By shacklersrevenge

4 years ago

Stats

• 1,265 posts
  • 247 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sugarhillabe
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 418 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1018 (resized).JPG
IMG_1012 (resized).JPG
IMG_1011 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1179 (resized).JPG
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_1150 (resized).JPG
IMG_1050 (resized).JPG
IMG_1077 (resized).JPG
IMG_1009 (resized).JPG
IMG_1008 (resized).JPG
IMG_0930 (resized).JPG
IMG_0927 (resized).JPG
20170901_143611.jpg
20170830_224352 (resized).jpg
20170830_203200 (resized).jpg

There are 1265 posts in topic. You are on page 21 of 26.
#1001 9 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Looks like these decals could be removed.. Anyone fix the wear on these inserts? Any advice?

Just play it, it's a great game.

#1002 9 months ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Those aren't decals. That is the original screened art and your inserts are lifting slightly. Get the fish tackle box sticker and slap on a full playfield protector. Flipper gap is perfect as shipped.

I see the decal on EBay.. And do I stick it right over the original screen art?

#1003 9 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I see the decal on EBay.. And do I stick it right over the original screen art?

Yes, but beware that typically parts on Ebay are more expensive and sometimes are lower quality.

Here is one:

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/spareparts/playfield-parts/insert-decal-sets/fish-tales-tackle-box-decal.html

1 week later
#1004 9 months ago

Casters Club activate!!! Threw a wanted ad on Mr. Pinball and a few hours later got the call from a guy right in town. It had been used as a laundry table for the last 20 years due to a loose right flipper. Perfect timing as they were cleaning out the basement and the wife gave him the idea to move it. Added two new complete flipper assemblies and a ring kit. Ordered the Monster Fish mod with red eyes and looking for two other pf elements. Planning to do the leds all around. One of my favorite pins of all time and great to have it in the house. This coming from someone who spent tons of time at the Pinball Hall of Fame when I live in Vegas. I've just about played them all... say it's not a top game to me and I will be happy to tell you the many reasons why it is so.

FishTales (resized).JPG

#1005 9 months ago

Congrats, FT was my first game last year and now I'm an addict!

#1006 9 months ago

FT getting delivered tomorrow. Do you guys have a recommendation on an ideal pitch for the game to play well?

#1007 9 months ago
Quoted from Cserold:

an ideal pitch for the game to play well?

Standard 6.5 degrees seems to fine.

#1008 9 months ago
Quoted from bobn:

Casters Club activate!!!

My Favorite since it came out, took 22 years to get one. Family loves ours. Keeper collection for sure!
I highly recommend the Colordmd and 3D translight from PPS.

#1009 9 months ago

I have to go back and read this entire thread. I am thinking there is great info on options adjustments to maximize the game for home use. I am running mostly factory setting now. The casters club gate is what I am waiting to see do something besides work in solenoid test. I think I read somewhere that it comes up after the first multi. Multi is so fast I forget to look. lol

#1010 9 months ago
Quoted from bobn:

I think I read somewhere that it comes up after the first multi. Multi is so fast I forget to look. lol

Yup, you will know to look for the drop target when the lock 1,2,3 lamps are out. When the ball hits the drop target it often comes straight back down the middle, so plan to nudge.

#1011 9 months ago

Help! Joined the club today. Had STI deliver and just put the pin in the garage. Made the mistake of not having them raise the back box to take a look. I opened it up and two plastic were destroyed at the top of the play field. See pics. Do anybody have leads on either one of these plastics for purchase? Also can you purchase just the plastic case that covers the topper?

IMG_4066 (resized).JPG
IMG_4067 (resized).JPG

#1012 9 months ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Do anybody have leads on either one of these plastics for purchase? Also can you purchase just the plastic case that covers the topper?

Here's where you can get the "Stretch the truth" plastic and the other one. This link is for the STT plastic
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/fish-tales/4172/fish-tales-plastic-30-0676-8-sp?c=2826
Topper dome seems to be out of stock most places at the moment except Ministryofpinball.
You can also buy a complete plastic set from Littleshopofgames <<< might work out cheaper in the long run considering postage, etc from pinballcenter for 2 plastics.

#1013 8 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Here's where you can get the "Stretch the truth" plastic and the other one. This link is for the STT plastic
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/fish-tales/4172/fish-tales-plastic-30-0676-8-sp?c=2826
Topper dome seems to be out of stock most places at the moment except Ministryofpinball.
You can also buy a complete plastic set from Littleshopofgames <<< might work out cheaper in the long run considering postage, etc from pinballcenter for 2 plastics.

Thank you very much. I did find a full plastic reproduction set and ordered. Are the plastics in this set identical to originals or are there some differences? Really appreciate the replies guys. Bummed about the damage.

#1014 8 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Looks like it's also out of stock at Ministryofpinball: http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/williams/fish-tales.html

#1015 8 months ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Thank you very much. I did find a full plastic reproduction set and ordered. Are the plastics in this set identical to originals or are there some differences?

To be honest i'm not sure. Most repro's are exact but i have heard of some copies not being up to scratch. The FT's ones look ok going off the pics. Ahhhh bugger about the topper dome, thought they were showing as in stock, sorry about that

#1016 8 months ago

Marco has the entire plastic set in stock i'm sure.

Whoops, checked, "out of stock"

Try here - http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/FT_Page.html

#1017 8 months ago

Thanks to fellow pinsider "bobn" I now have a site for my monster fish mod for any caster's interested to add a fish to your game.

http://www.monsterfishmod.com

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/44259

Now available at $36/shipped in lower US.

fishy (resized).jpg

#1018 8 months ago

Anyone with a CPR figure a workaround for this?

IMG_20170205_115016751 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170205_115008484 (resized).jpg

#1019 8 months ago

Not sure will look at it when I get home. I am in the process of swapping now and almost to that

#1020 8 months ago

I'm thinking I'll cut up some clear plastic from the original plastics set to wedge in there and prevent a stuck ball... I totally missed it till placing the launcher ramp.

#1021 8 months ago

mine is different from yours.

IMG_6136 (resized).JPG

#1022 8 months ago

I see in the CPR pics, at least the one they photographed has a short shooter groove as well. Someone has to have overcome this

Screenshot_20170205-135731 (resized).png

#1023 8 months ago

I love the game but have never been much of a fan of the translite artwork. So when I picked a Fish Tales up recently, I decided to look at what I could do to make it look a bit more interesting. I like my crappy b-grade horror so thought that was something worth exploring... Well here's the result!

C34n_qiUYAASL-m (resized).jpg

#1024 8 months ago
Quoted from Mar:

I decided to look at what I could do to make it look a bit more interesting.

What do you print the artwork on for the translight?

#1025 8 months ago

Here's my fix for the CPR shooter lane. Seems like it works OK, I'll post back if I get a better solution.

IMG_20170206_214959461 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1026 8 months ago

Hey guys,

Doing my first full restoration on an FT. Debating between ordering the 3D translite vs. the normal "Next Gen" translite. Does the group have opinions on which would be best. going to do full chrome on all trim and shooter mech.

prices are:
3d- $199
regular- $129

Appreciate the input!

Craig

#1027 8 months ago

3D all the way for the extra $$$

#1028 8 months ago
Quoted from Mar:

I love the game but have never been much of a fan of the translite artwork.

Fishtails has one of the best translites in my opinion. Have you seen the 3D ones yet?

#1029 8 months ago

I have the 3D and think it looks great. I was in the same boat (pun). I needed a new one anyway so it was worth the extra. If the one I had was in really good condition I probably would have kept it.

#1030 8 months ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I have the 3D and think it looks great. I was in the same boat (pun). I needed a new one anyway so it was worth the extra. If the one I had was in really good condition I probably would have kept it.

The bigest problem I have with my collection is 99% of it are movie and TV theme's so having an original theme such as FT is also nice.

#1031 8 months ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Fishtails has one of the best translites in my opinion. Have you seen the 3D ones yet?

Agreed. I LOVE the artwork on the FT translite. Not a big fan of the 3D ones though.

#1032 8 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Agreed. I LOVE the artwork on the FT translite. Not a big fan of the 3D ones though.

Have you seen the 3D ones in person?

#1033 8 months ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Have you seen the 3D ones in person?

Yes. I put one in an AFM I did. Just not a big fan.

#1034 8 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Bryan, do you need 3D glasses to get the effect of 3D? Other than it not feeling original, what else did you not like? I've never seen one in person.

#1035 8 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yes. I put one in an AFM I did. Just not a big fan.

Were you wearing your cheaters?

#1036 8 months ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Bryan, do you need 3D glasses to get the effect of 3D? Other than it not feeling original, what else did you not like? I've never seen one in person.

You don't use glasses, it is the same type of translite that is in machines like Avatar etc. They look great!

#1037 8 months ago
Quoted from Cserold:

No glasses needed. You really need to see these in person. It's a cool effect and there are lots of people who love them. I just don't happen to be one of them.

#1038 8 months ago

I love my 3D translight. It makes a difference.
I bought a MM to, it looks awesome as well.

#1039 8 months ago

Is this the original coin door on FT?

IMG_4350 (resized).JPG

#1040 8 months ago

looks exactly like my old one did.

#1041 8 months ago

I've heard that there are variations out there that came from factory. I've been told my lock-down receiver is different than others. I know from my restoration that mine was factory original, it had never been removed.

#1042 8 months ago

It looks like an original door.

#1043 8 months ago

Yep, looks just like mine. I even have that serial # sticker slapped on that fishes face.

#1044 8 months ago

Thanks for feedback on coin door guys. Anybody know of any good coin door restore threads?

#1045 8 months ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Thanks for feedback on coin door guys. Anybody know of any good coin door restore threads?

» YouTube video

#1046 8 months ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

» YouTube video

Thank you!

#1047 8 months ago

Joined the club... got'er all shopped and rubbered and waxed. Holy crap this thing plays fast and furious. Great game

#1048 8 months ago

I Have Two translights for sale.
Used with scratch at white board latch.
$50 shipped USA.
Brand New from PPS last year, never out of tube, minty perfect condition. Will take loss on this one and do $130 shipped anywhere USA. Saves you $20 shipping.
Pm me if interested, Thank you.

#1049 8 months ago

Oops, duplicate post.

#1050 8 months ago
Quoted from Cserold:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-coin-door-restorations

You might find good info there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 299.99
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 3.20
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 15.00
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huxley, IA
$ 21.00
$ 99.99
Displays
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1265 posts in topic. You are on page 21 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.