IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 112.
#5151 1 year ago

Hello everybody !
I joined the Casters Club last Sunday.
100% original one, (very small) home use since 20 years, original topper, all the documents.
Just need a big cleaning, replacement of J120 and J121 connectors, Leds, new pinballs, separate battery, new rubber set, new yellow starposts.

The playfield is not perfect, 4 inserts need to be restored before 2K varnish.

I will do this when the machine will be available

20230220_201735 (resized).jpg20230220_201735 (resized).jpg
#5152 1 year ago

Recently while vacationing, a peaceful afternoon at the beach was disturbed by a jet-skier making a racket just offshore. After an hour or so my wife, who is one of the gentlest persons you’ll ever meet, said “too bad we can’t shoot him with a torpedo like in Fish Tales.”

#5154 1 year ago
Quoted from MR-808:

Recently while vacationing, a peaceful afternoon at the beach was disturbed by a jet-skier making a racket just offshore. After an hour or so my wife, who is one of the gentlest persons you’ll ever meet, said “too bad we can’t shoot him with a torpedo like in Fish Tales.”

haha, that's awesome.

Last time we were at the beach, my kid sat there "shooting" boats, wakeboarders, and jet skis as they drove by. I was so proud.

#5155 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Went to play a game the other night and she won't boot up. Most likely culprits?

tomdotcom Did you have any luck with the machine, work out what was going on??

#5156 1 year ago

All the test points checked out fine as far as I can tell. TP 1,2,3,6,7,8. LED's all look in the proper state. Main fuse in cabinet is good as are the rest of them in the backbox. I have not sorted it out yet. I haven't put a ton of time into diagnosing it. I do have a spare MPU, so I may try that. I reseated some cables...etc.

TP 1 14.49
2= 4.99
3 =11.86
6 = 71.4
7 = 21
8 = 17

#5157 1 year ago

Just wanted to recommend the d-6 / l-6 rom.
I just got one and the Leds light totally different, in a very good way. Much better.
I was getting it for the Xtra BallE fix, but the lighting improvements is a must imo.

IMG_20230225_145412 (resized).jpgIMG_20230225_145412 (resized).jpgIMG_20230225_164554 (resized).jpgIMG_20230225_164554 (resized).jpg
#5158 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

All the test points checked out fine as far as I can tell. TP 1,2,3,6,7,8. LED's all look in the proper state. Main fuse in cabinet is good as are the rest of them in the backbox. I have not sorted it out yet. I haven't put a ton of time into diagnosing it. I do have a spare MPU, so I may try that. I reseated some cables...etc

Hmm ok, that's an odd one then. Sounds like the driver board is powered and fine but the MPU is either not getting power or something has gone awol on that board. I know that a faulty/loose ASIC chip can cause a machine to not boot too from what i've read although i've not run across that issue with my Bally/Williams 90's pins. Have you got another machine that uses the same MPU board? Could try swapping it over to see what happens with that machine although of course you will need to swap over the game roms.

#5159 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Went to play a game the other night and she won't boot up. Most likely culprits? #sadday

I would re-insert all the connectors and test if all the screws that hold the boards on the backbox are correctly fastened.
Then all the fuses and the chips on the CPU board.

#5160 1 year ago
Quoted from mcalon:

Just wanted to recommend the d-6 / l-6 rom.
I just got one and the Leds light totally different, in a very good way. Much better.
I was getting it for the Xtra BallE fix, but the lighting improvements is a must imo.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where do you get the L6 version from?
IPDB has the L5 as the latest
Willing to share it?

#5161 1 year ago
Quoted from harig:

Where do you get the L6 version from?
IPDB has the L5 as the latest
Willing to share it?

IPDB used to have it but its gone now, I don't know why.
I wish I had a way to burn them, so I don't have the actual file to share. I got it from someone in Canada at pinballrom.com.

The way the Leds light now is so much better! It really is a must if anyone is using leds.

#5162 1 year ago

Thx for the help guys, I will be sure to let everyone know what I figure out. I have a few days off soon, might get a chance to fudge with it again

#5163 1 year ago
Quoted from mcalon:

IPDB used to have it but its gone now, I don't know why.
I wish I had a way to burn them, so I don't have the actual file to share. I got it from someone in Canada at pinballrom.com.
The way the Leds light now is so much better! It really is a must if anyone is using leds.

Found some info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/56#post-5423179

and the file:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/46#post-4818110

Seems to have the extra ball text fixed and the LED ghosting Patch applied

#5164 1 year ago

Joined the club

083F6D90-F986-431A-BC43-C234E4107598 (resized).jpeg083F6D90-F986-431A-BC43-C234E4107598 (resized).jpeg7B3367D1-2BD8-4AC3-935D-48B227BD8702 (resized).jpeg7B3367D1-2BD8-4AC3-935D-48B227BD8702 (resized).jpegC6F1FCF2-DF5F-4069-B2C1-BD56F10E3EAD (resized).jpegC6F1FCF2-DF5F-4069-B2C1-BD56F10E3EAD (resized).jpegFD9597B5-F49A-4843-BAAA-A1DB903809F4 (resized).jpegFD9597B5-F49A-4843-BAAA-A1DB903809F4 (resized).jpeg
#5165 1 year ago

I just checked ipdb and the L6 ROM still isn't there, anyone know the reasoning behind this? Perhaps some problem with it?

I'm curious as I'm considering installing it to my game.

#5166 1 year ago

Cool, I've downloaded it now. Still can't burn it and already have it my my game. But thanks

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I just checked ipdb and the L6 ROM still isn't there, anyone know the reasoning behind this? Perhaps some problem with it?
I'm curious as I'm considering installing it to my game.

If you're using leds or set to extra balls you won't regret.

#5167 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Joined the club
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fish Tales is going to be a nice change of pace from the other pins I see lined up there. Super fast (with lightning flippers), and a rule set you can learn pretty easily. But putting up a whale of a score is tough!! Enjoy!!

#5168 1 year ago

So I’m finally replacing my power driver board and I notice that I have something plugged into j138, which the manual lists as n/c. J137 is the playfield lamps. J138 matches my photo and the sticky I have on the connector, so I’m assuming this was my issue all along.

With that said, I was going through the photos in this topic, and they all look like it’s in j138. Is the manual just wrong?

#5169 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

With that said, I was going through the photos in this topic, and they all look like it’s in j138. Is the manual just wrong?

J137 and J138 are wired the same so you can put that connector on either.

From the generic WPC schematics page 6:

J137 J138 (resized).jpgJ137 J138 (resized).jpg

#5170 1 year ago

With regards to my machine not turning on, I swapped in a new RocketCPU and all seems well again. I realize that's not a very exciting shotgun approach lol, but it's working again. So that's delightful

I also bought a LED ColorDMD for it today too. Woot!!! Fn expensive though.

#5171 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

With regards to my machine not turning on, I swapped in a new RocketCPU and all seems well again. I realize that's not a very exciting shotgun approach lol, but it's working again. So that's delightful

But the ColorDMD is like getting a new game. So much cooler colors. More fun for those playing with me while my ball takes way longer to drain, LOL

#5172 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

But the ColorDMD is like getting a new game. So much cooler colors.

Absolutely agree!

My pinball-lovin' wife flipped a couple games on our recently acquired FT, then said, "I'm not playing this again until you get a color dmd."

I did .. and now, she's happy!

#5173 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Great to hear you got it going again Definitely means the issue is with the original CPU board and i'm still leaning towards the ASIC chip
It might only need re-seating too....Or i could be totally wrong and it's failed somewhere else

#5174 1 year ago

Had an odd issue on mine last night...my topper does not animate, so I usually have the coil harness unplugged. I am probably selling the game soon and want to get the topper working, so I plugged it in and played a game...well, I had the game reset to ball one twice during the game like I held the start button in to restart a game. Maybe it is unrelated, but the timing was odd. I unplugged the topper and put a few more games on it with no issues. Any ideas?

#5175 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Maybe it is unrelated, but the timing was odd. I unplugged the topper and put a few more games on it with no issues. Any ideas?

Does the start button seem OK in the switch test? Any change in switch test with the topper connected?

Odd switch issues are often related to battery leakage. Any sign of leakage or stains from past leakage?

#5176 1 year ago

Anbody know what size post goes here? It holds up the boat plastic ramp. Mine is missing, thanks

20230305_164928 (resized).jpg20230305_164928 (resized).jpg20230305_165005 (resized).jpg20230305_165005 (resized).jpg
#5177 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Anbody know what size post goes here? It holds up the boat plastic ramp. Mine is missing, thanks

You mean here @mzhulk?

Screenshot_2023-03-05-23-14-25-415-edit_com.android.chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_2023-03-05-23-14-25-415-edit_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
#5178 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I don't see anything missing, maybe just the wrong sized rubber ring. Unless you mean the hex standoff. LOL, and after taking the picture I see I am missing the donut ring.

standoff (resized).jpgstandoff (resized).jpg
boat assy (resized).jpgboat assy (resized).jpg

Hardware (resized).pngHardware (resized).png
#5179 1 year ago

Looks fine. A long hex spacer goes on top of that to hold down the plastic and support the ramp. You can see the how the hex spacer supports the ramp in the previous post by @golgotha. Don't forget the 2nd rubber on the posts facing the pops like shown in my photos.

maybe this hex spacer is the right length?? (I didn't measure)
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4252-40

IMG_2390 (resized).jpgIMG_2390 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpgIMG_2392 (resized).jpg

#5180 1 year ago

I purchased a 3 1/2 inch hex spacer that I can cut down if it is too long. A 2 1/2 is to short.

