IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 113.
#2001 5 years ago

4k, nice that makes me feel better about mine

12727782-E7CE-4B88-8A98-D0FA6D1C41EC (resized).jpeg12727782-E7CE-4B88-8A98-D0FA6D1C41EC (resized).jpeg
#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

[quoted image]

I can't see details, but yours looks well cared for, and I respect the color of powdercoat you have there. You have no worries about the value, but that point is moot - because this is one of the best games and you will never, ever consider selling it.

#2003 5 years ago

do the backboard flashers light during attract mode?

#2004 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

do the backboard flashers light during attract mode?

ok checked online and the flashers do not light in attract mode. can anyone please tell me if you can check the backboard flashers in the test menu. when i check i can only get one to light during the video mode flasher test. can anyone please confirm this is what their machine does as well?

#2005 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

ok checked online and the flashers do not light in attract mode. can anyone please tell me if you can check the backboard flashers in the test menu. when i check i can only get one to light during the video mode flasher test. can anyone please confirm this is what their machine does as well?

If you go into test mode and test flasher there will be a corresponding flasher in the backbox to everyone that lights on the playfield. I notice backbox flashers during gameplay most when locking a ball. Seems like they go crazy at that point

#2006 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

Go to the test menu, Flasher test is the T5 sub menu. hit enter twice till your display says running. (will start on repeat, then stopped.) all flashers will fire in consecutive order till you stop the test.

#2007 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

[quoted image]

That is a great choice for powered coating. Blue looks way better then green or red that I’ve seen..

#2008 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

If you go into test mode and test flasher there will be a corresponding flasher in the backbox to everyone that lights on the playfield. I notice backbox flashers during gameplay most when locking a ball. Seems like they go crazy at that point

ok i only have myvideo mode light in the back bock lighting on the flasher test, every single other one is not working. I have measured the voltage to the flashers in the backbock and am getting voltage, so it appears that the ground circuit is not working. Any help here on how i should trouble shoot this? Is this probably a transistor problem?

#2009 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

when i check i can only get one to light during the video mode flasher test.

The bulbs are probably all burned out.

#2010 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The bulbs are probably all burned out.

i was like " no way it couldnt be that, i just replaced all the bulbs with led's" then i was like " wait could 9 out of 10 bulbs not be seated correctly?"

then i was like " no way, that is statistically impossible"

then i was like "crap, i better go check"

then i checked and it was like, " I feel so stupid!"

thanks for the help

#2011 5 years ago

Hi guys! I am at the finishing stages of restoring a Fish Tales that has been sitting in storage for I don't know how many years. It has gone from being a rats nest of a sunfaded wreck to becoming a thing of beauty. Normally I would test it first, but it was in such a sorry state that I decided on addressing cabinet and playfield first before attempting to turn it on.

I was expecting problems, but this one I did not expect. No sound. I have confirmed that the sound pcb is working fine by swapping it into my BSD. I have vague speaker hum - but no bong and no sound. Volume adjustment does nothing. The game boots fine with no error messages. I have a new ribbon cable which runs from the PSU via the Fliptronics II. Any thoughts?

#2012 5 years ago

Something to do with the sound chips perhaps?? Try re-seating them if they are socketed (pretty sure they are) otherwise i got no ideas.

#2013 5 years ago

Replace all ribbon cables. The thin wires in them dry up and crack.

#2014 5 years ago
Quoted from Archieball:

Hi guys! I am at the finishing stages of restoring a Fish Tales that has been sitting in storage for I don't know how many years. It has gone from being a rats nest of a sunfaded wreck to becoming a thing of beauty. Normally I would test it first, but it was in such a sorry state that I decided on addressing cabinet and playfield first before attempting to turn it on.
I was expecting problems, but this one I did not expect. No sound. I have confirmed that the sound pcb is working fine by swapping it into my BSD. I have vague speaker hum - but no bong and no sound. Volume adjustment does nothing. The game boots fine with no error messages. I have a new ribbon cable which runs from the PSU via the Fliptronics II. Any thoughts?

What are your voltages on the power supply? Are both the 12vdc and 5vdc present and strong(+/- 10%)? are there any blown fuses?

#2015 5 years ago

Anyone interested in this stuff? Make me an offer, just don't kick me in the nuts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-parted-out-ft-parts

#2016 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Anyone interested in this stuff? Make me an offer, just don't kick me in the nuts.

pm sent

#2017 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The gun and the fishing rod plastic ARE gold. Congrats to whoever got them IF they were missing off your pin. If you bought them to flip, then uggggh.

