IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 113.
#551 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Your supposed to shot the poor boats and jet ski's?

Fresh water fisherman hate jet ski's and speedboats raising hell while they are trying to get the fish to bite, and enjoy a cold beverage. I imagined torpedoing them before I ever saw that video mode. I guess that is a common fantasy.

A perfect 20 out of 20 will give you between 42 and 42.5 million points. (The boats are worth a bit more than the jet skis.) You can also set the video mode to award extra balls instead of the default setting of a free game. The setting change should be noted when comparing high scores.

#552 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Your supposed to shot the poor boats and jet ski's?

Of course, every fisherman hates recreational water crafts!

#553 8 years ago

Poor boats! They are interrupting your fishing...

#554 8 years ago

Does anyone know where I could find the 5 lamp board that goes behind stretch the truth? It's part # is A-15415 I can't seem to find one anywhere

#555 8 years ago

Any one ever had a problem with the right orbit "Long Cast" shot draining straight down the middle? Any ideas on how I should adjust my FT so that it doesn't automatically drain when it hits that rubber on the left side (next to the reel)? Any advice would be great.

#556 8 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

"Long Cast" shot draining

Mine clears the rubber and feeds back to the left flipper where I can often pull off a second long cast. Confirm you have the correct standard thickness rubber there, not a thick type band, and confirm you have a skinny plastic post in the top position for the band and a star post in the lower position.

The end of the metal ball guide rail is held in place with a hex head screw. Try loosening the screw, and then tightening it while holding the ball guide to the right. If that is not enough, you could file out the hole in the rails mounting tab a little.

#557 8 years ago

Same here I can sometimes make several long casts in a row.

#558 8 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Any one ever had a problem with the right orbit "Long Cast" shot draining straight down the middle? Any ideas on how I should adjust my FT so that it doesn't automatically drain when it hits that rubber on the left side (next to the reel)? Any advice would be great.

Not to state the obvious, but have you checked if you are level?

#559 8 years ago

Edit: Fat finger phantom phone post

#560 8 years ago

Yes, it's levelled left to right and I've been adjusting the pitch, too. It's only the really quick shots that go into the orbit really fast that have the issue. If the ball is pressed against the metal guide as it comes out of the orbit, it will catch on that rubber. If it does it tends to go SDTM. I'd like to be able to hit two or three long casts in a row, but this issue definitely prevents that from happening. I'm going to adjust that metal guide today to see if I can get jusssst past that rubber.

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Yes. that 3/4" ring is way too wide and causes the ball to bounce off of it after it exists the metal guide. To fix mine, I took off the plastic above it, then added another yellow star post, upside down, into the center of the ring. I did not screw this down or anything, just added it behind the other 2 posts that you see from the PF. This stretched the 3/4" ring out more to not make it stick out past the edge of the metal side guide.

You could also try thinner rings--especially if you're using those mushy PBL ones. Try some from Marco/PBR (PRW branded) or Titans, they may be thinner to not cause the ball to brush it as much.

It seems like there should be a 5/8" ring that would be closer to the right size there, so the only thing you can do is make it stretch more -- if you've already verified proper leveling of course.

#562 8 years ago

I unscrewed the screw holding the ball guide and pulled it over as far as I could and screwed it back down. It didn't move much, but it appears that the problem has been fixed. I also gave the rubber a good stretching which might have thinned it out a little. Thanks for the help with this, I'm now able to hit the long cast multiple times in a row (well, okay...twice).

#563 8 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I unscrewed the screw holding the ball guide and pulled it over as far as I could and screwed it back down. It didn't move much, but it appears that the problem has been fixed. I also gave the rubber a good stretching which might

Insert a picture here if it happens again of problem area. THANKS

#564 8 years ago

Been thinking about selling my game, so I've been playing it more lately. Put up a monster score (for me). It has me reconsidering.

IMG_20160207_200340_(resized).jpgIMG_20160207_200340_(resized).jpg

#565 8 years ago

That's a monster score!! I owned, and sold, a Fish Tales a year or so ago. Just recently, I picked up a much nicer table. I forgot how much I enjoyed this game. You won't have any problem selling it if you price it accordingly. Seems like a few people are looking for this title.

#566 8 years ago

I miss mine, but IJ fills the void pretty well.

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

What is everyone's thoughts on the color dmd for this title? I enjoy the game so much I am considering the color display.
Mike

Just did it. Very happy I did. Looks great. The colors go with the game so well.

#568 8 years ago

Just installed color dmd. Incredible. Don't over think it. Just Get it

#569 8 years ago

I wasn't impress by the Lighting effect of my translit. I changed for better and stronger leds. No success.

I bought another one.
Can you guess which one is new?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

I wasn't impress by the Lighting effect of my translit. I changed for better and stronger leds. No success.
I bought another one.
Can you guess which one is new?

image_(resized).jpeg

The geese seem to prefer the one on the right. Is the old one dirty?

#571 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Fresh water fisherman hate jet ski's and speedboats raising hell while they are trying to get the fish to bite, and enjoy a cold beverage. I imagined torpedoing them before I ever saw that video mode. I guess that is a common fantasy.
A perfect 20 out of 20 will give you between 42 and 42.5 million points. (The boats are worth a bit more than the jet skis.) You can also set the video mode to award extra balls instead of the default setting of a free game. The setting change should be noted when comparing high scores.

The boats and skis further back give you more points as well.

#572 8 years ago

Anyone know of one for sale?

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Anyone know of one for sale?

I think there are at least two for sale in the market right now.

#574 8 years ago

I know this is just an idea but has anyone ever actually tried to replace the flapping fish topper with one of those singing fish's that say really cringeworthy fish puns and wire it up to the machine ?

#575 8 years ago

I've thought about it. Most of those bass plaques are battery powered.

#576 8 years ago

Use the flapping tail coil signal to control a relay connected to his start button to make him sing.

Old discussion here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-fishtopper-needed

#577 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Use the flapping tail coil signal to control a relay connected to his start button to make him sing.
Old discussion here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-fishtopper-needed

As the flapping fish constantly bashes his tail for a set ammount of time would the talking fish essentially cycle through all the quotes onboard or just one ?

#578 8 years ago

I dont own one but it would be whatever happens when you push the button while it's singing. Either nothing or restarts.

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

./
P2242291.JPG P3182324.JPG P3182327.JPG

how you get the green on the ramps?

#580 8 years ago

sorry for the noobie question theres its no bumpers on FT?

#581 8 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

how you get the green on the ramps?

How to paint wireframes:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spray-painted-a-habitrail

Quoted from Metzu:

no bumpers on FT?

Sorry, not following your English. What part do you mean?

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

How to paint wireframes:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spray-painted-a-habitrail

Sorry, not following your English. What part do you mean?

sorry my bad! they are behind the boat im planning to get my first pin,i can get a good deal on a FT,theres any advice you can give me,any tips,what to look for,

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

i can get a good deal on a FT,theres any advice you can give me,any tips,what to look for

Plenty of threads about that. Here are a few items:

Check for battery leakage damage on the CPU board.

Make sure there is no credit dot. That is a "." after it says free credit or credits 0. It indicates there is a broken switch or another issue.

Play the game and see how you like it, and see if everything works. One of the most complicated parts is the ball lock. The ball goes in to the casters club and gets kicked up to the motorized reel which rotates. Once 3 balls are locked, the reel lets out each ball and the catapult shoots them on to the playfield for multiball.

Check J120 located on the bottom center of the power driver board for brown discoloration. That is for the general illumination, and can burn over time with standard bulbs.

Finally, the condition of the playfield, cabinet, and hacked repairs on the circuit boards, cables, and under the playfield affect the value.

#584 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Plenty of threads about that. Here are a few items:
Check for battery leakage damage on the CPU board.
Make sure there is no credit dot. That is a "." after it says free credit or credits 0. It indicates there is a broken switch or another issue.
Play the game and see how you like it, and see if everything works. One of the most complicated parts is the ball lock. The ball goes in to the casters club and gets kicked up to the motorized reel which rotates. Once 3 balls are locked, the reel lets out each ball and the catapult shoots them on to the playfield for multiball.
Check J120 located on the bottom center of the power driver board for brown discoloration. That is for the general illumination, and can burn over time with standard bulbs.
Finally, the condition of the playfield, cabinet, and hacked repairs on the circuit boards, cables, and under the playfield affect the value.

thank you very much!

#585 8 years ago

on the machine that im about to buy the topper fish dosent light up,its that hard to fix?

#586 8 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

on the machine that im about to buy the topper fish dosent light up,its that hard to fix?

Is the entire topper dead? Will the fish motor flap? What lights are out, the eye?

