IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
There are 5,608 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 113.
#1 10 years ago

Gone fishin'...leave a message...

Tips, wants, mods and more! Post pictures of your FT or leave a memory!

fish_tales.jpgfish_tales.jpg fish_tales_1.jpgfish_tales_1.jpg fish_tales1111111.jpgfish_tales1111111.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Here is my FT I put teal starburst bumper caps on it and the proto lighed shooter button.
Chrome by Mike C.

fishtales_002.jpgfishtales_002.jpg fishtales_001.jpgfishtales_001.jpg

#4 10 years ago

I have been after one of these for ages.......real perfect one on gumtree.com.au, its one of the best ive seen and he has used leds wisely.

#5 10 years ago

Love my FT, first and only pin so far....I'm on a pinball buying roll though (one in a row)

Looking at your nice examples has given me Fish Tales envy though now as mine is a bit munted, will post some pics when I have my new CPU board and have machine reassembled. "It's a keeper"

#6 10 years ago

./

P2242291.JPGP2242291.JPG P3182324.JPGP3182324.JPG P3182327.JPGP3182327.JPG

#7 10 years ago

That's a great looking FT. Where did you get the stickers for the top plastic part of the boat ramps? Mine doesn't have those and neither do the other two machines pictured here.

#8 10 years ago

I think I got them from Little Shop of Games?

#9 10 years ago

put some fish tank trees in the topper

Fish_Tales.jpgFish_Tales.jpg

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from xenon325i:

That's a great looking FT. Where did you get the stickers for the top plastic part of the boat ramps? Mine doesn't have those and neither do the other two machines pictured here.

Treasure cove sells them.

#11 10 years ago

I'll dangle my worm in this thread every so often.

I love my FT. I practiced my cleaning on the T2 so I'll put what I've learned towards the FT next. Treasure cove is waiting to clean up another play field!

Getting my first billion score felt great. Then I crushed it again with a 1.3 billion. Hitting super jackpot is ridiculously satisfying. Very tough to get to.

#12 10 years ago

Man I love fish tales. I think it's such an under rated pin, but I kind of want it to stay that way. I have some mods on mine and will post some pics latter. I am on my 2nd FT

#13 10 years ago

I would like to do a honest style FT tournament if people are interested?
We could have some kind of prize or what not, and figure out what the rules are. Couple things come to mind, Play 5 games, best score. Best number of fishes caught, etc.

Machine would have to be factory settings and outlanes to be fair.
If anyone is interested in trying this out, lmk or drop a line in the thread!

#14 10 years ago

Fish Tales is on my hot list. Played Whysnow's at MGC and I was hooked. Another buddy got his up and running last night and I couldn't stop playing it. If anybody hears of one coming up for sale, please send me a PM.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think I got them from Little Shop of Games?

Do they block the view to the pop bumpers?
pappy

#16 10 years ago

Looks good, top machine

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Do they block the view to the pop bumpers?
pappy

Not at all, also the L I E lights on the back panel make it extra easy to tell which lane to move to.

1 week later
#18 10 years ago

Just want to give a heads up to the long time casters in case you missed it- CPR Pre-order is open for Fish Tales playfield still

#19 10 years ago

great news

#20 10 years ago

Speaking of the Caster's Club - we have a Fish Tales , our 1st pin, recent purchase and we took off the Caster's Club plastic to replace the 2 related light bulbs.

While it was very easy to remove the Caster's Club plastic we haven't been able to properly put it back together (it's difficult to reach the nuts on each of the screws when replacing the plastic ).

Right now we have the Caster's Club just setting there and every so often it falls and we have to prop it back up. The seller told me a week after purchase that a 90 degree pair of needle nose pliers may do the trick , even still if 90 degree will reach back behind the Caster's Club it will be difficult to hold everything in place for each of the two lengthy screws as they are installed. I guess this all becomes easier with experience.

Anyone else have a method , tools to suggest to hold the rear where the rubber grommets , nut,washers - while from the front the two long screws are screwed in?

Thanks

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Hotdoggin:

Speaking of the Caster's Club - we have a Fish Tales , our 1st pin, recent purchase and we took off the Caster's Club plastic to replace the 2 related light bulbs.
While it was very easy to remove the Caster's Club plastic we haven't been able to properly put it back together (it's difficult to reach the nuts on each of the screws when replacing the plastic ).
We paid $2,500 for the FT which was according to the seller completely shopped out and we realized though maybe why the seller didn't replace the both Caster's Club bulbs as it's difficult to put the plastic back together <only joking , perhaps the seller just missed both items or the bulbs burnt out right when we received the machine >.

Anyone else have a method , tools to suggest to hold the rear where the rubber grommets are while from the front the two screws are fastened ?

We just got our FT about seven weeks ago and had the exact same problem after switching to LEDs.

After fighting with it, I finally got my fat fingers behind there and got the scres back in .... only to find I didn't like the color on the LEDs.

I finally figured out that the best thing to do is completely remove the aluminum housing, keeping the front of the casters club attached. MUCH EASIER to reinstall.

Traveler

#22 10 years ago

Yep, remove the housing, just held in with one fastener, then a bit of tug and wiggle and it comes off quite easy. Use a box end wrench with tape on one side to hold the nut for the castors plastic.

#23 10 years ago

Yep, remove the housing

It's the only way, it is easy to remove the plastic but a nightmare to put back without removing the housing who designed that bit eh lol.

My FT the side art is faded to almost white and the playfield has a lot of ware however I have already registered my interest for both playfields with CPR. Mark

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#24 10 years ago

Here's mine, currently for sale in the UK....

