Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
20240406_211505 (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 112.
#901 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Also does anyone have any nice apron cards made up for this game?

I've got some spare ones i don't need that are printed on photo paper, laminate them and they come up sweet (not my design mind you. Aurium does them), message me with your postal addy and i'll send them to you. This is his site by the way >> http://www.pinballcards.com

DSC02652 (resized).JPGDSC02652 (resized).JPG

#902 7 years ago

Anyone know where to find the topper dome?
Thanks in advance.

#905 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

ebay.com link » New Williams Fish Tales White Water Pinball Machine Dome 03 8653 Free Shipping

Thank you!

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

ebay.com link » New Williams Fish Tales White Water Pinball Machine Dome 03 8653 Free Shipping

CAUTION!!! ALERT!!! ALERT!!!

THE ABOVE IS AN AD ON eBAY BY 'MAD MIKE'. THE ONE AND THE SAME AT MAD AMUSEMENT'S!!!!

He now goes by this new name, "Pinballparts" on eBay, apparently to disguise that is who you are buying from. Just wanted everyone who is boycotting him to know that this is the one and the same POS!!!

Not casting aspersions on you 'pinballholder'. You were just trying to help.

And damn! I remember when these were $50 and $60!
Mike in Kentucky

#907 7 years ago

No worries, good to know. Never bought from him, just know I have seen that topper on eBay for awhile.

#908 7 years ago

Just bought a FT!! So excited to have it in my garage. I've been having a great time cleaning it up and playing it. Quick question, does anybody know what the replacement bulb would be for the second lock light? I tried looking at the manual but its a bit confusing. Thanks!

#909 7 years ago

Its a 555, same as 1 and 3 locks. If i recall, they are all on a board.

#910 7 years ago

Heres some before and after pics of polishing and mechanically going through this top to bottom.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#911 7 years ago

Forgot my little mod i added.

#912 7 years ago

Still wondering if anyone has the bulb list from when they put leds in their fishtales I need to know how many of each color and base type to order.

#913 7 years ago

if you order in bulk, you usually get a discount and you'll have spares or some leftover for your next pin.

#914 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Still wondering if anyone has the bulb list from when they put leds in their fishtales I need to know how many of each color and base type to order.

By going to the game manual, you can see all the lamps (bulbs) required. Go to page 2-42.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/861/Williams_1992_Fish_Tales_English_Manual.pdf

But, I advise a different approach than trying to buy everything all at once and hoping you like it. IF you have other pins, you could do what I did. I ordered a variety of LED's. What I didn't use in FT, I could put in other pins. You "pre-plan" what you think you would need, especially in places you want higher lighting intensity, and then plan your colors. I tried clear (white) LED's under some green inserts. Then, I put in green LED's in the same places to compare. On most spots I kept the green in there. Seemed to bring out the color more.

You will find you will change your mind at times, especially in the backboard. You'll put in a yellow and then wish to change it to orange, etc.

After I made my initial order of LED's, I had my pin at about 90% finished of where I wanted to be. Had to wait awhile until I needed to order more LED's and then I completed it. You can order a dozen greens and then find you need just two more. You will put in an LED and find that you need a brighter one (that you don't have!).

Not trying to sound like a know-it-all, but I don't believe you can successfully make just one purchase of LED's and it will all come out perfectly. And keep in mind, what I like, you may not like. What you do to finish out the pin with LED's is to use your own judgment and preference. You can't go by what someone else has done and copy that. This is an 'artistic endeavor'. You will put LED's in and step back and tell yourself, "Wow! That's exactly what I want!" Then, the next day, you turn it on and suddenly one place will pop out at you and tell you some other kind of LED needs to go in that spot. It's all in what your eye tells you what to do.

So . . . my final recommendation is to make a list of what you think you will need, buy those, put them in and then see what you need to finish out the whole game. If you own other pins, you won't go wrong in buying extras. I have 12 pins. For me, it is an on-going endeavor to complete them on out with LED's. I hope this helps.

Mike in Kentucky

#915 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Many of the LED kits for sale list what is included on their sites, so you could refer to that.

