IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 113.
#2701 4 years ago

Just read about it , looks as though it only works with physical aspects of the game and not the actual programming code for the game , so I don't think my ideas for it would work .

#2702 4 years ago

It definitely wouldn’t work in video mode. I just dropped one in my AFM original, and just having the ability to have a shaker is awesome. I have it currently set to trigger when the plunger fires, slingshots fire, gate is dropped, flasher going off I’m the saucer, and the 4 Martians. Tons of options and can also control the intensity. I think I’m going to get one for White Water and Grand Lizard next.

#2703 4 years ago

Have one extra fishtales plastic left over from
Pinball.Center Group order.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1122-pinball-modscom/03165-plastic-for-fish-tales-30-0676-2-
This is a new reproduction plastic - with protective films still intact.
There is only one instock; when it's gone. It's gone.
4d50356722c5ba4dc61f43b2f5367e3c8f5177ac (resized).jpg4d50356722c5ba4dc61f43b2f5367e3c8f5177ac (resized).jpg

#2704 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a plastic dome for my topper mine was missing when I got it. Thanks!

#2705 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone know where I can find a plastic dome for my topper mine was missing when I got it. Thanks!

Try Nitro Pinball. Think I saw Fishtales/Whirlwind Topper bubbles, there...

Yep - Under Cabinet Parts

#2706 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Have one extra fishtales plastic left over from

Pinball.Center Group order.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1122-pinball-modscom/03165-plastic-for-fish-tales-30-0676-2-
This is a new reproduction plastic - with protective films still intact.
There is only one instock; when it's gone. It's gone.
[quoted image]

How do you put the rivet on this plastic as I have a new plastic as well as the one that came with the machine was broken but can not figure out how to put this plastic on the machine.

#2707 4 years ago

https://nitropinball.com/products/topper-dome-for-fish-tales-whitewater?_pos=1&_sid=63a1b7055&_ss=r

Thanks looks like nitro pinball does have the plastic topper for Fishtales.

#2708 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Got mine here:
https://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Fish-Tales-Topper-Dome

#2711 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

How do you put the rivet on this plastic as I have a new plastic as well as the one that came with the machine was broken but can not figure out how to put this plastic on the machine.

No idea. Don't own a FishTales.

#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

One for sale in Australia on Ebay for $140au plus freight.

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Try doing some rersearch someplace or read more somewhere on pinside, I just know i've seen somehwere you have to heat it up and massage it to the shape that it needs to be. good luck

#2714 4 years ago

The last FishTales item I have is a
Fish tales Rod decal; ROD REEL DECALS FOR FISH TALES (A-15405)

image_63699_1_600x600 (resized).jpgimage_63699_1_600x600 (resized).jpg
and is for sale here on Pinside's market place:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1122-pinball-modscom/03166-rod-reel-decals-for-fish-tales-a-15405-

Only one in stock; First Come First Served.

#2715 4 years ago

Fish Tales Wire Form Set: OBO Pm me if interested.

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “I have 3 sets of wire forms available. All are in great shape. No breaks, nice welds, no rust. Fish Tales= $350 shipped 4pc set Hurricane= $200 shipped 3 pc set High Speed$200 shi...”
2020-03-24
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 40 days
Viewed: 556 times

#2716 4 years ago

Any one have the skinny plastic piece that is on the right side of the boat ramp? I'll attach a picture later.. If you do I'll buy it from you. Thanks. PM details!

#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Any one have the skinny plastic piece that is on the right side of the boat ramp? I'll attach a picture later.. If you do I'll but it from you. Thanks.

No, mine doesn’t either, I actually didn’t know there was a plastic there until I saw a pic from someone’s pin. Mine didn’t have one when I bought it. I take a second one if youz got touz!!!

#2718 4 years ago

Check Pinball.Center for the plastic you guys want.
If they stock it; you might want to be part of the next group buy in ?feb?.

#2719 4 years ago

Be aware, that the colors on pinball.centers reproduction plastics often is way off. If you search the forum and internet you will find a lot of people are not satisfied with the quality of the plastics, and pinball.center ignores complaints about it. They just claim that machines age differently, and therefor fades differently.

Personally i have seen colors that should have been green, but were blue. And images / patterns that are totally different from the originals. I think they do this to avoid copyright issues.

But with that said, they often stock plastics that others doesn't, so sometimes it just your only option.

The rubber they sell is excellent though!

#2720 4 years ago

Pinball centers plastics and overlays would be my very very last option if all else fails, Colors are way out and plastic edges burnt.
Quite a few here in the UK not happy and as said they don’t care.

