IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 113.
#5051 1 year ago
Quoted from cyberfez:

Has anyone put a secret switch into their topper to turn off the coil? or is there a sneaky way to do this that does not involve butchery?
Cheers

I unplug that single molex connector in the backbox too. The flapping fish is a fun gimmick, but it’s a bit noisy in the home sometimes. If I have a pinball night I plug it in. Takes 1 min.

#5052 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I unplug that single molex connector in the backbox too. The flapping fish is a fun gimmick, but it’s a bit noisy in the home sometimes. If I have a pinball night I plug it in. Takes 1 min.

I leave mine plugged in and put several rubber O rings on the plunger and the noise level is definitely reduced

#5053 1 year ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I leave mine plugged in and put several rubber O rings on the plunger and the noise level is definitely reduced

I did that, too, but it‘s still pretty violent. I always have a slight fear that all that shaking will crack a solder joint. But for some reason I can‘t bring myself to disconnect it.

#5054 1 year ago

Sunday Funday...I made a blue Fish Tales ramp. Ill probably make it a shade more opaque yet, but I like the color so far.

20230115_162926 (resized).jpg20230115_162926 (resized).jpg20230115_163912 (resized).jpg20230115_163912 (resized).jpg
#5055 1 year ago

Having a very intermittent reel issue. I’ve played many games on it, but every once in a while it loses track of the reel position, and the ball gets stuck in the wireform as the wheel isn’t aligned. Then it spins and spins and spins for 5 minutes till it finds the ball. And when the ball is in the reel, sometimes it keeps spinning past the hole over and over.

The belt (Marco) was replaced 11 months ago. Any idea? Reel works fine in test mode, and the switches register just fine. Not sure what is causing it to go out of alignment like that

#5056 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Having a very intermittent reel issue. I’ve played many games on it, but every once in a while it loses track of the reel position, and the ball gets stuck in the wireform as the wheel isn’t aligned. Then it spins and spins and spins for 5 minutes till it finds the ball. And when the ball is in the reel, sometimes it keeps spinning past the hole over and over.
The belt (Marco) was replaced 11 months ago. Any idea? Reel works fine in test mode, and the switches register just fine. Not sure what is causing it to go out of alignment like that

Hmm... This just happened on my game for the first time a few days ago. I ended up pulling the glass and manually removing the balls on the habitrail and restarting and all was good. Hoping it was a fluke, but I'd be curious to the cause also.

#5057 1 year ago
Quoted from mcalon:

Thinking about building a topper for my machine which is missing the topper.
Anyone has a clue as to where can I find the actual fish? Will it ever be reproduced?
Any links for a fake one?! Similar?
Also if anyone has one for sell I'm in to that.[quoted image][quoted image]

Why not go for billy the singing bass and mute the audio : https://www.amazon.com/billy-bass/s

#5058 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:Why not go for billy the singing bass and mute the audio : amazon.com link »

I thought of it, but it measures too small, ended up doing something similar, when I get all the parts I will assemble and update.
Thanks for the suggestion
Still looking for the original or repro fish if anyone has a spare one for sell.

#5059 1 year ago

Maybe there's something here that could help .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-reel-opto-issues

#5060 1 year ago

You might want to check this as well : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/100#post-7325972

#5061 1 year ago

Optic issues perhaps? There is a pair of optics that reads "tabs" on the reel as it spins. This is how it know where the reel is positioned. Stands to reason that flaky optos could cause the issue you're describing.

#5062 1 year ago

Hi there fellow casters! Last week I bought a Fish Tales so happy to join the club!!

I had to carry the whole cabinet to the attic. (Hell of a workout that was). So I took the back box of, labeled all the wires and sockets and disconnected them. When reconnecting it all back, the lights of "Stretch the Truth" are not lit anymore. So I checked the connector in the power board and it was connected to J138 ... But when i checked the manual I think it says to connect it to J137 ... (see image attached) Should I connect it to J137 socket? or whould I blow stuff up?

Any experience or any suggestions how to fix this?
Perhaps this isn't even the problem...

Thx Guys!! Happy Fishing.

20230116_075604 (resized).jpeg20230116_075604 (resized).jpeg20230116_002410 (resized).jpeg20230116_002410 (resized).jpeg20230116_002308 (resized).jpeg20230116_002308 (resized).jpeg20230116_075622 (resized).jpeg20230116_075622 (resized).jpeg
#5063 1 year ago

Those connectors are both the same Joost.
Did you check the connector at the back of stretch the truth board also?

#5064 1 year ago

Yup, if you download the generic: "wpc schematics manual pdf" you can see on the power driver board schematic that J137 and J138 are wired the same and interchangeable.

Maybe a loose connector or burned out bulbs. It is also common for cold solder joints for the board connector [called header] on the lamp boards.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#5065 1 year ago

OH MY GOD! It was indeed 5 burned-out lights (!!!)

I must have tested it with a burned-out replacement too. They where probably allready burned out before I bought it.
Who would have thought? I've should have tested with my multimeter.

But thx Anyway Guys!!!

#5066 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Sunday Funday...I made a blue Fish Tales ramp. Ill probably make it a shade more opaque yet, but I like the color so far.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool! I have wondered how that ramp would look in yellow, like the Road Show ramps.

#5067 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

Why not go for billy the singing bass and mute the audio : amazon.com link »

I mentioned earlier I had this bass for sale.

IMG_6639 (resized).jpgIMG_6639 (resized).jpgIMG_6640 (resized).jpgIMG_6640 (resized).jpgIMG_6641 (resized).JPGIMG_6641 (resized).JPG
#5068 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I mentioned earlier I had this bass for sale.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take the real one, until I find one I got this.
DHL lost my package so I will keep waiting

IMG_20221231_144057 (resized).jpgIMG_20221231_144057 (resized).jpg
#5069 1 year ago
Quoted from mcalon:

I'll take the real one, until I find one I got this.
DHL lost my package so I will keep waiting
[quoted image]

You can order the plastic hood as well, you can still find them in online shops.

#5070 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

You can order the plastic hood as well, you can still find them in online shops.

I know, thanks for suggesting.
I ordered everything that's needed for a topper.
Decals, Kicker, Dome/hood, lights...
But DHL lost it and I'm now waiting again!! Dammit.

#5071 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

OH MY GOD! It was indeed 5 burned-out lights (!!!)

what are the odds??

It‘s always recommended to check the easy stuff first, but sometimes I find it hard to convince myself to do that. I‘m getting better at it, though.

#5072 1 year ago

can anyone explain to me how the BS (Big Score) in video mode is set to appear?

I would figure that turning off extra balls would be what does it, but I've always had extra balls turned off and nothing would ever show up. But I just reset my game's settings last night and now it is coming up.

#5073 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

can anyone explain to me how the BS (Big Score) in video mode is set to appear?
I would figure that turning off extra balls would be what does it, but I've always had extra balls turned off and nothing would ever show up. But I just reset my game's settings last night and now it is coming up.

I thought EB / BS shows after you hit 3 boats in each raw.
So minimum 9 hits, 3 hits each raw.

I might be completely wrong though.

#5074 1 year ago

When I replaced both pullies and belt I had same issue. I eventually noticed the belt was slipping on the pully. I scuffed the inside part of the pully with some sandpaper to give belt something to bite. One of the new pullies also had a lot of slack. It had a "D" shape hole that was a little too large. I shoved some thick paper in there to take up slack. Those two fixes took care of all my issues and has worked 100% since then.

You can also check your reel tabs. The tabs break the optos which is how the game detects the reel position.

#5075 1 year ago

can anyone post a picture of where all of the t-nuts are and the size of each please

#5076 1 year ago
Quoted from zerbam:

can anyone post a picture of where all of the t-nuts are and the size of each please

I just went to the hardware store and bought a 100 count box of #6, #8, and #10 thread. They're not terribly expensive, and you'll be set for a while.

#5077 1 year ago

i have already done that.....i was just hoping to get my new playfield all t-nutted with the proper sizes in the right locations before i tear down the old one

#5078 1 year ago

ignore, posted in error.

#5080 1 year ago
Quoted from mcalon:

I thought EB / BS shows after you hit 3 boats in each raw.
So minimum 9 hits, 3 hits each raw.

I might be completely wrong though.

I was more wondering if there is a way to completely disable that feature because it makes the video mode even more valuable. It seems like Tournament Mode is what enabled it for me. I turned Tournament Mode off and then played a couple video modes and didn't see it. But I may have not done the thing in video mode that was needed to bring it up.

edit:

I found another post relating to the Video Mode EB / BS and it made me wonder if maybe the latest code for Fish Tales (which I recently installed) maybe added something where the EB in video mode is replaced with BS IF Max Extra Balls is turned to 0.

#5081 1 year ago

I just looked up the parts list and ordered them, not done mine yet so can’t confirm the list is correct.
Good luck.

#5082 1 year ago

My friend added a key start button to Fish Tales. I love the theme integration.

Resized_20230109_201918 (resized).jpegResized_20230109_201918 (resized).jpeg
#5083 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

My friend added a key start button to Fish Tales. I love the theme integration.
[quoted image]

I had the key mod on Getaway , it would always come loose and the whole mech would turn , looks cool but in reality I prefer to have the button .

#5084 1 year ago

Does anybody have a tip on a bit more budget friendly alternatives for the pinsound fishtales speakerset? thx!

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 18.33.51 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-21 at 18.33.51 (resized).png
#5085 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

Does anybody have a tip on a bit more budget friendly alternatives for the pinsound fishtales speakerset? thx!
[quoted image]

Pretty much all modern speakers will be better than the originals , go to your audio shop and get the right size .
PS . I was at a party tonight with a few people from Amsterdam , such great people .

