IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 112.
#2501 4 years ago
Quoted from krivoap:

She is an excellent arcade dog.

Not to de-rail this thread, but I agree...
5509b6ad4b198ccdb862a13c1a99676ef35e10ca.png (resized).png5509b6ad4b198ccdb862a13c1a99676ef35e10ca.png (resized).png

Edit: actually its on topic...if you look in the backround you can see my old FT playfield..

#2502 4 years ago

Just recently joined the club
Was always wonderung how hard it was to lock the balls in the casters club during multiball (bad player though)till i found the answer here: the drop target should not always be in the up position. Readjusted the rest position on the release coil and voila....the drop target gets kicked down automatically as intended by the software. I wonder how many games are out there without a working drop target knock down trigger...

second thing: I could finally qiet down the flapping fish in the topper. This was one of the things that always annoyed me-I hated the ´metallic´ sound of the fish. The solution was easy and effective: Put a rubber ring on the back of the plunger (behind the retainer spring) and put a shooter rubber tip on the front of the plunger...made the fish sound like it maybe was intended to be... details were discussed here already:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-tips-to-make-the-fish-tales-topper-a-bit-quieter

#2503 4 years ago

Does anybody have a scan of the artwork for the back board of the topper?

#2504 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Does anybody have a scan of the artwork for the back board of the topper?

Pinballgeek made his own versions if that will work:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/13#post-3028561

I like the second one.

#2505 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Pinballgeek made his own versions if that will work:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/13#post-3028561
I like the second one.

I like those, thanks for the link. I think the second one is the way to go also. Now I just need the rubber fish...

#2507 4 years ago

I'm nearing the end of a restoration and seem to have misplaced the steel boat ramp flap. Any suggestions where to buy one? The only option I can find is to buy stock steel and recreate the part....

#2508 4 years ago

I very recently got a FT that's was in storage a long time, pf looks good and boots, can anyone here suggest a good translucent rubber kit? Share what you ordered?

I'm also wanting to led it, but tastefully, where did you get yours? What colors did you use?
Warm or cool?

#2509 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I very recently got a FT that's was in storage a long time, pf looks good and boots, can anyone here suggest a good translucent rubber kit? Share what you ordered?
I'm also wanting to led it, but tastefully, where did you get yours? What colors did you use?
Warm or cool?

I just put a clear Titan set on mine. Looks nice and clean

#2510 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I just put a clear Titan set on mine. Looks nice and clean

What LEDs do you have in yours?

#2511 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

What LEDs do you have in yours?

Mine had LEDs in it already, so not sure what they are. They seem more of a bright white than yellow natural. I think they look fine, but haven't had natural in there to compare.

#2512 4 years ago

Got my LED kit from Marco 4 years ago. I heard from a few posters they sell coin-taker kits. It was my first pin, so the kit made things easy. It was a little tricky to figure out what went where, but I kept them organized and figured it out and just needed a few extras when done.

They looked perfect in FT with cool white frosted GI and in the backbox, and color matched inserts.

#2513 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Got my LED kit from Marco 4 years ago. I heard from a few posters they sell coin-taker kits. It was my first pin, so the kit made things easy. It was a little tricky to figure out what went where, but I kept them organized and figured it out and just needed a few extras when done.
They looked perfect in FT with cool white frosted GI and in the backbox, and color matched inserts.

Thank you Neal!

#2514 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

I'm nearing the end of a restoration and seem to have misplaced the steel boat ramp flap. Any suggestions where to buy one? The only option I can find is to buy stock steel and recreate the part....

I did this for my ramp flap for my Whirlwind. It was my first time doing it and I found it to be quite a breeeze. I may have created a thread on it.

#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Not to de-rail this thread, but I agree...
[quoted image]
Edit: actually its on topic...if you look in the backround you can see my old FT playfield..

good looking dog btw!

