IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 113.
#651 8 years ago

Got fed up with having a faded/patchy shooter handle so finally had mine chromed. Really happy with the results and now need to get the cab decals done. Might wait for a new playfield first though That brings me around to my question >> Does anyone know if Kevin gets in touch with people on the waiting list for leftover playfields? OR is it just first in best dressed after they have contacted all the pre-order mob?

DSC02162_(resized).JPGDSC02162_(resized).JPG

DSC02163_(resized).JPGDSC02163_(resized).JPG

#652 8 years ago

I emailed to go on the reserve and I got a confirmation email from Kevin

#653 8 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

I emailed to go on the reserve and I got a confirmation email from Kevin

Yeah i did too but i mean does he contact when it's time to purchase though, after the pre-order guys have been sorted?

#654 8 years ago

Ah I see, sorry. Yes he will.

#655 8 years ago

Hi i want to join the casters club im planing on getting a FT its $1330 a good price?in the pictures looks good but i havent see it,on the add says good condition to be shoped i ask if the fish at the top moves and the guy said yes.theres any advice you can give me?,what to look for when i go to see it?
thank you

#656 8 years ago

Turn it off and then on. If it gives a error report , look closely and see what is wrong. That price is fairly cheap so look very closely. Great game though. You will soon turn off the fish topper if you decide to get it. Don't get caught up in nostalgia.

#657 8 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Hi i want to join the casters club im planing on getting a FT its $1330 a good price?

Shoot, I'll take it if you don't want it!

#658 8 years ago

Check the fishing reel. Check the launch handle, is it there? Those are hard parts to come by.
The rest on the PF is just plastic, screws, bolts and switches. Check the powerdrive board, does it have burnt connectors or bad pins? Battery leakage on the cpu board? Is the transformer and its cables in good condition?

#659 8 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Turn it off and then on. If it gives a error report , look closely and see what is wrong. That price is fairly cheap so look very closely. Great game though. You will soon turn off the fish topper if you decide to get it. Don't get caught up in nostalgia.

thxs for the tips,what you mean...but i am caught up in nostalgia

Quoted from aerobert:

Check the fishing reel. Check the launch handle, is it there? Those are hard parts to come by.
The rest on the PF is just plastic, screws, bolts and switches. Check the powerdrive board, does it have burnt connectors or bad pins? Battery leakage on the cpu board? Is the transformer and its cables in good condition?

need to check the PF but it seems nice on the pictures the orange on the cabinet its gone

EDIT:i see the 0. the dot its there after the zero....is it too bad?is it playable?the price its $1330+shipping

#660 8 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

You will soon turn off the fish topper if you decide to get it.

No way! That flapping tail shakes the whole game, which is half the fun. With the dome installed, it's not that loud IMHO.

#661 8 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

i see the 0. the dot its there after the zero....is it too bad?is it playable?the price its $1330+shipping

That "credit dot" normally indicates there is some issue, and pressing the enter button will take you to the service screen, and it will report the issue. Normally a bad switch, but could be anything.

You can get a set of cabinet decals for $265 if you want to fix the faded orange.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/FT_Page.html

$1330+shipping is a good deal for a FT that needs to be shopped. (I would install an LED kit while shopping it. Those have many benefits and look great in FT.)

#662 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That "credit dot" normally indicates there is some issue, and pressing the enter button will take you to the service screen, and it will report the issue. Normally a bad switch, but could be anything.
You can get a set of cabinet decals for $265 if you want to fix the faded orange.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/FT_Page.html
$1330+shipping is a good deal for a FT that needs to be shopped. (I would install an LED kit while shopping it. Those have many benefits and look great in FT.)

so i should press the start button while in credit zero to know the issue?

#663 8 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

so i should press the start button while in credit zero to know the issue?

No, open the coin door, and you will see the 4 service buttons mounted on the inside of the door.

Press the one on the right labeled 'enter'.

#664 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

No, open the coin door, and you will see the 4 service buttons mounted on the inside of the door.
Press the one on the right labeled 'enter'.

oh ok wich of the error messages are a deal breaker? and wich are the minor issues?,the price its $1330

#665 8 years ago

At that price, unless there it's worn to the wood or doesn't turn on, just buy the damn thing.

#666 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

At that price, unless there it's worn to the wood or doesn't turn on, just buy the damn thing.

Agreed, even if it doesn't turn on, buy it.

#667 8 years ago

Just buy it now! I would and I have one.

#668 8 years ago

I'll buy it and tell you how it turns out

#669 8 years ago

Are you gonna talk, or are you gonna fish?

#670 8 years ago

Playfield arrived today. Looks gorgeous. Will probably sit a few months until vacation. Depth and gloss of clearcoat is very nice.

I am sure others will examine more closely, I only gave it a two minute look and put it back in the box. Curious what others think, I know CPR doesn't put out junk so I didn't bother going too crazy checking it out.

