Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HRP+020811+009 (resized).jpg
HRP+020811+020 (resized).jpg
b6caeced31515e707eb69ddd870e055fe1fad26b (resized).jpg
37e6d0136ae4168a86c640c3f04b7b0fe3d50187 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hello All
Need a set of cabinet decals for an FT. Did not see anything on Planetary’s site. Heard next gen are not desirable. What’s the best way to go here to get the best original appearance?

Thank you

George

#2 2 years ago

Do they make radcals?

#3 2 years ago

Rad Cals or Australia. Bought a set from Planetary which I believe come from Jeff at Classic Arcades, very disappointed.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello All
Need a set of cabinet decals for an FT. Did not see anything on Planetary’s site. Heard next gen are not desirable. What’s the best way to go here to get the best original appearance?
Thank you
George

I don't know anything about the quality of the following cabinet decal sets, but here are some options.

https://pinballdecalseu.com/shop/fish-tales-pinball-cabinet-decals-set/
https://pinballhaus.com/product/fish-tales-cabinet-decals/
https://shop.doublepinball.com/it/decals-cab-set/279-jokerz-speaker-panel-.html
ebay.com link: itm
ebay.com link: itm

Gord

#5 2 years ago

the colours and vinyl on most listed are crap

some even advertise Next Gen and don't even know what next gen even means, or the vinyl required to use.

next gen takes the CMYK films and converts to digital or the art files and runs them through image setting software that adds the gradients that appear in screen print, then using special UV printer, prints with a raised print like screenprint and then prints a full UV clear coat over the entire image, and its printed on expensive pressure sensitive air release vinyl, THE SAME AS WILLIAMS USED on the original games. We still make them the same way for 16 years, I am not sure how other resellers do it but last time i spoke to the vinyl supplier many hadn't bought the vinyl for years.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Do they make radcals?

Stay away from radcals and use decals if possible....radcals are for people who don't want to put in the work to properly prep the cab for decals.
The results from using radcals is less than desirable...

These are the retro refurb/ euro decal ones they actually look good and are very forgiving to work eith...

37e6d0136ae4168a86c640c3f04b7b0fe3d50187 (resized).jpg37e6d0136ae4168a86c640c3f04b7b0fe3d50187 (resized).jpgb6caeced31515e707eb69ddd870e055fe1fad26b (resized).jpgb6caeced31515e707eb69ddd870e055fe1fad26b (resized).jpg
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello All
Thank you
George

Drano Has the best set for sale, Phoenix Arcade Cabinet Decals!

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPinball:

Drano Has the best set for sale, Phoenix Arcade Cabinet Decals!

If a set of Phoenix Arcade cabinet decals are available then the OP would be wise to jump on it as their quality is excellent.

Gord

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

If a set of Phoenix Arcade cabinet decals are available then the OP would be wise to jump on it as their quality is excellent.
Gord

and printed on the same vinyl as ours

#10 2 years ago

and ours

HRP+020811+009 (resized).jpgHRP+020811+009 (resized).jpgHRP+020811+020 (resized).jpgHRP+020811+020 (resized).jpg
#11 2 years ago

Anyone know where i can get a WPC cabinet?

#12 2 years ago

I have used decals and radcals on few pinballs - I disagree that Rad Cals are less work, you can do them the fast way and go over old decals but you still have lots of prep (I removed all the old decals on a White Water). Maybe a little less work but for a Fish Tales it’s a good alternative.

I like Rad Cals for durability and the shine you don’t get with traditional decals.

Unless you are making a high end pin either is a good alternative. If you use decals you really need to pull off side rails and just buy new ones, then it’s new legs, then on a pin like Fish Tales a powder coat really pops. chrome is great too. So you better have a starter pin worth all that work - meaning a decent play field etc.

So, yeah then get the best decals you can since you are doing a fairly in depth restore.

Even with Rad Cals you have to pull all the bolts, paint edges, fix dings and dents, paint bolts and trim the Rad Cals it’s not a big difference in the amount of work. Much easier to apply for sure.

#13 2 years ago

Thank you all!!

George

1 month later
#14 2 years ago

So, who has decals available for the Fish Tales?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
$ 26.50
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-cabinet-decals-2?hl=pinballemporium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.