IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
20240406_211505 (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 112.
#2451 4 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

I think you just solved my problem- I either have the wrong pulley or its very worn as it’s more like an “O” shaped hole.

Definitely need to fix that. Top pulley looks very similar but has three small holes around the middle to where the reel slides in. If you reel does not have those prongs to fit in those holes that's another issue.

Top pulley (need to check manual to verify but this looks like it):
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8705

Bottom pulley:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8086

#2452 4 years ago

What a joke. $169. These pinball prices are all over the place. So much markup in pinball parts.

#2453 4 years ago

Looking at the manual today and noticed this. Pretty cool. Johnny Cash even did his own version of this song.
5B086923-B7E4-49CD-B47B-40E8CEE98D7B (resized).jpeg5B086923-B7E4-49CD-B47B-40E8CEE98D7B (resized).jpeg

#2454 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Looking at the manual today and noticed this. Pretty cool. Johnny Cash even did his own version of this song.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing that, never knew that was a "real" song!

#2455 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I searched Chris Granner and that song (he did the Fish Tales music/sound), and no mention of that song. Have you noticed any of the songs in FT that sound like it? I will have to go check them all.

Chris did visit Pinside last year and commented:

Quoted from Granzo:

(My FAVORITE overall soundtrack is still Fish Tales, and my favorite single tune is still the Taxi main tune.)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chris-granner-rocks#post-4186537

#2456 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I searched Chris Granner and that song (he did the Fish Tales music/sound), and no mention of that song. Have you noticed any of the songs in FT that sound like it? I will have to go check them all.
Chris did visit Pinside last year and commented:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chris-granner-rocks#post-4186537

Multiball and end of game

#2457 4 years ago

Been a great run, but the Monster fish mod is coming to an end. I appreciate all that supported it! Two left with purple eyes and one left with green eyes, that's it. Then discontinued. If you've had interest in this, this is the last call!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1142-monsterfish-mods/01579-monsterfish-mod-fish-tales-monster-fish

#2458 4 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

Been a great run, but the Monster fish mod is coming to an end. I appreciate all that supported it! Two left with purple eyes and one left with green eyes, that's it. Then discontinued. If you've had interest in this, this is the last call!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1142-monsterfish-mods/01579-monsterfish-mod-fish-tales-monster-fish

This is like the best mod you can get for FT, if you don't have one, GET ONE

#2459 4 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

I would like one of these! My first choice would be red eyes but if all you have left is purple or green I will take the green one. Let me know how you want payment

#2460 4 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

I'm in
for a purple eye guy!

#2461 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

I'm in
for a purple eye guy!

Order placed just now via pinside.

#2462 4 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

Love this mod! Well made and perfect fit. Even my daughter who generally couldn't care less about anything pinball thought it was epic.

#2463 4 years ago

Only one purple left!

Quoted from theGiven:

#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

Only one purple left!

Just snagged it!

#2465 4 years ago

Dang.. I was late to the show again. Great mod for the price.
Thanks for doing them.

#2466 4 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Thanks for doing them.

spewing . me too . oh well , one of the hassles of being out of the loop for a day .

Quoted from theGiven:

Only one purple left!

don't suppose you have any seconds???? fingers crossed

#2467 4 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

spewing . me too . oh well , one of the hassles of being out of the loop for a day .

Please don't crap on me, BUT, these have been for sale like forever, missing the boat (fish) now is like........hmmmmmm.

#2468 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Please don't crap on me, BUT, these have been for sale like forever, missing the boat (fish) now is like........hmmmmmm.

16 pins restoring , so my friends get good ones !!!and fading away due to cancer!!! We have different raesons . Consider yourself 'crapped on '. In the nicest possible way .

#2469 4 years ago

Not sure if this has been asked or not but my fish tales has a decent backglass but was thinking about getting the 3D one that is out there. Though it is expensive, any feedback from anyone who has put one on their machine would be appreciated.

#2470 4 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Thanks for doing them.

Quoted from trumpy:

I'm packed up and moving in a few weeks. Once I get settled, I should be able to make 3, maybe 4 more towards the end of September when I get settled for those really wanting one. Shoot me a PM and I can message then.

#2471 4 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

I'm packed up and moving in a few weeks. Once I get settled, I should be able to make 3, maybe 4 more towards the end of September when I get settled for those really wanting one. Shoot me a PM and I can message then.

HERO!