I love the look of the 'cool white frosted' bulbs for the GI.

#916 7 years ago

Thank everyone so much for the advice. I looked and there is a pretty good variety pack for sale I might get then I can start filling in both ft and space station.

#917 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Thank everyone so much for the advice. I looked and there is a pretty good variety pack for sale I might get then I can start filling in both ft and space station.

This is a good idea. I went through some trial and error and ultimately ended up making 4 or 5 separate orders (one of which was for one bulb ) for bulbs before it was all said and done. Everybody's tastes differ, so you being happy with how it looks is what really matters. That being said, A couple of things to consider, from my own experience, whatever that's worth -- I think using a color-changing bulb for the fish's eye in the topper is pretty cool, and I thought color matching the inserts in the playfield really helped them stand out.

3 weeks later
#918 7 years ago

Hit 2 supers in 4th round of super jacks..and a couple supers in the rounds before too. Previous bests were 1.75bill and 1.5billion.

20161101_200539 (resized).jpg20161101_200539 (resized).jpg

#919 7 years ago

I feel this game is so hard to scrore. I play 5 balls and barely replay at 220 mils.

#920 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I feel this game is so hard to scrore. I play 5 balls and barely replay at 220 mils.

Gotta master the lock shot. Supers start at 100mill the first time

#921 7 years ago

super is lit when you get to the multiball at the top of the boat?

#922 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

You need to make 3 regular jackpots first, then Supers are lit at the captive ball for 100mill first time. Then 200 mill 2nd time, up to a potential 600mill if you can get to super jacks a 6th time.

4th round of supers is the most I've gotten too.....

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

You need to make 3 regular jackpots first, then Supers are lit at the captive ball for 100mill first time. Then 200 mill 2nd time, up to a potential 600mill if you can get to super jacks a 6th time.
4th round of supers is the most I've gotten too.....

To get a normal jackpot, you shoot one ball into the casters club lock, or 2 for double. Then shoot your free ball up the left orbit and into the saucer on the top right.

#924 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Multiball at the top of the boat, just gives you multiball. It could give you the super jackbot multiball round, if you had already completed the 3 regular jackpots.

#925 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Gotta master the lock shot.

Yeah, the lock shot it pretty hard. Very narrow, very far from the flipper and the sweet spot on the flipper bat is minuscule, at least on my game.

#926 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Yeah, the lock shot it pretty hard. Very narrow, very far from the flipper and the sweet spot on the flipper bat is minuscule, at least on my game.

Ya I agree it can be a tricky shot, especially with 3 balls bouncing around

Getting your fastcast skill shot right off the plunge into the caster's club is huge too.

#927 7 years ago

the lock shot is a cakewalk compared to trying to hit the extra ball target. that thing is horrendous.

#928 7 years ago

i have good luck hitting the extra ball from the right flipper.

#929 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

the lock shot is a cakewalk compared to trying to hit the extra ball target. that thing is horrendous.

Try backhanding it with the right flipper.
(kneissl beat me to it)

#930 7 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Try backhanding it with the right flipper.
(kneissl beat me to it)

So he got the thumbs up

#931 7 years ago

you guys told me that before, but i forgot. that, and not really playing FT much anymore, i never tried it.

that target is positioned oddly. it's right next to the left rubber for casters' club. i feel like you almost have to hit on the left side of the target for it to register. i think i said this before, too .

#932 7 years ago

I don't think I've ever hit the EB from the left flipper. Backhands off a dead stopped right flipper? 95% of the time.

#933 7 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I don't think I've ever hit the EB from the left flipper. Backhands off a dead stopped right flipper? 95% of the time.

Correct, easy shot from the right.

#934 7 years ago

i see people on youtube doing it that way, too. must be common knowledge.

#935 7 years ago

I'm a rubbish player. I've owned Fishtales on and off for the last 5 years and the most I've managed Is about 400 million. The fact people are scoring 3 billion blows my tiny little mind.

#936 7 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

I'm a rubbish player. I've owned Fishtales on and off for the last 5 years and the most I've managed Is about 400 million. The fact people are scoring 3 billion blows my tiny little mind.

I'm with you. Luckily you don't have to be a world class player to enjoy pinball. I have the highest scores in my family and I think I barely have 400 mil. I like fixing them up and watch other people enjoy them.

#937 7 years ago

Guys, I am looking to join the Casters Club. Based in Denver, but would consider drives to Phoenix, Omaha, KC, etc.

Let me know if anyone is a little tired of goin' fishin'. Any condition. Trade i would consider would be for my excellent condition JM.

Thanks,

#938 7 years ago

Finally returned to the club yesterday. Has anyone else had reset issues using a rottendog driver board in this game?

#939 7 years ago

I have a set of replacement playfield rails FS if anyone is interested. They are oak and finished in black lacquer. Someone had tentatively ordered a set and then decided to not buy them. 60 shipped US

1 week later
#940 7 years ago

Hey guys, thinking of selling my Fish Tales if anyone is looking. It is really nice with new decals, new coin door, new rails, new lock bar, new legs, new ramps, new rubbers, LED kit, green led strip under backbox, painted all black on the inside of the cabinet, lots of new stuff. It did have some fish wear, so I covered it with the overlay and it looks fantastic. Rest of playfield looks great. You can choose between chrome or black nickel caster.

Ron
[email protected]
615-406-0204

#941 7 years ago

Hi Fisheads... I am in need of some sling plastics and the boat plastic if anyone has any for sale. Thanks!

#942 7 years ago

So I am having an occasional issue. During multiball I shoot into casters club to light jackpot, but before collecting jackpot the game kicks that locked ball out. Jackpot stays lit, and I can collect, but I'm having to deal with the two balls instead of 1 ball while the other remains locked. It only happens sometimes though. Should I be checking the switch right before the reel, or does it sound more like an opto issue?

#943 7 years ago

Check to see if switches click and aren't bent first. But most likely dirty optos. Clean with Q-tips and rubbing alcohol 70% or higher.

#944 7 years ago

Tsskinne

I had to take the glass off and test that. I never realized that the ball you relock during multiball to light jackpot, waits in the catapult until you make the jackpot or the jackpot times out and that is when it sends the ball back in play. Catapult switch OK?

One other theory - if your other balls drain during multiball, it will release that ball while jackpot is lit. Maybe something with the through switches? Middle one maybe?

1 week later
#945 7 years ago

Ok, found I definitely have opto issues in the casters club, no biggie fix those tonight. Bigger issue I am having trouble with drop target. I had noticed that it would fire to reset the drop target multiple times whenever it was returned to the up position, I realized that it was because switch is staying registered. Can anyone please post some close up photos of the single drop target mech so I can compare it to how mine is set up right now. I have a manual and I used the explosion diagram....the biggest thing I can't tell is if the plunger and plate reset assembly part #a-11388-2 is positioned correctly....thank you for any help.

#946 7 years ago

Here are pics in up and down position from two angles -

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG
4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG

#947 7 years ago

Thank you, my switch is placed below the return plate, that must be my issue, greatly appreciate the help!

#948 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

if your other balls drain during multiball, it will release that ball while jackpot is lit

The quote didn't show up. Here it is as a copy and paste: if your other balls drain during multiball, it will release that ball while jackpot is lit.

That's the way mine works. I thought this was normal. Is there a chance it is not?

Mike in Kentucky

#949 7 years ago

I have posed this question before way back in this thread. I need the plastic for the Caster's Club (where the ball goes into the lock on the right side of he pin). I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone have a lead on one of these or a used one laying around you would sell?

Thanks,

Mike in Kentucky

Casters Club (resized).jpgCasters Club (resized).jpg

#950 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

if your other balls drain during multiball, it will release that ball while jackpot is lit.
That's the way mine works. I thought this was normal. Is there a chance it is not?

Yes, that's normal. I was just clarifying that point. If the logic though a ball had drained, that would be one reason to see the issue he was having.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/19?hl=neuromancer87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.