IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
20240406_211505 (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 112.
#851 7 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Restored Fish Tales Pros: Lots of new parts Fully functional Clearcoated Playfield New plastic set installed Has topper Cabinet looks great Cons: Small visual imperfection in pla...”
2016-09-12
Sleepy Hollow, IL
3,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 391 times
Contributed to Pinside

#852 7 years ago

good seller and AMAZING condition for the asking price. If anyone is looking to join, then that seems like a great deal based on lack of cab fad and the nicely clearcoated pf.

#853 7 years ago

There is a wire on the trough, it's under the apron and it's best to remove apron for this test. That wire on top of through, should be visible with apron off; that wire can get bent, broken, or sometime completely absent. ThE wire keeps the balls from going back to the drain. Check it , when drain kicks it to ball lane, if the wire is screwed up this can impede it.

Quoted from Iaintnobodydork:ball bouncing back into the trough during the ball save period. It seems like it is firing to hard but I'm not real sure yet.

#854 7 years ago

Thanks Guys, the wire gate was good but the metal tab was bent out of its proper place. It is much better so far but still not 100% I may remove the metal plate on the shooter lane wall and put some foam tape in to deaden the bounce back. I don't want it screwing up in competition.

#855 7 years ago

Question: Even though the flipper bats are smaller on Fish Tales, does it still require regular 1.5 inch rubber bands?

Super bands are a pretty tight fit and would think regular would work.

The manual calls for regular but wondering...

#856 7 years ago

Yes mate same size

#858 7 years ago

Hi,

I would like to remake this" very beautiful" connector (the one under the 4 fish), but I am not confident about the exact position of the wires, can someone take a nice picture that I could use as a reference?
thank you

2_450x600 (resized).jpg2_450x600 (resized).jpg

#859 7 years ago

Anyone got a new CPR playfield? How does it look? What grade? Any flaws or defect?

#860 7 years ago

I got one, looks great. Only thing i noticed is a mis-alignment on the inlane/outlane switch holes on one side (didn't really concern me). besides that the clearcoat is thicker, and looks overall like they have stepped up quality since Taxi (my previous CPR)

#861 7 years ago

I got a Bronze, it's a beautiful playfield with nice clear coat. The Bronze flaw is this "angler fish" effect on the monster fishes head. I'm very happy with the playfield.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#862 7 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Hi,
I would like to remake this" very beautiful" connector (the one under the 4 fish), but I am not confident about the exact position of the wires, can someone take a nice picture that I could use as a reference?
thank you

IMAG0298[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0298[1] (resized).jpg

#863 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I got one, looks great. Only thing i noticed is a mis-alignment on the inlane/outlane switch holes on one side (didn't really concern me). besides that the clearcoat is thicker, and looks overall like they have stepped up quality since Taxi (my previous CPR)

Its time to dump that Taxi. Its old and boring.. Its grandpa's Model T and a new Porsche needs to park in the garage. Pinside Market is here for a reason.

#864 7 years ago

thanks weaverj !

#865 7 years ago

anytime.

#866 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I got a Bronze, it's a beautiful playfield with nice clear coat. The Bronze flaw is this "angler fish" effect on the monster fishes head. I'm very happy with the playfield.

Quoted from Kneissl:

Thanks guys, good feedback!

#867 7 years ago

I've owned my project FT since 2010, and recently traded it to a friend who proceeded to fully refurbish it, including new cabinet decals. Well, he fixed it up beautifully, played it for a few weeks, and now it is coming back on another trade. Problem is, it is missing one part which has remained elusive-- i.e. part# A8936, an Armature Plate. See attached, #25 on the diagram. Anyone have this sitting around in an old PF they aren't going to use or know where I can get one? Would appreciate any help!

FishTalesPlate - 1 (resized).jpgFishTalesPlate - 1 (resized).jpg

#868 7 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Problem is, it is missing one part which has remained elusive-- i.e. part# A8936, an Armature Plate. See attached, #25 on the diagram.

It would probably help to explain that it is the part of the drop target assembly that knocks down the drop target at the start of a game, to help others look for one.

If the spring came unhooked, that part would drop in to the bottom of the cabinet and possibly be hiding under something. Make sure to look in the back corners, since most parts end up there when the cab is stood on end.

#869 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

It would probably help to explain that it is the part of the drop target assembly that knocks down the drop target at the start of a game, to help others look for one.
If the spring came unhooked, that part would drop in to the bottom of the cabinet and possibly be hiding under something. Make sure to look in the back corners, since most parts end up there when the cab is stood on end.

Thank you Neal for the clarification! Cabinet was stripped to the wood when he did the cabinet decals. Possible it was in the cabinet at some point, but lost now. Game is still 100% playable I'm told, but evidently the machine will not automatically drop the target in a multi-player game if you had knocked it down on a previous ball. Or at least that was the way it was explained to me.

#870 7 years ago

Surprised this is not readily available as it's also in other games like STTNG, BSD etc that have droppable and resettable drop targets. I would have to look at my STTNG, and FT to verify they are identical parts tho.

#871 7 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Problem is, it is missing one part which has remained elusive-- i.e. part# A8936, an Armature Plate.

The parts list on IPDB doesn't list the armature sub-assembly as A-8936 but rather as A-15821, which is in stock at Marco.

Ironically, it seems to be cheaper if you buy it with a ball gate actuator attached (A-11146), which would conveniently also include hardware.

And if you're missing the armature plate, you're probably also missing the actuator, right? Well Marco has it in stock: 01-8647-R.

I think you're in luck...

#872 7 years ago

cleaned up nice for a player condition and EBAY gamble! Wasn't so sure when it was delivered.

Got most the bugs worked out, was adjusting the flippers last night and was getting a bunch of callouts as if flipper button was pushed in attract mode (when moving flippers by hand). The game has no callouts when button pushed, only when flipper is moved? Also doesn't scroll through high scores when flipper button is pushed?

IMG_3048 (resized).JPGIMG_3048 (resized).JPG

IMG_3047 (resized).JPGIMG_3047 (resized).JPG

IMG_3054 (resized).JPGIMG_3054 (resized).JPG

#873 7 years ago

cabinet looks very nice.

#874 7 years ago

For those who got a new CPR, how bad was your original?

#875 7 years ago

Hi, everybody. Long time lurker, but this is my first post in the club. Had my Fish Tales now for about 9 months, and was when I first got it there was a minor issue with Part A15470 (the 3 lamp assembly to light up stretch the truth, Feeding Frenzy). I was able to get it to work, but my solution isn't ideal and I'd like to just replace it. Bay Area has it on wait list, but haven't seen it available anywhere else. I live near the Chicago Expo, and was planning on going this year for the 1st time, but wanted to see if anyone has an idea of my likelihood of any vendor selling that part there, or if anyone has any other ideas for locating a replacement. Thanks in advance for your help!

#876 7 years ago
Quoted from mot:

The parts list on IPDB doesn't list the armature sub-assembly as A-8936 but rather as A-15821, which is in stock at Marco.
Ironically, it seems to be cheaper if you buy it with a ball gate actuator attached (A-11146), which would conveniently also include hardware.
And if you're missing the armature plate, you're probably also missing the actuator, right? Well Marco has it in stock: 01-8647-R.
I think you're in luck...

Thank you, mot! Great info. Digging into it now.

#877 7 years ago

Loop question. When you launch the ball where is the ball hitting your left flipper?

Mine is very close to the tip. Game is level.

#878 7 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Loop question. When you launch the ball where is the ball hitting your left flipper?

i wouldn't say mine is very close to the tip, but i can one-timer it into casters' club off the launch. is your game steep enough?

#879 7 years ago

According to my level, 6.5 of steepness.

#880 7 years ago

if you don't swing at it, does it bounce over to the right or does it drain?

#881 7 years ago

Back in the club, first pin I've ever owned for a 2nd time.

IMG_1151 (resized).jpgIMG_1151 (resized).jpg

#882 7 years ago

I can pretty consistently load the reel or back to back loops to advance the boat. If I dead flip it , it sometimes bounces to the right flipper but usually comes in hot and bounces to the right kicker. Mine hits about middle of the flipper. Ps I have the Lightning flippers.

