IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 112.
#2351 4 years ago

These guys have it in stock. Ordered from them a bunch, they are good. http://actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=A-12687

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

These guys have it in stock. Ordered from them a bunch, they are good. http://actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=A-12687

This is the one he's looking for. The actuator has an offset in it.

http://actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=5647-12693-18

#2353 4 years ago

The one I linked should be the whole assembly, but the same switch according to the manual. You are right though, its missing the offset. So in that case, buy yourself a new cherry switch and swap the actuator over since that doesnt seem to be in stock anywhere. Bryan sells those switches

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

The one I linked should be the whole assembly, but the same switch according to the manual. You are right though, its missing the offset. So in that case, buy yourself a new cherry switch and swap the actuator over since that doesnt seem to be in stock anywhere. Bryan sells those switches

This? https://www.pinballking.com.br/produto/268751/micro-switch-cherry

#2355 4 years ago

Howdy gang! Why is it so hard to find a machine! I’ve missed ion more FT than any other pin I’ve tried to collect.
Please add me to the group! I hope to have one soon!!

#2356 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I looked again and the one at Action does appear to be the correct one. I looked at the pic and not the description. And yes, if your actuator is good, I sell the switches for $3.50 each.

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I looked again and the one at Action does appear to be the correct one. I looked at the pic and not the description. And yes, if your actuator is good, I sell the switches for $3.50 each.

I was going to mention Bryan's switches.
I got some from him. Used several up quickly. Actuator pops right off, and snaps back on.

3 weeks later
#2358 4 years ago

Happy to say I'm back in the club .......... with my third Fish Tales Always loved this game and clearly something drags me back to it !

Really pleased with the playfield on this one - best I have had. Cab is good but very faded, guess you can't have everything ... I'll take good pf over nice cab everytime.

P1080992 (resized).JPGP1080992 (resized).JPGP1080994 (resized).JPGP1080994 (resized).JPGP1090005 (resized).JPGP1090005 (resized).JPGP1090008 (resized).JPGP1090008 (resized).JPGP1090011 (resized).JPGP1090011 (resized).JPG
#2359 4 years ago

Nice looking FT! Love seeing FT next to WH2O. Those games just go so great together.

#2360 4 years ago

Has anyone bought a Rottendog MPU recently? We were planning on getting one for FT, just want to make sure the quality is good.

#2361 4 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Has anyone bought a Rottendog MPU recently? We were planning on getting one for FT, just want to make sure the quality is good.

I have had one in my WH20 for about 3 years now. Has been fine ..... <crosses fingers>

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Bought one for my Congo (WPC95) a few years ago when the mpu finally junked out from battery corrosion. Works fine for the most part. Only negative thing I can think of is that it goes through batteries fast. Heard other users say the same. I recently put in nvram so no longer an issue.

#2363 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

I have had one in my WH20 for about 3 years now. Has been fine ..... &lt;crosses fingers&gt;

Quoted from jawjaw:

Bought one for my Congo (WPC95) a few years ago when the mpu finally junked out from battery corrosion. Works fine for the most part. Only negative thing I can think of is that it goes through batteries fast. Heard other users say the same. I recently put in nvram so no longer an issue.

Thanks for the replies, going to go ahead with the new board.

2 weeks later
#2364 4 years ago

After a little work and a new CPU board, my Fish Tales is up and running. I tried to swap out the colorDMD from my Roadshow to Fish Tales but when it is all set up, the colorDMD only shows one color (yellow). I looked into the firmware in settings, and it is still showing the Roadshow firmware and I believe this is why it is only showing yellow.

I went through the process to load the Fish Tales firmware but can not get it to take place of the current Roadshow firmware. What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do in order to remove the Roadshow firmware and get the Fish Tales firmware loaded correctly?

#2365 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

After a little work and a new CPU board, my Fish Tales is up and running. I tried to swap out the colorDMD from my Roadshow to Fish Tales but when it is all set up, the colorDMD only shows one color (yellow). I looked into the firmware in settings, and it is still showing the Roadshow firmware and I believe this is why it is only showing yellow.
I went through the process to load the Fish Tales firmware but can not get it to take place of the current Roadshow firmware. What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do in order to remove the Roadshow firmware and get the Fish Tales firmware loaded correctly?

