3ff3af1335f3cf0ab4ddec7bc6e817774e6da3b5 (resized).jpg
20240121_211414 (resized).jpg
20240121_211552 (resized).jpg
11EF16A9-2338-419E-A5AA-B9FDAD58FFAB (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240112-134747 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112-134707 (resized).png
Screenshot_20231119-093031 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_6750613_2738161 (resized).jpg

There are 5,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 112.
#2551 4 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Can you get replacement parts at Expo?

It will really depend on what part(s) you are looking for. So, what are you looking for?

#2552 4 years ago

Friends, I need help ... put together my FT and some things don't work for me ...
some lights, flippers, the multi-wheel wheel ... I think it's all the same thing ... days ago I fused the f112 fuse.
I changed it and neither.
can you help me

#2553 4 years ago
Quoted from Asanteiro:

Friends, I need help ... put together my FT and some things don't work for me ...
some lights, flippers, the multi-wheel wheel ... I think it's all the same thing ... days ago I fused the f112 fuse.
I changed it and neither.
can you help me

If you had things apart, I'd start by making sure ribbon cables are on properly.

#2554 4 years ago

thanks for your answer..
flat cables are well connected ..
they tell me switch
closed.
how can i open them

#2555 4 years ago
Quoted from Asanteiro:

they tell me switch
closed.
how can i open them

You need to check the switch matrix in the manual. 16 and 17 are trough switches, so remove the balls to open those. Switch 18 should be closed also if you have 3 balls installed.

24 is always closed, ignore that.

16, 17, 18, 24, 48(drop target) are normally closed in the test.

Use the switch Edge test to see what switch is and is not working when you press it.

Fish Tales Switch Matrix (resized).pngFish Tales Switch Matrix (resized).png

#2556 4 years ago

Today I was able to turn on most of the things ... I just need a few lamps.
after this after a while trying to solve this threw me a fuse error f114 and f115.
I couldn't solve it .. now it doesn't turn on.
I only see what turns on the LED lights of the plates and nothing else? what I do ?

#2557 4 years ago

before it worked

IMG-20191020-WA0009 (resized).jpegIMG-20191020-WA0009 (resized).jpeg
#2558 4 years ago

Now it's like this!

20191020_224837 (resized).jpg20191020_224837 (resized).jpg20191020_224840 (resized).jpg20191020_224840 (resized).jpg20191020_224842 (resized).jpg20191020_224842 (resized).jpg
#2559 4 years ago

Haven't been playing much pinball in a while. Went downstairs to get a game or two in. I can tell how rusty I am, had two trash balls to start a game of FT. I'm on ball 3, going for some boat shots to try to start something, I get a Feeding Frenzy, so I nail a couple, on my right side boat shot I start a Monster Fish, I nail the spinner to get that, so I get that, and I get video mode - then I nail my 3rd ball into Casters Club, start up Multi-ball, all at the same freakin' time. It was mayhem, super fun.

#2560 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Haven't been playing much pinball in a while. Went downstairs to get a game or two in. I can tell how rusty I am, had two trash balls to start a game of FT. I'm on ball 3, going for some boat shots to try to start something, I get a Feeding Frenzy, so I nail a couple, on my right side boat shot I start a Monster Fish, I nail the spinner to get that, so I get that, and I get video mode - then I nail my 3rd ball into Casters Club, start up Multi-ball, all at the same freakin' time. It was mayhem, super fun.

It's such a rewarding game when it isn't being cruel.

Lately I've been trying to stack all my multiballs with Superjets and one other Bonus: Monster/Frenzy.

Makes for giant scores if you can keep those pops filled.

Forgot to add: Received a Squeaky Clean NOS Playfield in the mail, today. Have just about everything I need to do a full restore, now. Not that I would dream of doing it yet.

#2561 4 years ago

You found a honey hole! . When it rains it pours with FT

#2562 4 years ago

I picked up my Fish Tales several months ago but have yet to look into the Topper as all the lights work but the tail does not move. I have yet to really look into it but plan to look at it this weekend and i am hoping it is a loose wire or something easy, but any suggestions from the Club on common issues to get the fish moving again?