2013-07-20_10.12.39.jpg2013-07-20_10.12.39.jpg 2013-08-04_08.37.26.jpg2013-08-04_08.37.26.jpg // Error: Image 121256 not found //

#25 10 years ago

Thanks for the advice on the best way to deal with the Caster's Cabin front cover. I those thought about removing the entire housing and willl do so.

Great to see others sharing their Fish Tales pics. Cool video most have prob seen but in case haven't this PAPA tutorial covers FT pretty well

There's also some neat FT info on the Mark Ritchie TOPcast podcast interview as well as Python's interview / podcast - covering why were lightning flippers chosen , was the fish originally intended to speak

2 weeks later
#26 10 years ago

Love my fishtales with a passion.Pro fisherman by trade,my shark boat is called fishtales(same lettering and colours as pinball)and had the fishtales fish tattooed on my leg!

SANY0278.JPGSANY0278.JPG SANY0277.JPGSANY0277.JPG

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Gone fishin'...leave a message...
Tips, wants, mods and more! Post pictures of your FT or leave a memory!

that FT looks familiar! lol

#28 10 years ago

That is a cool tattoo, I just can't help but wish it were lower on your leg!

#29 10 years ago

Sorry,will get it moved for you.

#30 10 years ago

Great game, our second pinball (first DMD) - just wish the PO had the topper. Kind of in the process of building my own (in between other projects) however. Have all the parts and such (I think),but really would like it if someone wouldn't mind scanning their back ground image for me.

Other than that, fairly stock ATM except that I added LEDs (except for GI).

#31 10 years ago

Game looks awesome with leds,so many green inserts and the purple fish,wow!

#32 10 years ago

One of the games I miss the most. If I ever see a perfect, unfaded, beauty I will buy it and keep it. Prefer it to games like TZ, TAF, MM, CV, TOM. Really is a classic 'one more go' type of game but enough in it for the better player - never did get that 100 mill jackpot!

#33 10 years ago

Got 6 100mill super jackpots in 1 multi-ball!Because the jackpots carry over from multi-ball to multi-ball if you have collected all three jackpots the next multi-ball starts with the super jackpot lit.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Game looks awesome with leds,so many green inserts and the purple fish,wow!

I have leds in the inserts and those feeding frenzy purple guys are my favorites

#35 10 years ago

Yes,they look so cool.Thank god for leds.

#36 10 years ago

Anyone ever seen this one before? The bottom light on my fish meter tends to light, even when every other light blinks off at then end of a ball during game play. It seems like a little beacon shining in the darkness. Very annoying.

Also, anyone know where I can purchase a left side decal only? The rest of my machine looks great, but the left side is very faded.

Thanks!

#37 10 years ago

Here is mine:

ft-led-3.jpgft-led-3.jpg ft-led-4.jpgft-led-4.jpg ft-led-6.jpgft-led-6.jpg

2 weeks later
#38 10 years ago

Hey All,

So I have a question. My ball lock drop target is always in the down position for game play. Is this normal? When does it go up? The coils work in test and so does the down switch. I'm just not sure of the rules for the drop to know when it is or isn't used.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

#39 10 years ago

I believe on default settings if you drain after a jackpot it's up, you knock it down and it says something like 'tournament today, sign up now' then you can lock balls again.

#40 10 years ago

you can adjust the drop in settings. I can't remember what it is called but something like "hard" on "lock difficulty".

Factory is down for first MB

#41 10 years ago

Hey Hilton,

What about for locking the balls? In the down position for game play?

Chris

#42 10 years ago

Options for ball lock are easy (always down), med (factory, down for ball lock but up for jackpot and falls after a hit) and hard (up for 1st ball lock and jackpot), once it is up, for med and hard, it stays up until hit. IIRC

#43 10 years ago

Thanks man. I'm going to run through this tonight and see where I'm at.

Chris

#44 10 years ago

Wow... wasn't expecting to see anyone in their briefs this morning...

Love this game, I think it's a great one for multiplayer - not too complex rules, shorter ball times, great theme, great video mode.
I keep mine at the office and the guys love it.

#45 10 years ago

Sold my FT a few weeks ago and I must admit I'm missing it just a little.....

2013-08-04_08.37.36.jpg2013-08-04_08.37.36.jpg 2013-08-04_08.45.34.jpg2013-08-04_08.45.34.jpg 2013-08-04_08.39.46.jpg2013-08-04_08.39.46.jpg

#46 10 years ago

The "hard" setting is a game changer. I changed mine and it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal but it makes itjust a little more challenging and frustrating with the bounceback

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Jumbosinbad360:

Sold my FT a few weeks ago and I must admit I'm missing it just a little.....

interestingly, the guy who started this thread sold me his machine. odd to start a thread about "casters club" and then sell the machine,no?

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The "hard" setting is a game changer. I changed mine and it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal but it makes itjust a little more challenging and frustrating with the bounceback

hard?!!!! I cant get more than 5 minutes on the game without having to start a new one. practice practice practice...what a great game.

#49 10 years ago

Whoa ... you're not gonna eat that are ya!!?

So many great things about this table : artwork, colors, charm, call-outs, simplicity, difficulty, a fun video mode, topper, corny catchy music - it really has it all I look for in a machine. It'll never leave the collection.

DSC02619.JPGDSC02619.JPG

#50 10 years ago

MONSTER FISH !!!!!

DSC02620.JPGDSC02620.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,608 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.