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Check Pinball.Center for the plastic you guys want.
If they stock it; you might want to be part of the next group buy in ?feb?.

They have it but it's out of stock...

#2722 4 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Pinball centers plastics and overlays would be my very very last option if all else fails, Colors are way out and plastic edges burnt.
Quite a few here in the UK not happy and as said they don’t care.

Good to know.
I'll keep this in mind for future group buys.

#2723 4 years ago

Long shot, but I have acquired a fish tales that is completely missing the topper assembly. If you have some of the critical parts, or the whole assembly that you might be interested in selling, please let me know!

#2724 4 years ago

Noob here, anyone have any experience changing out the "Tale Told" decal in the center of playfield? i have to replace the orange fish and have never done it. And, since it is in the center of the playfield, I definitely don't want to jack it up so seeking any and all insights before I give it a go. Thanks in advance!

#2725 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Noob here, anyone have any experience changing out the "Tale Told" decal in the center of playfield? i have to replace the orange fish and have never done it. And, since it is in the center of the playfield, I definitely don't want to jack it up so seeking any and all insights before I give it a go. Thanks in advance!

might want to seek a playfield repair or restoration thread for some more precise info.

I have replaced a few decals, but I clear coated it after.

#2726 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

any experience changing out the "Tale Told" decal in the center of playfield?

I don't like how a slow rolling ball can be affected when moving along the edge of a decal, changing its path occasionally.

If just missing a little artwork, I touch it up with craft paint and then wax the playfield to protect it. I have had good luck touching up where the art chipped off some of the inserts on my fish tales.

#2727 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

might want to seek a playfield repair or restoration thread for some more precise info.
I have replaced a few decals, but I clear coated it after.

yikes, clear coating will not be in my repertoire anytime soon. thanks for pointing me in the "repair and resto" direction.

#2728 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I don't like how a slow rolling ball can be affected when moving along the edge of a decal, changing its path occasionally.
If just missing a little artwork, I touch it up with craft paint and then wax the playfield to protect it. I have had good luck touching up where the art chipped off some of the inserts on my fish tales.

impacting the movement of the ball is definitely my concern, this might be a project that i shelf since it is just "want" not a "need" but thanks for the reply. will have to rethink this one. thanks again.

#2729 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

impacting the movement of the ball is definitely my concern, this might be a project that i shelf since it is just "want" not a "need" but thanks for the reply. will have to rethink this one. thanks again.

If you're not looking for collector quality, use some decals that have the ink on the bottom (so it won't wear off) and just stick it on the insert. They are so thin you won't notice them, and with the ink on the bottom, you don't even have to put mylar over it, so ball travel won't be affected much if any.

#2730 4 years ago

Crushed my previous grand champ score tonight yes, I suck, but it's good for me.

IMG_20191223_214225160 (resized).jpgIMG_20191223_214225160 (resized).jpg
#2731 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Crushed my previous grand champ score tonight yes, I suck, but it's good for me.[quoted image]

Double better than my best

#2732 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Crushed my previous grand champ score tonight yes, I suck, but it's good for me.[quoted image]

Yeah what’s your strategy?

My one downfall is I can’t seem to hit casters club during multiball so I can’t advance jackpots.

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

My one downfall is I can’t seem to hit casters club during multiball so I can’t advance jackpots.

My previous hs was about 400. I was laughing during this game because I usually choke on monster fish and I was nailing every one. I think I only got freshwater fishing on the tackle box, and even though I had multiball a bunch of times, I kept missing casters club. I even completed feeding frenzy twice!
My son and I were playing and I was talking smack the whole time, saying how I was one with the machine..... It was so much fun. I love this game

#2734 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Jackpots, obviously.

But, I also like to start Super Jets prior to MultiBall as often as possible. 500k per bumper hit can add up fast, especially if you allow the AutoSave to throw at least a couple balls up top while you try and plug your first Caster's Club Shot. (Can you backhand your lock shot?).

The other nice side effect of lighting Super Jets is getting your Bonus Multiplier up above 4x (Bonus Hold!).

Obviously, Monster Fish. Make sure you hit it each time, if even only for the 5 Mil. We all know it adds 10 mil to the next payout for each successful Monster Fish Completed.

Catch Fish and Lie! If you get 4 Lies on the board, you get an extended Rock the Boat that can really pile up the points (10 mil per boat shot).

As soon as you can get Fish Frenzy near completion, it's time to lock 2 balls and try again for Super Jets before you start it up.