#2563 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I picked up my Fish Tales several months ago but have yet to look into the Topper as all the lights work but the tail does not move. I have yet to really look into it but plan to look at it this weekend and i am hoping it is a loose wire or something easy, but any suggestions from the Club on common issues to get the fish moving again?

A lot of people unplugged the topper due to the noise it makes. I would check that first.

#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

A lot of people unplugged the topper due to the noise it makes. I would check that first.

I'm pretty sure you can turn it off in the setting also.

#2565 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

It's just a coil so the usual stuff. High chance it was just disabled, though. The fish banging is pretty noisy in the home environment. I put a couple of rubber rings on the plunger to soften it up. Much better option than disabling one of the coolest features in the game.

#2566 4 years ago

does anyone have an extra "casters club " plastic they would part with?

#2567 4 years ago

What is a fair price for a working Fish Tales that has some cabinet fade, full LEDs & a color DMD? Thanks

#2568 4 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

What is a fair price for a working Fish Tales that has some cabinet fade, full LEDs & a color DMD? Thanks

Condition, location, and warrantee factor in to the equation. I consider the top of the Pinside price ($2960 - $3440) a good reference for a good condition, fully working pin from a private seller (no warrantee), so a nice FT from a private seller would be ~$3440 (more in a big metro area where deals are rare and pins sell fast, and much more from a retailer who warrantees their sales).

How is the playfield? A litte wear is expected. Need to subtract for noticeable wear like ~$2500, and subtract even more for players condition level of wear. The LED and Color DMD are a bonus, so no harm in bumping up the price to justify those. Is the pin clean and rust free? Shopping a pin takes time and knowhow, so that should come off the top.

#2569 4 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Depending on Playfield Condition and Overall Condition from $2750 - $4250. If it is super clean with only fade, I would expect to pay around $3500 for one without the Mods listed.

But, ALL Pins are pretty much Hen's Teeth up here. Let alone a classic with mass appeal. It's Montana guys. Lots of Fishermen.

#2570 4 years ago

Happy to be back in the club after many years need help on a part. I'm missing the metal plate on the left hand side of the reel that mounts to the playfield I can't even find a part number if anyone by any chance has an extra for some reason or knows of a part number please let me know.

#2571 4 years ago

This fishtales is a keeper for me. First time I have ever sold a title and gotten one back again. I know not everyone likes powdercoating, and lots of folks don't like the coin door done, but I figured if I really don't plan on selling... Screw it. So I did what I wanted to make myself happy not caring about ever getting the money back or what the majority might like.
I'm really happy with the way the wireforms came out, and this color is a metallic that doesn't show up well in the pics. It is cool because depending on the lighting it looks darker or lighter. You can see in the one pic the lockdown bar appears to be a different color than the siderails. They match perfectly, it's the way the light catches it from different angles. I love this game, so much fun and never gets old for me.
Shout-out to robertstone0407 for a great job on the powdercoating.
IMG_20191101_185738638 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_185738638 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_185753165 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_185753165 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_185857670 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_185857670 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_185925591 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_185925591 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_185933693 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_185933693 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_185952196 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_185952196 (resized).jpg

#2572 4 years ago

I like the blue! Looks great!

#2573 4 years ago

Looks awesome.

Do you think changing the t-molding color would be too much color?

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Looks awesome.
Do you think changing the t-molding color would be too much color?

Thank you Fishtales doesn't have t molding. The head is painted and I really wouldn't want to paint it.

#2575 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm pretty sure you can turn it off in the setting also.

I have my topper unplugged ( 99.9% sure there is no setting in the menu to turn it off ) if I'm wrong please let me know . I have thought about a toggle switch to turn it off and on , but when you can just unplug it I don't think it's worth the time and effort .

#2576 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I have my topper unplugged ( 99.9% sure there is no setting in the menu to turn it off ) if I'm wrong please let me know . I have thought about a toggle switch to turn it off and on , but when you can just unplug it I don't think it's worth the time and effort .

There is no setting to disable it.

