Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
20240406_211505 (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 112.
#1901 5 years ago

Anyone have the Port and Starboard decals? Preferably the laminated ones that don't need mylar. I know Ericpinballfan just bought some, hoping to get lucky too!

Thanks!

#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshinDC:

Ha! I didn't see the key before, that's pretty awesome.
The small coil might still work; does it pull the plate towards it in solenoid test mode? It's not a very high-duty coil so I don't imagine it's likely to burn out.
To answer your other question: I don't have a decal on the drop target, and I don't think I've seen one anywhere (although that doesn't mean much). The drop target is pretty much completely obscured from view by the casters club though, so I don't think you'd see a decal anyway.
Josh

Yeah the key is a great touch! lol I didn't check the small coil, but it looks kind of crusty; it's only $10 or $12 so I figured I would go ahead and replace it while I am "rebuilding" the drop target assembly. Good point about the drop target being hidden and wouldn't see a decal if there were one on it.

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Good point about the drop target being hidden and wouldn't see a decal if there were one on it.

You can add whatever looks cool, but like mentioned above, it did come with it originally.

Added over 6 years ago:

edit - should say "did not"

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshinDC:

Anyone have the Port and Starboard decals? Preferably the laminated ones that don't need mylar. I know ericpinballfan just bought some, hoping to get lucky too!
Thanks!

Hmmm, no replies yet. Anyone have scans of these decals, or better yet artwork ready to print? Thanks!

Josh

1 week later
#1905 5 years ago

Just joined the club! The game I picked up doesn’t have the playfield slide bracket installed correctly. Where is a good resource to see how it correctly operates and should be installed?

#1906 5 years ago

Blitzburgh99 Are you referring to the hinge? Or the bushing it rides on?

Here you can see the hinge and bushing in the up position. Offer times it’s jist the spring is missing which can cause issues

827EA277-F39B-4F8C-8861-63EBC67FFE7F (resized).jpeg827EA277-F39B-4F8C-8861-63EBC67FFE7F (resized).jpeg
#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Just joined the club! The game I picked up doesn’t have the playfield slide bracket installed correctly. Where is a good resource to see how it correctly operates and should be installed?

It's possible the brackets just need to be replaced too. Mine were warped/torn, where the angle at the base (where the playfield pivots) had cracked and stretched a bit, so the angle there was larger than it should have been. They looked good but wouldn't lock unless you lifted up really high before sliding it out all the way. You can get replacements from Marco or Pinballlife.

#1908 5 years ago

The pic helps. Thank you. I’ll look at mine later. This game is kicking my tail right now!

#1909 5 years ago

Me too!
Thanks for this post. I need to get new brackets for mine...it's really screwed up. It got stuck half in half out and I couldn't get it to move!

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

It got stuck half in half out and I couldn't get it to move!

Sometimes the ground braid get tangled in it.

#1911 5 years ago

The pic helps. Thank you. I’ll look at mine later. This game is kicking my tail right now!

Mine kicked my arse for a while when I first got it, but I just kept playing it and eventually got better. I hadn't played it much in the past couple months, fixed the drop target assembly last week, been playing it a bunch and it's back to kicking my butt! I'm having a problem dialing in the caster's club shot lately; able to hit everything else pretty well.

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

blitzburgh99 Are you referring to the hinge? Or the bushing it rides on?
Here you can see the hinge and bushing in the up position. Offer times it’s jist the spring is missing which can cause issues
[quoted image]

Will you post more pictures of your side art blades with the playfield down? I guess they came from Tilt Graphics? He doesn't have very good pictures of them on his website installed on the game.

#1913 5 years ago

Picked up a beautiful fish tales with side blades and I also have an extra set of playfield plastics and an extra nos boat ramp that came with it..

IMG_20180919_131938697 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_131938697 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_131953809 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_131953809 (resized).jpg
#1914 5 years ago

I put super bands all around on mine, I thought it was fast before but it was mental , I had to go back to black rubber on the flippers .fastest pin I've ever played

#1915 5 years ago

Best option for Instruction Cards?

#1917 5 years ago

I’d argue mine a re best but I’m biased
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/31#post-4221610

2A713D05-F0DB-4ED6-BCFF-099488755CFC (resized).jpeg2A713D05-F0DB-4ED6-BCFF-099488755CFC (resized).jpeg
#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I’d argue mine a re best but I’m biased

Oh yeah, forgot about those. I like those the best actually.

#1919 5 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Me too!
Thanks for this post. I need to get new brackets for mine...it's really screwed up. It got stuck half in half out and I couldn't get it to move!

I've had major bracket problems too. Pf got stuck a couple times where I had to unscrew the hinges to get it back on track.

I really have to lift it straight up or risk getting it stuck again.

Apparently this is a common FT issue. I'm gonna replace the brackets too.

#1920 5 years ago

About 50% of my ball launches go down the left orbit and the other 50% end up in the roll over lanes and go into the pop bumpers. I'm assuming that the ball is supposed to go to the left orbit and feed the left flipper 100% of the time. I need to take a look at this and was going to check out the ball launch coil sleeve. Are there any common problems that would cause this or that I should look into?

#1921 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

About 50% of my ball launches go down the left orbit and the other 50% end up in the roll over lanes and go into the pop bumpers. I'm assuming that the ball is supposed to go to the left orbit and feed the left flipper 100% of the time. I need to take a look at this and was going to check out the ball launch coil sleeve. Are there any common problems that would cause this or that I should look into?

Check to make sure the plunger is hitting ball square, re-sleeve, and check it over. Make sure the screws that holds that mech in place is sturdy and not loose and on an angle.

#1922 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

All this bag considered my game is brand new, and the ball makes it around basically 95% of the time... but rarely is that at the same velocity. I think every FT is a little Different... depends on ball strike angle like northerndude mentioned but also the angle of the top right ball guide and the left up ball guide too lol

#1923 5 years ago

Need a little help. I keep trying to reset the high scores and am always left with some factory default scores. Want to zero that out for the family. What am I missing?

#1924 5 years ago

Resetting the scores takes out the high scores that have been put up with initials. It defaults to even number scores with factory initials not zeroes.

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

I keep trying to reset the high scores and am always left with some factory default scores.

Yes, it goes back to default 300/250/225million. However, I believe you can define what those defaults are. That appears to be adjustment menu 4, setting 11 through 14. Change the defaults to a low value, then clear the high scores.

#1926 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yes, it goes back to default 300/250/225million. However, I believe you can define what those defaults are. That appears to be adjustment menu 4, setting 11 through 14. Change the defaults to a low value, then clear the high scores.

Ahhhh... OK. I will give that a try.

#1927 5 years ago

Has anyone else had this issue? I have balls hitting the right side ball rail. Especially when the ball goes right-to-left orbit and I take that one time shot at the caster club from the left flipper...the ball seems to get a little airborne and is hitting the bottom of the ball rail. Is this common on FT? Should I just put some spacers and raise the rail up a little? Will that affect the ball’s ability to travel on the ball rail? Are my balls too big? Any insight/solutions from others that may have had these problems is appreciated.

#1928 5 years ago

Are my balls too big?

I'm sorry but i spat my bourbon on my monitor when i read that bit

#1929 5 years ago

the ball seems to get a little airborne and is hitting the bottom of the ball rail.

Not following. Where is ball hitting? photo?

#1930 5 years ago

Has anyone else had this issue? I have balls hitting the right side ball rail. Especially when the ball goes right-to-left orbit and I take that one time shot at the caster club from the left flipper...the ball seems to get a little airborne and is hitting the bottom of the ball rail. Is this common on FT? Should I just put some spacers and raise the rail up a little? Will that affect the ball’s ability to travel on the ball rail? Are my balls too big? Any insight/solutions from others that may have had these problems is appreciated.

Mine had a few washers stacked under the wireform ramp at the slingshot when I purchased it. I think I removed all but one when I shopped it, and I have noticed it making contact occasionally. I'd throw 2 or 3 under the slingshot attachment and see if it improves (I'll be trying the same).

Josh

#1931 5 years ago

Imagine the magnet stick as the path of the ball...

CA711AB5-5C61-48FB-A216-2B740A3CE489 (resized).jpegCA711AB5-5C61-48FB-A216-2B740A3CE489 (resized).jpegF1AADC37-E35E-441C-905B-D9C98AA0119C (resized).jpegF1AADC37-E35E-441C-905B-D9C98AA0119C (resized).jpeg
#1932 5 years ago

I was having trouble with air balls on the left flipper from the first flip off the plunge or from a fast right to left orbit.
I reset the flippers (using the gap guage that came with flipper rebuild kit between the flipper and the bushing) and the airballs stopped. May not be your problem, but worth a look.
J

#1933 5 years ago

Oh yea......here are some pics of my recently completed rebuild on a budget. Cab strip and decal, Insert re-level, artwork touch ups to tackle box, stringer fish and small fish. clearcoat. tumble or polish of all metal parts. New dmd, new mpu, New coil sleeves, flipper rebuild etc.
Really happy with the commet led's I got, love the double sided pop bumper lights, the body of the pop glowing is way cool.
Very fun to play...grows on me more every day.....

20181003_074313 (resized).jpg20181003_074313 (resized).jpg20181003_074338 (resized).jpg20181003_074338 (resized).jpg20181003_074357 (resized).jpg20181003_074357 (resized).jpg20181003_074410 (resized).jpg20181003_074410 (resized).jpg

20180915_132317 (resized).jpg20180915_132317 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1934 5 years ago

Looks amazing Justin!

#1935 5 years ago

Yeah very nice! What's budget about it? Sounds like you went all in.

#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Yeah very nice! What's budget about it? Sounds like you went all in.

Thanks
All the paints used are leftovers, clearcoat etc from work done on cars. I've re used as much as possible, tumbling and polishing instead of new. A good friend who is a talented artist did the art touch ups for free. Just stuff like that. I kind of blew the budget with some of the l.e.d.s and decals, but they make it pretty.

#1937 5 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Resetting the scores takes out the high scores that have been put up with initials. It defaults to even number scores with factory initials not zeroes.

I changed the batteries and lost all my scores except for Grand Champion ( 31 rock the boat's and 26 tales told all gone)

Quoted from JoshinDC:

Mine had a few washers stacked under the wireform ramp at the slingshot when I purchased it. I think I removed all but one when I shopped it, and I have noticed it making contact occasionally. I'd throw 2 or 3 under the slingshot attachment and see if it improves (I'll be trying the same).
Josh

I needed to put washers under mine as well must be a fishtail's thing .

#1938 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I changed the batteries and lost all my scores except for Grand Champion ( 31 rock the boat's and 26 tales told all gone)

Did you change batteries with the machine off?

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Did you change batteries with the machine off?

No slowly one at a time, second time it has happened.

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No slowly one at a time, second time it has happened.

Hmmm with the machine turned on it shouldn't matter if they were all taken out at the same time, unusual, not had that happen before.

#1941 5 years ago

Used to be a member but now I'm back digging in the tackle box.

Couldn't say no when I found a shopped out machine with pf protector for 2000 usd.

A0C19FDC-321A-4227-A022-46863A19DEDA.jpegA0C19FDC-321A-4227-A022-46863A19DEDA.jpeg
#1942 5 years ago

Aerobert,Nice pick!! I see the usual faded cab art! Go with led,s to brighten it up,and Welcome to our Club!!!!

#1943 5 years ago

Thanks! I don't mind the fade. Albino edition is the best edition. Lol

There's already a complete led kit, both GI, pf and backbox. It even has some extra spotlights installed. You can make it out in the pic. Also new mechs, rubbers and star posts.

Some slight wear on the inlane drops and the usual around the fish/tackle box but it's barely visible and a non-issue with the protector. I'm super happy!

#1944 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I changed the batteries and lost all my scores except for Grand Champion

Install an NVRAM and never have that issue ever again.

#1945 5 years ago

Excited to finally join the club!

IMG_0281 (resized).jpegIMG_0281 (resized).jpeg
#1946 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

Nice looking unit!!

#1947 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

With Colordmd! Nice FT Adam!

#1948 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

With Colordmd! Nice FT Adam!

Thanks! I got really lucky with this one...woman in Vegas opened the box new, kept it in her basement mostly untouched all these years. Closest i've ever come to feeling like I'm playing a brand new B/W.

#1949 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks! I got really lucky with this one...woman in Vegas opened the box new, kept it in her basement mostly untouched all these years. Closest i've ever come to feeling like I'm playing a brand new B/W.

WOW

#1950 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Hopefully you scored a deal on it to!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

12,500 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.