#5181 1 year ago

My first ColorDMD (LED version), price/shipping/customs charge was ridic, but it does looks nice.

PXL_20230309_035030802 (resized).jpgPXL_20230309_035030802 (resized).jpg
#5182 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

My first ColorDMD (LED version), price/shipping/customs charge was ridic, but it does looks nice.
[quoted image]

It's the mutts nuts for Fish Tales. Wait for the fish on the drumset! Congrats, and enjoy!!

#5183 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

It's the mutts nuts for Fish Tales. Wait for the fish on the drumset! Congrats, and enjoy!!

My fave is the bright red lobster

#5184 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

[quoted image]

Makes a world of difference doesn't it?

#5185 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My fave is the bright red lobster

I like the target practice shooting skiers and boaters. Hit 15 and the "EB" shows up. Shoot it for an extra ball!

#5186 1 year ago

I'm excited to be back in the club! I picked up my 3rd FT about two weeks ago at an estate sale. My first FT was in 2007, second was in 2008, and my brother has had one since 2019.

Topper present, and everything is pretty clean under the playfield. Cab and head have a few small dings, but the colors are good. Batteries were leaking alkaline, so that's getting cleaned up (notice I didn't say acid ; ). No switch errors, but corrosion all the way down to the switch connectors. Adding NVRAM.

I'll also be adding LEDs, ColorDMD, new plastic set, plastic protectors, new plastic posts, new rubbers, new lightning flippers, new reel pulleys and belt, and a few other things. I started the tear down about a week ago.

My pics aren't loading, so I'll try from my phone or another pc.

#5187 1 year ago

FT Estate Head 1 (resized).jpgFT Estate Head 1 (resized).jpg

FT on truck Coin door 1 (resized).jpgFT on truck Coin door 1 (resized).jpgFT PF tear down 1 (resized).jpgFT PF tear down 1 (resized).jpgFT PF tear down 3 (resized).jpgFT PF tear down 3 (resized).jpgFT Estate right side (resized).jpegFT Estate right side (resized).jpeg
#5188 1 year ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

Hi.
I'm having some troubles with some lamps, exactly n. 41 and 42, on the center of the playfield.
They are not lighting
Cables are ok, so bulbs (led) cause they are new.
Other lamps in the 4 column are lighting, so the other lamps in the raws 1 and 2.
I tested diodes directly on the card in the picture, all ok.
Does someone has the schematic of that card or suggestions about how to solve the issue?
What does the component circled is ?
[quoted image]

Still having problem, but the situation evolved.
Now the bulbs of the column 4 are lighting, but #41 and #42 are less powerful. I changed bulbs with some less good (read Chinese - only for testing, then Comet bulbs in again). It seems they receive too less electricity. But if I connect the bulbs directly to the cables, the light is good. Could someone confirm me the resistor on the board is a 2,2 kohm (Red, Red, Red, Gold stripes) ?
And more? Why a resistor there ? I think there must be a simple connection like the other fake resistor.
IMG_20230311_113156 (resized).jpgIMG_20230311_113156 (resized).jpg

#5189 1 year ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

Still having problem, but the situation evolved.
Now the bulbs of the column 4 are lighting, but #41 and #42 are less powerful. I changed bulbs with some less good (read Chinese - only for testing, then Comet bulbs in again). It seems they receive too less electricity. But if I connect the bulbs directly to the cables, the light is good. Could someone confirm me the resistor on the board is a 2,2 kohm (Red, Red, Red, Gold stripes) ?
And more? Why a resistor there ? I think there must be a simple connection like the other fake resistor.
[quoted image]

I don't think there should be a resistor there - the W2 designation indicates that it is a wire and not a resistor (just like W1).

#5190 1 year ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

I don't think there should be a resistor there - the W2 designation indicates that it is a wire and not a resistor (just like W1).

Thank you Zigzagzag for confirming.
Problem is now solved.
All bulbs are lighting perfectly.

#5191 1 year ago

Hey Guys, I just bought my first Williams game and was wondering about the lockbar receiver. Their seems to be no spring attached to the lockbar handle ? Is this correct? Or am I just missing the spring? I saw some William receivers online. They seem to have a spring ... but not sure about Fish Tales and not sure where to attach the spring. On the picture it seems to connect to a hole in de handle .... (havent seen one on my FT) ... Anybody?

