IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 113.
#51 10 years ago

orange coin door looks cool!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

interestingly, the guy who started this thread sold me his machine. odd to start a thread about "casters club" and then sell the machine,no?

Nah, not odd. It's a great pin, l've had a few and will have another down the road. The thread is for people to share some fish stories.

2 months later
#53 10 years ago

Anybody else think that the art package on this machine is a home run... except for the cabinet art?

I don't get it. The whole thing has a certain style to it, and it seems to me that the cabinet art is a mismatch with the rest. Goofy art, mostly orange, a dog that looks like a kangaroo, a tropical setting, etc.

Certainly not on par with the beautiful translite art IMO.

1 month later
#54 10 years ago

Has anyone tried different color star posts, pop bumpers, or lights in the topper? If so, can you post some pictures?

I am about to replace all 17 star posts and even though yellow looks fine and keeps things light, I am interested in seeing some picture of different setups. Teal, Blue, ?

Also, white rubber looks pretty good on FT, it seems to look better with the color scheme on the playfield. Mine are currently black and they need to be changed out anyway.

A Color DMD would look great on FT, especially during video mode!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Anybody else think that the art package on this machine is a home run... except for the cabinet art?

I agree but disagree. I agree in the sense that the cab art doesn't relate as well as it could to the rest of the artwork, but I also think that the cab art is beautiful when not faded

Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Has anyone tried different color star posts, pop bumpers, or lights in the topper? If so, can you post some pictures?

I changed my pops to dark blue (clear with blue led) and my lane guides unfortunately came a lighter blue than anticipated. I'll try to post up some pics tomorrow.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I don't get it. The whole thing has a certain style to it, and it seems to me that the cabinet art is a mismatch with the rest. Goofy art, mostly orange, a dog that looks like a kangaroo, a tropical setting, etc.
Certainly not on par with the beautiful translite art IMO.

The Tropical setting Is referring to "you've mastered tropical fishing"
The back glass refers to "you've mastered fresh water fishing"

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

I am about to replace all 17 star posts and even though yellow looks fine and keeps things light, I am interested in seeing some picture of different setups. Teal, Blue, ?
Also, white rubber looks pretty good on FT, it seems to look better with the color scheme on the playfield. Mine are currently black and they need to be changed out anyway.
A Color DMD would look great on FT, especially during video mode!

I'm about to put my playfield back together after a tear down and I've bought both teal and blue bumper caps and various different color lane guides to try too. I didn't think of changing out the star posts but that might be a great idea. Please post pics of examples, anyone.

#58 10 years ago

I recently bought blue pop bumpers and green lane guides for mine. I just don't think Ill get around to putting them on for a while.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

I bought some neon green star posts but didn't quite like the look of them. I've got the yellow back, but my FT is currently torn down for new cab decals.

Post edited by MMP : I found the 1 picture I took before taking them off.

green.JPGgreen.JPG
#60 10 years ago

After plenty of game time I'm now in the middle of my FT project. I'm really sick of seeing pale yellow!

1.JPG1.JPG 2.JPG2.JPG 3.JPG3.JPG
#61 10 years ago

New club member! Recently traded my non fade BSD for a non fade Fish Tales! Could not be more happy!

1 week later
#62 10 years ago

Fish Tales is always a favorite when we have a party. Even though it's can be an ass-kicker, people really seem to gravitate to the theme. My only complaint is the fisherman's moustache on the translite. What's up with that? The music may grate on some people, but it fits the theme and it grows on you.

Has anyone scored more than 42 million in video mode? That is the most I've ever scored and I didn't have any torpedoes that didn't hit, but I may not have hit the jet skier every time. I'm thinking that you score more for the jet skier than the other targets?

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Fish Tales is always a favorite when we have a party. Even though it's can be an ass-kicker, people really seem to gravitate to the theme. My only complaint is the fisherman's moustache on the translite. What's up with that? The music may grate on some people, but it fits the theme and it grows on you.
Has anyone scored more than 42 million in video mode? That is the most I've ever scored and I didn't have any torpedoes that didn't hit, but I may not have hit the jet skier every time. I'm thinking that you score more for the jet skier than the other targets?

Jet skier scores less, the boats farthest back score most. Don't think I ever scored more than 42 mill in the video mode though.

#64 10 years ago

New member here. Just traded my Batman Forever for a FT. Enjoy it much better than the Batman! Happy to make the trade.

3 weeks later
#65 10 years ago

Almost finished with my cabinet decals.

IMG_8956.JPGIMG_8956.JPG
#66 10 years ago

Lookin good

1 week later
#67 10 years ago

Love my FT. Had it for several years but finally getting around to shopping it. The cabinet and playfield are both in pretty good shape - a little fade but still primarily orange. Right now it just needs a good cleaning. Placing my order for new posts, rubber rings, etc. on pinball life tomorrow when I have a snow day.

Was planning on keeping the posts yellow and sticking with white rings. Anyone ever use translucent rings? Wondering how they would look.

Also any recommendations on the color of cabinet protectors? I am planning on upgrading my legs to chrome and was thinking of yellow protectors. Wondering if anyone has any pictures that will give me a sense of what the protectors will look like against the colors of the cab.
2014-01-29 21.29.57.jpg2014-01-29 21.29.57.jpg2014-01-29 21.48.22.jpg2014-01-29 21.48.22.jpg

#68 10 years ago

I've got the one and only Fish Tales playfield with the Trilogy beer can .

167433-i.jpg167433-i.jpg
#69 10 years ago
Quoted from adajmk:

Love my FT. Had it for several years but finally getting around to shopping it. The cabinet and playfield are both in pretty good shape - a little fade but still primarily orange. Right now it just needs a good cleaning. Placing my order for new posts, rubber rings, etc. on pinball life tomorrow when I have a snow day.
Was planning on keeping the posts yellow and sticking with white rings. Anyone ever use translucent rings? Wondering how they would look.
Also any recommendations on the color of cabinet protectors? I am planning on upgrading my legs to chrome and was thinking of yellow protectors. Wondering if anyone has any pictures that will give me a sense of what the protectors will look like against the colors of the cab.

2014-01-29 21.48.22.jpg 155 KB

2014-01-29 21.29.57.jpg 130 KB

Hi There,

I would definitely suggest against using leg protectors for your Fish Tales. The previous owner of mine had them on the cabinet and it wrinkled the decals pretty bad. I suggest you buy the new metal stand off cabinet protectors. You may be able to install the metal protectors and put the plastic protectors of choice over top. That would be the best of both worlds !

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from adajmk:

Also any recommendations on the color of cabinet protectors? I am planning on upgrading my legs to chrome and was thinking of yellow protectors. Wondering if anyone has any pictures that will give me a sense of what the protectors will look like against the colors of the cab

I got a set of light blue for my roadshow but decided I liked them better on my fishtales. I'll reel in a pic in the morning

#71 10 years ago

P3020216.JPGP3020216.JPG

P3020172.JPGP3020172.JPG P3020173.JPGP3020173.JPG P3020221.JPGP3020221.JPG P3020231.JPGP3020231.JPG P3020236.JPGP3020236.JPG
#72 10 years ago

Wow. What a beautiful game!

#73 10 years ago

Just mucking around with camera for a photo assignment. Need pics of something mechanical and something organic. To me Pinball is both.

#74 10 years ago

Put Pinballife's green super bands on mine last week.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3172

Plays much better! Damn, now I gotta get em for all my pins. Also got tired of my old apron cards and whipped up some new ones...

left.jpgleft.jpg
right.jpgright.jpg

#75 10 years ago

Loved mine. Had to sell to make room. The games music and visuals and rules are so simple, yet there is so much to do. Very fast when you want to get it racing. Did the redecal as my first project. Love the LED's for it, and changed the flippers to match the fish and bumper caps.ft3.jpgft3.jpgft1.jpgft1.jpgft4.jpgft4.jpgft2.jpgft2.jpg

#76 10 years ago

Finally finished my decal project! I was very happy to power the game on and see that nothing blew up. I've got a small issue to sort out - it looks like the topper lights are not working yet.

IMG_9131.JPGIMG_9131.JPG
#77 10 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

So many great things about this table : artwork, colors, charm, call-outs, simplicity, difficulty, a fun video mode, topper, corny catchy music - it really has it all I look for in a machine. It'll never leave the collection.

DSC02619.JPG 266 KB

I'm intrigued with the orange coin door and legs. Not sure about the blue trim around the coin door though. Did the coin door need a border to separate from the cabinet? I wonder how the game would look with orange door, legs, side rails and lockdown bar? Has anybody seen this done?

#78 10 years ago

I recently had the same issue with my topper lights- it was a fuse. I think it was F109 on the driver board.

#79 10 years ago

Eagerly awaiting my PPS lightning flippers, I'm expecting profanity to increase by 20%! Here's a backglass shot in the meantime
unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg

1 week later
#80 10 years ago

Thought the Casters Club members might enjoy this little video I put together. Of course, if you have the game it might not be as enlightening, but oh well.

#81 10 years ago

I have to say I am really enjoying owning Fish Tales. Just shopped mine out a few weeks ago.

#82 10 years ago

About to loan my on location to Main Street amusements in Lafayette, IN for a month if anyone wants to come play one for a bit.

#83 10 years ago

Great video! Makes me want to go play (think I will).

#84 10 years ago

I got the chance to play a nice Fish Tales the other week. I played probably 10-15 games on it and loved it. What a fantastic theme and unique playfield. I can hear the sounds as I think about hitting the left/right/left/right ramp shots over and over. It's intoxicating. I hit a monster fish, got some multi ball, got a jackpot, and had a blast! No super jackpot, but I'll get there one day. I kept thinking "this is what 90's B/W pins are all about." I am by no means a fisherman, but when I was playing the game I really got into the theme.

#85 10 years ago

Does anyone know where to pick up the proper set of bolts to mount the caster to the playfield?

3 weeks later
#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Jumbosinbad360:

Sold my FT a few weeks ago and I must admit I'm missing it just a little.....

