AB229691-BD43-4C7C-9295-FA8AEF787ECC (resized).jpeg
35BCE605-3677-459D-B188-C709AAB0FCA7 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220121-225121 (resized).png
7BC47792-DA99-4980-BA66-FDABD55027F5 (resized).jpeg
20210910_222145 (resized).jpg
AB4589F6-DE75-41AB-8454-F92A6A896CA7 (resized).jpeg
DFD2D065-0B65-4EBB-AD7B-D4DFF8C95DBD (resized).jpeg
5BC2B29A-F0B9-49A4-B230-9A577A40E5A3 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 87.
#601 5 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I have been having the same issue. The drop target won't drop itself, it will only drop if hit. This is especially a problem when playing multi-player games as the target will often remain up when the next player starts. I took a look at the solenoid and the brass actuator that is attached had snapped off. There is a thin piece of metal that activates the drop target when the solenoid engages. I found a replacement on Marco, it's #01-8647-R. I hope that helps.

Thanks for that. The arm wasn't the issue, but the spring holding it was. I loosened it and it works fine. But the as I wrote in a post before, the target stays up sometimes anyway and I'm convinced this is a software bug.

#602 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a launch (cast?) button for the fishing rod handle on this game? I know they used several different versions of it during production, I'd really take any of them. Thanks!

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Anyone know where I can find a launch (cast?) button for the fishing rod handle on this game? I know they used several different versions of it during production, I'd really take any of them. Thanks!

You can have my old one if you want. There is nothing wrong with it I just replaced it with a lighted one. The extra one I have is the same as in post 521

#604 5 years ago

That would be awesome! I'll send you a PM.

#605 5 years ago

I've seen everything from the original tiny button to square ones, and bigger round ones. Just use anything that doesn't look too strange to your taste. Don't sweat it too much.

#606 5 years ago

I am looking for sling plastics for my FT but have had bad luck buying plastics on ebay in the past. I have a nice original set except the slings are broke so I am going to be a little picky. Would like color and printing to be done correctly. Does anyone have a NOS set for sale or experience with any of the repros out there that can give advice? Thanks in advance.

#607 5 years ago

For those of you on the CPR wait list for Fish Tales playfields....its in clearcoat now, I would expect we will be receiving emails soon. Good stuff!

Now if we could get them to repro the plastics set....

Chris

#608 5 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

For those of you on the CPR wait list for Fish Tales playfields....its in clearcoat now, I would expect we will be receiving emails soon. Good stuff!
Chris

i think you can get them from Bay area amusements.

#609 5 years ago

I think Rick said it's everything but the big left hand side fishing rod but they may make that later on as a separate piece.

#610 5 years ago

Thats not really a play field plastic. It is a clear piece with a sticker on it.

#611 5 years ago

I don't know what else you'd call it. Upside down ramp? Seems like the same material as the boat... I'd settle for just the sticker.

Just my luck Ghostbusters comes out when my 800 dollar playfield is ready.

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

Chris

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-FT31-1676-COMP&Store_Code=BAA

#614 5 years ago

Anyone have an extra set of non broken sling plastics?

#615 5 years ago

Great timing on the plastics set! Thanks everyone for posting links. I hope everyone is ready for a playfield swap. I probably won't tackle mine until vacation in the summer.

Chris

#616 5 years ago

I'm having a problem with the 3rd ball lock. It seems sometimes it can't figure out there is a ball in the 3rd slot. I check the opto and it both 1 & 2 opt register. They seem to trip with the reel rotates. What exactly tells it there is a ball present? No issues with 1 & 2, just happens pretty much when ball 3 is locked. It launches the other 2 balls but continually rotates but never drops the 3rd ball until it does a ball search.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ed

#617 5 years ago

I'd change the belt first.

#618 5 years ago

Common problem with the ol FT. make sure in ball lock holes is clean and also that the reel has a slight lean to the left so the ball rolls out easily.
This happens due to vibration shaking the ball back to the right when the wheel turns.
To make sure I have a small slither of triangular rubber inside the ball lock holes creating a small decline inside, so it sort of pushes the ball out . Hope that makes sense.
Gone fishing leave a message.

#619 5 years ago

For anyone interested, keep watching the price of this game very closely over the next six months.
It is about ready to soar again as soon as the CPR playfields are released.
People and brokers are already buying up the beat up ones in preparation and stocking squirrel away parts.
In less than 10 years of watching the secondary market on this title alone, the price has tripled in cost for a superb+ example with an unfaded cabinet (or re decaled one).
It is right behind the WH20, Dr Who, and several other titles of insanity.

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

Anyone have an extra set of non broken sling plastics?

Good ink screened quality.
ebay.com link: Williams Fish Tales Pinball Machine Playfield Slings Slingshots Plastics

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Common problem with the ol FT. make sure in ball lock holes is clean and also that the reel has a slight lean to the left so the ball rolls out easily.
This happens due to vibration shaking the ball back to the right when the wheel turns.
To make sure I have a small slither of triangular rubber inside the ball lock holes creating a small decline inside, so it sort of pushes the ball out . Hope that makes sense.
Gone fishing leave a message.

Great tip. I'll give it a try. I forgot to mention that I replaced my playfield last fall so it might need that slight adjustment.

Thanks
Ed

#622 5 years ago

For anyone that has a faded cabinet, nothing makes this game looks greater than a new set of decals. I put mine on finally last fall and wow. It just looks beautiful.

ColorDMD is next on the list.

2015-12-22_01.03.37_(resized).jpg

#623 5 years ago

I'm in. Picked it up yesterday. Dunno how long I'm staying. I find the game a bit easy, and yes, the lightning flippers are on there! Plays great though, and it's a game I grew up with in bowling alley arcades on league days. I gotta figure out how on earth to get the torx screws out of the topper and cut the wire to that bloody fish though... we live in a condo with hard floors, and have people that live above us, it's just way way way too noisy...already has the rubber rings on the plunger!

#624 5 years ago

I recall you could just unplug the coil line to the topper.. at least with the FT i owned.

#625 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm in. Picked it up yesterday. Dunno how long I'm staying. I find the game a bit easy, and yes, the lightning flippers are on there! Plays great though, and it's a game I grew up with in bowling alley arcades on league days. I gotta figure out how on earth to get the torx screws out of the topper and cut the wire to that bloody fish though... we live in a condo with hard floors, and have people that live above us, it's just way way way too noisy...already has the rubber rings on the plunger!

Just disconnect the connector, you can get at through the back box

#626 5 years ago
#627 5 years ago

The topper has a simple connector. Two orange wires running in the backbox.

#628 5 years ago

I'd be interested in one of these too.

#629 5 years ago

Thanks for the tip on the connector, guys. I'll poke around for it tonight when I get home!

#630 5 years ago

Hey guys! I just picked up my fish tales last week and have been playing the crap out of it. Love it. My question is though the reel that locks the ball seems to not kick out the ball easily when it goes into multiball or when it kicks out the ball at the end of the game. It's like the reel doesn't line up with the bottom hole every time. Is this a common issue? Can I fix it? Other than that it works like a champ!

Fish_Tales_(resized).jpg

#631 5 years ago

Your belt that moves the reel may be either stretched out or gotten hard and stiff over time. Replaced mine to amazing results. $8 bucks for a belt, start there first. Fun project by the way. Take pictures as you disassemble to replace.

Quoted from LoserKid3:Is this a common issue? Can I fix it?

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid3:

reel that locks the ball seems to not kick out

You can try what was posted above as well:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/13#post-3014182

#633 5 years ago

Messing arround on photoshop with some alternative backgrounds for the topper, I like some opinions on which ones you prefer ! topper3.pngtopper2.pngtopper1_(resized).png

#634 5 years ago

I like the second one. They are all cool but i think the green goes better with the game.

#635 5 years ago

Yup, the second is closest to the original. Dark green with some blue shadows at the top. Nice work.

#636 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Messing arround on photoshop with some alternative backgrounds for the topper, I like some opinions on which ones you prefer ! topper3.pngtopper2.pngtopper1_(resized).png

I'd be interested in getting one of these if you make them.

I agree, I like the 2nd one best.

#637 5 years ago

Agreed, count me in, I'd love a fish background too! I like second one best. Thinking that mounted on plexy or petg, strong enough for coil, but now add backing light, turn that dark space on top of pin bright.
I kinda like the blue to.

#638 5 years ago

Most FT I have seen have a green Auto Cast insert. Mine is red. Anyone know anything about this?

tmp_10145-signal-2016-03-11-174925-105299275.jpeg

#639 5 years ago

They must have run out of green inserts that day.

#640 5 years ago

Red looks nice!

#641 5 years ago

Green looks more like it belongs there.

#642 5 years ago

I've never seen that, and I've seen a lot of Fish Tales. Perhaps a green super bright Led in there would fix it up. Cointaker 9 light.
That has to be a restoration fix.

#643 5 years ago

Most FT I have seen have a green Auto Cast insert. Mine is red. Anyone know anything about this?

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:I've never seen that, and I've seen a lot of Fish Tales. Perhaps a green super bright Led in there would fix it up. Cointaker 9 light.
That has to be a restoration fix.

Not a restoration fix. Owned and operated by the same company from new until I got it. They aren't into that kind of thing and if they did have to replace an insert it wouldn't have the lettering.

I don't care to fix it with a green LED. I like the little oddities that some of these games have. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever seen that on a FT.

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I like the little oddities that some of these games have.

I agree, here is another on youtube with a red auto cast...

#645 5 years ago

I have a question. After getting my FT all back together, the game seems to work fine except for when a ball is sent from the Casters Club to the reel, that ball will end and move onto either ball 2 or 3 (whatever ball I am on.) The reel will then feed through and launch the ball into the playfield giving two balls in play. I checked the optos on the reel and the switches in the switch test and all seem to be working. Any suggestions?

2 weeks later
#646 5 years ago

CPR playfields MUST be close to release, it's disappeared from the "pipe"

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

CPR playfields MUST be close to release, it's disappeared from the "pipe"

Yes, click on the home page for CPR and they are there.

#648 5 years ago

I already have a shipping confirmation #. But I'm not really happy I missed out on the discounted combo of main and mini playfield. I picked up the boat seperately a long time ago.

#649 5 years ago

Im on the reserve list!! Fingers crossed I get a place

#650 5 years ago

Me too catboxer, I purchased the boat awhile back. Honestly, I'm just thankful to get this playfield, the guys replied to my initial email dated January 2013!

Now I just need some time to work on this project - that is always a challenge these days.

Chris

There are 4,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 87.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside