Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinmike
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

805stng3s (resized).jpg
805stng4s (resized).jpg
IMG_20180329_225554 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I was playing my FT last night that I got last week, I raised the volume, was too loud then wanted to lower it a little bit, but the minus button didn't work. I took a look and saw some electric tape wrapped around the wires that go to the buttons so I unwrapped it to see what was up. I found a orange, and black wire in there, but as far as I know there were connected or not permanently anyway. I tried touching the 2 leads together, nothing, I tried touching the black wire to the terminals on the backside of the minus button, nothing.

I have attached a picture of the wires in questions- kind of hard to see, but they are on the right. All of the buttons look right and have wires going to them.

Anyone have any ideas?

IMG_20180329_225554 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Those look like the wires that run to the right coin switch. Can you take a picture that is zoomed out to verify. If two black wires are "tied" together to provide a ground. If the other diagnostic buttons work it is not those wires that are the issue.

#3 1 year ago

yeah I can take a zoomed out picture later today when I get home. I was thinking the same thing that it might go to the coin switch, so I bet you are right about that. I forgot to mention, I ran a jumper wire from the orange wire on the back of the minus switch to the black wire on the switches and it didn't do anything, so now starting to think maybe a break in the orange wire that goes to the minus switch?

#4 1 year ago

So if you verified that all the other diagnostic buttons work have you taken a look in the backbox? J205 is the connector for those dedicated switched. Re-seat that?

#5 1 year ago

I will double check that all of the other buttons work, but I think they do. Good call on the plug reseating, will try that first.

#6 1 year ago

I came home, re-seated the J205 plug, no change, re-seated the plug at the little board that has the plug for wires that go to the coindoor, no change, did a continuity test between wire on the minus switch to the plug that goes into the board, no continuity, took a closer look and noticed the springed part of the connector was missing so I replaced it and volume works great now!

Thanks for the replies and telling me not to look at those two loose wires, you were right, they are to the right most coin switch that is missing on my game.

#7 1 year ago

The C2 capacitor could be the main problem to the volume issue,If everything else is working properly like the menu buttons ect.This 100 mfd cap seems to fail causing the volume to go to the max.If this capacitor fails/leaking out then it is no longer good and will need to be changed out.The leak from this capacitor is somewhat corrosive and can ruin the circuit board traces.Here's a pic showing the capacitor and yes that white substance is the leak.(EDIT-I posted this for future reference the OP found it was a wiring issue but if all else fails this is the problem C2 capacitor)

805stng4s (resized).jpg

805stng3s (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Statesboro, GA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside