IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 112.
#1251 6 years ago

Flippers not working (but everything else on machine is working...including ball shooter, I can start a game but I can't hit any balls!)

Hi guys, I thought I had finally got my machine working, but I have one last remaining problem.

When I turned the machine 2 fuses blow up on the Fliptronic II Controller Board

Fuses F903 and F904

and I get these errors on the DMD

Check switch F1 R flipper E.O.S.
Check switch F2 R flipper Button
Check switch F3 L flipper E.O.S.
Check switch F4 L flipper Button

I replaced the 2 fuses, and turned the game on, same 2 fuses blew up straight away just like before and I get same errors on DMD.

Everything else on machine works perfectly ?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#1252 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

I replaced the 2 fuses, and turned the game on, same 2 fuses blew up straight away just like before and I get same errors on DMD.

My initial thought would be that you have shorted/buggered diodes on a flipper coil, this can also cause a cascade effect which will blow the corresponding TIP's on the Fliptronic's board. If you have blown TIP's and replace them definitely replace the diodes on the flipper coils also.

#1253 6 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Just set up at a new location. This is a nice one

That looks really nice!

#1254 6 years ago

Hi guys. Problem solved I had accidentally plugged the ribbon cable incorrectly into the dmd control board causing the flip tronics board to get fried !

Stupid mistake but at least I can fix it

2 weeks later
#1255 6 years ago

Just finished my Fishtales. Picked up a very faded and dirty non working project and got stuck into it as soon as I got it home. Very happy camper here.

IMG_0927 (resized).JPGIMG_0927 (resized).JPG
IMG_0930 (resized).JPGIMG_0930 (resized).JPG
IMG_1008 (resized).JPGIMG_1008 (resized).JPG
IMG_1009 (resized).JPGIMG_1009 (resized).JPG
IMG_1077 (resized).JPGIMG_1077 (resized).JPG

IMG_1050 (resized).JPGIMG_1050 (resized).JPG

IMG_1150 (resized).JPGIMG_1150 (resized).JPG

IMG_1177 (resized).JPGIMG_1177 (resized).JPG

IMG_1179 (resized).JPGIMG_1179 (resized).JPG

IMG_1180 (resized).JPGIMG_1180 (resized).JPG

#1256 6 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Just finished my Fishtales. Picked up a very faded and dirty non working project and got stuck into it as soon as I got it home. Very happy camper here.

Bravo...! Nicely done.

#1257 6 years ago

Nice salvage! That playfield is in amazing shape considering the state of then game.

#1258 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Nice salvage! That playfield is in amazing shape considering the state of then game.

Yes. The playfield was a very nice surprise under all that grime. This game had sat in a shed for at least 10 years. This was after a quick wipe down.

IMG_1011 (resized).JPGIMG_1011 (resized).JPG

IMG_1012 (resized).JPGIMG_1012 (resized).JPG

IMG_1018 (resized).JPGIMG_1018 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#1259 6 years ago

Hello everybody,new castor here! I'm joining the club!!Question for you cab restorers; got the new set from BAA,mine is bleached out white! My question,is it necessary to sand off old paint before applying new cab decals??Other than faded side cab,my FT is excellent,except for the loud banging the fish tail topper makes when it flips:(Whats high score for this game??Leave a message,gone fishing!!

#1260 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello everybody,new castor here! I'm joining the club!!Question for you cab restorers; got the new set from BAA,mine is bleached out white! My question,is it necessary to sand off old paint before applying new cab decals??Other than faded side cab,my FT is excellent,except for the loud banging the fish tail topper makes when it flips:(Whats high score for this game??Leave a message,gone fishing!!

I outlined easy cab decal installation here... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/retro-refurb-decal-installationjohnny-needs-a-new-suit#post-3773176
I used a different source for the decals but the installation is the same...

Also, I am building a new cab for my FT this weekend. I will document the decal installation in the next few weeks, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-fish-tales-rebuild/page/2#post-4023259

#1261 6 years ago

OH,thank-you Cosmo,much help!!

#1262 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I outlined easy cab decal installation here... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/retro-refurb-decal-installationjohnny-needs-a-new-suit#post-3773176
I used a different source for the decals but the installation is the same...
Also, I am building a new cab for my FT this weekend. I will document the decal installation in the next few weeks, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-fish-tales-rebuild/page/2#post-4023259

Cosmo, will i see you at Banning Pinball Madness?

#1263 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Cosmo, will i see you at Banning Pinball Madness?

I will be out there tomorrow afternoon, but I cant stay very long at all. I will shoot you a text if you're there....

#1264 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Other than faded side cab,my FT is excellent,except for the loud banging the fish tail topper makes when it flips:(Whats high score for this game??Leave a message,gone fishing!!

Is the dome installed over the fish? It's not that loud with the dome in place, and I enjoy that it shakes the pin similar to a shaker. If you want to kill it, you can unplug the inline connector for the coil.

Scores? I expect to have a 200mil+ game if I'm warmed up. A good Champion score is 1billion+, which is possible by earning all 3 fishing licenses in multiball, and then repeatedly hitting the captured ball for a 100mil per super jackpot in multiball.

#1265 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Other than faded side cab,my FT is excellent,except for the loud banging the fish tail topper makes when it flips:(Whats high score for this game??Leave a message,gone fishing!!

I did two things regarding the topper because it is fairly loud, even with the plastic covering on. First, I put a shooter tip on the knocker in the topper and put a piece of adhesive felt (like you put under furniture legs) on the plate on the fish itself to mute the knocking. Second, I installed a switch so that I could easily turn the knocker on and off (so the topper still lit, etc., but the knocker didn't activate if the switch was off). That way, if the wife and kids were in bed, I could still play with a quick flick of a switch!

#1266 6 years ago

Mine was looking sad next to modern Sterns, so I brightened it up a bit. Spotlights on the slings really helped.

IMG_1097 (resized).jpgIMG_1097 (resized).jpg

IMG_1087 (resized).jpgIMG_1087 (resized).jpg

IMG_1106 (resized).jpgIMG_1106 (resized).jpg

#1267 6 years ago

I really like those spots....its now on my to do list...

Quoted from ryanwanger:Mine was looking sad next to modern Sterns, so I brightened it up a bit. Spotlights on the slings really helped.

1 week later
#1268 6 years ago

I added spots to mine this weekend. Here's before and after pics

20171104_194752 (resized).jpg20171104_194752 (resized).jpg

20171104_203259 (resized).jpg20171104_203259 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1269 6 years ago

The nubs on my reel that fit into the pulley gear have apparently sheared off. Anyone know where to get a replacement reel? All the usual part suppliers don't seem to have any left.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1270 6 years ago

Building a new cabinet for mine...

20171112_175328 (resized).jpg20171112_175328 (resized).jpg

#1271 6 years ago
Quoted from RichandKellie:

Anyone know where to get a replacement reel?

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/fish-tales/target-21.html

It's second hand so not sure what it's like condition wise but pretty sure it would still be fine, they wouldn't put it up for sale otherwise.

#1272 6 years ago

Does anybody have a spare side plastic with the fishing rod lure and guy in boat decal? They dont come in the plastic set, I need some for a restoration
Im also looking for the reel handle ball launch... thanks

20171016_150324 (resized).jpg20171016_150324 (resized).jpg

#1273 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

fishing rod lure and guy in boat decal

They claim they ship world wide:

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/fish-tales/8085/rod-reel-decals-for-fish-tales-a-15405

Would be nice if you found a spare.

#1274 6 years ago

I saw those, but I believe they are just the decals not the plastic base. I can recreate the base if I need to, but I'd rather just get the whole thing.

#1275 6 years ago

Ahh, looking for the plastic also.

#1276 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I saw those, but I believe they are just the decals not the plastic base. I can recreate the base if I need to, but I'd rather just get the whole thing.

Yes cosmo, that is decal only and sadly, they dont ship to usa anymore, ended Jan 1.

#1277 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Yes cosmo, that is decal only and sadly, they dont ship to usa anymore, ended Jan 1.

Only way around that is perhaps get someone outside the US to buy items and then ship to the US from there, costly exercise but if something can't be sourced locally may be the only option.

#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Im also looking for the reel handle ball launch

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=fish+tales+handle

Left side only though
or
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/21-6689-4

Also only left side. No idea why the right side is hard to get, seems a bit weird.

