IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 112.
#3051 3 years ago

I did it ... I realized ... but it's still the same ... incredible ... I thought it was already solved ... but no

#3052 3 years ago
IMG-20200510-WA0087 (resized).jpegIMG-20200510-WA0087 (resized).jpeg
#3053 3 years ago

Solved Boys !! Arrange the iodine,
Reset the machine and voila ..

Thank you !!!

Added over 4 years ago:

Solved Boys !! Arrange the diode
Reset the machine and voila ..

Thank you !!!

#3054 3 years ago

My Diverter went haywire last night. Started clicking and resetting whenever a ball was staged to launch.

Now it does not open at all at launch / or when the Long Cast is lit.

Any ideas of where to start sussing the issue?

#3055 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Any ideas of where to start sussing the issue?

Tests - Switch Edge - does the switch work ?

Tests - Coils - does the diverter coil fire ?

Start by narrowing it down.

LTG : )

#3056 3 years ago

Diverter Coil is not firing in Test.

Switch Tests fine.

Guessing bad coil?

(Left Popper is also not firing in Test, now...hmmm)

Thanks.

#3057 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Guessing bad coil?

Ground the tab on the transistor that fires them. If it doesn't fire, then a break in wiring from transistor legs to the coil itself, not just the lugs.

If it fires, maybe ribbon cable from CPU to driver board or something on the board upstream from the transistor.

#3058 3 years ago

Locate Q 66 then ground it to anywhere?

I don't have a lot of experience with anything but simple mechs and stuff like repinning / reflowing and Battery Relocation when it comes to the boards.

So, if you wouldn't mind explaining the procedure as if you were teaching it to your dog...I would greatly appreciate it.

If not I am sure I can seaarch around and find instructions.

Thanks!

#3059 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

So, if you wouldn't mind explaining the procedure

If you had a jumper wire with an alligator clip on each end would help.

Clip one end to the metal tab on the top of the transistor. The other end, briefly touch to metal in the backbox. Like the metal back that all the boards are fastened to. Or the top of a screw securing the board to the big metal plate back there.

#3060 3 years ago

Can do. Thanks.

Q66 - Nothing
Q 48 - Pop Coil Fires

Thanks so much. I went ahead and ordered up a replacement coil for the diverter and will swap that one out (and rebuild my pops to sort the pop issue).

#3061 3 years ago

Q66 diverter - if new coil doesn't do it, you most likely have a broken wire from the driver board to it.

#3062 3 years ago

Again, thanks.

And I figure if I am gonna poke around down there, I might as well throw a fresh coil in while I am at it.

Until then I will have to rubberband that gate open!

#3063 3 years ago

Still in search of a topper!

#3064 3 years ago

Was chasing my tail this evening. I noticed the lowest of the 5 yellows lamps on stretch the truth billboard at the spinner was out sometimes during play, like a bulb/LED issue.

After some messing around, and realizing that the bulb went out when I spelled L-I-E, so I had to check the rules.

"Each time you spell LIE, the lowest value on the stretch the truth billboard is turned off." UGH, normal!

#3065 3 years ago

What's everyone doing to protect the middle boat plastic? (Captive ball)I have replaced it twice, bought the plastic protector that goes underneath. Still the corners tend to break off.

#3066 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

What's everyone doing to protect the middle boat plastic? (Captive ball)I have replaced it twice, bought the plastic protector that goes underneath. Still the corners tend to break off.

Same here. I bought a new one when I got my current game and installed the protector. Two weeks later, here comes the edge piece down the playfield with the ball. So pissed! I have tried leaving that screw a little loose and tightening it all the way down. Neither works

#3067 3 years ago

What if we made a clear plexi just a tiny bit bigger and put it under. I know they make one for that but Im talking thicker.

#3068 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

What if we made a clear plexi just a tiny bit bigger and put it under. I know they make one for that but Im talking thicker.

Not sure, but you would have to make sure those screws are long enough to grab thru it.

