IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 113.
#3151 3 years ago

Manual - page 3-9

Drop Target Up Coil - Brown with orange stripe

Drop Target Down Coil - Brown with green stripe

The other lug on both coils - Violet with orange stripe

LTG : )

#3152 3 years ago

Anyone have a topper available or just the rubber fish

#3154 3 years ago

Thank you. Im going to put one together myself. Found a scan of the decal that goes behind the fish and cleaned it up but i dont know the dimensions.
Could someone measure the backboard that the fish attaches to? I would be very grateful.

#3155 3 years ago

The measurements of this piece is what im referring to.

FT topper board rear (resized).jpgFT topper board rear (resized).jpg
#3156 3 years ago

ebay.com link: Fish Tales pinball topper complete light board coil fish dome and back board

complete fish topper for sale on ebay....$999..........not mine

#3157 3 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

ebay.com link » Fish Tales Pinball Topper Complete Light Board Coil Fish Dome And Back Board
complete fish topper for sale on ebay....$999..........not mine

Thats what i paid for the machine... jk but close

#3158 3 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

The measurements of this piece is what im referring to.
[quoted image]

If you read back In thread, there’s been one or two posts about these measurements and they are there for sure! Good luck

#3159 3 years ago

$999 for a complete topper is an insane price
The only part of the topper that is probably hard to find is the light board at the base i would be guessing. The rest of the parts that incorporate the topper are easy to source and relatively cheap (apart from the dome and the fish itself of course)

#3160 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

(apart from the dome and the fish itself of course)

This one on eBay , from pinball spare parts Australia looks a bit dodgy , a lot more square than the original .

Screenshot_2020-06-29-20-31-12-50 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-06-29-20-31-12-50 (resized).png
#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

If you read back In thread, there’s been one or two posts about these measurements and they are there for sure! Good luck

Yup, board dimensions and alternate art for behind the fish were posted.

#3162 3 years ago

There is a topper for ungodly cash on ebay right now. FYI.

#3163 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yup, board dimensions and alternate art for behind the fish were posted.

I searched a bunch of terms for this info and couldnt find it. (i.e. topper, dimensions, backboard)
I did find the alternate decal for behind the fish. I tried to figure out how big the backboard is by the size of the image but i dont think its 100% accurate. I believe it is around 23" x 7.5"

#3164 3 years ago

Page back - scroll down.
Page back - scroll down.

Lather rinse repeat. Guaranteed, it’s all there. Sorry I don’t have dimensions available

Would have been good if it was a “notable post” by someone with the power

#3165 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Congrats pinballt another pinside is doing the same thing you are.
Here is the reflector for th top of the dome
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-20-9768
I owe dakinegamer dimensions I’ll post here for u as well here are some:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Here you go. Post #1400
Topper backboard dimensions.

#3167 3 years ago

Can someone post or send me a 1 : 1 scan of the plastic that is on the left of the playfield that sits below the reel? Mine is cracked and I dont have the missing piece. I want to laser cut some protective plastics for it.

Thanks in advance!
Rob

#3168 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Can someone post or send me a 1 : 1 scan of the plastic that is on the left of the playfield that sits below the reel? Mine is cracked and I dont have the missing piece. I want to laser cut some protective plastics for it.
Thanks in advance!
Rob

Ok, found some decent pics off ebay that I was able to scale to make it work. Now the question I have is: What is the small hole for in my cut acrylic? I checked the factory plastic off other pics and its there as well. It does not line up with anything unless my game has been altered? Can anyone shot me a pic of this same area so I can compare. Thanks!
IMG_0804 (resized).JPGIMG_0804 (resized).JPG

#3169 3 years ago

Here you go!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3170 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Here you go![quoted image]

Yep , I have the same on mine .

IMG_20200702_232904 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_232904 (resized).jpg
#3171 3 years ago

Thanks, Im sure I have a spare post around here somewhere. Also, if anyone has a used/new plastic that is not busted up that I can buy that would be great as well.

#3172 3 years ago

How does the fish on the topper attach to the board behind it?

#3173 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

One of the games I miss the most. If I ever see a perfect, unfaded, beauty I will buy it and keep it. Prefer it to games like TZ, TAF, MM, CV, TOM. Really is a classic 'one more go' type of game but enough in it for the better player - never did get that 100 mill jackpot!

Hello i have one for sale

#3175 3 years ago

Hey folks! I was lucky enough to pick up a fish tales pinball machine yesterday. Besides missing the sound board, it looks to be complete. A bit of an odd question, but can the game be played without the sound board? Will it still function, just without sound? Or will it not play at all? I will be looking into finding a sound board or pinsound board for it, but until I do, it would be neat to know if it will fire up and play ok without one, without doing any damage. Thanks!

#3176 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

can the game be played without the sound board?

I assume it would be OK to try, but asking in the DMD tech forum will get you a faster answer:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/tech-dot-matrix-games

#3177 3 years ago

Can't say I have tried it but seriously doubt you are going to hurt anything running without the sound board. Game will probably throw some errors but don't see why it would not play as long as the other boards work.

#3178 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Manual - page 3-9
Drop Target Up Coil - Brown with orange stripe
Drop Target Down Coil - Brown with green stripe
The other lug on both coils - Violet with orange stripe
LTG : )

Thanks! I'm slowly figuring this stuff out, this helped, along with the manual I ordered arriving. It was wired correctly, but the coil was stuck on. Was able to track down the right transistor to replace on the driver board using the schematics and fixed it. Woo! Getting really close to having this project game fully running again.

#3179 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I assume it would be OK to try, but asking in the DMD tech forum will get you a faster answer:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/tech-dot-matrix-games

Yes, you can play the game without the sound board. I've been pulling my soundboard in and out trying to fix it's scratchy sound and played the game without it a few times.

#3180 3 years ago

Picked up a Fish Tales a while ago, played it a bit, and have been meaning to do some work on it. Lifted the playfield to look at why I’m getting inconsistencies with the orbit gate...and I think I found the issue.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3181 3 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Picked up a Fish Tales a while ago, played it a bit, and have been meaning to do some work on it. Lifted the playfield to look at why I’m getting inconsistencies with the orbit gate...and I think I found the issue.
[quoted image]

Yeah, LOL, that would probably be the culprit. Sheeesh man, what are some people thinking? The good news is that 5 minutes and a bit of solder should fix you right up.

#3182 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yeah, LOL, that would probably be the culprit. Sheeesh man, what are some people thinking? The good new is that 5 minutes and a bit of solder should fix you right up.

Yep! I fixed it last night and it's now playing as it should.

#3183 3 years ago

I started on the diy topper today. Ive got most of the parts just need to get the coil mech assembly which is sold out so ill have to "customize" it.

20200710_230114 (resized).jpg20200710_230114 (resized).jpg20200710_225836 (resized).jpg20200710_225836 (resized).jpg
#3184 3 years ago

I am having a problem with my fish tales. Seems row 7 (control lights)(fish finder, long cast, port side, I and super jackpot) are lit when i start a game. They never go out even when I make the shot. I have check all of the diode and they are fine. Not sure what to check next. Any ideas. Maybe a board issue? Side note. When in attack mode they pulse and move around

#3185 3 years ago

HI guys this its my FT!

#3186 3 years ago

For those that were chasing the reel handle (left and right side) i spotted this just before
https://www.pinballlife.com/fish-tales-shooter-reel-left-and-right-metal-brackets.html
OR go for broke and get the whole assembly
https://www.pinballlife.com/fish-tales-fishing-reel-handle-assembly.html
Awesome to see these available again!!

#3187 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

For those that were chasing the reel handle (left and right side) i spotted this just before
https://www.pinballlife.com/fish-tales-shooter-reel-left-and-right-metal-brackets.html

Wow! So much for the crazy priced one that's been for sale. Seems like a great deal!

#3188 3 years ago

Awesome!!!!

#3189 3 years ago

I'm back in the club!!

Can anyone share their technique on repairing the spot directly below where the ball drops into both the left and right inlanes? The FT I just bought has some "high mileage" and I need "something" to fill in the craters. I was thinking maybe layers of super glue? Then touch up with some green? Thanks for any replies/suggestions

#3190 3 years ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

I'm back in the club!!
Can anyone share their technique on repairing the spot directly below where the ball drops into both the left and right inlanes? The FT I just bought has some "high mileage" and I need "something" to fill in the craters. I was thinking maybe layers of super glue? Then touch up with some green? Thanks for any replies/suggestions

Probably using a dropper with clear coat.

Read up on the vids playfield repair thread. It’s full of everything you need! It’s great.

#3191 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Thanks for posting this! My project Fish Tales is close to being redone and I was trying to decide what to do with the handle that was beat up and missing the plate around the cast button. $99 for a whole new assembly! Then I can toy with getting the one I pull plated some crazy color.

#3192 3 years ago

What rubber situation is supposed to be happening here? I replaced the existing old crumbling one with the same size, but this is too beefy, the new ball in play hits it and bounces over to the right flipper instead of heading down to the left flipper.

ft rubber (resized).jpgft rubber (resized).jpg
#3193 3 years ago

Second Fish Tales rubber question, I did these exactly like the ones I pulled and it creates a spot where the ball has gotten stuck multiple times by the pop bumper, how should these be? Longer ones across all the posts? Thanks!

ft rubber 2 (resized).jpgft rubber 2 (resized).jpg
#3194 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Second Fish Tales rubber question, I did these exactly like the ones I pulled and it creates a spot where the ball has gotten stuck multiple times by the pop bumper, how should these be? Longer ones across all the posts? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Here ya go. Straight from my manual.

20200715_225606 (resized).jpg20200715_225606 (resized).jpg
#3195 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Thanks for posting this!

Absolutely no worries!! I was excited as all get out to see the listing and i don't even need a new handle

#3196 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Second Fish Tales rubber question,

It should look like this:

IMG_8395 (resized).jpgIMG_8395 (resized).jpg

IMG_8394 (resized).jpgIMG_8394 (resized).jpg

#3197 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Here ya go. Straight from my manual.[quoted image]

Thanks! Yeah, I got a manual in the mail the weekend after I did the rubbers, but it was still hard to figure out from the diagram exactly how they were put in. Usually I buy a rubber kit and it comes with the map and it's simple, this time I did it with rubbers I had leftover by scratch. Which obviously failed me in two places. It's always a learning process

#3198 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

It should look like this:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed!! My game is about restored and is going to rock, thanks for your help.

#3199 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What rubber situation is supposed to be happening here? I replaced the existing old crumbling one with the same size, but this is too beefy, the new ball in play hits it and bounces over to the right flipper instead of heading down to the left flipper.
[quoted image]

I went ahead and put single rubbers on the two posts instead of just the one that spans the two. It's not matching the manual, but now I don't get any down the middle drains when the ball comes flying down the left orbit.

#3200 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

That's great news . They say they are black nickel , like the original . I'm not sure of the difference but I got mine chromed and it looks excellent .

IMG20200208214613 (resized).jpgIMG20200208214613 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/64?hl=hayrebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.