Honestly, FT is just too much fun.

#2735 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Jackpots, obviously.
But, I also like to start Super Jets prior to MultiBall as often as possible. 500k per bumper hit can add up fast, especially if you allow the AutoSave to throw at least a couple balls up top while you try and plug your first Caster's Club Shot. (Can you backhand your lock shot?).
The other nice side effect of lighting Super Jets is getting your Bonus Multiplier up above 4x (Bonus Hold!).
Obviously, Monster Fish. Make sure you hit it each time, if even only for the 5 Mil. We all know it adds 10 mil to the next payout for each successful Monster Fish Completed.
Catch Fish and Lie! If you get 4 Lies on the board, you get an extended Rock the Boat that can really pile up the points (10 mil per boat shot).
As soon as you can get Fish Frenzy near completion, it's time to lock 2 balls and try again for Super Jets before you start it up.
Honestly, FT is just too much fun.

I cannot back hand the CC from a cradle. I can however consistently hit the EB backhand from cradle. Should I adjust machine so it backhands? The machine is level left to right and I think right at 6.5 degrees. Flippers nice and strong.

#2736 4 years ago

When my initials are for biggest liar.... what does that mean? Highest score??

#2737 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I cannot back hand the CC from a cradle. I can however consistently hit the EB backhand from cradle. Should I adjust machine so it backhands?

If you can hit the EB you should be able to get the lock, too. Practice using the right post on the boat to deflect into the CC. It's not an easy shot, and the consequences can be dire...but if you can get it down, it's a good one to have in the bag during multi-ball.

#2738 4 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

When my initials are for biggest liar.... what does that mean?

Most 'Tales Told'

#2739 4 years ago

Hot Rod plating for Xmas ! Looks beautiful as always but switch worked perfect, swapped out and now nothing ?

I’m
Stumped, I can hear it click etc

2932750B-340D-46DA-91B9-24482DD2ACDF (resized).jpeg2932750B-340D-46DA-91B9-24482DD2ACDF (resized).jpeg419FC19B-6CC0-4C07-9173-822065F36393 (resized).jpeg419FC19B-6CC0-4C07-9173-822065F36393 (resized).jpegF6526803-A2D7-444E-B65C-743CEA024EB6 (resized).jpegF6526803-A2D7-444E-B65C-743CEA024EB6 (resized).jpeg
#2740 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hot Rod plating for Xmas ! Looks beautiful as always but switch worked perfect, swapped out and now nothing ?

I’m
Stumped, I can hear it click etc

Looks awesome!! Only thing i can recommend is taking it apart again and checking all the solders to the switch BUT before that try checking the connector/re-seating where the whole assembly connects to the wiring loom. From memory it's a 2 or 3 pin plug.

#2741 4 years ago

The very first post of this thread says "wants".... I wants me a fish tales!

#2742 4 years ago

That chrome looks SEXY!

#2743 4 years ago

Chris at Hot arcade plating ! Great guy
I’m doing a chromed Police Force with fresh cab decals

#2744 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

but switch worked perfect, swapped out and now nothing ?

Start by checking the switch wires from the switch with your meter, to see if the circuit closes when you press the button.

#2745 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I cannot back hand the CC from a cradle. I can however consistently hit the EB backhand from cradle. Should I adjust machine so it backhands? The machine is level left to right and I think right at 6.5 degrees. Flippers nice and strong.

No, you should not be able to hit the lock from a cradle. EB yes.

#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

No, you should not be able to hit the lock from a cradle.

Never met a Fish Tales where you couldn't.

#2747 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Never met a Fish Tales where you couldn't.

Rolling backflip sure, but from a dead cradle, no fn way. Maybe fluke it once in 100 somehow. But it's def not normal imo from every fishtales I've played. My GC is 3.8bill, zero cradled CC's. Also Merry Fn xmas everyone!

#2748 4 years ago

Watch the Bowen/Elwin game and count the number of cradled CC's

#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Rolling backflip sure, but from a dead cradle, no fn way.

It's probably a 30-40% shot. Like I said, the consequences of missing it are pretty much an instant drain. But it is very doable. Bank it off the post, or barely kiss the sling post and it gets just enough backspin to plug it.

I am not the only one who can do it, that's for sure.

1 week later
#2750 4 years ago

Installed a Flipper Fidelity sub in bottom of cabinet yesterday....and it sounds very muffled. What did I do wrong?
I did not have a wooden ring riser, used the original, does the hole just need to be bigger?
Advice appreciated.
Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.