#3069 3 years ago

I used a couple of clear plastic washers to protect boat ramp plastic. So far so good.

#3070 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I used a couple of clear plastic washers to protect boat ramp plastic. So far so good.

Hmmm maybe the boat protector plastic plus washers?

#3071 3 years ago

Where did you get the clear washers? Marcos?

#3072 3 years ago

That's exactly what I did , after I got a new plastic I cut a bit of 3mm perspex at work and it's been perfect . ( a bit hard to see in the photo ) and the screws were fine . I got lazy and didn't cut the centre check out but you can hardly even see it , you would only know if you are looking for it , so I'm not too worried . Since doing it I've learned that you if you put a flame to the edge it will go clear .

IMG20200517235451 (resized).jpgIMG20200517235451 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200518_002306 (resized).jpgIMG_20200518_002306 (resized).jpg

#3073 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Nope, tried it, mine shattered quickly

#3074 3 years ago

I'm considering grinding off both sides to sit behind those posts. If I can get them even and smooth, it may have to do. I'm not gonna keep spending 30 bucks to replace that plastic and keep my fingers crossed.

#3075 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm considering grinding off both sides to sit behind those posts. If I can get them even and smooth, it may have to do. I'm not gonna keep spending 30 bucks to replace that plastic and keep my fingers crossed.

Don't grind anything , p.m. me your address and I'll make one for you , if you're interested .
( for free )

#3076 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Don't grind anything , p.m. me your address and I'll make one for you , if you're interested .
( for free )

Well, thank you, but one side is already broken off. I have glued it to the protector to keep it in place, but it still pops off once in a while.
Very nice of you to offer!

#3077 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Where did you get the clear washers? Marcos?

I know Titan has them in different sizes. They are not very thick but you could double up. I didn't know there was a plastic protector so used what I had. Who sales that?

I would use metal washers if broken plastics are that much of a problem. Be nice if Cliffy or someone made nice metal protector that fit in there nice. I would buy one.

#3078 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I know Titan has them in different sizes. They are not very thick but you could double up. I didn't know there was a plastic protector so used what I had. Who sales that?
I would use metal washers if broken plastics are that much of a problem. Be nice if Cliffy or someone made nice metal protector that fit in there nice. I would buy one.

Mine came with a metal one. I can’t seem to find it since I did my restore. If I can sniff it out somewhere I’ll post it

#3079 3 years ago

Using plastic washers and leave all the screws holding the boat plastic a little loose so the plastic can shift and absorb energy.

#3080 3 years ago

Anyone happen to have a new Fish Tales plastic set they'd be willing to sell? Or a lead on an available set would be appreciated. I've checked the major suppliers and haven't been able to find a set instock. Thanks!

#3081 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Marco's. There was a set of 5 or 6. The most common broken plastics. I want to say slings, the boat, the 2 water pieces on both sides of the boat.

#3082 3 years ago
Quoted from ghetoprobe:

Anyone happen to have a new Fish Tales plastic set they'd be willing to sell? Or a lead on an available set would be appreciated. I've checked the major suppliers and haven't been able to find a set instock. Thanks!

I bought the last one from coin taker a few months back. It was missing 1 major pieces and a couple of clear pieces. Maybe they will rerun the again soon

#3083 3 years ago
Quoted from ghetoprobe:

I have a partial set PM me if interested.

#3084 3 years ago

Thanks again for the help.

New Coil installed and we are back in business. Gate working as it should.

#3085 3 years ago
Quoted from ghetoprobe:

Perhaps reach out to PPS

http://www.planetarypinball.com/

I believe they might be doing a new run

#3086 3 years ago

I have a partial set PM me if interested.

Thanks very much for the offer. This game is in really bad shape and every single plastic is either scratched, cracked or warped. I'm going to need to find the entire set.

Quoted from RA77:

Perhaps reach out to PPS

Thanks for the suggestion. I reached out to PPS last week and was told they are hoping to have the Fish Tales plastics soon, but don't have an ETA. The search continues...