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 15.13.29 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-11 at 15.13.29 (resized).png
#5192 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

Hey Guys, I just bought my first Williams game and was wondering about the lockbar receiver. Their seems to be no spring attached to the lockbar handle ? Is this correct? Or am I just missing the spring? I saw some William receivers online. They seem to have a spring ... but not sure about Fish Tales and not sure where to attach the spring. On the picture it seems to connect to a hole in de handle .... (havent seen one on my FT) ... Anybody?
[quoted image]

My fish tails doesn't have a spring but my jjp GNR does and it seems to be the same setup .

#5193 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

[quoted image]

W/B didn't start using the springs until 1994 & WPC-S with the high-voltage interlock switch. Personally, I hate the spring, you need 3 hands to lock the damn bar down!

#5194 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

[quoted image]

Yes correct, mine Is without spring.

But I'm going to mount It

#5195 1 year ago

Ah ok thx Guys!

#5196 1 year ago

I figured out how to hook the PIN2DMD to my Fishy with minimal invasive changes. I made a video on it.

#5197 1 year ago
Quoted from cyberfez:

I figured out how to hook the PIN2DMD to my Fishy with minimal invasive changes. I made a video on it.

Every game I have bought the first upgrade is to install a ColorDMD. www.colordmd.com I am interested what the cost difference is comparing the two turnkey solutions. My Fishtales has the ColorDMD and its bulletproof. Installs in under 15 minutes.

#5198 1 year ago
Quoted from cyberfez:

Great Video! (thx for mentioning my fishing rod as a mod LOL. I was planning to add a pin2DMD aswell, so perfect timing. Crimping the wires together seems like a irreversible step though. Is it also possible to connect an external 12v 5 amp power supply to the DMD running of the transformer?

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 21.25.59 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-14 at 21.25.59 (resized).png
#5199 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

Great Video! (thx for mentioning my fishing rod as a mod LOL. I was planning to add a pin2DMD aswell, so perfect timing. Crimping the wires together seems like a irreversible step though. Is it also possible to connect an external 12v 5 amp power supply to the DMD running of the transformer?[quoted image]

The wire jumper is removable. (Love the rod mod). As far as you question on the transformer, I reckon that would work. Glad you liked the vid.

#5200 1 year ago

I have wanted a Fish Tales for YEARS. Either games came up when I had other obligations, or the condition didn’t justify the price (to me).

Well the stars or pinball gods or karma or whatever the hell makes deals happen did it’s magic and not this is coming to my house.

An absolutely huge shout out to EagleTG - he drove 2 hours each way to pick this up for me. The seller needed it out of his garage and I couldn't make the trip on his timeline. EagleTG to the rescue. We've been friends for years and have had many pinball adventures. You couldn't ask for a better dude.

Thanks also to JodyG for selling me this awesome piece of machinery!

It still at my friends house but I hope to have it home in Friday if all works out.

Chris
9D042DAF-258E-4772-9AEF-ACA8DCF2790C (resized).jpeg9D042DAF-258E-4772-9AEF-ACA8DCF2790C (resized).jpeg2E5E07C4-0D22-4522-AB84-EAB23793335B (resized).jpeg2E5E07C4-0D22-4522-AB84-EAB23793335B (resized).jpeg078A7371-C3B0-4910-9115-3774401E8F07 (resized).jpeg078A7371-C3B0-4910-9115-3774401E8F07 (resized).jpeg2FA30C18-E1DF-4D9F-ABD9-BD3CB5A99C1C (resized).jpeg2FA30C18-E1DF-4D9F-ABD9-BD3CB5A99C1C (resized).jpeg57F8C818-CFB0-447B-9DB8-85A02BF7EDE6 (resized).jpeg57F8C818-CFB0-447B-9DB8-85A02BF7EDE6 (resized).jpeg587E4449-2DCE-4039-ABD4-8A454F6B79EB (resized).jpeg587E4449-2DCE-4039-ABD4-8A454F6B79EB (resized).jpeg63846978-2E9D-4F1D-9C0B-A5D45AA1038C (resized).jpeg63846978-2E9D-4F1D-9C0B-A5D45AA1038C (resized).jpeg678A5C2F-656A-4005-8405-47DEF6890839 (resized).jpeg678A5C2F-656A-4005-8405-47DEF6890839 (resized).jpegA0E475A8-094B-4C4A-9075-F17EACCA5D1D (resized).jpegA0E475A8-094B-4C4A-9075-F17EACCA5D1D (resized).jpegA110E107-75C0-4B40-B7C7-43B4C68FE95D (resized).jpegA110E107-75C0-4B40-B7C7-43B4C68FE95D (resized).jpegC8E22D6D-DE69-45AF-AB04-144D802C289D (resized).jpegC8E22D6D-DE69-45AF-AB04-144D802C289D (resized).jpegD6448B31-F88F-40C9-ADC8-7C1FF4056CCC (resized).jpegD6448B31-F88F-40C9-ADC8-7C1FF4056CCC (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.