#2472 4 years ago

Pm sent

#2473 4 years ago

Hello people ... I introduce myself my name is Alex, I am from Argentina ... I bought such a fish tales few days ago ... much to improve ... but with pleasure !!! regards

IMG-20190821-WA0047 (resized).jpegIMG-20190821-WA0047 (resized).jpegIMG-20190821-WA0045 (resized).jpegIMG-20190821-WA0045 (resized).jpegScreenshot_20190822-175504_Mercado Libre (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190822-175504_Mercado Libre (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190822-175454_Mercado Libre (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190822-175454_Mercado Libre (resized).jpgIMG-20190821-WA0050 (resized).jpegIMG-20190821-WA0050 (resized).jpegScreenshot_20190822-175504_Mercado Libre (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190822-175504_Mercado Libre (resized).jpg
#2474 4 years ago
Quoted from Asanteiro:

Hello people ... I introduce myself my name is Alex, I am from Argentina ... I bought such a fish tales few days ago ... much to improve ... but with pleasure !!! regards

Welcome to the club. That playfield looks nice. Good luck with the repairs.

#2475 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Not sure if this has been asked or not but my fish tales has a decent backglass but was thinking about getting the 3D one that is out there. Though it is expensive, any feedback from anyone who has put one on their machine would be appreciated.

Hi mate, the 3D translite looks fantastic and well worth it. I have it on other games as well but it looks especially good on FT. You won't regret it.

#2476 4 years ago

When I installed new flipper return frames I noticed that some of the spacers where getting old and brittle. I’m planning to replace them so I measured them to 13-14 mm. The Internet helps me when everything in a pinball machine is measured in inches (why oh why don’t usa convert to the metric system). The spacer I need is 0.541 inches or something like that. But now I have to choose between #6 or #8. What on earth does that mean?
Does anyone know wich spacer it is in the return frame. There is 9 on each side. Please help a poor swede.

#2477 4 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

When I installed new flipper return frames I noticed that some of the spacers where getting old and brittle. I’m planning to replace them so I measured them to 13-14 mm. The Internet helps me when everything in a pinball machine is measured in inches (why oh why don’t usa convert to the metric system). The spacer I need is 0.541 inches or something like that. But now I have to choose between #6 or #8. What on earth does that mean?
Does anyone know wich spacer it is in the return frame. There is 9 on each side. Please help a poor swede.

We tried converting when I was a kid. What a pain in the ass... Now it's back to measuring the right way

#2478 4 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8022-1

These #6 are 0.541 inches...and because the US is stubborn and think they can do fractions, which 5 out of 4 people can’t

#2479 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8022-1
These #6 are 0.541 inches...and because the US is stubborn and think they can do fractions, which 5 out of 4 people can’t

That is the one I’m almost sure I should get. And I can get it at home. They are about a dollar each and maybe 6 dollars in shipping. I don’t go bankrupt if it goes wrong but it is a bummer. Are you sure?

#2480 4 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

That is the one I’m almost sure I should get. And I can get it at home. They are about a dollar each and maybe 6 dollars in shipping. I don’t go bankrupt if it goes wrong but it is a bummer. Are you sure?

For sure don’t go broke getting those. I’m sure you could find a suitable replacement, maybe even some tubing from a plumbing supply store and cut to length. The screws that go through all the pieces hold it together.

#2481 4 years ago

And by the way. I love fractions. It’s genious. But with the metric system it all connects. 1 meter is 10 decimeter and 100 centimeters. 1 dm x 1 dm x 1 dm (a cube) is 1 liter. 1 liter of water is 1 kilo gram wich is 1000 grams... and so on. It’s understandable.

#2482 4 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

And by the way. I love fractions. It’s genious. But with the metric system it all connects. 1 meter is 10 decimeter and 100 centimeters. 1 dm x 1 dm x 1 dm (a cube) is 1 liter. 1 liter of water is 1 kilo gram wich is 1000 grams... and so on. It’s understandable.

I’m with you 100%! I teach science and it’s all we use. I ask my students all the time who knows how many inches in a mile...crickets. Then I show them in about 2 seconds I can convert km to mm. Fractions have there place and I love them too, but we like to make things challenging. Forget about me giving people lessons at the local store on ounces, cups, pints, quarts and gallons lol.

#2483 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

For sure don’t go broke getting those. I’m sure you could find a suitable replacement, maybe even some tubing from a plumbing supply store and cut to length. The screws that go through all the pieces hold it together.

Please. No jokes in a language I can hardly speak.
Are they the right ones or not?

