AB229691-BD43-4C7C-9295-FA8AEF787ECC (resized).jpeg
35BCE605-3677-459D-B188-C709AAB0FCA7 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220121-225121 (resized).png
7BC47792-DA99-4980-BA66-FDABD55027F5 (resized).jpeg
20210910_222145 (resized).jpg
AB4589F6-DE75-41AB-8454-F92A6A896CA7 (resized).jpeg
DFD2D065-0B65-4EBB-AD7B-D4DFF8C95DBD (resized).jpeg
5BC2B29A-F0B9-49A4-B230-9A577A40E5A3 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 87.
#501 6 years ago

Yes, it's insanley obvious which 2 wire connector goes up to mr floppy fish

#502 6 years ago

Polished lockdown receiver with new decals.

image_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#504 6 years ago

I have a set of rubbers from Titan for my FT, but I am curious what other Pinsider's like for the boat-ramp posts.

Mine are yellow and perform well, but I am unsure where I should get replacements? Thanks.

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from BazaarMunchkin:

but I am curious what other Pinsider's like for the boat-ramp posts.

I put 4 dark blue superbands posts. I like them very much and they blend in nicely. I also put peg plastic protectors circles on outer 2, not the captive ball boat, 3/4 inch circles on top of post beneath plastics to protect them.

#506 6 years ago

New decals and topper dome arrived for my fishy. It's gonna get the love it deserves. Wish I'd have put me down for a cpr playfield now!!

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

New decals and topper dome arrived for my fishy. It's gonna get the love it deserves. Wish I'd have put me down for a cpr playfield now!!

Contact Kevin, there's a good chance you can still get one, i was advised that there will be leftovers. If you go to the CPR site it does show that

#508 6 years ago

Done thanks

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Where does one get a new topper dome? And decals??

Mine is kinda cracked.

#510 6 years ago

Well I'm UK based and pinball heaven has them in stock at £63.
I got the topper decals from best of pinball in Germany.
I'm guessing you'd get them from Marcos if they have them.

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Where does one get a new topper dome? And decals??

Mine is kinda cracked.

Little shop of games has both topper dome and seashell decal, probably better deal for you being in the states

#512 6 years ago

Complete Edit of my post that was here regarding FISH TALES parts.
Seemed like a good idea to throw up my comments regarding my bundle sale of the Fish Tales parts. Thank you to all that contacted me about the parts list. I will return all emails in the order received. I have decided to list several adds here on pinside rather than the bundle sale. There just isn't going to be any of you that need that many parts.
Thanks
Eric

#513 6 years ago

How do you get the shooter handle apart? I'm going to get mine plated, and want to take it apart to take the switch out before I send it off. I have the security torx bit, but the other half just spins. If this has been covered in this thread I didn't find it.

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

How do you get the shooter handle apart? I'm going to get mine plated, and want to take it apart to take the switch out before I send it off. I have the security torx bit, but the other half just spins. If this has been covered in this thread I didn't find it.

Have you removed the handle from the cabinet?

#515 6 years ago

What is everyone's thoughts on the color dmd for this title? I enjoy the game so much I am considering the color display.

Mike

#516 6 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Have you removed the handle from the cabinet?

Yes, I'm not sure why that would matter.

#517 6 years ago

I just went and tried on mine, it is a stumper. The only other thing I could think of is to drill them out. It should be fairly easy from the torx side. There is no way you could get a needle nose in there to grab the far one. Maybe shoot Mike Chestnut an email, as I know he has done quite a few of these handles. If you do figure it out please post here.

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Ok I was just able to do it by taking needle nose to the head side and putting a little pressure on it and it spun right off

#519 6 years ago

On mine I put on a rubber glove and with one finger pushed real hard on the bolt and was able to hold it while turning the torx side. It was tough on the finger but I got them out.

#520 6 years ago

Anyone know of a FT for sale???

#521 6 years ago

Opinions on this FT....seller asking $2800

unnamed_(1)_(resized).jpg

unnamed_(2)_(resized).jpg

unnamed_(3)_(resized).jpg

unnamed_(4)_(resized).jpg

unnamed_(5)_(resized).jpg

unnamed_(6)_(resized).jpg

unnamed_(7)_(resized).jpg

unnamed_(8)_(resized).jpg

unnamed_(resized).jpg

#522 6 years ago

Inserts kind of toasted for higher end price. But cab looks sweet

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Inserts kind of toasted for higher end price. But cab looks sweet

Agree, you could go with the fish overlay and clear it and have a nice FT's but that would be quite a bit of work. I'd probably offer the guy more like $2200. The left slingshot plastic is broken, I can't tell if the plastic above the captive ball is in good shape, I know those tend to break too.

#524 6 years ago

I'd go $2500 tops on that one. Even that is a little up there. Nice cab though!

#525 6 years ago

That's a great price for ft they're not getting any cheaper!!!buy it or you will regret it when the same machine is 3500!!!

#526 6 years ago

How tough is it replacing the Fish inserts?

#527 6 years ago

I have the ColorDMD in mine and it looks fantastic.

Quoted from nocreditdot:What is everyone's thoughts on the color dmd for this title? I enjoy the game so much I am considering the color display.
Mike

I have the ColorDMD and it looks fantastic. I recently restored mine and did all new coil sleeves, new titan rubbers, ColorDMD, polished every piece of metal on the machine. I haven't yet upgraded the ROM and I haven't installed the NVRAM yet because I don't want to lose the high scores.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

I would just go over the bad part of the blue fish with touch up paint. I used apple brand gloss acrylic from the craft store to touch up my inserts, and they look fine IMHO. If the paint ever chips, I have more. The key lines around the 1X and 2X could use a touch up too.

J120 on the power driver board appears to be burned and needs to be repined. Installing frosted cool white LEDs for the GI makes FT look sweet, and will prevent the connector from burning again.

It needs new glass.

The plastic ramp and boat plastic look pretty brown, but replacements are available.

The in-lanes have damage where the ball drops in. That can be covered with rollover cliffys.

Cab and shooter handle look nice. Give it a play test to see how the display and everything else is.

It is probably worth $2300, but if you want it, go for it. Fish Tales rocks!

#529 6 years ago

I've had those fish stickers on mine for probably 5 years and they have no wear. I was lazy and new and didn't even level the chips. Yes, sometimes the ball is spinning and catches a sticker edge, but it's very playable and looks 10x better. That machine looks dirty but the inserts are in a lot better shape than mine. I'd say 2300-2400.

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Opinions on this FT....seller asking $2800

You can hymn and ha about price all the time. This is not a bad price. Go play it now. Then discuss trying to go down in price $300, or $200. At today's prices, plus age of machine, plus the few hundred you will put back into to it to clean it up. This machine is priced at a fare market value. It will not go down in value. Play it for ten years and enjoy it! You will always get your money back. I feel it's not about the price most times, its about enjoying a machine and not having a giant paperweight in the corner.

Quoted from Snowyetti:

That's a great price for ft they're not getting any cheaper!!!buy it or you will regret it when the same machine is 3500!!!

Quoted from thall17:

Probably don't need to replace them. Just scrape of old, clean, re-fit insert or re-seat, clean some more, re-decal, add playfield mylar as disired.
Few thoughts on what I also look for. Is it original cabinet decal?. How bad is cabinet fade?, dings, scratches, black paint rubbing, leg ware, playfield, plastics, cleanliness, inserts, playability, operation of coil mechs lights and switches, circuit boards (matching serial numbers throughout) cabinet sticker will match boards. Glass, legs, bolts, and lockdown bars can always be puchased new. Can work with bad coin doors.
Color DMD a must, adds $450 to purchase.
Take 25 $100 dollar bills now and go get it!
Go, Go Go....

#531 6 years ago

I think this would have sold a long time ago if seller would flex on price .

no not worth 2800

#532 5 years ago

That was really expensive imo. A FT in that condition goes for around 2k over here I would say. Playfield condition is always most valued, and this wasn't even very close to the wanted price. Plastics and cabinet details are cheap and easy to replace and should not be valued equally when considering the total price.

Yeah, the topper is included. It looks good, but the klackityklack could wake up Jimmy Hoffa.

#533 5 years ago

What would you reccomend for the replacement flashing button for the caster ?

#534 5 years ago

Anyone have 1 to sale in excellent condition?

#535 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

What would you reccomend for the replacement flashing button for the caster ?

I just put one of these in that I got off eBay and I think it looks great.

Got the idea from Mancave
b99b1880b3a53c8f53d58aae672912c4232a49a4_(resized).jpg

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I just put one of these in that I got off eBay and I think it looks great.

unsure now, do i go with a chrome looking one or black ?image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#537 5 years ago

Thats one decision you will have to make for yourself. Depends on the color of your caster.

#538 5 years ago

where do you get these lit buttons? got a link?

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

where do you get these lit buttons? got a link?

Go to post #472

#540 5 years ago

Thanks for the redirect

Quoted from Mancave:

Type this into Fleabay and it should show the same listing >>> 19mm 12V Green LED Stainless Switch Momentary Push Button waterproof
The only thing i needed to do was use another small square of black perspex to drill a larger hole into to mount the new button and of course wire it up to the 12v for the LED, easy enough to do. I did find that the center of the button is flush with the outside so i stuck on one of those door protectors just to give it a bit more height (also added a nice feel to it)

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

unsure now, do i go with a chrome looking one or black ?

The black one would look good too. Personally i chose the chrome because at some point down the track (hopefully soon) i'm going to get the whole shooter handle chromed. Also bare in mind you can use any colour surround piece that you can cut a hole in (Green, Red, Chrome, etc)

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The black one would look good too. Personally i chose the chrome because at some point down the track (hopefully soon) i'm going to get the whole shooter handle chromed. Also bare in mind you can use any colour surround piece that you can cut a hole in (Green, Red, Chrome, etc)

looking at the description is says that it is not a push-to-mach switch rather than a spst button , is yours a push to make switch ?

#543 5 years ago

Is there an adjustment that determines how long it takes the reel to kick out the balls for multiball? I was watching the video from the first page in this thread and his has quite a bit of delay between each ball, mine spits em out one after another.

Looks much easier to deal with when they come out slow as in his video.

I looked through the adjustments menu and didn't see a setting for it.

Here is the video I was talking about. Looks to be like 6 seconds or more between each ball being kicked out. On mine by the time one is on the flipper the next one is right behind it. Looks like he is able to get a shot or two at the casters club before the next ball is there.

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Is there an adjustment that determines how long it takes the reel to kick out the balls for multiball? I was watching the video from the first page in this thread and his has quite a bit of delay between each ball, mine spits em out one after another.
Looks much easier to deal with when they come out slow as in his video.
I looked through the adjustments menu and didn't see a setting for it.
Here is the video I was talking about. Looks to be like 6 seconds or more between each ball being kicked out. On mine by the time one is on the flipper the next one is right behind it. Looks like he is able to get a shot or two at the casters club before the next ball is there.
» YouTube video

The switch isn't working in the catapult. The machine will still fire the balls out, but it takes longer...

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The switch isn't working in the catapult. The machine will still fire the balls out, but it takes longer...

Thanks for the reply,

That makes sense, sure looks easier to deal with the kickouts when the switch isn't working :O)

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

looking at the description is says that it is not a push-to-mach switch rather than a spst button , is yours a push to make switch ?

It is a momentary action switch, probably not the technical name for it but it clicks when depressed and activates and then releases by itself which is exactly like the one i had on my machine. I'm not sure if the switch that was on my machine was an original mind you, sure didn't look factory installed. The new one works excellent and i can sink heaps more boats, that's of course if i haven't sunk too much Bourbon before playing
I've had a request for some more detailed pics so here's the inside shots of the handle and the "door protectors" i used to give the button a bit more height and feel.

DSC02047_(resized).JPG

DSC02048_(resized).JPG

DSC02045_(resized).JPG

DSC02046_(resized).JPG

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The new one works excellent and i can sink heaps more boats,

I use the flipper buttons for video mode,it works better than just one button.

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I use the flipper buttons for video mode,it works better than just one button.

I didn't even realize you could shoot with the caster button

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I didn't even realize you could shoot with the caster button

LOL i didn't realise you could shoot with the flipper buttons

#550 5 years ago

Your supposed to shot the poor boats and jet ski's?

There are 4,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 87.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside