IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
20240406_211505 (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 112.
#1101 7 years ago

Beautiful FT! Love the black trim and Caster

#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I'll post some pics of the FT apron later. Yes it's custom painted and cleared. The PF was also custom done.
I sold this unit. So we brought the other one back. We did two because one was mine and one is a friends.

Didn't a lady just walk up and offer $15K for it? Had a lot of drinks by this point but I think I remember hearing that!

#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from Vinosky:

Was contemplating for the longest time whether or not to get a color DMD for FT. Well, finally got one and holy moly does it look amazing! If you don't have one yet, it's definitely a great investment! Colors really pop!
Here's a shot of good ol' Russ

What speaker light kit are you using here? Looks really good.

#1104 7 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I'll post some pics of the FT apron later. Yes it's custom painted and cleared. The PF was also custom done.
I sold this unit. So we brought the other one back. We did two because one was mine and one is a friends.

Did you put some type of clear coat finish on the topper fish? It seemed to really shine. Loved the way it looked. If you did, would you mind sharing what was used? Thanks! Craig

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

What speaker light kit are you using here? Looks really good.

I picked up a color changing speaker light kit from pinballbulbs.com. it was part of a black Friday deal where I believe it was free with purchase of LED kit. It looks good in a dark room during strobe mode.

#1106 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Did you put some type of clear coat finish on the topper fish?

The topper fish was custom painted and clear coated.

All of the underside playfield mechanisms with few exceptions are powdered coated same as legs and rails. Others are chrome plated.

A custom powder coated cover is installed over the transformer. The coin box cover, and power box are also powder coated.

There is a separate power supply in the bottom cabinet that is powder coated to provide power for the EL wire for the playfield fish line and the color DMD.

Some at the TPF took some pictures with the playfield raised, we didn't.

Inside the backbox the large metal circuit board mount and head brace mounting plates are all powder coated.

When I get the machine home I can take some pictures.

#1107 7 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

EL wire for the playfield fish line

Not familiar with that mod. Would love to see it.

#1108 7 years ago

Joined the club last week! Been looking for one in decent condition for a while. Playfield on mine is in really good shape. Only issue is that the paint has separated between the insert and playfield. No actual wear though. Hopefully I will be able to fix it up pretty easily once my queue of fixing machines is lower

Id also be interested in the EL wire mod for the fish line. More importantly, how you got a slip ring to work in that small amount of space to power the wire.

#1109 7 years ago

Has anybody cabinet decals in pdf?
I 've lost míne when my hard disk drive gone away...
thx

#1110 7 years ago

What are people using for LED's in the the backboard LIE lights? I have tried a few, but not really liking how you can see the bulbs. I dont have a ton of different wedge based bulbs to try things with though.

Still waiting on the El Wire details minnesota13

#1111 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Still waiting on the El Wire details minnesota13

I would like to see this also.

#1112 7 years ago

Sorry, the machine still hasn't made its way to my place where I can take a picture of the EL wire. It currently is packed up at a local friends place since our return from TPF as a result of conflicting schedules and the weather.

#1113 7 years ago

Is fuse 112 a 5A fuse for a 7A fuse? The manual says 7A but the game I have has a 5A and a tech sheet I found online also has a 5A. Why would these be different? Thanks for the help. Craig

IMG_5981 (resized).JPGIMG_5981 (resized).JPG

IMG_5984 (resized).JPGIMG_5984 (resized).JPG

#1114 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Is fuse 112 a 5A fuse for a 7A fuse? The manual says 7A but the game I have has a 5A and a tech sheet I found online also has a 5A. Why would these be different? Thanks for the help. Craig

Is it a slow blow? Guessing the 7 blew and they only had the 5 to toss in? If the 5 works fine, thats ok, it's better safe than sorry I suppose

#1115 7 years ago

After hundreds of hours of work and an incredible learning curve I completed my first full restoration on a FT. So many on this site were very helpful... thank you. The pros that do this for a living earn every cent....holy crap. Here are some before and after shots.