#883 7 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

Its time to dump that Taxi. Its old and boring.. Its grandpa's Model T and a new Porsche needs to park in the garage. Pinside Market is here for a reason.

grandpa-simpson (resized).jpggrandpa-simpson (resized).jpg

#884 7 years ago

I agree the Simpsons would be a real upgrade..

Taxi for sale in SC!!

#885 7 years ago

Looks like my loop issue must have been level problem. Even though the 2 digital levels I have read properly level.

From people's comments and watching the Papa tutorial, the loop should hit the middle of left flipper.

Changed my FT location in the game room, installed a new set of legs and levelers and started fresh. Loop shoot plays perfectly now.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Quoted from Stebel:

#886 7 years ago

Got new stand up target stickers. Slap them on over the old ones or take the targets out, strip the old sticker and clean?

20160929_182211 (resized).jpg20160929_182211 (resized).jpg

#887 7 years ago

i'd try to remove old.

#888 7 years ago

Strip and clean for sure. Clean smooth surface will stick so much better.

#889 7 years ago

Does anyone have a partial decal sheet? My inserts are all fine with the exception of a chip on the "Auto Cast" insert. I need that decal, but hate to buy a whole sheet just for that one. I thought maybe someone had a sheet they bought just for the fish? Thanks

#890 7 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Strip and clean for sure. Clean smooth surface will stick so much better.</blockquote
?

Is it a pain in the ass to remove the stand up targets?

#891 7 years ago

easy if you unsolder.

#892 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Does anyone have a partial decal sheet? My inserts are all fine with the exception of a chip on the "Auto Cast" insert. I need that decal, but hate to buy a whole sheet just for that one. I thought maybe someone had a sheet they bought just for the fish? Thanks

Yeah i've got a sheet with the following insert decals still on it >> L, I, E, Lock 1, Lock 2, Lock 3, Special x 2, Lite Fish Finder x 2, Cast Again, Video Mode, Rock The Boat, Lite X-Ball, Hold Bonus 1,000,000 and the Auto Cast one your are chasing. I wont be needing any of these as i will eventually be swapping to a new CPR playfield.

#893 7 years ago

I'm looking for a set of playfield rails from a FT for a customer that just got a CPR playfield in. If you have a parted playfield or are in the process of a restoration and could take some measurements of yours it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

#894 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

'm looking for a set of playfield rails from a FT

Do you mean the wire forms, or habbit trails?
Or playfield metal guides?
I have a box of both, could take a look.
For everyone else , I have a reel assembly metal , nos black reel, decal and motor available. I also have a not to bad fishing rod plastic that covers the catapult on left, the long fishing rod plastic.
All great parts left over from restore.
I've been meaning to make adds for a month just busy.
If interested, I'll check back here over next couple days, or PM me. I'm able to insert pictures in pm messages.
I always donate to pinside for sales even if I don't make an add. See my feedback.
Thanks Eric, gone fishing leave a message.

#895 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Do you mean the wire forms, or habbit trails?
Or playfield metal guides?

He means the black wooden rails on the edge of the playfield. He makes and sells oak replacements.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oak-replacement-playfield-rails-wh2o-and-taf-ready-to-ship-or-york

#896 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

He means the black wooden rails on the edge of the playfield. He makes and sells oak replacements.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oak-replacement-playfield-rails-wh2o-and-taf-ready-to-ship-or-york

Yep, these. Thanks

#897 7 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Is it a pain in the ass to remove the stand up targets?

This was easy, two screws hold the targets to the underside of the playfield. Razor blade to pry the old sticker off. Cleaned the target, new stickers on, two screws back in. They look nice!

#898 7 years ago

Just joined the club! Proud to own this game I love it! She needs some love but plays nice. Wondering if anyone can give me a bulb list? For coloured LEDs, matching the inserts. I would like to make an order before I tear it all apart. I want to play it for awhile while I wait for it and a plastics set.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#899 7 years ago

Also does anyone have any nice apron cards made up for this game?

#900 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'm looking for a set of playfield rails from a FT for a customer that just got a CPR playfield in. If you have a parted playfield or are in the process of a restoration and could take some measurements of yours it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Located a a set.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,500 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Boards
PinSound

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.