#2516 4 years ago
Quoted from krivoap:

So we have a small 650 square foot off grid fishing cottage. We had solar installed last year with the intent of having a Fish Tales to play in the middle of the woods. After securing a locally available one here on Pinside, it finally made the journey up into our location deep in the Ottawa National Forest in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

beautiful pup

#2517 4 years ago

For anyone who has done a playfield swap, how many, and what size T-nuts are required in a new playfield? I know on Marco's site, they list two separate 8/32" t-nuts, a 1/2" diameter base and a 19/32 diameter base. I'm not sure which one to order.

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

For anyone who has done a playfield swap, how many, and what size T-nuts are required in a new playfield? I know on Marco's site, they list two separate 8/32" t-nuts, a 1/2" diameter base and a 19/32 diameter base. I'm not sure which one to order.

These are the T-nuts listed in the BoM. Not sure about that qty of 25, can't think of where those go. I have the original pf with the T-Nuts in it, i can send a pic later.

4408-01118-02 nut 8-32 tee 9/32l 6
4408-01118-00 nut 8-32 tee 3/8 l 4
4406-01118-00 nut 6-32 tee 6
4408-01118-00 nut 8-32 tee 3/8 l 25

#2519 4 years ago

Hey everyone. I just got a restored Fish Tales last month. Been reading this thread and thought you guys might be able to help me out. I'm new to pinball games so I'm not sure I know all the correct terminology.
The game has played flawless for a month. Recently, the Fish Finder ejector (not sure the correct name) has been ejecting the ball extremely hard. Sometimes it pops up on the rail and backs all the way to the reel.
Is this something easy to adjust?
Any info is appreciated!!

#2520 4 years ago
Quoted from kjensen:

Hey everyone. I just got a restored Fish Tales last month. Been reading this thread and thought you guys might be able to help me out. I'm new to pinball games so I'm not sure I know all the correct terminology.
The game has played flawless for a month. Recently, the Fish Finder ejector (not sure the correct name) has been ejecting the ball extremely hard. Sometimes it pops up on the rail and backs all the way to the reel.

If it just started doing that, I would check for something broken or loose back there. Also check manual to see if correct coil used.

#2521 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

These are the T-nuts listed in the BoM. Not sure about that qty of 25, can't think of where those go. I have the original pf with the T-Nuts in it, i can send a pic later.
4408-01118-02 nut 8-32 tee 9/32l 6
4408-01118-00 nut 8-32 tee 3/8 l 4
4406-01118-00 nut 6-32 tee 6
4408-01118-00 nut 8-32 tee 3/8 l 25

I counted 7x 8-32 on the top, 22x on the back. 6x 6-32 on the back, all under the slings. I think the 6x 8-32 x 3/8 go under the coin box (4) and the backbox lock (2x)

4862C53B-84B9-4BBA-ADC9-456B554B54BF (resized).jpeg4862C53B-84B9-4BBA-ADC9-456B554B54BF (resized).jpeg61D8C58D-895E-4496-B670-5DD7616F4D2F (resized).jpeg61D8C58D-895E-4496-B670-5DD7616F4D2F (resized).jpeg
#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from kjensen:

Make sure this red piece hasn’t cracked, causing the ball to sit awkwardly when it gets ejected.

1B887B5A-FC0B-4DD3-98DC-0B21BA9CB4F6 (resized).jpeg1B887B5A-FC0B-4DD3-98DC-0B21BA9CB4F6 (resized).jpeg
#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

I counted 7x 8-32 on the top, 22x on the back. 6x 6-32 on the back, all under the slings. I think the 6x 8-32 x 3/8 go under the coin box (4) and the backbox lock (2x)[quoted image][quoted image]

thanks for taking the time to count them up!

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Make sure this red piece hasn’t cracked, causing the ball to sit awkwardly when it gets ejected.[quoted image]

Thanks for the response! I'll look at it this weekend. I've never raised the playfield on a pin before so looking forward to seeing the internals as well.

#2525 4 years ago

could someone measure their boat ramp flap, including thickness, for me?

222 (resized).png222 (resized).png
#2526 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

could someone measure their boat ramp flap, including thickness, for me?[quoted image]

There's two thicknesses for the steel on MArco's site, this will i'm sure be the thinner one. The heavier one would be too much I think.
On second thought, i'm also wrong lots, just ask my wife.

#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

could someone measure their boat ramp flap, including thickness, for me?[quoted image]

Note to self...always check the tumbler for missing parts.

#2528 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Warm or cool?

I got a kit from pinball bulbs and I'm very happy with the result .

IMG20181016211734 (resized).jpgIMG20181016211734 (resized).jpg
#2529 4 years ago

Looks nice.
Mermaid...
Where's your Monster Fish?

What balls are you guys using. I can't seem to get a set of three round balls for the life of me these days.

#2530 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Looks nice.
Mermaid...
What balls are you guys using. I can't seem to get a set of three round balls for the life of me these days.

Thanks . When I first saw the monster fish he wasn't shipping to Australia now he is it's all too late but I think it would get in the way of my fishing rod on the left-hand side . The balls are nothing special I just got mine from my local dealer

#2531 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Looks nice.
Mermaid...

https://ballbaron.com/

#2532 4 years ago
#2533 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Make sure this red piece hasn’t cracked, causing the ball to sit awkwardly when it gets ejected.[quoted image]

Appears to be in good shape

IMG_20190927_111106 (resized).jpgIMG_20190927_111106 (resized).jpg
#2534 4 years ago

Here's some of the leftover parts from my restoration. Let me know if you want anything, no reasonable offer refused!

*EDIT - all are sold*
dNVEPtK5TuWiD90PiCfxJw (resized).jpgdNVEPtK5TuWiD90PiCfxJw (resized).jpg

#2535 4 years ago

Just an FYI I, have a couple of Fish Tales original pencil drawings on ebay. The caster launcher and fish reel.
ebay.com link: pinballvault

#2537 4 years ago

Soulrider911 has "in my opinion" THE best apron cards out there. They are back in this thread a ways

#2538 4 years ago

WTB: Monster Fish mod.....PM if you have one not being used

1 week later
#2539 4 years ago

Hello everyone.
It's not a long time I'm owner of this pinball, but I really like the game, the colours, the music and the lights really much.
The fish is spectacular
I bought it from another private owner who didn't treated it very well. It needs some restoration, but you can still play some games.

Yesterday I turned on the pin: test ok, light on, started the game (free play), launched the ball, pushed the flipper button...
the machine shutted down and restarted to do the test.
I tryed some times and it shuts down and restarts from the test every time I push the right or the left flipper button.

Any ideas what do I have to look to ?

Thx in advance for the help.

#2540 4 years ago

Your 5V is probably too low. I would suggest reading and following this guide:
http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

Or simply start by measuring the voltage at TP2 and pin 32 of the Game Rom (U6). They need to be very close to 5.0 Volt. Even 4.9 can be too low.

#2541 4 years ago

I just joined the club!

024827B6-4098-4A8F-8907-070E86034A2D (resized).jpeg024827B6-4098-4A8F-8907-070E86034A2D (resized).jpeg
#2542 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

I just joined the club![quoted image]

Wow,that looks sweet.

#2543 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Wow,that looks sweet.

Yes, it is in great shape. About the only things I’d consider are Titan bands and a color display. For now I just plan to enjoy it.

#2544 4 years ago

Hi guys,
Joined the club recently and was wondering if you knew where to get the plastics.
Tried the ones from Pinball center, they are crap... blue ain't green!!!

#2545 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
Joined the club recently and was wondering if you knew where to get the plastics.
Tried the ones from Pinball center, they are crap... blue ain't green!!!

+1 looking for a set. Hopefully I'll find one at expo.

#2546 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

+1 looking for a set. Hopefully I'll find one at expo.

If you dont find one I believe I have a brand new set I would let go of,just let me know.

#2547 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

If you dont find one I believe I have a brand new set I would let go of,just let me know.

Well I would for sure be glad to buy it as I have no chance of going to expo, being om the wrong continent

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

I just joined the club![quoted image]

MY FT is parked beside my WW also!

#2549 4 years ago

Can you get replacement parts at Expo?

#2550 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

MY FT is parked beside my WW also!

I’m looking for an Earthshaker to go on the other side of WW.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 169.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

12,500 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/51?hl=phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.