#5086 1 year ago

I am going to try to get the green a bit more opaque yet...but you get the idea on the tone. I am still waiting on the flaps so these are not for sale yet.

You can sign up for a stock alert on the product pages on my site. This will help me make sure i make enough of the colors everyone wants.

https://rampomatic.com/search?type=product&q=Fiah+tales

20230122_150159 (resized).jpg20230122_150159 (resized).jpg20230122_150237 (resized).jpg20230122_150237 (resized).jpg20230122_150334 (resized).jpg20230122_150334 (resized).jpg
#5087 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am going to try to get the green a bit more opaque yet...but you get the idea on the tone. I am still waiting on the flaps so these are not for sale yet.
You can sign up for a stock alert on the product pages on my site. This will help me make sure i make enough of the colors everyone wants.
https://rampomatic.com/search?type=product&q=Fiah+tales
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, will they come with all the metal brackets so we don't have to rivet or unrivet the old ramp?

If so, I'm in!

And I like the less opaque one, a bit more subtle.

#5088 1 year ago

Blue looks nice but i think i prefer the green one

#5089 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Blue looks nice but i think i prefer the green one

I agree. Blue looks great outside the game but obstructs the view too much ingame. Green is more discreet but still color.

#5090 1 year ago

Blue too dark.

#5091 1 year ago

Hi.
Could someone please take and post a picture of the connector showed in this pic ?
I'm restoring my PIN, the previous owner was not so careful how you can see.
Thx

IMG_20230125_073918 (resized).jpgIMG_20230125_073918 (resized).jpg
#5092 1 year ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

Hi.
Could someone please take and post a picture of the connector showed in this pic ?
I'm restoring my PIN, the previous owner was not so careful how you can see.
Thx
[quoted image]

Hopefully these help .

IMG20230125195638 (resized).jpgIMG20230125195638 (resized).jpgIMG20230125195648 (resized).jpgIMG20230125195648 (resized).jpg
#5093 1 year ago

Before and after. Still looking for an original/ reproduced fish for the topper. I'm collecting parts to assemble one still can't find any

IMG_20230125_195657 (resized).jpgIMG_20230125_195657 (resized).jpg
#5094 1 year ago
Quoted from mcalon:

Before and after. Still looking for an original/ reproduced fish for the topper. I'm collecting parts to assemble one still can't find any
[quoted image]

Cabinet looks great! Don't get me wrong, however in my opinion, A colorDMD upgrade should be done WAY before messing with a topper. The topper is only visual at a glance. Meaning its cool and I pimped mine out a little to make it cooler. The colorDMD is INSTANT gratification for the player as well as the watcher. Once you play a Williams DMD game with the color DMD, you will hate the color Orange. For me, it's the FIRST upgrade.

#5095 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Don't get me wrong, however in my opinion, A colorDMD upgrade should be done WAY before messing with a topper. The topper is only visual at a glance. Meaning its cool and I pimped mine out a little to make it cooler. The colorDMD is INSTANT gratification for the player as well as the watcher. Once you play a Williams DMD game with the color DMD, you will hate the color Orange. For me, it's the FIRST upgrade.

I hear you.
Playing virtual pinball for a year before getting a real one, I have color for all the virtual games, lcd / led panels (pin2dmd). I'm in the game when it comes to dmds. If I ever get one, I'll probably make my own.
Basically, this whole plasma display really gives me something nostalgic, it's glow or something, maybe it's something with frequency of lightning.
When it will fail I'll go color for sure. In a minute.

#5097 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Cabinet looks great! Don't get me wrong, however in my opinion, A colorDMD upgrade should be done WAY before messing with a topper. The topper is only visual at a glance. Meaning it’s cool and I pimped mine out a little to make it cooler. The colorDMD is INSTANT gratification for the player as well as the watcher. Once you play a Williams DMD game with the color DMD, you will hate the color Orange. For me, it's the FIRST upgrade.

No doubt it’s pretty, but I’m a strong believer in trying to keep a game original as possible as the creators originally intended.

I feel if the creators wanted color, they would have done so.

#5098 1 year ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I feel if the creators wanted color, they would have done so.

Pretty sure they didn't have coloured dmds back then and if they did it would have been too expensive .
The first one I ever saw was on The Simpsons pinball party and there was only a few colours on the little TV screen on the upper Playfield .

#5099 1 year ago

What are the chances to get these plastics in green too?

IMG_20230126_180152 (resized).jpgIMG_20230126_180152 (resized).jpg
#5100 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Finished (for now) adding some more toys. Let me know what you think.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow "Where did you get these wonderfull toys" Esp. the car with the boat!?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/102?hl=zigzagzag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.