IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 112.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

One ball save per ball is enough. Play better!
To answer your question I do not think there is a setting for that. You can however turn a short ball save on after a ball lock cast. The default setting for this is off.

I had not seen this option, thanks.

Peter

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

2) I have some lifting and cracking on my mylar, thinking of replacing it. Has anyone ever done this?

I peeled mine off by hand without any special tools (because it was late at night and I was annoyed that the ball would occasionally catch the edge of the mylar in the right orbit).

...and it lifted the insert decals right up with it.

So...don't do what I did.

PS - anyone want to sell me a partial set of decals? I need the two for the right orbit, and the set of three for the fish standups on the right side.

#253 9 years ago

Miss mine. Anyone have a FT in so. Cal?

#254 9 years ago

Is anyone getting the cpr playfield or thinking about it? My machine has the usual wear on the fish and the tackle box. There's really no need to get a whole new playfield, but yet I'm looking at the pre-order page twice a day

I guess my brain tells me that I'd never get that 800 bucks back if I ever sell the machine, but boy, wouldn't a new playfield just look great!

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from waveman:

Is anyone getting the cpr playfield or thinking about it? My machine has the usual wear on the fish and the tackle box. There's really no need to get a whole new playfield, but yet I'm looking at the pre-order page twice a day
I guess my brain tells me that I'd never get that 800 bucks back if I ever sell the machine, but boy, wouldn't a new playfield just look great!

Yeah, I'm on the list for a CPR playfield. I'm not worried about getting my money back, because it's not going anywhere.

#256 9 years ago

Got my project FT up and running reliably. I really like the topper, and the way it shakes the whole game. I did not expect that!

The video mode is cool as well, and I have never seen an extra ball in video mode. Don't want to miss that when it passes!

What a fun and fast game!

#257 9 years ago

I too look at the CPR preorder page regularly and just hover over the button!! Of all the playfields they've produced, I'm really surprised FT has dragged out as long as it has. FT is always heavily insert damaged, I know mine is.
I've considered insert decals but im put off by how bumpy it may make the pf. Has anyone tried them? Do they disturb the ball much? Id be interested to hear.

#258 9 years ago

Pretty frequently, the ball will get hung up balanced on the left inlane/outlane post. Seems like there must be a tiny lip at the edge of the inlane insert. What are my options for fixing that? Sanding it to make it more even? Would love some advice.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Got my project FT up and running reliably. I really like the topper, and the way it shakes the whole game. I did not expect that!
The video mode is cool as well, and I have never seen an extra ball in video mode. Don't want to miss that when it passes!
What a fun and fast game!

I get the extra ball all the time. As long as I hit a percentage of boaters the extra ball goes by for the kill. Perhaps your machine is set harder than mine.

#260 9 years ago

I put green rubbers on my FT, and I think its a huge improvement.

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah, I'm on the list for a CPR playfield. I'm not worried about getting my money back, because it's not going anywhere.

Thanks Jaybird and Sciddleybop. I'm still resisting the temptation, but my willpower is fading

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I get the extra ball all the time. As long as I hit a percentage of boaters the extra ball goes by for the kill. Perhaps your machine is set harder than mine.

I heard that it appears after you shoot 3 of each type (jetskis, speed boats, and big boats), but I haven't confirmed 100%. With a little practice, you should be able to get it every time.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I heard that it appears after you shoot 3 of each type (jetskis, speed boats, and big boats), but I haven't confirmed 100%. With a little practice, you should be able to get it every time.

I just went and played 5 games and as long as I hit 5 of anything in a row the EB came up.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I just went and played 5 games and as long as I hit 5 of anything in a row the EB came up.

Interesting...but even if you hit the first 5, it doesn't show up till towards the end of the round, correct?

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Interesting...but even if you hit the first 5, it doesn't show up till towards the end of the round, correct?

Yes ,I believe that to be correct.

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

I too look at the CPR preorder page regularly and just hover over the button!! Of all the playfields they've produced, I'm really surprised FT has dragged out as long as it has. FT is always heavily insert damaged, I know mine is.
I've considered insert decals but im put off by how bumpy it may make the pf. Has anyone tried them? Do they disturb the ball much? Id be interested to hear.

Im going to apply the decals next weekend, to hold me over until whenever the CPR is done. I'll report back on how it affects gameplay

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Sorry for the confusion. I often get the EB in video mode. I meant to write - I can't recall any other pin that awards an extra ball in video mode.

I read the EB will appear if you hit a certain number of targets, and the strategy if you miss the EB is to save your torpedoes and wait, and it will go by again as long as you don't run out of torpedoes or time.

Speaking of extra balls. I don't think I have ever hit the extra ball target on the playfield when it is lit. Tough shot!

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from slydog43:

I put green rubbers on my FT, and I think its a huge improvement.

On the flippers or everywhere? Lets see some pics!

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Speaking of extra balls. I don't think I have ever hit the extra ball target on the playfield when it is lit. Tough shot!

back-hand the shot w/the right flipper. It makes the shot pretty easy to get.

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I don't think I have ever hit the extra ball target on the playfield when it is lit. Tough shot!

Try cradling the ball with the right flipper, then backhand the extra ball target

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I can't recall any other pin that awards an extra ball in video mode

I can think of a few: Indiana Jones. Medieval Madness. STTNG.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I can think of a few: Indiana Jones. Medieval Madness. STTNG.

BSD and TOM as well

#273 9 years ago

And HS2 The Getaway... very hard to get though.

With FT the extra ball seems almost guaranteed.

I've owned this game for many years and never realised there was a reason EB came up, just always seemed to come up near the end, after 19 shots I will always save one for it.

#274 9 years ago

Yesterday I tested the extra ball target because I thought it didn't register, but it did.
With the ball in the shooter lane I hit the target a few times and noticed there are points added to the score, but the hits just don't make a sound.
I haven't tested it with extra ball lit, but then you can see you hit the target.

3 weeks later
#275 8 years ago

I don't know if this is frowned upon, so if it is, I apologize in advance. If any of you folks in the club are thinking of selling your FT, please keep me in mind. Looking for one in nice condition and willing to pay a fair price.

Thanks!

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I don't know if this is frowned upon, so if it is, I apologize in advance. If any of you folks in the club are thinking of selling your FT, please keep me in mind. Looking for one in nice condition and willing to pay a fair price.
Thanks!

Not frowned upon at all, but mines a "keeper" Good Luck in search there's a lot of them out there

2 weeks later
#277 8 years ago

I'd like to get the opinion from some of you "Casters"!

I've been looking for a while for a FT now....with not much luck. The Canadian dollar exchange is taking a shit kicking right now, which essentially rules out coming Stateside to pick one up. I've had an offer of an extremely nice copy for 5K Canadian, which equals approx 4K USD.

I know thats on the very high end for a FT, so would like some input from you folks who own the pin already. Would you pay 4K for a FT? Few pics attached. Here's what the seller has to say about it as well.

NOS PLAYFIELD - 8 COATS OF DUPONT CLEAR-SIGNED BY MARK
NEW BOAT RAMP
NEW DMD
NEW LEGS
TOTAL SHOP-REBUILD
SOME NEW PLASTICS
Nickle plated handle by Mike Chestnut
LED'S
VERY LITTLE FADE ON NICE ORIGINAL CAB
NICE TOPPER
WORKS 100%DSCF2875.JPGDSCF2875.JPGDSCF2876.JPGDSCF2876.JPGDSCF2878.JPGDSCF2878.JPGDSCF2880.JPGDSCF2880.JPGDSCF2890.JPGDSCF2890.JPG

#278 8 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I think FT is still an underrated machine, but I wouldn't pay $4k.

#279 8 years ago

You do not find many in that condition.

I would say 4k is cheap, but then again I have one in similar condition and have offers well over that.
A nice minimal fade with clearcoated pf is pretty rare and cant be compared to the players condition games of many folks.

I would say that 8 coats of clear is a bit concerning as the # of layers means nothing. The quality of the job is what matters.

4k is a solid price and FT is a fantastic game.

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Don't get me wrong, I think FT is still an underrated machine, but I still wouldn't pay $4k.

This guy is looking for $6k for his. But It is a beautiful restoration. Still would not pay $6k.
losangeles.craigslist.org link

#281 8 years ago

Rockin' the boat!image.jpgimage.jpg

#282 8 years ago

Yeah, I'm only speaking personally. I would rather have a players machine plus cash.

