Topic Stats

• 2,973 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by dirkdiggler
  • Topic is favorited by 156 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 973 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200311_213242.jpg
CECE9C8E-F842-4CFA-94FF-F702E1F0549B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200318_174531 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200318_181909 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200318_154315 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200318_181952 (resized).jpg
20200318_121046 (resized).jpg
20200318_121102 (resized).jpg
20200318_121112 (resized).jpg
here (resized).jpg
DA9B55D2-95E6-4634-AE6E-BBA6A348CB44_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
910E4A20-2943-4FF3-9DC9-5FB03BA37750_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
5F97C029-19A1-40B5-AC40-5838381B7C52 (resized).jpeg
12C8F23A-1384-471D-95CB-42C4E1D5C469 (resized).jpeg
53945AE5-2B6F-47D5-BAB5-7114DCC7F441 (resized).jpeg
20200318_180018 (resized).jpg

There are 2973 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 60.
#1851 1 year ago

I finally found a CPR mini playfield today hidden in the crevasses of one of our favorite vendors and pulled the trigger. I don't think anyone is making them or WONT be making anymore in the near future. I hope I made the right decision. With all the effort and attention to detail I'm putting in to this Fish Tales, it only seemed right.

#1852 1 year ago

chuckcasey I found that the cpr boar ramp was actually done better Tehran the cpr playfield I have. The clear was thicker. Think u made the right decision

#1853 1 year ago

CPR should be remaking them again once they get that far in their new process. Also, I thought Mirco was going to be making FT playfields also at some point.

#1854 1 year ago

Fish tales is already printing and will be listed for sale next week.

Regards,
Mirco

#1855 1 year ago

I have a CPR gold playfield that I am not going to use now if anybody is interested.

#1856 1 year ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I have a CPR gold playfield that I am not going to use now if anybody is interested.

How much?

1 week later
#1857 1 year ago

Arrived today from Marco !! Also got the hard to get clear plastics and the little blue guy from Ministry of Pinball (first overseas purchase and it went perfect)

F611F99F-5ED2-46C7-BB8E-7B522B2212B9 (resized).jpeg
#1858 1 year ago

Speaking of the boat ramp pictured above...
Anyone have a spare Starboard/ Port insert decals they would like to sell me? Only need the 2 decals.
Thanks

#1859 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-topper-2

Fish tales topper just listed in the market place. I gave more than $200 for mine

#1860 1 year ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Fish tales topper just listed in the market place. I gave more than $200 for mine

Yea, folks usually pay twice that. Sweet deal. Just need the dome and shell decal.

#1861 1 year ago

Hi guys! Very happy to have joined the club! I am currently restoring a pretty dirty FT. The playfield is fine, except for in one spot where somebody has taken some sandpaper to it for some reason. Some of the art is gone, and I plan to repaint this area.

Can somebody here please take a good photo of said area, so that I can touch up the playfield as close to the original as possible? Thank you very much in advance!

unnamed (resized).jpg
#1862 1 year ago

With in an hour of my post last night a very nice pinsider sold me the Port and Starboard insert decals.
This is why pinside is so awesome.

#1863 1 year ago

Anyone any idea why my game does this occasionally?

Instead of locking ball 2 and keeping it, it gets thrown back into play?

A while ago there was a switch error - number 31, but that just went on it's own. Co-incidence?

Thanks

#1864 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

A while ago there was a switch error - number 31, but that just went on it's own. Co-incidence?
Thanks

Check for debris or dirt, fuzz on the opto's in reel area.

#1865 1 year ago

Thanks

This will happen on my FT if you restart a game with a ball locked.

#1866 1 year ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

This will happen on my FT if you restart a game with a ball locked.

Yes, and you should hear a warning callout "here it comes!" to let you know it is spitting a ball out the catapult back to you

#1867 1 year ago

I just did a flipper "re-build" on my FT. Holy crap are the flippers strong now. It makes the game so much harder.

Still fun, though.

#1868 1 year ago

How high have people taken the Super Jackpot?

100m is my highest but it does go up to 600m.

#1869 1 year ago

Why is the five bulb light board for the topper impossible to find?