You tube video of finished product:

IMG_5274 (resized).JPGIMG_5274 (resized).JPG
IMG_6043 (resized).JPGIMG_6043 (resized).JPG
IMG_6044 (resized).JPGIMG_6044 (resized).JPG
IMG_6045 (resized).JPGIMG_6045 (resized).JPG
IMG_6046 (resized).JPGIMG_6046 (resized).JPG
IMG_6047 (resized).JPGIMG_6047 (resized).JPG
IMG_6028 (resized).JPGIMG_6028 (resized).JPG
IMG_6031 (resized).JPGIMG_6031 (resized).JPG
IMG_6030 (resized).JPGIMG_6030 (resized).JPG
IMG_6029 (resized).JPGIMG_6029 (resized).JPG
IMG_6032 (resized).JPGIMG_6032 (resized).JPG
IMG_6034 (resized).JPGIMG_6034 (resized).JPG
2017-04-20_21-27-56 (resized).jpg2017-04-20_21-27-56 (resized).jpg
IMG_6037 (resized).JPGIMG_6037 (resized).JPG
IMG_6040 (resized).JPGIMG_6040 (resized).JPG
IMG_6039 (resized).JPGIMG_6039 (resized).JPG
IMG_6041 (resized).JPGIMG_6041 (resized).JPG

#1116 7 years ago

That's a badass looking machine man. Looks like you might have a flipper fidelity kit for the sound. Was it worth the money?

#1117 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

That's a badass looking machine man. Looks like you might have a flipper fidelity kit for the sound. Was it worth the money?

Really appreciate that. The speakers made a big difference but I also added a PinSound audio board which is really incredible. Check them out here: https://www.pinsound.org/ The owners of the company are great dudes and smart as hell.

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

curve I completed my first full restoration on a FT.

Nicely done!
Impressive!!
Congratulations.

#1119 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

After hundreds of hours of work and an incredible learning curve I completed my first full restoration on a FT

Excellent job
Did you source the Chrome coin door from somewhere OR get your original chromed? The reason i ask this is because it doesn't seem to have the obvious hexagonal bolt/rivet heads showing like some bought chromed doors do. This is what i'm looking to achieve for my BOP restore. Can you provide some info on this if possible? I was going to get my original door chromed but i need to find a way to "cover" those hex heads so it doesn't show in the finish.

#1120 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Nicely done!
Impressive!!
Congratulations.

Thanks! Appreciate the compliment.

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Excellent job
Did you source the Chrome coin door from somewhere OR get your original chromed? The reason i ask this is because it doesn't seem to have the obvious hexagonal bolt/rivet heads showing like some bought chromed doors do. This is what i'm looking to achieve for my BOP restore. Can you provide some info on this if possible? I was going to get my original door chromed but i need to find a way to "cover" those hex heads so it doesn't show in the finish.

Thank you! I got the coin door using the exchange program from pinballplating.com Reach out to sc93cobra (Chris Royalty) at PinballPlating.com and he can let you know what current options are. You send in your coin door and he returns one he has in stock to you. He just needs to make sure the coin door you send it isn't physically damaged to the point where it can't be plated and look very nice.

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Thank you! I got the coin door using the exchange program from pinballplating.com Reach out to sc93cobra (Chris Royalty) at PinballPlating.com and he can let you know what current options are. You send in your coin door and he returns one he has in stock to you. He just needs to make sure the coin door you send it isn't physically damaged to the point where it can't be plated and look very nice.

I'm trying to stock some of these original early wpc doors for folks in situations like this. Basically you send in your face, frame, coin insert housing, coin return bezel and coin return flap (all the metal parts seen), and I can return a set already done in chrome. I've not made public that I am doing these yet and I am waiting on a couple of these to come out right now so I expect it to be a few more weeks on them to be ready. I will be adding them to the website soon though. If anyone has a spare one of these doors in great shape let me know, I'm glad to buy them. Glad to help if I can. And thank you Craig, for your business, friendship, and the shoutout!
Hit me up if I can help!
Chris
615-598-0024 call or text
[email protected]
pinballplating.com

#1123 6 years ago

NIB silver CPR main playfield for sale.

I bought it with intentions of doing a restore on my game but I just don't have the time with a new baby coming in a few weeks.

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “I bought this with the intention of doing a restore on my FT but time has gotten away from me and between work and a new baby coming in a few weeks I think someone would benefit fr...”
2017-04-22
Solon, OH
825 (Firm)
Archived after: 26 days
Viewed: 435 times

$825 shipped in the continental USA

#1124 6 years ago

Having some strange issues with my ball lock drop target. I was noticing the drop target was never raised and you didn't have to first knock it down before locking a ball. So I set the settings the ball lock settings to "Hard" in the settings. Sometimes when I start a game the drop target is raised and you have to hit it before locking a ball...sometimes it is not and you can immediately lock a ball. Same behavior exists between ball locks...rarely does the drop target raise after locking a ball even though I have the ball lock settings on "Hard".

The drop target up and drop target down appear to work flawlessly in solenoid test mode.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,
Craig

#1125 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Having some strange issues with my ball lock drop target. I was noticing the drop target was never raised and you didn't have to first knock it down before locking a ball. So I set the settings the ball lock settings to "Hard" in the settings. Sometimes when I start a game the drop target is raised and you have to hit it before locking a ball...sometimes it is not and you can immediately lock a ball. Same behavior exists between ball locks...rarely does the drop target raise after locking a ball even though I have the ball lock settings on "Hard".
The drop target up and drop target down appear to work flawlessly in solenoid test mode.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Thanks,
Craig

I get the same non-consistent behavior from my drop-target. Usually off at game start and sometimes it gets raised when multi-ball starts. Kinda random.

#1126 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I was noticing the drop target was never raised

In the default settings it starts in the down position, and is raised after multiball ends.

Does it work correctly in the coil test? One coil is used to raise it and another knocks it down, at the start of a game, etc.

If you push it up by hand, does it lock in the up position securely?

#1127 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

In the default settings it starts in the down position, and is raised after multiball ends.
Does it work correctly in the coil test? One coil is used to raise it and another knocks it down, at the start of a game, etc.
If you push it up by hand, does it lock in the up position securely?

I'm not sure on the default settings for the ball lock. I do have a strong feeling that it is supposed to be up by default on the hard settings. Yes it works fine in coil test mode... both up and down

#1128 6 years ago

Does anybody have a photo of the Nifty LED kit installed in a FT? Just trying to compare it to some of the other kits I have seen.

Thanks!

#1129 6 years ago

My advice is to just buy all the bulbs you need separate from Comet or another vendor. Not only is it cheaper, you will end up with what you like, not what someone else thinks looks good. In the GI, I used the 4 smd bulbs with great results. There are no places where the bulbs hit your eyes, so that works. I think in like 4 spots I used 2smd frosted bulbs, the 2 in the boat, 1 behind the free ball, and the 1 in the casters club. Inserts I just matched colors.

#1130 6 years ago

Anyone have an LED list they can share so I can place an order to LED my fish tales. Just like to color match inserts and keep GI cool white but looking for bulb styles and counts for the machine. Thank you.

#1131 6 years ago

Anyone interested in a NIB Silver CPR playfield?

I planned on doing a swap but my wife is due with our second and I am never going to get to this.

#1132 6 years ago

Two random questions.

1.) I was at a friend's house Fri/Sat for a tourney and in video mode, the far boat toward the end offered a BS (big score) instead of EB for extra ball. How the heck is this setup? I've got extra balls turned off, tried tourney mode, etc. and my video mode simply shows nothing but boats.

2.) My FT came sans topper. I'm trying to piece one together from scratch. Would one of your fine caster's club members due me a huge huge favor and take a picture/measurements of the board that Floppy Fish sits against so I know what length/width/thickness to make the board and where/how large to drill the offsets for all the holes?? A HUGE thanks in advance.

#1133 6 years ago

nevermind found a list in another thread for it, order placed looking forward to updating.

#1134 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

1.) I was at a friend's house Fri/Sat for a tourney and in video mode, the far boat toward the end offered a BS (big score) instead of EB for extra ball. How the heck is this setup? I've got extra balls turned off, tried tourney mode, etc. and my video mode simply shows nothing but boats.

First - You have to hit most of the boats for anything to show up at the end, and under Adjustment 1 -> #15, you can select EB/ticket/credit/big points for specials. That is the only thing shown in the manual, but there may be extra adjustments with similar settings not in the manual.

#1135 6 years ago

Did a recent restore on FT and think I miswired left lanes. Would somebody mind taking a pic of their wiring. Here is what I have. Thanks

IMG_6931 (resized).JPGIMG_6931 (resized).JPG

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Did a recent restore on FT and think I miswired left lanes. Would somebody mind taking a pic of their wiring. Here is what I have. Thanks

Here's mine. Looks spot on

20170509_100017 (resized).jpg20170509_100017 (resized).jpg

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from Vinosky:

Here's mine. Looks spot on

Well, crap. Thanks very much for taking that pic. Both of my left lane lights are always on and blinking fast. Any ideas?

#1138 6 years ago

check diodes

#1139 6 years ago

Ahh! Yes, that makes perfect sense. Probably diode on the right one since both are blinking. Thank you!

#1140 6 years ago

Hi all,

A couple of questions about gameplay.

1. When in Rock the Boat, hits to the captive ball register 2 boat hits. Is this normal?

2. On a couple of occasions, while in Feeding Frenzy, shots to the eject hole have started Rock the Boat (it was lit, but not activate). Anyone else experience this?

Both of these issues suggest potential issues with the boat target, but it works perfectly in test and during all other gameplay.

Thanks.

#1141 6 years ago

maybe try restoring to factory. first thing that popped in my head.

#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi all,
A couple of questions about gameplay.
1. When in Rock the Boat, hits to the captive ball register 2 boat hits. Is this normal?
2. On a couple of occasions, while in Feeding Frenzy, shots to the eject hole have started Rock the Boat (it was lit, but not activate). Anyone else experience this?
Both of these issues suggest potential issues with the boat target, but it works perfectly in test and during all other gameplay.
Thanks.

1 is not normal. Sounds like a gap issue (and testing it with your finger isnt the same as testing it with a ball).

At first, I thought 2 was not normal. But when I got 4 tales told, it activated rock the boat as soon as I hit the video eject hole. So maybe you had 4 tales told, and just didnt hit the hole until you were in feeding frenzy?

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

1 is not normal. Sounds like a gap issue (and testing it with your finger isnt the same as testing it with a ball).
At first, I thought 2 was not normal. But when I got 4 tales told, it activated rock the boat as soon as I hit the video eject hole. So maybe you had 4 tales told, and just didnt hit the hole until you were in feeding frenzy?

Ok, I've done some more testing on this. The centre target does only activate once, but it plays two "hit" sounds from the speakers, which made me think it was registering twice. So is playing two sounds normal?

As for the other issue, yeah, looks like it was because I had a few tales told. Is this described in a rule list somewhere? First time I've seen you can activate Rock the Boat from anywhere other than the captive ball.

#1144 6 years ago

I believe telling 4 tales starts "Rock the boat"

#1145 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I believe telling 4 tales starts "Rock the boat"

I had never heard this, but that is correct according to this:

http://pinball.org/rules/fishtales.html

"Rock the Boat
For a certain amount of time (20 seconds from the captive ball award; 30 seconds for 4 tales), each boat shot counts 10M (including U-turns)."

#1146 6 years ago

Right hitting the spinner to complete the forth tale instantly start rock the boat. It's a good strategy if you are trying to get a hiscore for boat rocks.

#1147 6 years ago

I thought telling 4 tales started feeding frenzy.

Edit: upon further review, once you catch 4 fish, that starts frenzy, and once you hit the spinner after the 4th fish to tell the tale, that starts rock the boat.

#1148 6 years ago

Adjusted my ball launcher the other day while checking out the machine and getting it ready for trade prep. Never realized the ball was supposed to go all the way around on launch....sigh. I've had the game for years and played it with it piddling into the pops.

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from mdelorenzo:

Adjusted my ball launcher the other day while checking out the machine and getting it ready for trade prep. Never realized the ball was supposed to go all the way around on launch....sigh. I've had the game for years and played it with it piddling into the pops.

What adjustments did you have to make?

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from mdelorenzo:

Yep, no fast cast, skill shot, when that happens....coil under playfield moves ball gate, wire probably off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.