p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
FT1 (resized).jpg
fishtales sword (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 13.20.11 (resized).png
3ff3af1335f3cf0ab4ddec7bc6e817774e6da3b5 (resized).jpg
20240121_211414 (resized).jpg
20240121_211552 (resized).jpg

There are 5,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 112.
#751 7 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

I'm not really impressed

Are you sure? Did you get 15-20 games in yet?
Once you clean up playfield maybe you will like it. Challenging fast game. Great video mode!
If you got all 3 jackets on First multiball, scored over half billion, and killed monster fish. Then your done. But most that own game for years havn't done that yet. Maybe your pitch on back legs is off, should be at 6 1/2 degrees.
Like previous poster said, not a Fish Tales to you have a topper!

#752 7 years ago

I've had ft for years and I've still never got all 3 jackpots!!! I'm terrible though!

I notice yours has system 11 style side rails too!

I had my email from CPR this morning. New playfield on the way. Get in

#753 7 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

I'm not really impressed with FT.

It will play better when you take it off the lift.

FT is my favorite game in my collection, and the one I'm sure is never leaving.

#754 7 years ago

Have the topper. It was in the back seat of my truck. I do like shooting the jet skiers.

#755 7 years ago

I picked up the FT along with a Flintstones. Not putting down FT, but can't understand how it is rated higher than the Flintstones. I can't stop playing the Flintstones. Great call outs, mutiballs and plenty of things to shot at. I guess I need to spend some time on the FT. Just shoting the cross ramps all the time gets kinda boring.

#756 7 years ago

I've been out of the club for over a year, I want back in.

Quoted from rdbronko73:

I picked up the FT along with a Flintstones. Not putting down FT, but can't understand how it is rated higher than the Flintstones. I can't stop playing the Flintstones. Great call outs, mutiballs and plenty of things to shot at. I guess I need to spend some time on the FT. Just shoting the cross ramps all the time gets kinda boring.

I also have a Flintstones and agree it is a very underrated game, I do miss the difficulty though of FT, I felt like it made me a better player when I owned one.

If anybody is looking to leave the club keep me in mind. -Tommy

#757 7 years ago

Here's a strange one. Ive owned my fishtales for about 2 years. It gets played at least once a week but more often than not its most evenings.

In this 2 year period I have had about 4 resets when pushing the ball launch button as these era of games do when the hv section is failing. The ball launch coil is fine. Measures 4.3 ohms resistance.

Start button is fine. At any rate I would expect a short anywhere to blow a fuse and not cause a reset.

The only common denominator I can think of is, each time it happens the game has been on for a longer period of time. Normally I'm only playing for an hour tops but when it happens the machine has generally been on for a couple of hours.

Anyone had similar or have any ideas?

#758 7 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Here's a strange one. Ive owned my fishtales for about 2 years. It gets played at least once a week but more often than not its most evenings.
In this 2 year period I have had about 4 resets when pushing the ball launch button as these era of games do when the hv section is failing. The ball launch coil is fine. Measures 4.3 ohms resistance.
Start button is fine. At any rate I would expect a short anywhere to blow a fuse and not cause a reset.
The only common denominator I can think of is, each time it happens the game has been on for a longer period of time. Normally I'm only playing for an hour tops but when it happens the machine has generally been on for a couple of hours.

Could be a bridge rectifier. The FT I used to own would reset every once in a while, and finally one of the bridge rectifiers went out completely. Replaced the bridge rectifier and it never reset again.

#759 7 years ago

I hear ya. But normally a good double flip will cause a reset if that's the problem but I can double flip all day, no drama. It's so infrequent I'll leave changing the bridges, just wondered if anyone cleverer than me (most people) had an idea.

#760 7 years ago

First time i've ever cracked it for the super jackpot

DSC02398_(resized).JPGDSC02398_(resized).JPG

#761 7 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Two primary causes:

This is the "BR2 / C5 Mantra" coupled with sunken solder traces on the PDB.
As the game heats up with power being used with electricity, the excess heat on the BR2, C5, or other parts of the board may have a momentary disconnect resulting in a signal of loss of voltage. Hence, the game signals a reset.
The BR2 can fail outright as well.
Reflowing solder traces and rebuilding the board will eliminate the problem.

The other potential cause is a momentary ground short coming from the start button or row/column off the switch matrix.
Normally, caused by a failing diode, rather than the switch itself.

#762 7 years ago

Just rejoined the club. I got a players condition cab but a nice playfield. Let the restoration begin.

#763 7 years ago

they're flying recently. picked up yesterday:

IMAG0198[1]_(resized).jpgIMAG0198[1]_(resized).jpg

#764 7 years ago

i am continually impressed by toppers. started with Getaway, now FT. very cool.

#765 7 years ago

is magic eraser okay to use on the cabinet art?

just got done razorblading off that damn sticker under the right speaker grill. wanted to kill myself.

#767 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

is magic eraser okay to use on the cabinet art?
just got done razorblading off that damn sticker under the right speaker grill. wanted to kill myself.

Not unless you want to remove color from the cabinet screening.

#768 7 years ago

simple green?

#769 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

simple green?

I don't know what you are trying to remove.
This determines the best course of action.

You can use "Goo Gone" (NOT "Goof Off") for stickers, but lightly soak, do not scrub. Ensure removal of all residue with alcohol wash or nalptha, to prevent discoloration, and do not let it get under corners or tears.

Simple Green diluted works well for simple black marks due to rubs.

#770 7 years ago

yeah, like black scuffs mostly. naphtha didn't do much.

#771 7 years ago

Hello all,

Just finished shopping out my FT I picked up and after replacing the J121 connector that was burnt out and reseating all of the wires in J120 my lower backbox GI is still completely out. I couldn't seem to figure out which fuse correlated to this as that wold have been my next step in troubleshooting. If it is not the fuse, any ideas of where to look next?

Also, if anyone knows where to get the L5 non-ghosting ROM, please LMK.

Thanks!!

#772 7 years ago
Quoted from drjbeyer:

my lower backbox GI is still completely out

F110 5A SB

J121 pin 7, white-brown wire.

#773 7 years ago

this doesn't look right:

IMAG0220[1]_(resized).jpgIMAG0220[1]_(resized).jpg

#774 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

this doesn't look right:

If you are referring to the rough square area, that is the way mine was as well.

#775 7 years ago

As mentioned in post #633 I decided to quickly mock up some decals for the backboard as a replacement for those who are making one from scratch and want something that is closely identical to the original. I'm at the stage of finding somewhere local that could print them off at a high enough quality at the dimension 62cm(L) x 20cm(H) this is because it allows some room to apply the decal which can be trimmed back.
They are a tad darker than the one mentioned in the other post because I tried to match the same colours and the factory version. I have included a dropbox link which contains the .psd , .png and .jpg file for the decal. If anyone has any alterations which they would like to share in the future by all means go for it https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nziaqcoowhuglbc/AAAQ06AsIZF_6ukAS-ABzjyMa?dl=0 FishTalesBackboardDecal_(resized).pngFishTalesBackboardDecal_(resized).png
TopperDecal(A_tad_Lighter)_(resized).pngTopperDecal(A_tad_Lighter)_(resized).pngTopperDecal_(resized).pngTopperDecal_(resized).png

#776 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

If you are referring to the rough square area, that is the way mine was as well.

that can't be the way they were shipped, right? looks like it chipped off.

#777 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

that can't be the way they were shipped, right? looks like it chipped off.

Nope, if you pull up the ball guide, it's all rough under there.

#778 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

F110 5A SB
J121 pin 7, white-brown wire.

Yup, checked, it reseated it, still out. I think it's the pins on the board

#779 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Yep mine is rough as well.

#780 7 years ago

man, this gd game is tough. had her for 9 days and finally put my initials in tonight: 285 million.

#781 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

man, this gd game is tough. had her for 9 days and finally put my initials in tonight: 285 million.

Do you have the shorter lighting flippers on?

#782 7 years ago

have not measured them, but they look normal.

#783 7 years ago

Lightning flippers are the shorter ones that are standard on FT, and BSD. They add to the challenge and fun.

They have a large lightning bolt molded in the plastic on top along with the Williams logo.

#784 7 years ago

yeah, i know about the bolts, but i've seen standard length flippers with bolts, too.

#785 7 years ago

the fire button on the fishing rod shooter: doesn't light up, right?

#786 7 years ago

Unless it a prototype, no.

#787 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

the fire button on the fishing rod shooter: doesn't light up, right?

I added an LED button to my shooter handle, go back a few pages, there's a description on what to search for on fleabay and some after pics. First post on page 14 shows the handle after i had it re-chromed and with the LED installed.

#788 7 years ago

Just picked up my third FT and plan on keeping this one. It was on location at a bowling alley in S Florida and I understand one of the top ranked players in Florida lived nearby.
All the high scores are over a billion and ten rock the boats. Gonna be a while before I get on the high score board.

#789 7 years ago

Joined the Club this week!

Ultra faded cabinet, decals on the way. OK playfield, some planking and insert lifting but not much insert wear. Mini-playfield is good. Plastics are new, translite is good. DMD is good. Plays 100%

Don't have ceiling room for topper (same as Taxi) Topper off...

IMG_3288_(resized).JPGIMG_3288_(resized).JPG
IMG_3289_(resized).JPGIMG_3289_(resized).JPG
IMG_3290_(resized).JPGIMG_3290_(resized).JPG
IMG_3291_(resized).JPGIMG_3291_(resized).JPG
IMG_3292_(resized).JPGIMG_3292_(resized).JPG

#790 7 years ago

To bad about ceiling....looks like there room for cutting a hole up there and lower the leg levelers. You could also cut legs down and sit and play.

#791 7 years ago

if you haven't played one with the topper, don't.

1 week later
#792 7 years ago

Hey everyone, I just picked up Fish Tales about a week ago and it needs some work. I'm hoping I can find a set of laminated decals to replace the 4 fish in the center, but none of the normal pinball suppliers have them in stock. Does anyone have any leads on where to find them???

#794 7 years ago

Thanks Neal! That's a super useful tool for finding pinball parts!

#795 7 years ago

T'was looking through pinballowners and I stumbled across this concoction of a fish talesimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#796 7 years ago

White Fish...Fish Water...You add Bigfoot to top of boat ramp, or make Bigfoot a nice topper? I also see the topper isn't on or working.

#797 7 years ago

Wrong on so many levels that is

#798 7 years ago

frankenstein!

#799 7 years ago
#800 7 years ago

White Tales....Water Tales....??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 169.00
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 49.99
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Herndon, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/16?hl=crater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.