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I'd like to get the opinion from some of you "Casters"!
I've been looking for a while for a FT now....with not much luck. The Canadian dollar exchange is taking a shit kicking right now, which essentially rules out coming Stateside to pick one up. I've had an offer of an extremely nice copy for 5K Canadian, which equals approx 4K USD.
I know thats on the very high end for a FT, so would like some input from you folks who own the pin already. Would you pay 4K for a FT? Few pics attached. Here's what the seller has to say about it as well.
NOS PLAYFIELD - 8 COATS OF DUPONT CLEAR-SIGNED BY MARK
NEW BOAT RAMP
NEW DMD
NEW LEGS
TOTAL SHOP-REBUILD
SOME NEW PLASTICS
Nickle plated handle by Mike Chestnut
LED'S
VERY LITTLE FADE ON NICE ORIGINAL CAB
NICE TOPPER
WORKS 100%DSCF2875.JPG DSCF2876.JPG DSCF2878.JPG DSCF2880.JPG DSCF2890.JPG

I would rather buy a routed or a player's condition. With the difference you can get new pf from cpr, new plastics, new ramp, a color dmd and new decals and still save some money. If you don't feel to do the pf swap I guess 4k for a mint it is probably reasonable

#284 8 years ago

Thanks for the input/feedback everyone. I've decided to pass.

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

8 COATS OF DUPONT CLEAR

8 coats? Thats a lot. I would think you would have problems reattaching posts and any other through bolts with that many layers? Had a similar problem when I restored my SOF.

#286 8 years ago

Okay, the founding member of this club is proud to announce that he is BACK in, and casting like a madman

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Okay, the founding member of this club is proud to announce that he is BACK in, and casting like a madman

Welcome back!

#288 8 years ago

anyone have a lead for the thin right side boat plastic?

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Would you pay 4K for a FT?

If it's a lifetime keeper, the $4K cost shouldn't matter.

If you *might* want to get out of it in the future, then $4K will not likely be recouped, and you might want to accept that up front, if you are ok with that, then there's no issue.

I would assert that very few people would be willing to put $4K into a near-CQ FT, since $4K can buy you a lot of pin, and FT can be had in VG condition for ~$2200.

It doesn't mean you can't sell it at $4K, it just means you may need *considerable time* to fish for finding another guy like you, and is that ok with you? Be prepared to sell it for $3000 in a pinch. If that's ok with you, then go for it.

It's only worth $4K to the venn diagram of:

1. People who WANT a near-CQ FT
2. People who don't prefer other titles in the $4K range
3. People willing to spend $4K on a pin

That's quite a tiny target to hit. If you accept that going in, there should be no problem.
-mof

#290 8 years ago

Got the set of left and right for $20 here at little shop of games. I only needed the right as well, but the paint was messed up on my left plastic so I splurged -

http://ns8313.hostgator.com/~gameshop/product/fish-tales-water-plastic-set/

#291 8 years ago

I'll check if I have an extra.

#292 8 years ago

Oh you got one on there, eh?

#293 8 years ago

Looks great. I've been meaning to get stuff plated, but Mike Chestnut isn't taking any new orders right now for plating. Does anyone have any other guys they would recommend?

#294 8 years ago

Just joined the club. I'm ordering a new rubber kit & I'm unsure what size I need for the Lightning Flippers. Thanks for the help.

#295 8 years ago

Also. Do you guys leave your fish "on" so it flaps it's tale? It is sort of annoying, just curious what the consensus is in the group. Can it be turned off in the 'Menu" or just unplug it?

#296 8 years ago

Normal size flipper rubbers work fine on the Lightning flippers, not sure if you can turn the fish off in settings but the connector is easily accessible behind the light panel

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Also. Do you guys leave your fish "on" so it flaps it's tale? It is sort of annoying, just curious what the consensus is in the group. Can it be turned off in the 'Menu" or just unplug it?

drop dean foam on the fish coil tip and kicker plate is my prefferred option. It deadens it but does not take away the effect.

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

drop dean foam on the fish coil tip and kicker plate is my prefferred option. It deadens it but does not take away the effect.

Snow, What's "drop dean foam"? I've never heard of it.

#299 8 years ago

drop dead foam

sorry, I can't type

stuff like this
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=131

high density foam with sticky tape on one side

#300 8 years ago

I installed a cheap toggle switch behind the topper and I can turn the flapping tale off and on easily. I keep it off when I'm playing and 'saving' it for visitors. That's when I turn it on. It's easy to work back there. I installed 5 extra flasher lamps behind the fish (blue LED's) and it throws a magnificent light show on the ceiling and wall. Easy to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 169.00
12,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.