#2577 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

This fishtales is a keeper for me. First time I have ever sold a title and gotten one back again. I know not everyone likes powdercoating, and lots of folks don't like the coin door done, but I figured if I really don't plan on selling... Screw it. So I did what I wanted to make myself happy not caring about ever getting the money back or what the majority might like.
I'm really happy with the way the wireforms came out, and this color is a metallic that doesn't show up well in the pics. It is cool because depending on the lighting it looks darker or lighter. You can see in the one pic the lockdown bar appears to be a different color than the siderails. They match perfectly, it's the way the light catches it from different angles. I love this game, so much fun and never gets old for me.
Shout-out to robertstone0407 for a great job on the powdercoating.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good!!
Where are the art blades from?

#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Where are the art blades from?

Same ones on my machine, but I don't know where there were sourced.

#2580 4 years ago

Pingraffix also sells a set. Slightly different graphics, just to give you an option

#2581 4 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Happy to be back in the club after many years need help on a part. I'm missing the metal plate on the left hand side of the reel that mounts to the playfield I can't even find a part number if anyone by any chance has an extra for some reason or knows of a part number please let me know.

Also if anyone is shopping or doing a reel repair and can shoot me a pic I would appreciate it I might have to fabricate something since this thing seems to be unobtanium.

#2582 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I am going to loop a wire from the topper connection down to the coin door area and put a toggle switch in mine. Make it easy and convenient.

#2583 4 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

This is the bracket I'm trying to find.

5deaab0bbc2952164cbd4045b031754256721b58.jpeg (resized).jpg5deaab0bbc2952164cbd4045b031754256721b58.jpeg (resized).jpg
#2584 4 years ago

>>This is the bracket I'm trying to find.<<

I have not seen one of those available for sale in a while. Even then, it was the entire assembly that was up.

Maybe try listing a WTB in the Classifieds and one on eBay?

#2585 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

&gt;&gt;This is the bracket I'm trying to find.&lt;&lt;
I have not seen one of those available for sale in a while. Even then, it was the entire assembly that was up.
Maybe try listing a WTB in the Classifieds and one on eBay?

I have but no response pretty sure I will have to fabricate something.

#2586 4 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

This is the bracket I'm trying to find

PSPA over here has a 2nd hand right hand side of the bracket with the wheel attached but unfortunately not that left side bracket Surely someone out there would have an old assembly floating around.

#2587 4 years ago

Would someone mind measuring how tall a fish tales is with topper in the rear? Thanks!

#2588 4 years ago

I am going to loop a wire from the topper connection down to the coin door area and put a toggle switch in mine. Make it easy and convenient.

If you can be bothered , wouldn't mind hearing how you go about it and maybe some pics .

#2589 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Would someone mind measuring how tall a fish tales is with topper in the rear? Thanks!

84” - that’s with back casters almost maxed.

#2590 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

84” - that’s with back casters almost maxed.

appreciate it.

#2591 4 years ago

Can anyone please send me the L-6 game rom. With the Extra Ball bug fix and led ghosting patch?

#2592 4 years ago

Happy birthday to my Fish Tales . I don't know if this is the exact date it was born but it's what I go off .

IMG20191112192326 (resized).jpgIMG20191112192326 (resized).jpgIMG_20191114_204414 (resized).jpgIMG_20191114_204414 (resized).jpg
#2593 4 years ago

27 yrs old and still living in the basement, sounds about right . Awesome cake too!

#2594 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

27 yrs old and still living in the basement, sounds about right . Awesome cake too!

It's in really good nick for how old is , I've had it since 2000 and never had a problem only had to change the rubbers and the rubber belt for the ball lock . I love it , it's never leaving .

#2595 4 years ago

Looking for the fisherman plastic hoping somebody has one in their parts stash mine is missing.

ft_man2 (resized).pngft_man2 (resized).png
#2596 4 years ago

Anyone has tried the mew cpr mirrored backglass for FT and would have a feedback?

#2597 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Anyone has tried the mew cpr mirrored backglass for FT and would have a feedback?

Only available thru pps?

#2598 4 years ago

Fish Tales owners ? Looking to upgrade
My speakers , anyone do pin sound ?

#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Only available thru pps?

They are listed directly on CPR website

#2600 4 years ago

Must have mods ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Herndon, VA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.