#2484 4 years ago

So we have a small 650 square foot off grid fishing cottage. We had solar installed last year with the intent of having a Fish Tales to play in the middle of the woods. After securing a locally available one here on Pinside, it finally made the journey up into our location deep in the Ottawa National Forest in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
D18D93BE-303F-487E-93B6-829B6BA6FDBE (resized).jpegD18D93BE-303F-487E-93B6-829B6BA6FDBE (resized).jpegBA6DF28A-D006-41D5-B5A2-1B04230ADF60 (resized).jpegBA6DF28A-D006-41D5-B5A2-1B04230ADF60 (resized).jpegDE4805ED-6CE1-4861-B2F4-8D678954D2F2 (resized).jpegDE4805ED-6CE1-4861-B2F4-8D678954D2F2 (resized).jpeg0566B6C3-9344-4C25-AB3D-681C44DC2FC3 (resized).jpeg0566B6C3-9344-4C25-AB3D-681C44DC2FC3 (resized).jpeg

7F30D9DA-E753-411B-9361-A33F34E4C294 (resized).jpeg7F30D9DA-E753-411B-9361-A33F34E4C294 (resized).jpeg
#2485 4 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

Please. No jokes in a language I can hardly speak.
Are they the right ones or not?

Ok! Yes these are the ones you described and I just checked my game, #6 is correct

#2486 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Ok! Yes these are the ones you described and I just checked my game, #6 is correct

From one teacher to another. Thank you very much!

#2487 4 years ago

I put new plastics on my fish tales but the "old man" plastic with the rivet, I have yet to put on. What size rivet do I need for it and is there a video or walk through to show how to do it correctly without breaking the plastic?

Old Man Plastic (resized).pngOld Man Plastic (resized).png
#2488 4 years ago

Just wondering if Pinsound has a good mix for FishTales ?

#2489 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I put new plastics on my fish tales but the "old man" plastic with the rivet, I have yet to put on. What size rivet do I need for it and is there a video or walk through to show how to do it correctly without breaking the plastic?[quoted image]

In places like that, I use small button head machine screws. Got the idea from someone else here and perfect for plastics like this. They look almost exactly like rivets and far easier to use. Plus you can always remove them easily. I forget what length I got but you just want them long enough to hold the plastic and nylon nut.

ebay.com link: 5 40 Button Head Socket Cap Screws Allen Hex Drive Stainless Steel 18 8 Qty 100

#2490 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I put new plastics on my fish tales but the "old man" plastic with the rivet, I have yet to put on. What size rivet do I need for it and is there a video or walk through to show how to do it correctly without breaking the plastic?[quoted image]

Rivet press

#2491 4 years ago

Hoping someone can help me chase down / fix a fault code.

50005 REV. L-5

Machine reboots, essentially, at ball launch and then resets.

Was happening maybe once every session of 4+ hours. Last night it happened twice in a short session.

Any help would be great. I am not well versed in this stuff.

Thanks.

#2492 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Machine reboots, essentially, at ball launch and then resets.

Reseat the ribbon cable between the power driver board and CPU, but most likely the +5volts is dropping/failing.

#2493 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Reseat the ribbon cable between the power driver board and CPU, but most likely the +5volts is dropping/failing.

I will give that a try. Thanks.

Now. Imagine you were trying to explain that last bit to your dog...

#2494 4 years ago

There is a known problem where the 5 volts drops just a hair too low like a .0 something of a volt low, then the game resets itself.

There is a couple fixes for that. An add on board that regulates the voltage to prevent the resets.

Search the forum for WPC 5v power reset, or WPC reset.

#2495 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I will give that a try. Thanks.
Now. Imagine you were trying to explain that last bit to your dog...

Lmao!

#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

There is a known problem where the 5 volts drops just a hair too low like a .0 something of a volt low, then the game resets itself.
There is a couple fixes for that. An add on board that regulates the voltage to prevent the resets.
Search the forum for WPC 5v power reset, or WPC reset.

Awesome. Thanks for that info.

#2497 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

That machine is filthy, you should have cleaned it before you put the new plastics on.

#2498 4 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

That machine is filthy, you should have cleaned it before you put the new plastics on.

I was hoping that was the "before" pic taken while it was still in the barn

#2499 4 years ago
Quoted from krivoap:

So we have a small 650 square foot off grid fishing cottage. We had solar installed last year with the intent of having a Fish Tales to play in the middle of the woods. After securing a locally available one here on Pinside, it finally made the journey up into our location deep in the Ottawa National Forest in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful Golden Retriever....

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Beautiful Golden Retriever....

Thanks! She just turned one year old. Although she is pretty much full grown now, she is still very much a puppy with tons of energy. She is an excellent arcade dog.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

12,500 (OBO)
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 169.00
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/50?hl=mymalibu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.