Colordmd says: "Simply download the desired "colordmd.rom" firmware file and save it to the USB flash drive. Then insert the flash drive in the USB port on the ColorDMD controller board, and press and hold the left button for five seconds. The file will be automatically updated and saved to the ColorDMD."

If that is not working, try a different usb flash drive. Make sure nothing else is on the memory stick except the colordmd file. If you are still having trouble, contact colordmd.

#2366 4 years ago

I want in. Someone in Nor Cal sell me your Fish Tales.

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Make sure that the name on the file you save to the usb stick is just “chroma” no numbers. It might not be reading the new file if it has a number.

#2368 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Make sure that the name on the file you save to the usb stick is just “chroma” no numbers. It might not be reading the new file if it has a number.

Thanks for the advice. I am going to start all over tonight as I have followed the fixes that were on ColorDMD.com. I am going to completely remove everything, reinstall, and I have 3 USB keys to use (though one is the USB key I used for Roadshow and worked then). I know the issue is with the Rom file being loaded into the ColorDMD. Hopefully tonight I can get it to work.

#2369 4 years ago

So I decided to start from the beginning with the ColorDMD display. I hooked everything up, followed directions, used a brand new 2GB USB stick, and when i turn the machine on, the display stays blanks. The DONE light remains on and all other lights (PROG and INIT) remain off. Not sure what I am doing wrong and read the "Trouble Shooting" on ColorDMD.com.

If i go into the menu and the ColorDMD info screen, the Roadshow Rom still shows (RS.3.2). Any other suggestions on how to fix this and get it working properly?

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

So I decided to start from the beginning with the ColorDMD display. I hooked everything up, followed directions, used a brand new 2GB USB stick, and when i turn the machine on, the display stays blanks. The DONE light remains on and all other lights (PROG and INIT) remain off. Not sure what I am doing wrong and read the "Trouble Shooting" on ColorDMD.com.
If i go into the menu and the ColorDMD info screen, the Roadshow Rom still shows (RS.3.2). Any other suggestions on how to fix this and get it working properly?

Its the file on your stick then.
Make sure stick is blank.
Clear computer of all colordmd chroma files, delete.
Re-download Fish Tales code from website for your version of colordmd. Do you have the older displays? Will say on the control board.
Once done, transfer file to stick one more time.
Insert stick into Colordmd.
Hold far left button for 5 seconds till it loads.
Once you download file to your computer it should say, and only say....
Chroma.rom... ...
no numbers after it or anything else.

#2371 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Is it an LCD or LED? Not sure if it makes a difference, but maybe you downloaded the wrong version by mistake.

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I want in. Someone in Nor Cal sell me your Fish Tales.

Sell a pin lately? lol

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80139

#2373 4 years ago

Anyone have trouble with the reel after replacing both pulleys, optos, and the belt? Mine works great for the most part but acts up now and then. New pulleys and belt definitely helped but not 100%. It gets out of alignment and doesn't seem to be able to spin right. It spins a little then stops, spins a little and stops, without ever lining up with ramp. Turning the game off and back on forces the reel to spin all the way around and that usually fixes it but not always.

#2374 4 years ago

I bought this in a sorry state about 6 years ago, cab was pretty bad but playfield was good.
Had a new cab built which was also sprayed sunset orange inside, also fitted oak rails.
Keeper.

A0566172-78CC-4504-820F-A2C03D7DE280 (resized).jpegA0566172-78CC-4504-820F-A2C03D7DE280 (resized).jpeg3360DEBA-D1BA-4DAA-A538-BC3BE716AAB8 (resized).jpeg3360DEBA-D1BA-4DAA-A538-BC3BE716AAB8 (resized).jpeg157B5DC9-352F-48AC-8ED3-59170C168CC9 (resized).jpeg157B5DC9-352F-48AC-8ED3-59170C168CC9 (resized).jpeg
#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Anyone have trouble with the reel after replacing both pulleys, optos, and the belt? Mine works great for the most part but acts up now and then. New pulleys and belt definitely helped but not 100%. It gets out of alignment and doesn't seem to be able to spin right.

There are several ways to test that...
In the diagnostics, you could run the reel test to see if the motor runs reliably.

You could also go in to the switch test and move the reel manually and confirm the switches are sending a solid signal and working as expected. Maybe an opto is bad, or out of alignment, or there is some poor connection or bad connector. (knock on the playfield while testing and see if the opto output changes)

#2376 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

There are several ways to test that...
In the diagnostics, you could run the reel test to see if the motor runs reliably.
You could also go in to the switch test and move the reel manually and confirm the switches are sending a solid signal and working as expected. Maybe an opto is bad, or out of alignment, or there is some poor connection or bad connector. (knock on the playfield while testing and see if the opto output changes)

Thanks for the tips. I tried all that and everything works flawlessly. I replaced the opto transmitters earlier this year and they seem to be perfect. Next time it acts up I will have to dig in at that time. I usually just turn it off and look into it later but then it's always working.

#2377 4 years ago

Hello,all,does anyone know where to buy the "Wave" decals on the bow of the boat???Or are they now unavailable!!Thanks!!!!

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,all,does anyone know where to buy the "Wave" decals on the bow of the boat???Or are they now unavailable!!Thanks!!!!

These one's?
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/decals-playfield-ramp/fish-tales-williams-pinball-machine-ramp-water-decals-bottom-mount-under-ramp/
There is 2 types also, one lot mounts on top of the ramp plastic, other one underneath.

#2379 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Those decals kind of block the view of the pops and top lanes. I prefer leaving that clear. (Installed a new set of clear plastic ramp protectors to make it really clear.)

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CA-CP-FT-RM

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Those decals kind of block the view of the pops and top lanes. I prefer leaving that clear. (Installed a new set of clear plastic ramp protectors to make it really clear.)
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CA-CP-FT-RM

I agree, the wave decals seemed to block view.

#2381 4 years ago

I took mine off.

#2382 4 years ago

OK,Fellas,Thank'you for the heads up on the Wave decals!! If Eric says no,thats good enough for me!!!!

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I agree, the wave decals seemed to block view.

#2383 4 years ago

Off she is going to a new home, lot of blood sweat and tears sitting right there. But couldn’t be going to a better home

13447F65-2639-42DE-92A9-D1AFA50AEB19 (resized).jpeg13447F65-2639-42DE-92A9-D1AFA50AEB19 (resized).jpegD0ED46FF-5901-42BB-B6A2-866F04927C3A (resized).pngD0ED46FF-5901-42BB-B6A2-866F04927C3A (resized).png
#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Off she is going to a new home, lot of blood sweat and tears sitting right there. But couldn’t be going to a better home[quoted image][quoted image]

NO effin' way dude?!?!? All the best, man, hate to see that walk (roll) out the door!!

#2385 4 years ago

northerndude thanks so much man, some great memories bringing that baby back to life

#2386 4 years ago

northerndude thanks so much man, some great memories bringing that baby back to life

That sold fast! Congrats on sale and beautiful restoration. Sorry to see you leave club.
Come by and drop a line anytime.

#2387 4 years ago

After selling my FT a few years ago, I’m BACK IN! Man, I missed this game first game I have bought a 2nd of and so glad I did.
IMG_20190613_221322475 (resized).jpgIMG_20190613_221322475 (resized).jpgIMG_20190616_110633856 (resized).jpgIMG_20190616_110633856 (resized).jpgIMG_20190613_221355637 (resized).jpgIMG_20190613_221355637 (resized).jpgIMG_20190615_190952736 (resized).jpgIMG_20190615_190952736 (resized).jpg

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

After selling my FT a few years ago, I’m BACK IN!

Judging by the photos I will assume it's way nicer than your original?

#2389 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Judging by the photos I will assume it's way nicer than your original?

Yes. This is pretty much the nicest one ive ever seen

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes. This is pretty much the nicest one ive ever seen

You have not seen mine then!

#2391 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

You have not seen mine then!

Well, I meant in person, but let's see some pics

#2392 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, I meant in person, but let's see some pics

I've got a few.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2393 4 years ago

Sweet! Cleared cab?

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Sweet! Cleared cab?

It's a new cabinet with direct print art then cleared. Made the same way as Spooky's butter cabinets.

#2396 4 years ago

Here's a few details.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2397 4 years ago

Awesome!

#2398 4 years ago

My baby, took me like 9-10 months to get it completed. Cause I’m slow

1999E162-5516-427F-AF95-14BF0BC290FF (resized).jpeg1999E162-5516-427F-AF95-14BF0BC290FF (resized).jpeg
#2400 4 years ago

Awesome northerndude !

Awe, thx. It's old news now, @yzafguy was looking for some sweet FT pics. I have to believe mine is in the sweet assed FT pic category, it's self described as sweet ass pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,500 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 169.00
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.