IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
20240406_211505 (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 112.
#2252 5 years ago
Quoted from sugarhillabe:

In regular mode, if you start multiball but don't hit a jackpot, the target won't come up. If you do hit one or more jackpots, then the target comes up and you have to hit it to reopen the Caster's Club

Thanks man!

#2253 5 years ago

Finally figured out my gi short issue - spilled solder on a lamp socket. Got the game finally back together and working 100% this weekend. Well, more like 95%. There are a few more things to sort out but good enough for now. Did a deep shop job - full pf teardown, fixed a bunch of stuff, rebuilt flippers, knocked off a lot of funk, and more. Game was filthy and neglected. Lots of new parts, Titan rings, Comet leds, spotlights, and Monster Fish mod. New plastic quality was a bit disappointing so kept as much original as possible. Lit the plastic over the right pop and the indian in the canoe on the left. Two spotlights over the slings. I used translucent pop bodies and skirts with leds that shine up and down. Looks awesome! Still need to sort out weak launcher and ghosting leds. Never had a game ghost this bad. Debating getting a bunch of non-ghost leds or the ocd boards.

20190111_234215 (resized).jpg20190111_234215 (resized).jpg20190111_234236 (resized).jpg20190111_234236 (resized).jpg20190125_191213 (resized).jpg20190125_191213 (resized).jpg20190127_182221 (resized).jpg20190127_182221 (resized).jpg20190127_184546 (resized).jpg20190127_184546 (resized).jpg
#2254 5 years ago

My drop target wasn't dropping when multiball started, so you had to hit caster club twice to light jackpot.

There is setting in Test mode for up and down on the drop target.

I had to tweek the bracket and play with the spring to get it to be able to drop in the test settings.

#2255 5 years ago

Hi thanks guys for you help, have managed to apply the internal side art.
With some good advice.
I seem to have opened a can of worms with the drop target, what a great little feature it’s is iv had this game years and never knew about it, iv now played the with settings and each setting activates it differently. Iv now left in on hard and it now pops up when the game starts.

#2256 5 years ago

For the people who want to update their FishTales....
Here is a link to my GoogleDrive for the D6 rom file.
It'll be there untill the file is up on the ipdb.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KjKm-7W2z431uvY4XC66ndtcp7USrrkf

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

#2257 5 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

For the people who want to update their FishTales....
Here is a link to my GoogleDrive for the D6 rom file.
It'll be there untill the file is up on the ipdb.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KjKm-7W2z431uvY4XC66ndtcp7USrrkf
Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

Is there a list of updates/fixes for this revision?

#2258 5 years ago

I found your other posts, looks like it fixes ghosting and some text. Thanks

#2259 5 years ago

Anyone looking for a CPR gold playfield?
PM me.

#2260 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I found your other posts, looks like it fixes ghosting and some text. Thanks

Care to share with the rest of us?

#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I've got the D-6 rom. It had the led fix and the extra ball fix. Send me a pm...

#2262 5 years ago

Anyone able to burn me the latest rom with the non ghost led fix?

#2263 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I'd like this too (I think). Everything is good for me, except my "I" rollover and corresponding "rear playfield bulb" are always on, but just slightly dimmer than usual.

Does this fix this?

#2264 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I get my roms for Dave Astill here in Canada. You can find him on Pinside @astill. Nice guy. He should be able to fix you up even in the US.

#2265 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'd like this too (I think). Everything is good for me, except my "I" rollover and corresponding "rear playfield bulb" are always on, but just slightly dimmer than usual.
Does this fix this?

That is ghosting. The LIE inserts ghost bad on mine, too, but pretty much every inserts ghosts. Ghosting patch is supposed to help but never tried one. I never had ghosting problems with other games so not sure why that is. I'm running L4 rom and not sure if L5 is better with LEDs.

#2266 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

That is ghosting. The LIE inserts ghost bad on mine, too, but pretty much every inserts ghosts. Ghosting patch is supposed to help but never tried one. I never had ghosting problems with other games so not sure why that is. I'm running L4 rom and not sure if L5 is better with LEDs.

Yeah it's the only one that ghosts on mine. Very strange!

#2267 5 years ago

I swear, FT ghosts worse than any other machine. I just installed the LED OCD board, which takes care of the ghosting and makes the LEDs look much more natural. Not cheap, but this pin is my baby! I also installed the Monster Fish mod. I'm not a big MOD/figure guy, but this one looks pretty good and is not too obtrusive.

#2268 5 years ago

Just got my new D6 rom installed tonight. Many thanks to Inkochnito for the file and to my friend Bryan who burned the chip for me. It works like a charm.

#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

Just got my new D6 rom installed tonight. Many thanks to Inkochnito for the file and to my friend Bryan at Portal Pinball who burned the chip for me. It works like a charm.

Can you notice any difference front m the previous ROM? LED ghosting?

#2270 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Can you notice any difference front m the previous ROM? LED ghosting?

I had slight ghosting on 2 lights, one of which caused my monster fish eyes to glow dimly all the time, so it was noticeable. Have not seen it since the D-6 was installed.

1 week later
#2271 5 years ago

So who the got the new boat ramp? I sent a pm....no response. Thanks dickhead.
Are there repro boat ramps available?

#2272 5 years ago

They are available but like every thing else in this hobby they are not cheap. Can’t direct you to a site but I saw them at Allentown and York show last year so repro’s do exist.

#2273 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I sent a pm....no response. Thanks dickhead

I'm pretty sure he now really regrets not selling it to you.

#2274 5 years ago

There’s repros and there is usually some used floating around.

2 weeks later
#2276 5 years ago

Freshened up with new rubber and Cointaker LEDa. (Premiums and retro warm whites)

inCollage_20190312_190218339 (resized).jpginCollage_20190312_190218339 (resized).jpg
#2278 5 years ago

Thanks. It also plays better. I never changed the black rubber, visually it looked ok when I picked it up. Then as I started removing it, I noticed it had taken on the shapes of the posts and such. Circlular rubber probably shouldn't look like a triangle when you remove it from a slingshot.

#2279 5 years ago

Does anybody carry the Gate that goes in the Caster Club?

#2280 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Freshened up with new rubber and Cointaker LEDa. (Premiums and retro warm whites)

It looks like some of the inserts have different colors from left to right. Are these two pictures of the same game? - do you have some color changing insert leds?

#2281 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

It looks like some of the inserts have different colors from left to right. Are these two pictures of the same game? - do you have some color changing insert leds?

Same game, no color changers. Taken during lamp test flashing, probably a camera illusion and/or bleeding.

#2282 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Does anybody carry the Gate that goes in the Caster Club?

Its a drop target

#2283 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Its a drop target

Yes, but there is a gate behind the drop target I believe.

#2284 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Yes, but there is a gate behind the drop target I believe.

Yes there is. Confirm the part number in the manual and search here. I know marco has various gates.

https://www.pinballsearch.com

#2285 5 years ago

Has anybody here pulled the mylar off a Diamond Coated playfield with any success?

#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yes there is. Confirm the part number in the manual and search here. I know marco has various gates.
https://www.pinballsearch.com

I've looked through the manual and haven't been able to find the part number. I made one based on the pieces I have from my broken one, but it isn't hanging quite right. I will mess around with it, but figured if I could find one i'd have the correct shape. Thanks for the link though, I do appreciate that!

#2287 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Has anybody here pulled the mylar off a Diamond Coated playfield with any success?

I did mine last year. I tried cold and hot methods, both gave me the same result.

Insert text came off with the Mylar on a handful of inserts, I also had a baby chip near an insert. A small piece of painted PF came up with it, beware! Go slow! Pull the Mylar against the grain.
If you want to see
Exactly what happened go to my Fish Tales refurb thread.

I only needed to buy a set of insert decals before I cleared my PF

#2289 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

I've looked through the manual and haven't been able to find the part number. I made one based on the pieces I have from my broken one, but it isn't hanging quite right. I will mess around with it, but figured if I could find one i'd have the correct shape.

Here is a photo of mine. You can see it is a "W" shape, and I assume there is a right angle bend on one of the arms that lets it only swing in.

I will have to dig a while to find an assembly pic. Mine needs a vacuuming!! Anyone have a spare casters club plastic?

IMG_7039 (resized).jpgIMG_7039 (resized).jpg

#2290 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Here is a photo of mine. You can see it is a "W" shape, and I assume there is a right angle bend on one of the arms that lets it only swing in.
I will have to dig a while to find an assembly pic. Mine needs a vacuuming!! Anyone have a spare casters club plastic?
[quoted image]

I've had my FT allmost 20 years and never realised there was meant to be a gate there

#2291 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've had my FT allmost 20 years and never realised there was meant to be a gate there

Im going to look at mine tmrw interesting

#2292 5 years ago

Mine doesn’t have that gate. It looks homemade. ?

#2293 5 years ago

I found mine couldn't see it at first its as though its stucks up dont believe its functional next time i remove the glass

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

I found mine couldn't see it at first its as though its stucks up dont believe its functional next time i remove the glass

Hmmm. Maybe mine is stuck up also? I will look closer.
I guess it would make sense to have a gate to prevent rejects of the casters club shot.

#2295 5 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Hmmm. Maybe mine is stuck up also? I

I definitely don't have one . I couldn't see " wire gate " in the manual , the closest I could find was " ball gate " at the top of the catapult . Because I don't have one that must be the reason why I haven't been able to crack 2 billion .

#2296 5 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

The casters club is hard enough to hit. That would stink if a good shot bounced out.

I found mine was stuck up when shopping it. Gave it a little tweak so it would move freely, and have not had any issue for years.

#2297 5 years ago

I have the gate on mine, for the sake of helping, I did try to find replacements... seems this part is unobtanium, May have to make your own,sadly

#2298 5 years ago

I noticed that TAF and TZ have W shaped gates at ramp entrances, but not quite the same.

#2299 5 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Mine doesn’t have that gate. It looks homemade. ?

It does look home made, but a wire gate like that definitely belongs there.

#2300 5 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

It does look home made, but a wire gate like that definitely belongs there.

I peered in and I have the gate too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 169.00
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.