IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
20240406_211505 (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 112.
#2751 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Just wondering if Pinsound has a good mix for FishTales ?

Great question! Anybody have one in their game?

#2752 4 years ago

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Rolling backflip sure, but from a dead cradle, no fn way. Maybe fluke it once in 100 somehow. But it's def not normal imo from every fishtales I've played. My GC is 3.8bill, zero cradled CC's. Also Merry Fn xmas everyone!

It's def possible on my FT. I have done it plenty of times , did it earlier today. It's a super tight shot .... I don't make it every attempt ....but it can be done.

#2754 4 years ago

Anyone have a monster fish mod. Laying around?

#2755 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

It's def possible on my FT. I have done it plenty of times , did it earlier today. It's a super tight shot .... I don't make it every attempt ....but it can be done.

Spot on . I get half my lock balls that way . I don't look up , I just look at the middle of the beer can at the bottom of the sling .

#2756 4 years ago

Very weird, my high score is 3.9billion, I know what I'm doing lol. I can never backhand it on my game from a straight cradle, it would make the game way too easy I would think.

I guess I'll have to try it on mine some more, I just always assumed it was impossible so haven't attempted it a ton, the angle seems impossible on mine. Hitting the extra ball standup is as close as I can get from a straight cradle.

#2757 4 years ago

Found this in one of the rulesets, so I guess it depends on the machine.

"The most important shot to master (and the one that needs the most practice) is the Caster's Club. If you can get it down, then you'll do very well. Of course the captive ball and Long Cast are very important in conjunction as well. There are several machines around that let you backhand the Caster's Club from the right flipper. The only machine that I've been able to do this on so far is a PAPA tournament machine."

#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Found this in one of the rulesets, so I guess it depends on the machine.
"The most important shot to master (and the one that needs the most practice) is the Caster's Club. If you can get it down, then you'll do very well. Of course the captive ball and Long Cast are very important in conjunction as well. There are several machines around that let you backhand the Caster's Club from the right flipper. The only machine that I've been able to do this on so far is a PAPA tournament machine."

That's weird I just assumed it was one of the shots you can do . I didn't know you could shoot off the right post on the centre boat into the Casters Club , I'll have to give that a try .

#2759 4 years ago

I can't backhand that on my FT, with the bottom of the flippers aligned with the roll pins like normal. Next time I am messing with the flippers, I will set them a little higher and give it a try. Pretty sure flipper angle would affect this.

#2760 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I can't backhand that on my FT, with the bottom of the flippers aligned with the roll pins like normal. Next time I am messing with the flippers, I will set them a little higher and give it a try. Pretty sure flipper angle would affect this.

I'm wondering if the exact position of the sling post or even thickness of rubber could come into play - could be talking just 1 or 2 mm of variance to allow the shot. Not all playfields are gonna be drilled EXACTLY mm perfect/the same.

#2761 4 years ago

Backhanding the lock is near impossible on mine. My flippers are aligned to the pins and freshly rebuilt with correct coils. Maybe it has something to do with rubber used. I use stock red rubber. I've done it a few times on accident but never when I actually tried. Prefer it that way because game would be too easy if you could. It's much more satisfying to get dialed in to the shot using the left flipper. Love hitting that shot off a plunge and feel it thunk into the scoop.

#2762 4 years ago

Someone mentioned bouncing off the boat rubber. I’ve had better luck doing that honestly.

#2763 4 years ago

Hey langless28. That game used to be able to backhand the caster club shot at a 85-90% and I prob averaged 2-3 Multiballs per game. Once I replaced it with new flipper mechs it was no longer possible (5% shots would go in) and like stated, learned to ricochet off boat rubber I thought it played much harder and left it like that as I remember reading that you should not be able to backhand that shot.

Hope the game is treating you well.

M

#2764 4 years ago

after the many fish tales restorations.......does anyone have these plastics left over......new? or nice used?

ftplastics (resized).jpgftplastics (resized).jpg
#2765 4 years ago

Regarding the debate on 'reel belt vs regular rubber'

My FT when I got it had a thin black rubber belt much like the ones used on F14 topper lamps. Anyway it was sometimes slipping, mis aligning. I tried replacing with regular rubber - had same problems. I then replaced with the original style belt. Works perfect.

I know people have theirs working with rubber. In fact I had a FT years ago which worked perfectly well with a regular rubber ring.

But I'm in the original belt style camp now. It only cost a few $ .

#2766 4 years ago

Where can I find the g-5 rom. Cant seem to find it with Google. I did find a link but it was no longer active.

#2768 4 years ago

Thank you. I was thinking it was the top one. But wasn't a 100% sure.

#2769 4 years ago

If you are looking for the version with the EXTRA BALL text adjusted, you need to have version D-6.
The file also has the LED ghosting fix in place.
I've uploaded a copy to the ipdb, but it will take some time before it's up there.
For now I've send you a PM for the file.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

#2770 4 years ago

Put in the lighted pinball mods speaker panel tonight. Chuck is a great guy to deal with and this thing looks pretty slick!
The panel itself and the speaker lights are on separate strips, so you can dim/brighten and change their colors independently.

IMG_20200117_174201707 (resized).jpgIMG_20200117_174201707 (resized).jpgIMG_20200117_174214964 (resized).jpgIMG_20200117_174214964 (resized).jpgIMG_20200117_174219446 (resized).jpgIMG_20200117_174219446 (resized).jpg
#2771 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Put in the lighted pinball mods speaker panel tonight. Chuck is a great guy to deal with and this thing looks pretty slick!
The panel itself and the speaker lights are on separate strips, so you can dim/brighten and change their colors independently.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome.

Where is that panel from ?

#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Looks awesome.
Where is that panel from ?

Lightedpinballmods. com $230 USD
Looks really good I'll get one when I have the money

#2773 4 years ago

These pics were posted on the Rick and Morty thread . The decals are printed directly on the cabinet looks awesome .

IMG_20200118_233758 (resized).jpgIMG_20200118_233758 (resized).jpg
#2774 4 years ago

I just got a CPR Fish Tales mirrored Backglass for Christmas and it doesn’t seem to fit the original trim which was used on the translite. One of the side trim pieces cracked a tiny bit when I tried to put it on the new backglass so I stopped and put the translite back on the machine. I emailed CPR and they told me they used to use 3mm glass but have upgraded to 4mm for production to avoid warping. I measured and I got 4mm glass, which is thicker than the translite glass and thinner than 3/16” glass.
Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?
I’m considering buying 3/16” trim & lift channel and using friction tape on the molding to decrease the size and make it fit better. Or could I use System 11 trim? I don’t know how wide that is. Or would using a heat gun on the current trim to soften it up work? To be honest I’m not a big fan of the idea of forcing the old trim since my current side trim tried to split when I tried to install it on Christmas.
Thanks for your help,
Tina

#2775 4 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

I just got a CPR Fish Tales mirrored Backglass for Christmas and it doesn’t seem to fit the original trim which was used on the translite. One of the side trim pieces cracked a tiny bit when I tried to put it on the new backglass so I stopped and put the translite back on the machine. I emailed CPR and they told me they used to use 3mm glass but have upgraded to 4mm for production to avoid warping. I measured and I got 4mm glass, which is thicker than the translite glass and thinner than 3/16” glass.
I’m considering buying 3/16” trim & lift channel and using friction tape on the molding to decrease the size and make it fit better. Or could I use System 11 trim? I don’t know how wide that is. Or would using a heat gun on the current trim to soften it up work? To be honest I’m not a big fan of the idea of forcing the old trim since my current side trim tried to split when I tried to install it on Christmas.
Thanks for your help,
Tina

Discussed in the CPR Backglass thread.
Solution is the System 11 Trim, Pinballlife has it.

#2777 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Discussed in the CPR Backglass thread.
Solution is the System 11 Trim, Pinballlife has it.

Thank you!

#2778 4 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

Thanks for your help,
Tina

For how much that back glass costs it should come with the trim .

#2779 4 years ago

I've uploaded a copy to the ipdb, but it will take some time before it's up there.

It's there.

I make the offer that if someone on pinside or RGP wants to share a File by submitting it to the IPDB such that you'd like it to show up there pretty quick to facilitate a discussion you are having, go ahead submit it the normal way but also drop me an email with something catchy for a Subject line like, say, "FishTales ROM to share on pinside" where I don't have to actually open the email to see the request, put there as a way to get my attention to its timeliness, and I'll work it next in line.

I can do that.

#2780 4 years ago

The rom file with the EXTRA BALL text adjusted is now on the ipdb.
It is PinMame Romset D6.
This file also has the led ghosting fix in place.

#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

The rom file with the EXTRA BALL text adjusted is now on the ipdb.
It is PinMame Romset D6.
This file also has the led ghosting fix in place.

I need this D6 chip!
Who can burn these and mail me one, gladly pay for the service.
Once I have rom, I can help get it colored for Colordmd. However, I don't even know yet if this affects any animations.

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I need this D6 chip!
Who can burn these and mail me one, gladly pay for the service.
Once I have rom, I can help get it colored for Colordmd. However, I don't even know yet if this affects any animations.

I'd buy one.

#2783 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'd buy one.

I just ordered one from Astill 2 days ago after reading this forum page. I've bought a few ROMs from him over the years, highly recommended.

#2784 4 years ago

Finally got the new backglass installed and it looks fabulous.

20200125_120549 (resized).jpg20200125_120549 (resized).jpg20200125_120539 (resized).jpg20200125_120539 (resized).jpg
#2785 4 years ago

hi fishermen! Im about to start working on a friends Fishtales that has some flipper issues with the EOS switches not registering to cut off high power and the fuse keeps blowing, can someone please post pictures of the flipper wiring so I have a good place to start?

#2786 4 years ago

I have this one from when I replaced mine. May help if no one else gets to there machine by the time you need it. No longer have mine so this is only what I can provide.

811C289D-62AF-4CAC-AA14-D49C6A70DD2F (resized).jpeg811C289D-62AF-4CAC-AA14-D49C6A70DD2F (resized).jpeg
#2787 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

I have this one from when I replaced mine. May help if no one else gets to there machine by the time you need it. No longer have mine so this is only what I can provide.[quoted image]

Thank you!

#2788 4 years ago

My fish has dark and rich colours , alot of fish I have seen look very pale . I have seen some dark aftermarket fish , but back in the day was it just potluck what your fish looked like . What does your fish look like , if you can be bothered post a pic .

IMG20200128205123 (resized).jpgIMG20200128205123 (resized).jpgIMG20200128205144 (resized).jpgIMG20200128205144 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_210619 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_210619 (resized).jpg
#2789 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My fish has dark and rich colours , alot of fish I have seen look very pale .

I have noticed that the fish looks washed out when color LED like blue and green are used in the topper and it looks better with white LED which lets you see all the colors of the fish clearly. Maybe that is why some look different?

#2790 4 years ago

Are these "splash decals" available anywhere ?

splash (resized).jpgsplash (resized).jpg
#2791 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Are these "splash decals" available anywhere ?[quoted image]

Treasure cove pinball. You can't really tell in the pics, but there is purple on the edges in the design. Took me a bit to get used to.

#2792 4 years ago

Actual pic...
15805036400791307191608958362419 (resized).jpg15805036400791307191608958362419 (resized).jpg

I wasn't thrilled with the purple, but I guess I'm used to it now.

#2793 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I wasn't thrilled with the purple, but I guess I'm used to it now.

Crazy.

I had no idea the Purple was even on there until I read your post!

Just went and looked at my FT, and damn - you are right.

#2794 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Crazy.

Are those decals stock?

#2795 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Crazy.

I don't care for the purple, but I like the splash decals and my last fishtales had them (without the purple) a few years ago, so it looked naked to me without them. I tolerate the non matching purple.

No, they aren't stock, it's a "mod" sorta.

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I tolerate the non matching purple.

Moster Fish Inserts and the Fish Finder in the Boat are Purple.

Doesn't really stand out at all. Definitely not to me.

#2797 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Moster Fish Inserts and the Fish Finder in the Boat are Purple.
Doesn't really stand out at all. Definitely not to me.

Cool. Having had the correct color first, as soon as I opened the envelope I said "WTF is this purple supposed to be?"

#2798 4 years ago

I suppose a guy could get out the old exacto knife and remove it?

(Before you install it.)

#2799 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I suppose a guy could get out the old exacto knife and remove it?
(Before you install it.)

I didn't want to waste it if I didn't like the look. I'm thinking that would ruin the straight lines of the edge and look "messy". Or it might look really cool. If I had a spare if try it, but I didn't wanna buy two.

#2800 4 years ago

Some owners don't like the splash decal mod since they block the view of the lanes and pops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 169.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.