx

It should spin as if it would roll up the playfield if it could. Sounds like yours is probably o.k.

#3397 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

New belt will almost certainly fix this.

#3398 3 years ago

Mine spins away from me and works perfectly.

#3399 3 years ago

I saw a partial reply up above, but I'm a real newb when it comes to swapping out for LEDs and wanted to take advantage of the Comet Black Friday sale.

Does anyone have a recommended purchase list for changing over my FT to LEDs?

#3400 3 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I saw a partial reply up above, but I'm a real newb when it comes to swapping out for LEDs and wanted to take advantage of the Comet Black Friday sale.
Does anyone have a recommended purchase list for changing over my FT to LEDs?

You'd do well at minimum buying a 2x 100 pack of non-ghost 1 smd LED wedge frosted and a 100 pack 2smd bayonet cool white frosted.

The color temperature (cool white vs Sunlight vs warm white) is all a personal preference though. I really like the look of mine.
I color matched my inserts, but that's personal preference also. The Comet "purple passion" really make the purple inserts pop in the playfield!!

I buy enough to have enough LED's to completely swap out a pin if I buy one as it is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 169.00
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Herndon, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
There are 5,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/68?hl=tbaum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.