#1870 1 year ago

How high have people taken the Super Jackpot?
100m is my highest but it does go up to 600m.

I've had it up to 200m but have no idea how it did that. I'm concentrating on slamming that captive ball when lit.
How does one advance the Super?

#1871 1 year ago
Quoted from Archieball:

Hi guys! Very happy to have joined the club! I am currently restoring a pretty dirty FT. The playfield is fine, except for in one spot where somebody has taken some sandpaper to it for some reason. Some of the art is gone, and I plan to repaint this area.
Can somebody here please take a good photo of said area, so that I can touch up the playfield as close to the original as possible? Thank you very much in advance! [quoted image]

Here:

15357555795611213676826 (resized).jpg
#1872 1 year ago
Quoted from Archieball:

The playfield is fine, except for in one spot where somebody has taken some sandpaper to it for some reason.

The ball can sometimes get stuck on that orbit switch, they were probably trying to eliminate that.

#1873 1 year ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I've had it up to 200m but have no idea how it did that. I'm concentrating on slamming that captive ball when lit.

After getting the 100m SJ, complete the next sequence of the 3 jackpots and SJ will be 200m.

Apparently it maxes out at 600m but you would need to be an unbelievable player to do this.

I am surprised with all the streaming challenges out there, that one of the top player's hasn't taken this challenge on?

Probably harder to do than Run to the Hills on Maiden or completing 9th reactor on TNA.

#1874 1 year ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

By doing what you said,hitting the captive ball.One you reach super jackpot each hit collects the super jackpot and increases it by another 100 million. Not sure about 600 but have collected 500 million. If you can start multi ball with super jackpot lit this will increase your chances of doing so.

#1875 1 year ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Here:[quoted image]

Massive thanks, plumonium ! Just what I needed!

#1876 1 year ago

Topper dome in stock at Marco if anyone was looking!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8653

#1877 1 year ago

Well, I get my new to me Fish Tales next week. First time pinball owner. Should be awesome!

#1878 1 year ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Well, I get my new to me Fish Tales next week. First time pinball owner. Should be awesome!

Grats dude!

#1879 1 year ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Your gonna love it.

#1880 1 year ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Fish Tales was my first also, hmmmm, you always remember your first.....

Watch out, these damn things multiply, it’s like tossing water on a gremlin!!

#1881 1 year ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Welcome to the club!

Great first pin!

#1882 1 year ago

I modified my fishing rod shooter to feature a lighted "cast" button instead of the boring red one. It looks better and I like the flashing prompt. It's a Stern tournament button with a new sticker inside that says cast. I simply built a new harness for the button that plugs into the existing wiring harness. Code is already in the game to make it flash when needed. Yes, you have to include diodes in the proper places since this missing light is in the matrix. I was toying around with the idea of building a few of these 'plug and play' buttons w harness for others to enjoy. PM me if interested so I can gauge popularity.

20180904_130414 (resized).jpg20180904_130426 (resized).jpg
#1883 1 year ago
Quoted from king-pin:

One you reach super jackpot each hit collects the super jackpot and increases it by another 100 million.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your quote here, but that's not how the super jackpot scoring works. I'll list out my knowledge on how the scoring works.

Once you start your first multiball and score the tropical, fresh water, and deep sea jackpots, the super jackpot scoring round starts. The first round of super jackpots is valued at 100 million. The player can collect this jackpot as many times as they can, and each hit will be worth 100 million only. Example, if the player hits the captive ball once, the player scores 100 million. If they hit it again, the score is still only 100 million. If the multiball ends and they were able to hit the captive ball 5 times, they had scored 500 million worth of super jackpots.

When the player activates a second multiball and again scores the 3 regular jackpots, the super round starts out at 200 million. On the third multiball, the supers start at 300 million. On the fourth multiball the supers are 400 million, etc...

So it's not necessarily the amount of times you hit the captive ball, it's the amount of multiballs you've played while getting to the super jackpot round.

If you have time, you can watch Keith Elwin put on a clinic of scoring super jackpots, and how the scoring progression works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=221&v=2uWFRAK2SQw

#1884 1 year ago

Is the drop target always supposed to be up at the Caster's Club at the beginning of multiball? The people that are getting to the super jackpots must be a lot better player than I am. I think FT has one of the hardest to achieve jackpots in all of pinball- hit the drop target, hit the caster's club then the left loop all to make one jackpot, then if you miss it, no re-light, even as mean of a game as TZ can be, no ball save even, it will give you a chance to re-light to the jackpot!

#1885 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Is the drop target always supposed to be up at the Caster's Club at the beginning of multiball?

No, not in default settings. It should also be down when you start a game. Frequently the mech that lowers the drop target needs adjustment.

#1886 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

No, not in default settings. It should also be down when you start a game. Frequently the mech that lowers the drop target needs adjustment.

Thanks for the info! I will have to take a look at mine. I did notice sometimes it was down at a certain point in the game and other times it would be up at the same point in the game. Do you know what I need to look at on the drop target?

#1887 1 year ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Once you start your first multiball and score the tropical, fresh water, and deep sea jackpots, the super jackpot scoring round starts. The first round of super jackpots is valued at 100 million. The player can collect this jackpot as many times as they can, and each hit will be worth 100 million only. Example, if the player hits the captive ball once, the player scores 100 million. If they hit it again, the score is still only 100 million. If the multiball ends and they were able to hit the captive ball 5 times, they had scored 500 million worth of super jackpots.

When the player activates a second multiball and again scores the 3 regular jackpots, the super round starts out at 200 million. On the third multiball, the supers start at 300 million. On the fourth multiball the supers are 400 million, etc...

I'm still a bit confused. I have been able to bump the super up from 100m to 200m in the same mb. I believe it was after again putting a ball into the casters club.
Time to do some heavy research on the rule set.

#1888 1 year ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Maybe I am misunderstanding your quote here, but that's not how the super jackpot scoring works. I'll list out my knowledge on how the scoring works.
So it's not necessarily the amount of times you hit the captive ball, it's the amount of multiballs you've played while getting to the super jackpot round.
If you have time, you can watch Keith Elwin put on a clinic of scoring super jackpots, and how the scoring progression works.

As far as I can recall I agree with you . I've got six 100 million jackpots in the first super jackpot multiball and then one 200 million jackpot in the next on my way to 1.5 b never got to 3 super jackpots so not sure what happens after that.

#1889 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Do you know what I need to look at on the drop target?

Fish tales drop target (resized).jpg

The coil should pull in the arm to push back the drop target so it falls, and the spring returns the arm to idle position.

Before adjusting it, make sure the coil is working. In coil test mode, if you give the arm a little push, can the coil pull it in? Confirm the wires are soldered on tight to the coil lugs.

Assuming the coil and power are OK. It is 26yrs old and the connections are not as tight as new, and things get a little worn. You can bend the ears at the base/hinge of the knock down arm, so it sits a little closer to the coil and grabs the arm every time. You can also bend the arm a little so it is a bit closer to the drop target, and it hits the drop harder if it is always clicking in but not always knocking it down. Some try stretching the spring a little, but that is tricky.

#1890 1 year ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I'm still a bit confused. I have been able to bump the super up from 100m to 200m in the same mb. I believe it was after again putting a ball into the casters club.

Now that you mention it, during regular multiball while going for the three regular jackpots, if you have all three balls still in play you can double a jackpot. First you have to put one of the balls in the casters club to light the jackpot (of course). After putting one ball in the casters club, it shoots over and gets stored in the reel. Now imagine at this point you have both balls cradled on each flipper; you have two options. You can either collect the jackpot in the top right saucer, or shoot a second ball into the casters club.

Back to our theoretical ball on each flipper cradle scenario. You use the left flipper and shoot into the casters club again. Now the regular jackpot has been doubled and you then immediately shoot the top right saucer for a double jackpot. The tropical jackpot (normally about 20 million) is awarded at 40 instead.

I'm not sure if this works during the super jackpot round. Usually if I get to the super round, I'm not even looking at anything else other than the captive ball. I wonder if you park a ball (or two) in the casters club if you can double the super...? Hmmmm very interesting, this might be something I check out tomorrow if I have time.

#1891 1 year ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Another possibility is starting another multi ball during multi ball by hitting the captive ball. I try to avoid doing this during normal jackpots but during super jackpot you have no choice.