#587 8 years ago

Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Is the entire topper dead? Will the fish motor flap? What lights are out, the eye?

i see on the picture that the machine its turned on but theres no lights on the fish....

#588 8 years ago

I found this on reddit /r/pinball which seems useful: http://m.imgur.com/a/fNFpl. Some guy created the whole topper assembly from scratch the only issue i would have is the decals for the caster and the hook. This picture is from his build log; I have tried to contact him if he had the files in which i could get printed locally but if i have no luck does anyone have any high rez scans ?
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg (one off ipdb)
And also i have found out i am missing this bracket which covers the microswitch, i will may end up fabricating it but could someone send me a high rez picture of the decal so i can photoshop it and print it off

#589 8 years ago

Hi, I think the drop target on my casters club is acting up. When is it supposed to stay down or up? I have factory setting, i.e medium difficulty set. I seem to notice some inconsistent behavior.

First time I start the game, casters club is flashing and I can put three balls straight in there quickly (the target is down from start). The multiball begins and the target goes up again, which I think is normal(?). After lowering it, you put in another ball in casters club to go for jackpot. Collect the jackpot and if you drain all balls before collecting the second jackpot the target goes up again (casters club stops flashing) and you need to lower it and put another ball in to restart the multiball process. This is the whole normal process, yes?

Well, sometimes when I start a new game (not at first power up) the drop target seem to be up.

It's hard to tell and to explain, but it seems to be up at times when it shouldn't. It just feels wrong. Can someone help clear things up for me?

#590 8 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

sometimes when I start a new game (not at first power up) the drop target seem to be up

Yup, the game cycles it up/down at the start and sometimes it fails to knock it down. Adjusting the spring like in this thread fixed it for me:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-fish-tales-drop-target

#591 8 years ago

can you guys tell me if this machine its too F*cked up(its the only deal i can get)

http://mla-s2-p.mlstatic.com/flippers-fihs-tales-muy-bueno-883901-MLA20424632210_092015-F.jpg

#592 8 years ago

how much is it?

#593 8 years ago

#594 8 years ago

i might get it for 1350+shipping

#595 8 years ago

If anyone has the thin plastic to the right of the boat, I could really use one. I'm thinking maybe someone bought a replacement set and might have an old one kicking around. If so, I'd love to buy it. Thanks in advance.

#596 8 years ago

I saw a Fish Tails with green Titan rubber & thought it looked great. Has anyone mixed in some orange?

#597 8 years ago

Thanks a lot Neal_W. That did the trick, what a tough little spring though.

#598 8 years ago

Ok, so I've played a while after and the drop target down test (and up) works perfectly fine now. However, it can STILL be in up position after a game, especially if you managed to trigger the multiball at least once, maybe twice. I'm fairly convinced now that this is a software bug.

Anybody else notice more bugs? I think I see one at score calculation after a ball drained. Sometimes the amount of fish caught is lite up on the playfield (nothing else). And sometimes it seems tomdonthe summary twice where the score sound seem to go up in pitch.

#599 8 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

can you guys tell me if this machine its too F*cked up(its the only deal i can get)
http://mla-s2-p.mlstatic.com/flippers-fihs-tales-muy-bueno-883901-MLA20424632210_092015-F.jpg

its a good deal for $1350?

#600 8 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Hi, I think the drop target on my casters club is acting up. When is it supposed to stay down or up? I have factory setting, i.e medium difficulty set. I seem to notice some inconsistent behavior.
First time I start the game, casters club is flashing and I can put three balls straight in there quickly (the target is down from start). The multiball begins and the target goes up again, which I think is normal(?). After lowering it, you put in another ball in casters club to go for jackpot. Collect the jackpot and if you drain all balls before collecting the second jackpot the target goes up again (casters club stops flashing) and you need to lower it and put another ball in to restart the multiball process. This is the whole normal process, yes?
Well, sometimes when I start a new game (not at first power up) the drop target seem to be up.
It's hard to tell and to explain, but it seems to be up at times when it shouldn't. It just feels wrong. Can someone help clear things up for me?

I have been having the same issue. The drop target won't drop itself, it will only drop if hit. This is especially a problem when playing multi-player games as the target will often remain up when the next player starts. I took a look at the solenoid and the brass actuator that is attached had snapped off. There is a thin piece of metal that activates the drop target when the solenoid engages. I found a replacement on Marco, it's #01-8647-R. I hope that helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 169.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.