Chris

#671 8 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

Playfield arrived today. Looks gorgeous. Will probably sit a few months until vacation. Depth and gloss of clearcoat is very nice.
I am sure others will examine more closely, I only gave it a two minute look and put it back in the box. Curious what others think, I know CPR doesn't put out junk so I didn't bother going too crazy checking it out.
Chris

Still waiting to "get the call" on my payment to CPR.

Since I didn't order until 11/24/14, I'm guessing it will be a while before I hear from CPR

#672 8 years ago

Broke a billion last night. Must be time to turn up the difficulty settings and reduce the extra balls.

#673 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Still waiting to "get the call" on my payment to CPR.
Since I didn't order until 11/24/14, I'm guessing it will be a while before I hear from CPR

I am sure it will be soon, and I am sure they made extras, Fish Tales had a good production run.

I can't believe how long ago I put my name in on the waiting list. I have to say, CPR came through.

Chris

#674 8 years ago

Nice scratch under the clear on my cpr gold. Highly visible area too.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#675 8 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

I only gave it a two minute look and put it back in the box.

You should let it cure out of the box.

#676 8 years ago

Thanks, that's a good idea fiberdude, I'll let it cure for a monrh or two. Catboxer, sorry to hear about the scratch, for the money they should be nearly flawless, email them and get it swapped.

#677 8 years ago

Just shopped one out for a customer...

#678 8 years ago

Anyone have one for sale in FL?

#679 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Nice scratch under the clear on my cpr gold. Highly visible area too.

did you get it swapped with another?

#680 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

did you get it swapped with another?

Took a credit. It's going to Kruzman town!

#681 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Took a credit. It's going to Kruzman town!

nice!

how much credit did they give?

#682 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nice!
how much credit did they give?

A gentleman never tells

#683 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

A gentleman never tells

Nice answer. That is between the seller and you.

#684 8 years ago

I was cleaning out garage and found a complete set of all metal rails on playfield for Fish tales. Would anyone in club be interested in this just PM me. Was thinking $25 plus shipping.
Thanks Eric

1 week later
#685 8 years ago

Hi!
Someone knows where I can find these 'wave' stickers (4) on each sides of ramps?
Were they originaly on the game?
They add so much to the whole design. I'd love to buy some
thanks in advance!
Lou

img_7561_(resized).jpgimg_7561_(resized).jpg

#686 8 years ago

I think they're treasure cove decals

#687 8 years ago

LSOG had them at one point

#689 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Hi!
Someone knows where I can find these 'wave' stickers (4) on each sides of ramps?
thanks in advance!
Lou

img_7561_(resized).jpg

I think they block even more of the view that is already compromised by the boat ramp. Hey, different strokes for different folks as they say.

#690 8 years ago

you might be right.
I'll try it and see!

#691 8 years ago

Help request: I'm getting all the connectors hooked back up on my FT and I can't figure out from my pictures where these two go. They are both single black wires that are paired with single Molex connectors. One comes off the display panel wiring.

Any help is appreciated!

IMG_1947_(resized).JPGIMG_1947_(resized).JPG

IMG_1948_(resized).JPGIMG_1948_(resized).JPG

#692 8 years ago

Those go to the sound board lower right shown here. One has a wire on pin2 and one has a wire on pin3 if you look closely.

IMG_0635_(resized).JPGIMG_0635_(resized).JPG

#693 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Those go to the sound board lower right shown here. One has a wire on pin2 and one has a wire on pin3 if you look closely.
IMG_0635_(resized).JPG

You rock! Thank you so much, hooking up the connectors is always my least favorite job after taking a pin completely apart. In the future, when I think I've taken enough pictures, I need to take twice as many!

#694 7 years ago

I'm about to suffer the same pain after redecaling the cab and head. Hate that job.

#695 7 years ago

When I take a back box completely off I use colored electrical tape to write where they go on the connectors.

Never use black. It has different adhesive that will leave a mess.

#696 7 years ago

Just added Yellow post lights on both slings, Green led strip under apron and the bad mother fu#% monster fish!!

At first I wasnt sure of this game. Easy rules and cheesy team.

Now it's my best. I tought BSD was a drain bitch but this one win The Gold!! Loving it)

#697 7 years ago

Looks great cheese wizard!
How hard were those yellow post lights?

#698 7 years ago

How hard to install?
Really really Easy!
I bought mine with some DIY but I think cointaker sell them already plug n' play.
Best mod for The $

#699 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Hi!
thanks in advance!
Lou

Little Shop of Games has them as well.

These were definately TC additions, about the time the sea shell decal was reproduced again.
I honestly cannot remember who first made them, but kudos on quality.

FT did not come with these from the factory.

#700 7 years ago

They look nice, but form follows function for me. They will block the pops and rollover lanes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.