Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
20240406_211505 (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 112.
#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Some owners don't like the splash decal mod since they block the view of the lanes and pops.

They must be short I guess?

I have a hard time seeing the Fish Finder Lamp.

#2802 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback about the decals.

After a year of delay my FT is finally coming together.
I have to replace the clear crossover ramp and thought the decals would be a cool addition.
A new ramp is on the way, unless I can source decals down under I might end up leaving stock.

Some rebuild pics,
Don't laugh at my muddy river bottom, haha, I thought the mahogany lacquer to seal to base was a good idea at the time, lol

After 1 year of stuffing around trying to get cab perfecto, I'm looking forward to powering up this bad boy tomorrow

20200118_161627 (resized).jpg20200118_161627 (resized).jpg20200118_161634 (resized).jpg20200118_161634 (resized).jpg20200127_120418 (resized).jpg20200127_120418 (resized).jpg20200127_133449 (resized).jpg20200127_133449 (resized).jpg20200129_192816 (resized).jpg20200129_192816 (resized).jpg
#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

The rom file with the EXTRA BALL text adjusted is now on the ipdb.
It is PinMame Romset D6.
This file also has the led ghosting fix in place.

Excellent - thanks for this ROM. Is this a home only ROM or does it allow for coin play too?

#2804 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Some owners don't like the splash decal mod since they block the view of the lanes and pops.

Yeah, not a big fan. I see the ramp being clear for a reason. It's to see what's underneath and behind. The decals also make things look too busy.

#2805 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

They must be short I guess?

I'm 6 foot 5 and they definitely get in the way of seeing the top lanes for me , and getting x bonus is a big part of the game . In my opinion they also look tacky . Give me clear ramps any day . But each to their own , you can do whatever you want with your game .

#2806 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm 6 foot 5 and they definitely get in the way of seeing the top lanes for me , and getting x bonus is a big part of the game .

The Lights (to spell 'LIE') are on the Backboard and the view of the lanes isn't obstructed.

I have never understood what more people are hoping to see, really.

#2807 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The Lights (to spell 'LIE') are on the Backboard and the view of the lanes isn't obstructed.
I have never understood what more people are hoping to see, really.

This is the view that I see , if you have the decals on the ramps how are you going to see which lane the ball is going to go down and the lights for LIE on the backboard are not going to help you with that .

IMG_20200202_034635 (resized).jpgIMG_20200202_034635 (resized).jpg
#2808 4 years ago

Weird, I can see my lanes without a problem. Never have an issue with rolloves.

#2809 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Weird, I can see my lanes without a problem. Never have an issue with rolloves.

I haven't seen those decals / stickers before , so I went to my machine turned it on and took a photo from my playing position and for ME they would definitely block the view of the top lanes . If they don't bother you that's all good

#2810 4 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Excellent - thanks for this ROM. Is this a home only ROM or does it allow for coin play too?

It's a regular rom file.

#2811 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Don't laugh at my muddy river bottom, haha, I thought the mahogany lacquer to seal to base was a good idea at the time, lol

I like the idea of decorating the interior of the cabinet. Sometimes I think I spend more time looking at the inside of a cabinet than the cabinet decals. FT might be an exception, though - I redid the cabinet decals summer ‘18 so I still look at those a lot.

#2812 4 years ago

Sunset red inside my cab, looks pretty sweet.

FDD304E6-9BD7-4DE9-AF09-31A4A7E368C7 (resized).jpegFDD304E6-9BD7-4DE9-AF09-31A4A7E368C7 (resized).jpeg
#2813 4 years ago

Does anyone have a BOM and/or other photos or info that might help me make my own MonsterfishMOD? I have the figurine but have no idea how it was modified or what parts are used to make it function. I know there’s a replacement light socket required (or custom fab?) that has tabs to allow for the eye lights to get connected on the circuit for the insert but what lights are used and how is it mounted etc?

#2814 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Does anyone have a BOM and/or other photos or info that might help me make my own MonsterfishMOD? I have the figurine but have no idea how it was modified or what parts are used to make it function. I know there’s a replacement light socket required (or custom fab?) that has tabs to allow for the eye lights to get connected on the circuit for the insert but what lights are used and how is it mounted etc?

I made one over the weekend. I used 2 Flickering 3mm LEDs. Drilled holes in his eyes and glued them in. I wired the to a comet matrix blub. Just plugged it in the socket behind the stand up targets on the left. You could hard wire it to the lamp board if you wanted it flash when monster fish insert is lit. I just went the easier way with Flickering leds.

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I made one over the weekend. I used 2 Flickering 3mm LEDs. Drilled holes in his eyes and glued them in. I wired the to a comet matrix blub. Just plugged it in the socket behind the stand up targets on the left. You could hard wire it to the lamp board if you wanted it flash when monster fish insert is lit. I just went the easier way with Flickering leds.

What voltage? looks like Amazon has a ton of options.

#2816 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

What voltage? looks like Amazon has a ton of options

If you are plugging into GI or controlled inserts it will be 5V, flashers are always 12V.

#2817 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

If you are plugging into GI or controlled inserts it will be 5V, flashers are always 12V.

Everything on Amazon is 3v. if I wire that into the 5v insert circuit, will it overload and blow a 3v LED?

https://www.amazon.com/JABINCO-Circuit-Assorted-Science-Experiment/dp/B0827KYRFH/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

#2818 4 years ago

Get one of these and place it in the monster fish socket and attach proper leads and it will be like the ones that were for sale.Just a thought...

lamp socket with tabs (resized).pnglamp socket with tabs (resized).png
#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Everything on Amazon is 3v. if I wire that into the 5v insert circuit, will it overload and blow a 3v LED?

Yes, you have to add a resistor in series. Usually those 3mm diodes come with a reference table explaining with X voltage, use Y size resistor.

#2820 4 years ago

I like that plug. That would work well.

I just got these off of Ebay. Already made up with resistors and all of that.

Screenshot_20200206-223244_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200206-223244_eBay (resized).jpg
#2821 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yes, you have to add a resistor in series. Usually those 3mm diodes come with a reference table explaining with X voltage, use Y size resistor

Correct, and the resistor value is 510 ohms (1/4W). This resistor value will work with up to 12V input. I've used these myself on 3mm Led's which depending on colour can range in voltage value i might add. White/Blue/Green are usually rated at about 3V while colours like Red/Yellow are slightly less value at for example 2.2V etc.

Jon9508 Those pre wired types are fine unless there is some tension/stress on the wires, the leg of the resistor is tacked straight onto the leg of the diode and in a very poor way. If there will be any possibility of stress on the wire then it's better to buy the resistors yourself and solder it onto the wire further down from the diode.

#2822 4 years ago

Can anyone help with part # for this plastic please ? Any suppliers ?

Mine is missing

I think it may be the one that is circled ? I can't make out the number ?

20200207_184238 (resized).jpg20200207_184238 (resized).jpgFT Plastics (resized).JPGFT Plastics (resized).JPG
#2823 4 years ago

I have a set of used plastics i am about to post. I am pretty sure that on e is in there. Its yellowed though. Most distributors haven't had any sets in for a while

#2824 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I think it may be the one that is circled ?

I took a quick peek with the glass on and it appears to go there, but its pretty hard to see it. The yellowed one mentioned in the post above should work, since that is a part the player never sees. FYI - there were some posts a few years ago about removing yellowing.

#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Get one of these and place it in the monster fish socket and attach proper leads and it will be like the ones that were for sale.Just a thought...[quoted image]

don't you mean something like this? its a twist bulb socket but also has the .250" quick disconnect tabs for connecting other things.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/JKL-Components/2933T?qs=6YhTptf0WO36TDGY3T%252BGOw%3D%3D

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

don't you mean something like this? its a twist bulb socket but also has the .250" quick disconnect tabs for connecting other things.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/JKL-Components/2933T?qs=6YhTptf0WO36TDGY3T%252BGOw%3D%3D

Yes ,more or less. The one I pictured was from Marco's...

#2827 4 years ago

Still on the lookout for a Fish Tales Topper!

#2828 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

One for sale on Ebay in Australia for $140au.
Aussie dollar is sitting around 67us cents.

#2829 4 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Are you talking about the topper domes for sale? A complete topper goes for about $500usd.

Edit..
I do see a shooter reel handle for sale there. Lots have owners are searching high and low for one of those.

#2830 4 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Don't see the topper

#2831 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Think you just missed one here - might be worth chasing in case it didn't sell

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/fish-tales-topper.45045/

#2832 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Think you just missed one here - might be worth chasing in case it didn't sell
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/fish-tales-topper.45045/

I'll make an account! I've never heard of pinballinfo but will check it out. I appreciate you keeping an eye out!

#2833 4 years ago

Still there, page 4.
If I wasn't so retarded I could share the link!
Brand new.
The shooter handles are second hand and not originals.

#2834 4 years ago

Ahhh - Fresh Flipper Rebuild on the old Fish Tails.

Happy Day.

#2835 4 years ago

Joined the club a few weeks ago.
Before and after play field pics
IMG_6535 (resized).jpgIMG_6535 (resized).jpgIMG_6537 (resized).jpgIMG_6537 (resized).jpg

IMG_6550 (resized).jpgIMG_6550 (resized).jpg
#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Joined the club a few weeks ago.
Before and after play field pics

Welcome to the Caster's Club. Such a fantastic machine.

#2837 4 years ago

Question - when the game first powers up, I get this on the screen. According to the manual, this machine has an issue if this massage pops up.

Is this correct? What issue? Or is this just a standard startup message?

I'll run it through the diagnostics to check each coil, switch, lamp - later tonight, but thought I'd ask some experienced "fishermen" (or fisherwomen??)

Thanks for the help!

Screen Shot (resized).jpegScreen Shot (resized).jpeg
#2838 4 years ago

The game will tell you what the error is when you open the door and enter the service menu. Could be anything from set the clock, to a switch error, to a ball missing..you won’t know until you enter.

#2839 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Question - when the game first powers up, I get this on the screen. According to the manual, this machine has an issue if this massage pops up.
Is this correct? What issue? Or is this just a standard startup message?
I'll run it through the diagnostics to check each coil, switch, lamp - later tonight, but thought I'd ask some experienced "fishermen" (or fisherwomen??)
Thanks for the help![quoted image]

Generally, if you press the setup button at that stage it should instantly show you in the display what the errors are. Another to check is date and time.

When the game is fully booted up, do you have a “credit dot” after the credits or free play wording?

#2840 4 years ago

Could even be that your batteries are dead.

#2841 4 years ago

Game is set to Free Play. NVram installed Once home I'll check the Service Menu and see what comes up.

Thanks!

#2842 4 years ago

Date & Time are not set tho? Could that be it?

#2843 4 years ago

Yup

#2844 4 years ago

aha! Thanks!

#2845 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Game is set to Free Play. NVram installed Once home I'll check the Service Menu and see what comes up

It would give you the time/date message if you have just recently swapped to using the NVram. It is worth noting that most NVram's (certainly the ones i've used) don't keep accurate time and date anyway.

#2846 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It is worth noting that most NVram's (certainly the ones i've used) don't keep accurate time and date anyway.

Yup, thats normal. The batteries power the RAM and the clock circuit. With non Volatile RAM, the settings and scores in RAM stay forever, but the clock stops when the power is off.

#2847 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Can anyone help with part # for this plastic please ? Any suppliers ?
Mine is missing
I think it may be the one that is circled ? I can't make out the number ?[quoted image][quoted image]

Still seeking part # for missing plastic ?
Anyone see the number there ?

#2848 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry, just pulled out my plastics and don't have that one.
And where the part is it is just about impossible to see.

20200222_142023 (resized).jpg20200222_142023 (resized).jpg
#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Just pulled the glass off and took a couple of pictures for you but no joy!
That's me done.

20200222_143048 (resized).jpg20200222_143048 (resized).jpg20200222_143136 (resized).jpg20200222_143136 (resized).jpg
#2850 4 years ago

Awesome, King-pin

Thanks for your efforts

at least I know its a clear plastic that does exist would be cool to find the number so doctor Google could help me track one down.

Interesting to see the double rubbers, I see provision for this on the posts. I wonder if double rubbers were intended all along ?

Perhaps it changes the dynamic of the ball ? as you can see in my pic I only installed single.

Got me thinking though, Cool, Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 169.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/57?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.