#2018 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

The gun and the fishing rod plastic ARE gold. Congrats to whoever got them IF they were missing off your pin. If you bought them to flip, then uggggh.

Nope. The guy was missing his handle. I've seen the pics. No idea what he's doing with the rest of the stuff.

#2019 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Nope. The guy was missing his handle. I've seen the pics. No idea what he's doing with the rest of the stuff.

That makes me feel better being that I missed the 1 hour sale of parts. Oh well, i only wanted the rod plastic.

#2020 5 years ago

Hi again and thanks for the input. Turned out that the wire inside the speaker in the bottom of the cab had been torn off. Problem solved!

Quoted from Archieball:

#2021 5 years ago

Does anyone have reference pics of the pop bumper g.I. wiring? My ref pics are a bit shit in this area. I keep blowing the fuse that controls rear playfield g.I. (I think it's f108 without looking) I'm paranoid I've wired something wrong in the pops.
It was going fine, then would blow fuse mid game, now it blows on start up. I'm gonna pull the pops out again and check I havnt got any shorts, but some nice ref pics would be a huge help.
Thanks
Justin

#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

It was going fine, then would blow fuse mid game, now it blows on start up. I'm gonna pull the pops out again and check I havnt got any shorts, but some nice ref pics would be a huge help.

Take all the caps off the pop bumpers, pull out the bulbs, and check down inside the lamp base with a flashlight and make sure that a wire from one of the bulbs didn't break off and is shorting between the two sides of the wedge base connectors. Had that happen to me once and kept blowing a fuse...took me hours to find!

#2023 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Take all the caps off the pop bumpers, pull out the bulbs, and check down inside the lamp base with a flashlight and make sure that a wire from one of the bulbs didn't break off and is shorting between the two sides of the wedge base connectors. Had that happen to me once and kept blowing a fuse...took me hours to find!

Thanks man, I checked it out, but that's not the problem.
I had a similar thing with my scalextrix set a few years back, checking over 30 meters of track to find a tiny bit of wire shorting it.

#2024 5 years ago

Thanks for the pics northendude

#2025 5 years ago

New to the party on this one.

I added an octopus, eel and grouper to to the playfield. Also some water effect lights on the ceiling and floor to go with the theme. This is such a great title for those that want to have a bit of fun "personalizing" their game.

I still gotta fix that faded cabinet though...

playfield (resized).jpgplayfield (resized).jpgeel (resized).jpgeel (resized).jpggrouper (resized).jpggrouper (resized).jpgabove (resized).jpgabove (resized).jpgbelow (resized).jpgbelow (resized).jpg
#2026 5 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I added an octopus, eel and grouper to to the playfield. Also some water effect lights on the ceiling and floor to go with the theme. This is such a great title for those that want to have a bit of fun "personalizing" their game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That water effect is awesome! Like the grouper too.

#2027 5 years ago

I love the water effect as well! Cool.

#2028 5 years ago

You may or may not have seen my refurb thread I had going, well, you must have, it took me 10 friggin months to compete (just about) this pin. Re-did it mostly stock looking but made a couple minor additions.
-monster fish
-upgraded speaker
-chromed handle (love it!!!)
-leg protectors

Stripped EVERYTHING, recleared PF. Repaired cabinet, new artwork. Etc, etc, etc

0C48E5DF-FCE7-41ED-B130-CC9386B6658E (resized).jpeg0C48E5DF-FCE7-41ED-B130-CC9386B6658E (resized).jpegD0D37A93-A3CA-4683-AD15-FDE69C18EFEA (resized).jpegD0D37A93-A3CA-4683-AD15-FDE69C18EFEA (resized).jpeg5124F5FD-7663-4DA1-941C-B5F4B4425A58 (resized).jpeg5124F5FD-7663-4DA1-941C-B5F4B4425A58 (resized).jpeg606DA33D-B761-4C04-975F-CAAE116A1043 (resized).jpeg606DA33D-B761-4C04-975F-CAAE116A1043 (resized).jpeg7532B1C9-0D04-42DD-95AF-A1CB82A7E1F5 (resized).jpeg7532B1C9-0D04-42DD-95AF-A1CB82A7E1F5 (resized).jpeg77120A32-4356-41FE-9FDD-7A9D82AF5478 (resized).jpeg77120A32-4356-41FE-9FDD-7A9D82AF5478 (resized).jpeg
#2029 5 years ago

Dude! Looka amazing northerndude killer job man! Persistency pays off

#2030 5 years ago

You may or may not have seen my refurb thread I had going, well, you must have, it took me 10 friggin months to compete (just about) this pin. Re-did it mostly stock looking but made a couple minor additions.
-monster fish
-upgraded speaker
-chromed handle (love it!!!)
-leg protectors
Stripped EVERYTHING, recleared PF. Repaired cabinet, new artwork. Etc, etc, etc[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely Done! You got a Big one there!
Looks awesome, congrats!

#2031 5 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

BALL 4!?! What the hell?

#2032 5 years ago

I thought I would put this link in for my teardown pics for my Fish Tales. There is about 250+ I think. They won’t be in amazing order but there is a very good chance I have a nice detailed pic of something you need in there.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WveNpWYZWCTHfp4MWjN0kh6UB77p4VVt

#2033 5 years ago

Can someone take a measurement of the top of topper dome to floor and the width of backbox?
Picking up a FT on Monday! Not sure if it will fit in the basement. May have my first upstairs pin. The wife will be stoked! Lol.

#2034 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Can someone take a measurement of the top of topper dome to floor and the width of backbox?
Picking up a FT on Monday! Not sure if it will fit in the basement. May have my first upstairs pin. The wife will be stoked! Lol.

I can check later today - just got mine in the house last night (also my first pin ever)

#2035 5 years ago

Just bought and set up my FT last night! Anything I should know about it or any suggested mods/lighting I should consider (I prefer to keep the game as close to the original look/feel as possible)?

#2036 5 years ago

Congrats on a great first game!

#2037 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Congrats on a great first game!

Thanks - it was on my wife and my top 5 list and got a great one (very little playfield wear and sides are in great shape). Figure it was a great way to spend thanksgiving!

#2038 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Just bought and set up my FT last night! Anything I should know about it or any suggested mods/lighting I should consider (I prefer to keep the game as close to the original look/feel as possible)?

Wow, everyone will have a different opinion on that question. My two cents would be that if you are considering a lighting change but want to keep the original look of the game just put white LED's in the GI and behind the backglass, and colored below the inserts. Leave everything else alone for awhile and look at a lot of photos of other people's FT machines to see if anything else interests you.

#2039 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Colordmd is the best mod for this game you can get.

#2040 5 years ago

If anyone is selling a FT I am looking for one for my brother, located in NC.

#2041 5 years ago

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for FT with nice color & nice playfield. Non working project are ok”
2019-06-28
, NH
Wanted
Archived after: 70 days
Viewed: 281 times

#2042 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Colordmd is the best mod for this game you can get.

Good point. Completely agree

#2043 5 years ago

Picked up a Fish Tales yesterday, too! I've always wanted one so good day. Pins from the early 90s are the best. Needs some work and a full shop, though. This one is definitely not huo. Big thing is pf hinges are messed up. Hoping those won't be too hard to replace.

Translite has seen better days. Anyone buy a repro? Do they look as good as the originals? I've seen some on other games were they don't look that great. Might be better to look for a decent used one.

20181121_180550 (resized).jpg20181121_180550 (resized).jpg
#2044 5 years ago

Wow, Fish Tales buys for everyone!!!!

2n7qpq (resized).jpg2n7qpq (resized).jpg
#2045 5 years ago

Wow, Fish Tales buys for everyone!!!![quoted image]

I was thinking the same thing, then scroll down. Lol. Funny.
Is that 3 in 3 days?

#2046 5 years ago

So two other questions - I'm planning on giving the new machine a shop job and wax it. Are there any really good tutorials on this? Any Fish Tales specific ones?

Also, is it best to leave the machine on all the time, or turn it off at night/occasionally?

#2047 5 years ago

I leave all my machines off when not in use. Any of you other guys have height and width measurements on hand?

#2048 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I leave all my machines off when not in use. Any of you other guys have height and width measurements on hand?

Thanks - and sorry I haven't been to my house yet today to measure it. I won't be until later today (I'm in the process of moving and the machine is at the new place). I'll post when I get there if someone doesn't answer first.

#2049 5 years ago

No biggie. Hopefully your move is going smoothly. Moving on Thanksgiving, sounds rough but I'm sure it's for the best!

#2050 5 years ago

Thanks - We're moving in slowly over the week. I'm from Canada and our Thanksgiving is in October, so it's more just a chilled time for my wife and I to relax... and play pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 169.00
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

12,500 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/41?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.