#1892 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]
The coil should pull in the arm to push back the drop target so it falls, and the spring returns the arm to idle position.
Before adjusting it, make sure the coil is working. In coil test mode, if you give the arm a little push, can the coil pull it in? Confirm the wires are soldered on tight to the coil lugs.
Assuming the coil and power are OK. It is 26yrs old and the connections are not as tight as new, and things get a little worn. You can bend the ears at the base/hinge of the knock down arm, so it sits a little closer to the coil and grabs the arm every time. You can also bend the arm a little so it is a bit closer to the drop target, and it hits the drop harder if it is always clicking in but not always knocking it down. Some try stretching the spring a little, but that is tricky.

Thanks for the detailed post and pic! I'll have to do some inspecting and adjusting on mine.

#1893 1 year ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Another possibility is starting another multi ball during multi ball by hitting the captive ball.

Damn, didn't even think about that either. Now I am really curious and will try to do some detective work tonight.

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

I pulled the assembly and mine isn't looking so good. It appears it's missing something that goes from the arm to the drop target. The the push mechanism has an interesting "fix" we'll call it! The lower switch that the drop down target activates isn't hitting. The knock down coil looks toasty as well. I wonder if it's going to be a better choice to buy the whole assembly since it looks like mine is going to need more than just an adjustment. https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4546

Also, is there supposed to be a decal on the drop target? Mine doesn't have one.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1y1OvWw4V0pHTZnq46Fjy_OWi-9o-i-0v

#1895 1 year ago

Here are some pics I dug up of mine

A3F48188-5B28-4EA8-8437-59C1784A06E0 (resized).jpeg
#1896 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Here are some pics I dug up of mine[quoted image]

thanks for posting. do you have a picture of the actuating arm, and anything else that might go with it, that mine is missing? The manual lists an actuating arm guide with a part #, but I can't pull anything up under that part #. I'm not sure what it is, mine might have it.

#1897 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

do you have a picture of the actuating arm,

This might help. Now the arm can be facing left or facing right, depending on the game and which side the smaller coil is mounted.

LTG : )

IMG_0437 (resized).JPG

#1898 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

thanks for posting. do you have a picture of the actuating arm, and anything else that might go with it, that mine is missing? The manual lists an actuating arm guide with a part #, but I can't pull anything up under that part #. I'm not sure what it is, mine might have it.

You need 01-8647-R

Marco has it: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8647-R

I just replaced mine on my new-to-me Fish Tales as it was snapped off when I purchased it. I had to bend the arm a little so that it would hit the drop target and not the metal bracket (I assume this may be why it broke?)

After replacing it my target still wouldn't drop, so I jammed a screwdriver between the coils of the return spring and stretched it a little. Now it works perfect! I'm not sure that spring is even necessary, and it definitely doesn't need to be half as strong as it is.

Good Luck!
Josh

#1899 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshinDC:

You need 01-8647-R
Marco has it: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8647-R
I just replaced mine on my new-to-me Fish Tales as it was snapped off when I purchased it. I had to bend the arm a little so that it would hit the drop target and not the metal bracket (I assume this may be why it broke?)
After replacing it my target still wouldn't drop, so I jammed a screwdriver between the coils of the return spring and stretched it a little. Now it works perfect! I'm not sure that spring is even necessary, and it definitely doesn't need to be half as strong as it is.
Good Luck!
Josh

Thanks Josh! I think I am going to try and fix mine by order that actuating arm, the smaller coil, micro switch and the drop target reset arm that someone made one out of a key on mine

#1900 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Thanks Josh! I think I am going to try and fix mine by order that actuating arm, the smaller coil, micro switch and the drop target reset arm that someone made one out of a key on mine

Ha! I didn't see the key before, that's pretty awesome.

The small coil might still work; does it pull the plate towards it in solenoid test mode? It's not a very high-duty coil so I don't imagine it's likely to burn out.

To answer your other question: I don't have a decal on the drop target, and I don't think I've seen one anywhere (although that doesn't mean much). The drop target is pretty much completely obscured from view by the casters club though, so I don't think you'd see a decal anyway.

Josh

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 2973 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 60.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside