IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 113.
#1151 6 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

What adjustments did you have to make?

Just had to slightly move the coil bracket so that the coil hit the ball dead center. It was hitting it towards the bottom of the ball. Works fine now.

#1152 6 years ago

I had to adjust my upper right ball guide a little too, to get the ball to travel around smoothly.

#1153 6 years ago

I think fishtales has some great merits, but its really hard for me personally to get past the music.

#1154 6 years ago
Quoted from Neuromancer87:

I think fishtales has some great merits, but its really hard for me personally to get past the music.

Add custom pinsound, make it what you want. Buddy added Johnny Cash!

#1155 6 years ago

Bump for both of these.

Quoted from wxforecaster:

Two random questions.
1.) I was at a friend's house Fri/Sat for a tourney and in video mode, the far boat toward the end offered a BS (big score) instead of EB for extra ball. How the heck is this setup? I've got extra balls turned off, tried tourney mode, etc. and my video mode simply shows nothing but boats. If anyone has this working, what ROM are you on? I have L-4.
2.) My FT came sans topper. I'm trying to piece one together from scratch. Would one of your fine caster's club members due me a huge huge favor and take a picture/measurements of the board that Floppy Fish sits against so I know what length/width/thickness to make the board and where/how large to drill the offsets for all the holes?? A HUGE thanks in advance.

#1156 6 years ago

it's not that bad. not like you hear it long . it would get stuck in my head, i remember.

#1157 6 years ago

I love the music actually, I guess it really depends on what you like.

1 week later
#1158 6 years ago

Replaced both diodes (even though they checked out fine) and resoldered all connections. Same issue. Any idea what else it could be? Could the little board itself be bad?

#1159 6 years ago

Would somebody mind posting a pic of their right lane bulbs from under the playfield? Trying to see if mine are wired correctly. Thank you.

Here is what mine looks like:

IMG_7353 (resized).JPGIMG_7353 (resized).JPG

#1160 6 years ago

Your wiring looks fine. Here are two angles of the right lane lamps.

IMG_3994 (resized).JPGIMG_3994 (resized).JPG
IMG_3993 (resized).JPGIMG_3993 (resized).JPG

#1161 6 years ago

At little late ... but here are pictures of the playfield fish with EL wire for fish line. Note the right lane wood guides have been done in real oak replacing the original black versions.

P1000112 (resized).JPGP1000112 (resized).JPG

P1000111 (resized).JPGP1000111 (resized).JPG

P1000107 (resized).JPGP1000107 (resized).JPG

#1162 6 years ago

Nice, I like that oak!
I just picked up a monster fish mod from theGiven last weekend.

1496084588880579298672 (resized).jpg1496084588880579298672 (resized).jpg

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

At little late ... but here are pictures of the playfield fish with EL wire for fish line. Note the right lane wood guides have been done in real oak replacing the original black versions.

Like the custom mini playfield and armor! Cab photos?

#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Your wiring looks fine. Here are two angles of the right lane lamps.

Thank you. This was very helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Cheers,
Craig

1 week later
#1165 6 years ago

Joined the club this weekend.

20170612_180700 (resized).jpg20170612_180700 (resized).jpg

20170612_180704 (resized).jpg20170612_180704 (resized).jpg

20170612_180712 (resized).jpg20170612_180712 (resized).jpg

20170612_180716 (resized).jpg20170612_180716 (resized).jpg

20170612_180724 (resized).jpg20170612_180724 (resized).jpg

#1166 6 years ago

why isn't the after burner a deluxe?

#1167 6 years ago

Not deluxe that would be awsome. Wont be in my basement if it was

#1169 6 years ago

Hey Boys,
I caught 9 fish and told 9 tales this afternoon...Who's got the record for fish caugh and told tales in this thread?

Added over 7 years ago: Make then ten and ten

#1170 6 years ago

Back in the club!!!

Thought I had my fill of this title, being that I've owned FT 2 times before... But at this years Southern Fried Gaming Expo, the family and I had so much fun playing it that I knew that I had to own this title again. I truly believe Fish Tales is a keeper, and this time, it won't be going anywhere for a very, long time, if ever.

Glad to have it again...

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Back in the club!!!
Thought I had my fill of this title, being that I've owned FT 2 times before... But at this years Southern Fried Gaming Expo, the family and I had so much fun playing it that I knew that I had to own this title again. I truly believe Fish Tales is a keeper, and this time, it won't be going anywhere for a very, long time, if ever.
Glad to have it again...

Third time is the charm. Get the 3d translite, its awesome.

#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Third time is the charm. Get the 3d translite, its awesome.

Where do you get a 3d translite from?

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Where do you get a 3d translite from?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=TLT

or

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/williams/fish-tales/fish-tales-translite-3d.html

Considering Euro conversion you're better off ordering from Planetary. I can vouch for how good they look on the machine, i have the Prototype on mine. Stunning is the best description

#1174 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=TLT
or
http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/williams/fish-tales/fish-tales-translite-3d.html
Considering Euro conversion you're better off ordering from Planetary. I can vouch for how good they look on the machine, i have the Prototype on mine. Stunning is the best description

Thanks mate! Very much appreciated....now to spend some money!

#1175 6 years ago

Has anybody had the issue where the balls shoot out slowly (3-4 second delay)from the catapault instead of rapidly during multiball. I've noticed this on a few FT I've played. Where should I look to fix this? Sometimes it will work normal and other times it will be slow.

#1176 6 years ago

that sounds so random it might actually be normal. i think mine was mostly slow.

#1177 6 years ago
Quoted from Vinosky:

Has anybody had the issue where the balls shoot out slowly (3-4 second delay)from the catapault instead of rapidly during multiball. I've noticed this on a few FT I've played. Where should I look to fix this? Sometimes it will work normal and other times it will be slow.

Ive noticed this to..But the answer may surprise you!! Its been pretty hot in napa. Ive noticed over past couple summers my reel band both on Fish tales and the ferris wheel band on Hurricane have gotten loose, a little stretched. This really slows things down.
Both have been in my garage last summer , tons of people playing, the catapult and switch where fine, but I noticed the reel band slipping, the heat of the day had slowly elongated it a few centimeters, just enough to slow reel down, not a full slip on cog, enough to give it the oddity you described.
Same thing on ferris wheels on Hurricane, that long band had also gotten hot and stretched a little, enough to make the ball struggle from wheel to wheel.
Just a thought, but maybe its just to hot where you have game.

#1178 6 years ago

Ive noticed this to..But the answer may surprise you!! Its been pretty hot in napa. Ive noticed over past couple summers my reel band both on Fish tales and the ferris wheel band on Hurricane have gotten loose, a little stretched. Thus really slowing things down.
Both have been in my garage last summer , tons of people playing, the catapult and switch where fine, but o noticed the reel band slipping, the heat of the dag had slowly elongated it a few centimeters, just enough to slow reel down, not a full slip on cog, enough to givebit the oddity you discibed.
Same thing on ferris wheels on Hurricane, that long band had also gotten hot and stretched a little.enough to make the ball struggle from wheel to wheel.

This answer is correct(if you can read it).

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

This answer is correct(if you can read it).

Fixxed alll spellin errorss...

#1180 6 years ago

Hey guys, excited to join the club.

I am having an issue with the gate that controls the ball launch and the long cast loop. Seems it is getting stuck closed on the plastic.

So all my ball launches go right into the pops instead of down to the flipper.

Is this a common issue? Can anyone help with how to repair?

Edit - Attached a pic of the gate and the little wire where the spring attaches. Note that I removed the spring. Does your wire look like this? You can see where it would hit the plastic when the solenoid pulls the spring down to open the gate.

FT Ball Gate (resized).JPGFT Ball Gate (resized).JPG

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Two random questions.
1.) I was at a friend's house Fri/Sat for a tourney and in video mode, the far boat toward the end offered a BS (big score) instead of EB for extra ball. How the heck is this setup? I've got extra balls turned off, tried tourney mode, etc. and my video mode simply shows nothing but boats.
2.) My FT came sans topper. I'm trying to piece one together from scratch. Would one of your fine caster's club members due me a huge huge favor and take a picture/measurements of the board that Floppy Fish sits against so I know what length/width/thickness to make the board and where/how large to drill the offsets for all the holes?? A HUGE thanks in advance.

Bump to both questions. Thx!

#1182 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Seems it is getting stuck closed on the plastic.

Mine looks about the same and has no issues. The spring pulls it down to open, so it should not catch. Does the spring move in coil test mode? I had trouble with balls making it around from the plunger, and needed to bend the ball guide up on the right so they would go through.

Here are a couple pics of mine.

IMG_4114 (resized).JPGIMG_4114 (resized).JPG

IMG_4113 (resized).JPGIMG_4113 (resized).JPG

#1183 6 years ago

Hi guys, I have a cpr main and boat ramp playfield I am in the process of installing. I am looking for input on whether you think it would be advisable to install Mylar over the centre inserts on the boat ramp playfield? There is Mylar there from factory but the cpr clear seems a lot thicker than the factory clear. Also for home use only maybe just unnecessary??
Thanks for any advice.

#1184 6 years ago

Ive noticed this to..But the answer may surprise you!! Its been pretty hot in napa. Ive noticed over past couple summers my reel band both on Fish tales and the ferris wheel band on Hurricane have gotten loose, a little stretched. This really slows things down.
Both have been in my garage last summer , tons of people playing, the catapult and switch where fine, but I noticed the reel band slipping, the heat of the day had slowly elongated it a few centimeters, just enough to slow reel down, not a full slip on cog, enough to give it the oddity you described.
Same thing on ferris wheels on Hurricane, that long band had also gotten hot and stretched a little, enough to make the ball struggle from wheel to wheel.

Nah, it's not this I can assure you. Game is in AC house, heat not an issue. The ball sits on catapault for a couple seconds before launch. I thought someone might've come across this anomaly. Definitely not the reel slipping. It's enough of a delay where the balls come out so slow I won't get ball save. Thinking it may be something on CPU board.

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from Vinosky:

balls come out so slow I won't get ball save

This behavior has been mentioned before if I remember correctly. I see on KLOV someone also asked.