#1279 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

unobtainable! believe half of FT owners are looking for that plastic.....
Mine is only cracked but still would love to get one

#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from singapore_pin:

unobtainable! believe half of FT owners are looking for that plastic.....
Mine is only cracked but still would love to get one

Im going to remove the one from the game at the MoP and trace the pattern onto some paper. Then at home I can transfer the pattern, cut it out and shape it. A friend has offered to scan and print the decals. I will post the results here, success or failure.

#1281 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Left side only though

How come left side only? What's the difference really? Please enlight me

#1282 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I have looked everywhere and only the left side is available. I was told that PPS will be running 500 units of reel handles in a few months. I was also told marco would get 250 sets. Im going to use a MM style ball launch button until the repro is ready...

#1283 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I have looked everywhere and only the left side is available. I was told that PPS will be running 500 units of reel handles in a few months. I was also told marco would get 250 sets. Im going to use a MM style ball launch button until the repro is ready

I've also heard of people adapting a real fishing reel also but not seen one myself as yet.

#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

The handle is split into 2 pieces vertically so they are not identical, rather, a mirror image, so you can't just use 2 left's to make a complete handle.

#1285 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Also only left side. No idea why the right side is hard to get, seems a bit weird

Is it possible the right side was more prone to tarnishing because of the way the hand hits it? I know the outside of Demolition man handles are worn more than the inside. Possibly people only needed the right side because it was the only side with wear. Just a shot in the dark.

#1286 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Is it possible the right side was more prone to tarnishing because of the way the hand hits it? I know the outside of Demolition man handles are worn more than the inside. Possibly people only needed the right side because it was the only side with wear. Just a shot in the dark.

Yeah most likely correct, i guess that proves there's more right handed people out there than left handed

#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yeah most likely correct, i guess that proves there's more right handed people out there than left handed

Lol. I instantly thought that same thing. Then I realized you can only shoot with your right hand on fishtales. Well I guess you could shoot lefty but it would be incredibly awkward. Lol

#1288 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Then I realized you can only shoot with your right hand on fishtales

Ahh true, for vid mode! If i remember correctly someone mentioned back in the previous pages that you can use the flipper buttons to do that, which i wasn't aware of at the time, i've always used the reel handle.

#1289 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I have looked everywhere and only the left side is available. I was told that PPS will be running 500 units of reel handles in a few months. I was also told marco would get 250 sets. Im going to use a MM style ball launch button until the repro is ready...

Well, according to the E mail I got from Dave at Marco the tooling for the right side of the handle does not exist. They are not expecting anything to be available in the near future.

#1290 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Well, according to the E mail I got from Dave at Marco the tooling for the right side of the handle does not exist. They are not expecting anything to be available in the near future.

Damn, that's a real bummer. Wonder if someone could make a resin copy (or something similar) using the two halves as a templates?

1 week later
#1291 6 years ago

Anyone looking for a bronze CPR playfield? I picked one up today in a trade. I don't know if these are still available.

#1292 6 years ago

Price for playfield is $500. Thanks

#1293 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Darn good price!

#1294 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Damn...I would have bought that it a second for my restoration if this was available last month...

#1295 6 years ago

Wow that is super tempting.

#1296 6 years ago

Out of curiosity, do you know why it’s bronze? Is it color misregistration, flaws, or something else? Any pics?

#1297 6 years ago

I have a tentative buyer plus a backup, but there is an imperfection right where the spinner would be.

#1298 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

but there is an imperfection right where the spinner would be

I have seen those from another pinsider, there is a picture somewhere...

#1299 6 years ago

Hey fellow Fishers. I am in the process of restoring a FT, and i want to put on some nice plastic protectors in yellow or green. Amazingly they are very hard to find in anything other than clear. I found a place in Germany but the sets are like 120.00 once shipped here. So Im making a custom run in neon yellow. These things are gonna look killer. Let me know if anyone is interested.

They will like like the picture below (this is not my photo, will add soon)

8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg

#1300 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

plastic protectors in yellow or green

I have seen fluorescent protectors on Metallica and they look sweet. Had not thought about using them on other pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 5,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/26?hl=sugarhillabe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.