2013-08-04_08.37.36.jpg 228 KB

2013-08-04_08.45.34.jpg 279 KB

2013-08-04_08.39.46.jpg 271 KB

Where did you get the Monster Fish Mod and color Rule Cards for the skirt?

1 week later
#87 10 years ago

Would make a nice topper if it didn't already have one of the best out there...

organic_amber_ale.jpgorganic_amber_ale.jpg
#88 10 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Would make a nice topper if it didn't already have one of the best out there...

organic_amber_ale.jpg 79 KB

Nice! I want that in my life.

2 weeks later
#89 9 years ago

Has anyone made the topper quieter or shake instead of being so loud?

I saw an old thread with a tip using star washers on the armature. I tried to do this, but its just as loud as ever. If there is a way to make it quieter without disconnecting the coil, please let me know. Here's a pic of what I tried. Maybe I put the rubbers in the wrong place or something?

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Has anyone made the topper quieter or shake instead of being so loud?
I saw an old thread with a tip using star washers on the armature. I tried to do this, but its just as loud as ever. If there is a way to make it quieter without disconnecting the coil, please let me know. Here's a pic of what I tried. Maybe I put the rubbers in the wrong place or something?

photo 1.JPG 143 KB

Looks like you have 3 on there (one way down hidden behind the metal). Try using only 1 and putting a shooter tip on the other end that strikes the fish. Mine just shakes and is quiet. You want the piston to still move far enough to shake and the tip helps reduce the knock.

#91 9 years ago

Thanks ranch. Ill get a shooter tip on order. For the moment I changed the black rubbers to white and 2 seem toake a nice thud.

#92 9 years ago

Just picked one up for my location! Played the heck out of it tonight, great game!

#93 9 years ago

If you didn't hear yet, Fish Tales is getting a color DMD May 23rd. The MONSTER fish looks great! http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-fish-tales-pinball-machine/

#94 9 years ago

I have an odd one that I would like to ask for some help with.

On my Fish Tales, the Casters Club drop target resets on multiball start and subsequently on every light jackpot (and double jackpot) shot made.

And here is the odd part. I am sure it has not always done this. I recall that the jackpot was easier to make at some point. Due the Caster Club shot being open through out the multiball or at least at the start.

Now even when not making the jackpot in time, you need a shot for lowering the drop target before you may light jackpot again. Making it much more of a zero points risk going for multiball.

Further, I don't see much difference in game rules when switching the Lock difficulty setting between easy, medium and hard. Only thing is that, on hard, the drop target is reseting when multiball ends and if a jackpot has been made.

I was watching the game on the Bowen show where, as far as I could see, the drop target remained down in multiball (US game config obviously).

I have L-5 ROMs and the game jumped for Germain territory (W18 is open). Anyone here with a Euro game that will explain how the drop target works on theirs?

1 week later
#95 9 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

Looks like you have 3 on there (one way down hidden behind the metal). Try using only 1 and putting a shooter tip on the other end that strikes the fish. Mine just shakes and is quiet. You want the piston to still move far enough to shake and the tip helps reduce the knock.

Thanks so much! Its perfect now. I put a plunger tip on and went down to 1 post rubber. I get a nice pull feeling when the fish flops and its not too loud and not too quiet (game volume is at 9.)

1 week later
#96 9 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Thought the Casters Club members might enjoy this little video I put together. Of course, if you have the game it might not be as enlightening, but oh well.
» YouTube video

Do you really put that together? If so great job!

#97 9 years ago

Just installed the colour DMD, firkin sweet. Really makes the speaker panel stand out too.

#98 9 years ago

Pin cabs should also be put on finger tight, then dropped off trolley jack , so all pressure on legs us taken up. Then tighten with socket/ wrench.
This prevents decal wrinkle, simple hey?

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from soren:

I have an odd one that I would like to ask for some help with.
On my Fish Tales, the Casters Club drop target resets on multiball start and subsequently on every light jackpot (and double jackpot) shot made.
And here is the odd part. I am sure it has not always done this. I recall that the jackpot was easier to make at some point. Due the Caster Club shot being open through out the multiball or at least at the start.
Now even when not making the jackpot in time, you need a shot for lowering the drop target before you may light jackpot again. Making it much more of a zero points risk going for multiball.
Further, I don't see much difference in game rules when switching the Lock difficulty setting between easy, medium and hard. Only thing is that, on hard, the drop target is reseting when multiball ends and if a jackpot has been made.
I was watching the game on the Bowen show where, as far as I could see, the drop target remained down in multiball (US game config obviously).
I have L-5 ROMs and the game jumped for Germain territory (W18 is open). Anyone here with a Euro game that will explain how the drop target works on theirs?

I have the same experience. I know it didn't always do this (drop down after a jackpot)and now it does????

#100 9 years ago

Very proud member of this club finally. This game is probably the most underrated pinball of all time. I had an amazing game on mine last night that made my head spin. I did trade my lightning flippers for regular flippers with superbands. Lightning just made the game unnecessarily difficult IMO. Pinballs should be about fun and not straight up frustration from so many center drains. Once I switched out those, the game got 10 times more fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

12,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 169.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.