I would double check the catapult switch with a ball, to make 100% sure it is working every time. Also run the reel test in the test menu, to make sure all optos are clean and working without error.

Also check the switch on the habitrail before the ball goes in to the reel. Also check all the switches in the trough are turning on and off, to make sure it is not loosing count of balls.

Do you have any credit dot?

#1186 6 years ago

Will this get me in the club?

big blue (resized).pngbig blue (resized).png

#1187 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Clint Eastwood caught a fish?

#1188 6 years ago

awesome fish! where did you catch it?

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from Vinosky:

Nah, it's not this I can assure you. Game is in AC house, heat not an issue. The ball sits on catapault for a couple seconds before launch. I thought someone might've come across this anomaly. Definitely not the reel slipping. It's enough of a delay where the balls come out so slow I won't get ball save. Thinking it may be something on CPU board.

Test the diode on the catapult switch, or diode cold solder. The delay is odd if it eventully shoots it. So it wouldnt be the cpu.

#1190 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

"The biggest fish i ever saw"
"Wow, thats a big one there "

#1191 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

This behavior has been mentioned before if I remember correctly. I see on KLOV someone also asked.
I would double check the catapult switch with a ball, to make 100% sure it is working every time. Also run the reel test in the test menu, to make sure all optos are clean and working without error.
Also check the switch on the habitrail before the ball goes in to the reel. Also check all the switches in the trough are turning on and off, to make sure it is not loosing count of balls.
Do you have any credit dot?

Turned out to be flakey catapault switch. Swapped it out with trough switch and fixed the problem. Had to take microswitch apart and clean contacts. Thanks for the help guys! Game is playing 100%

#1192 6 years ago
Quoted from Vinosky:

Turned out to be flakey catapault switch. Swapped it out with trough switch and fixed the problem. Had to take microswitch apart and clean contacts. Thanks for the help guys! Game is playing 100%

Was just about to suggest replacing the switch.

The game is programmed to catapult the ball out after a few seconds if it gets no response from the switch. The switch just activates the catapult as soon as a ball hits it.

Games with a delay in the catapult are far easier to play. High scores on those games don't count!

#1193 6 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Was just about to suggest replacing the switch.
The game is programmed to catapult the ball out after a few seconds if it gets no response from the switch. The switch just activates the catapult as soon as a ball hits it.
Games with a delay in the catapult are far easier to play. High scores on those games don't count!

Reason I didn't think it was switch because it was brand new. These switches are flakey to begin with.

As far as getting high scores, I find it easier now, because I don't have to wait until all balls are on playfield to get it up left jackpot and ball save works as it should.

#1194 6 years ago

I have a brand new PPS translite new reproduction if anyone is interested. Only unrolled once for couple quick photos.
$130 pinside price shipped.
Pm me if interested.
Thanks Eric

#1195 6 years ago

SHORT while changing fish eyeball

Hi guys

I have been lucky enough to find a well used, solid old game, she is no great looker, but plays just fine.

I noticed that the fish eyeball in the topper was out. I stupidly changed it without turning the power off and now I have lost all lighting to the fish topper (including the string of shells at the front.) Luckily the fish still flaps just fine during game play and no switches seem to have been affected. The game plays just fine. I cannot find any blown fuses, so I'm not sure what I need to fix to get my topper lights back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fish topper (resized).jpgfish topper (resized).jpg

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't get to my machine at the moment to check where the GI for that is connected to, busted wires anywhere?

#1197 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

I cannot find any blown fuses, so I'm not sure what I need to fix to get my topper lights back.

FUSE 109 on the power driver board. Remove it and check it with a meter.

That 5A SB fuse is for the topper GI, and the top row of lamps in the back box.

#1198 6 years ago

Question to those that have LCD color DMD...during video mode (tournament mode with BS instead of EB) is your final points screen all white? Also is your "Extra ball at 100 million" in white white as well? I have the current L-5 Rom and just wanted to cross reference what others have.

20170705_084250 (resized).jpg20170705_084250 (resized).jpg

20170705_100658 (resized).jpg20170705_100658 (resized).jpg

#1199 6 years ago

Guys, need a little help with the switch on the lock ramp that feeds the fishing reel. The one covered by the "fly". The screws keep loosening themselves until one of them falls out. Wondering if the screws on mine are installed incorrectly. Looks like they feed in through the bottom. I have a pic. Should these screw in from the top? Or am i missing a little plate to help secure the screws? Or do I need to re-tap the threads perhaps? Thanks for any help.

FT Caster Ramp Switch (resized).JPGFT Caster Ramp Switch (resized).JPG

#1200 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Guys, need a little help with the switch on the lock ramp that feeds the fishing reel. The one covered by the "fly". The screws keep loosening themselves until one of them falls out. Wondering if the screws on mine are installed incorrectly. Looks like they feed in through the bottom. I have a pic. Should these screw in from the top? Or am i missing a little plate to help secure the screws? Or do I need to re-tap the threads perhaps? Thanks for any help.

Thats exactly how it should look. Just confirmed.
You know, not a switch that has issues often.
I would just use a small dab lock-tight, that should hold before you lose a screw.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 169.00
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.