#3087 3 years ago

What is the consensus on side blades/side art... i have seen the tilt graphics one, but they are out of stock... any other options? Is it a worthwhile mod?

#3088 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

What is the consensus on side blades/side art... i have seen the tilt graphics one, but they are out of stock... any other options? Is it a worthwhile mod?

I have the Tilt Graphics blades. Love them. Worth the wait in my opinion. Or, perhaps you could find a set from a distributor. I ordered mine here on pinside, cant remember who though.

#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

I went with mirror blades and think they work really well and are worth it , but it's all a matter of what you like the most.

#3090 3 years ago

Hi folks,

New owner - really lovely Lenc Smith playfield with a typically faded but otherwise perfect cabinet. Bizarrely has no Mylar anywhere on the playfield, but that’s not my question.

The little square metal flap at the boat crossover is raised slightly causing the ball to ‘hop’. Has anyone solved this in an elegant way? Was considering just a piece of Mylar to stick it down!

Thanks!

35441440-E177-4149-BFAC-F5E944C79431 (resized).jpeg35441440-E177-4149-BFAC-F5E944C79431 (resized).jpeg
#3091 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Hi folks,
New owner - really lovely Lenc Smith playfield with a typically faded but otherwise perfect cabinet. Bizarrely has no Mylar anywhere on the playfield, but that’s not my question.
The little square metal flap at the boat crossover is raised slightly causing the ball to ‘hop’. Has anyone solved this in an elegant way? Was considering just a piece of Mylar to stick it down!
Thanks![quoted image]

I checked mine and I have that same screw in there. I was sure it would be a flat head but it is the same as yours. I think I would try adjusting the stand-ups that hold up the plastic ramps to see if maybe an adjustment there could tweak it so the flap sits level.

#3092 3 years ago

That should be riveted in all 4 positions.
Looks like yours might need a cleaning and a massage as well.

#3093 3 years ago

Hi folks,
Thanks![quoted image]

My metal piece is different to yours . I don't know if some double-sided tape under the flap might work ?

IMG20200523033949 (resized).jpgIMG20200523033949 (resized).jpg
#3094 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That should be riveted in all 4 positions.
Looks like yours might need a cleaning and a massage as well.

It has 4 rivets in it, but also an extra 2 holes which seem to be pointless.

This game also has a lit square cast button, which isn’t common if I understand things correctly?

#3095 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My metal piece is different to yours . I don't know if some double-sided tape under the flap might work ?
[quoted image]

Double side tape is a good idea, thanks.

#3096 3 years ago

Hi folks,
Thanks![quoted image]

Quoted from yzfguy:

I checked mine and I have that same screw in there. I was sure it would be a flat head but it is the same as yours. I think I would try adjusting the stand-ups that hold up the plastic ramps to see if maybe an adjustment there could tweak it so the flap sits level.

Just checked mine and mine has a flat headed screw and no extra holes. My flap sits nice and flat with no ball hop. Time to try adjusting and bending where necessary.

#3097 3 years ago

Any leads on playfields? I have a real beat up player's condition machine- I was going to slap down a decal and a playfield protector, but I kind of feel like with the work to get the protector on it's not *that* far away from just totally stripping it and replacing the playfield.

#3098 3 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Any leads on playfields? I have a real beat up player's condition machine- I was going to slap down a decal and a playfield protector, but I kind of feel like with the work to get the protector on it's not *that* far away from just totally stripping it and replacing the playfield.

Mirco. $999 with free shipping to USA and Canada. In stock.

#3099 3 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

I have a brand new CPR gold that I am not going to use now. If interested PM me.

#3100 3 years ago

Hi guys,

having an issue with mine;
the drop target latch was not wired.

I wired it, and now the coil that drops the target down is activating as soon as I switch the machine on. (I guess that's why the previous owner unplugged it...)
I changed the Q50 associated to it along with the diod; same issue.

Any idea?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.